Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2021, 13:35   #646
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
i have installed in my Ignis. Please see post no 620.
Thank you for the response. I have seen the post and I believe it a bumper drilled one. I am looking for near number plate one like Alpha variant. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 29th January 2021, 14:18   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueSteer View Post
Thank you for the response. I have seen the post and I believe it a bumper drilled one. I am looking for near number plate one like Alpha variant. Correct me if I am wrong.
Wrong. I specifically mentioned the camera was mentioned on the number plate light cover fixture and it is Minda accessory. It was installed in 2018.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 15:13   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Wrong. I specifically mentioned the camera was mentioned on the number plate light cover fixture and it is Minda accessory. It was installed in 2018.
Oh OK. Looking at the image I though it was a bumper one. How is the video quality and any specific issues faced till now ?
Old 29th January 2021, 15:30   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Oh OK. Looking at the image I though it was a bumper one. How is the video quality and any specific issues faced till now ?
Image quality is acceptable, no problem so far.
archat68 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 01:18   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Did anybody install a rear camera in Zeta ? Not the bumper one. Looking for camera near number plate like Alpha. Information appreciated. TIA
Apologies for very late reply @Torquesteer, was busy in work. I had ordered cable from amazon, posting link here.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08JHN8XLV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_S0WCSJZJ38X6PA1MQBMJ?_enco ding=UTF8&psc=1

If its out of stock on amazon, you can order from the parent website as well.

https://kwidcarsolution.in/product/c...inal-adapters/
I have attached one end to the music system and other end to original Alpha variant camera.

Last edited by ynike99 : 31st January 2021 at 01:18. Reason: Formatting
ynike99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 12:33   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynike99 View Post
Apologies for very late reply @Torquesteer, was busy in work. I had ordered cable from amazon, posting link here.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08JHN8XLV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_S0WCSJZJ38X6PA1MQBMJ?_enco ding=UTF8&psc=1

If its out of stock on amazon, you can order from the parent website as well.

https://kwidcarsolution.in/product/c...inal-adapters/
I have attached one end to the music system and other end to original Alpha variant camera.
Thank you for your response. I am planning on sourcing camera from Boodmo and will get the cable from the above website. I spoke to Maruti A.S.S but they said they won't be able to install it for me. Need to some FNG who can install it without damaging anything while removing and installing back.
Old 31st January 2021, 13:29   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your response. I am planning on sourcing camera from Boodmo and will get the cable from the above website. I spoke to Maruti A.S.S but they said they won't be able to install it for me. Need to some FNG who can install it without damaging anything while removing and installing back.
Dont get it from Boodmo, I had placed an order but cancelled it since they couldn't ship it even after 15 days. Source the camera from exclusive Maruti spare parts shop. I'll share the pics soon, you will get it how to do it. Its pretty easy install except for the rear boot wire routing.
ynike99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 13:32   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynike99 View Post
exclusive Maruti spare parts shop
Need to check where that is in Pune. Just spoke to the service center and they denied selling it over the counter. Thank you so much for the information.
Old 31st January 2021, 13:52   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need to check where that is in Pune. Just spoke to the service center and they denied selling it over the counter. Thank you so much for the information.
I remember reading about Maruti Genuine Parts stores in Kharadi, Quarter Gate (near YMCA) and Mukundnagar (off Satara road) a few months ago. Google for "mgp stores in pune" for their addresses.
Old 31st January 2021, 14:25   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
I remember reading about Maruti Genuine Parts stores in Kharadi, Quarter Gate (near YMCA) and Mukundnagar (off Satara road) a few months ago. Google for "mgp stores in pune" for their addresses.
Yep. Googled and called a couple of them. They are quoting ₹7675 just for the camera. Boodmo sells the camera for ₹5700. Is it just the price that is different or is it the entire product different ?
Old 4th February 2021, 19:03   #656
BHPian

I have booked Ignis Alpha AMT for my wife. OTR in Chennai post discount (18k=15k cash discount and 3K corporate discount) is 844596. Will not be opting for basic accessories and extended warranty which will save me another 24k odd. Delivery expected in 3-4 weeks.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 21:03   #657
BHPian

She came home today. (Sorry for the picture quality)

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-img_20210212_185404.jpg
Sandeep M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 21:43   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep M View Post
She came home today. (Sorry for the picture quality)

Attachment 2121094
Congratulations on your new ride and welcome to the Ignis family!
Is it Alpha AMT or MT?

Also, one thing I realized after the delivery of my Ignis is that I should have got the door sill covered/protected. Those were the "first" very painful scratches on my car.
Old 12th February 2021, 21:55   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Congratulations on your new ride and welcome to the Ignis family!
Is it Alpha AMT or MT?

Also, one thing I realized after the delivery of my Ignis is that I should have got the door sill covered/protected. Those were the "first" very painful scratches on my car.
Thanks man.

We bought this for my mom for her daily commute. So, it's an Alpha AMT.
Sandeep M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 12:30   #660
BHPian

I took delivery of Ignis Alpha AMT yesterday. The return to centre action is improved in this version as the steering returns back upto 70 person. Apart from the side cladding and number plate garnish as accessories, have and upgraded the tyres to 195/60 R15 Continental UC6. With 5J rims, 195 sections are on the extreme end of comparability. Haven't driven much to comment on the difference except that UC6 are very silent compared to Bridgestone Ecopia which came as stock. The cabin light is very weak and being placed in the front means that there is no light at the rear seat.

Planned upgrades
Seat Covers, Steering wrap, roof wrap, top gear 7D mats, Blaupunkt key Largo Android system, Rockford Fosgate front comps, 3 way rear coaxials, CTK damping, ORVM autofolding kit, footwell lighting, cabin light LED upgrade, horn upgrade
Sridhar K is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks