Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2022, 11:16   #736
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
I'm contemplating getting a used ignis amt as a second car for city usage. So, is it possible to reset the amt tcu's learnings?
Can be done at ASS I think.
archat68 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 12:00   #737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
I'm contemplating getting a used ignis amt as a second car for city usage. So, is it possible to reset the amt tcu's learnings?
I think you need to disconnect and reconnect the battery terminals to reset the AMT. Otherwise the slow dim witted AMT is supposed to learn new behaviour in sometime with your driving pattern.

Please check/confirm with the service people at any Nexa outlet.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 15:46   #738
BANNED

Please Ignis owners, shed lights on this.
How is Ignis's built quality?
How are the interiors holding up(2017 owners)
How is it's safety? Is 3 star enough?
I love Ignis right from when it was launched, I keep suggesting people this car if they don't like Tiago, so is it a good decision?
Old 11th April 2022, 18:00   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post
How is Ignis's built quality?
It feels better than my sister's 2020 Baleno.
Quote:
How are the interiors holding up(2017 owners)
Surprisingly well. The white part is still white and there are no squeaks/rattles. My ODO stands at 30k (MY Feb 2017). The car is completely stock. So none of the panels/dashboard were opened after it left the factory. The car has never been to a detailer and I admit I'm very lazy when it comes to cleaning by T-BHP standards. Paint is still holding up decently and there are no rust issues anywhere.
Quote:
How is it's safety? Is 3 star enough?
That is for you to decide. I do my part by buckling up and practicing defensive driving to the best of my abilities. Better safety rating definitely helps. As for my car, I rarely see speeds above 80-90 kmph in Kerala and the car feels solid at those speeds. Had to panic brake a couple of times and the car stopped without making any fuss.
Quote:
I love Ignis right from when it was launched, I keep suggesting people this car if they don't like Tiago, so is it a good decision?
The main issue with Ignis is the styling. If one can digest it, there is so many positives with this little car. It's a keeper and I'm sure I'll hold on to mine a minimum of 10 more years.

Issues so far:
  • Judder at cold start. Noticed after ODO crossed 10k mark. Since then I made sure to shift to 'Drive' only after warming up the engine. Seems to have solved the issue.
  • Lifeless steering with no return to centre. Repeated a ton of times, there is literally no feedback from it. While that makes it effortless in the city, you would certainly miss it in a twisty section of road.
Battery conked off a week ago and boot struts will soon have to be replaced. Apart from that there have been zero reliability concerns as is with most Maruti hatches. Only unscheduled visit to the service center was when rats decided to pay my engine bay a visit.

One major issue used to be price. Maruti have certainly solved it with ridiculous pricing of Celerio/Wagon R. . Dare I say, Ignis Zeta screams value for all the features it brings over the rest of the segment.
Keeleri_Achu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 19:11   #740
BHPian

Well, am facing an annoying problem. Seems like the central locking in my Ignis Delta 2020 has partly died. All the four doors are fine. But the boot door even when closed shows as open in the MID. Tried several troubleshooting, didn't help. When i manually put the lever in the closed position (2 movements to kick in central locking), the open door warning goes away. But then I can't close the boot door in that configuration since it's locked.

Any idea who should I contact to get this fixed at home? Any central locking guy or this needs a workshop visit? It would help to know which brand Maruti uses by default for central locking in Ignis 2020.
Old 23rd April 2022, 10:01   #741
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm on lookout for a small city car and very much keen on the Ignis. It's not an urgency so am waiting for the 6 airbags and 3 point seatbelts for middle passenger in 2nd row to be made mandatory. I hope they get the 6 airbags sooner considering that Ignis sold in Australia has 6 airbags which means that structurally it is possible.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 19:06   #742
BHPian

Finally after a lot of deliberation, booked the ignis on 24th April. Got to know a fresh Delta in white is headed to the dealer which was manufactured less than a week ago. Finally the car reached today and PDI was done from my end. VIN checked as well. Getting the car delivered day after tomorrow. Really happy with the Ignis.

Please do let me know if there is anything specific apart from the PDI check list I should look at.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20220426_173859.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20220426_173820.jpg  

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-20220426_173801.jpg  

aditya.bhardwaj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 10:46   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
Finally after a lot of deliberation, booked the ignis on 24th April. Got to know a fresh Delta in white is headed to the dealer which was manufactured less than a week ago. Finally the car reached today and PDI was done from my end. VIN checked as well. Getting the car delivered day after tomorrow. Really happy with the Ignis.

Please do let me know if there is anything specific apart from the PDI check list I should look at.

Cheers.
Congratulations! Ignis is the best city hatchback if one is okay with the looks!
can you share the final On road price, discounts, Deal on 2021 model etc.
buntee90 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 13:24   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buntee90 View Post
Congratulations! Ignis is the best city hatchback if one is okay with the looks!
can you share the final On road price, discounts, Deal on 2021 model etc.
Thanks a lot. I absolutely love the looks so that was never an issue .

This is an April 2022 manufactured Delta MT. OTR was Rs 6.30L with seat covers and 3d carpet mats thrown in.

Overall discounts which I got was 58k.
aditya.bhardwaj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 14:30   #745
BHPian

The car looks lovely! Many congratulations on the new acquisition, wishing you and all your passengers many many miles with smiles! Ignis has always been a supremely underrated car but a very sensible purchase with a brilliant engine you cannot go wrong with, probably owing to its polarising looks. I've always loved the gearbox of the Ignis, finding myself shifting gears just for the sake of it at times. Hope we get to read your long term reviews with time.

Quote:

Cheers.
Old 27th April 2022, 17:08   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosengine View Post
The car looks lovely! Many congratulations on the new acquisition, wishing you and all your passengers many many miles with smiles! Ignis has always been a supremely underrated car but a very sensible purchase with a brilliant engine you cannot go wrong with, probably owing to its polarising looks. I've always loved the gearbox of the Ignis, finding myself shifting gears just for the sake of it at times. Hope we get to read your long term reviews with time.
Thank you so much. Yes the gearbox action, feel and throw is very good. Coming from a punto evo, the gearshift feel was very very good. In the punto, it was rubbery.

Lastly, can anyone help to confirm if the LED fog lamps from XL6/brezza zxi can be Installed in the Ignis. I was not too happy with the stock fog lamp (which can be bought as an accessory)

For the headlights as well. I have seen multiple YouTube videos of people swapping their stock halogen headlamps to alpha led projectors with DRL's. Spoke to one person and he quoted 27k for brand new OEM headlamps with 2 yrs warranty and installation.

My idea was to go ahead with IPH projectors in the fogs and they should be more than enough.
aditya.bhardwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 21:17   #747
BHPian

My White Ignis Alpha, delivered to me from Nexa showroom on 6th February 2022, today completed 3700 Kms with couple of highway runs of 500 Kms.
The mileage I got on highway is 17.9 while in the city it is 17.3 with AC on all the time.

As reiterated by many above, the car is a dream to drive with a smooth, slick short shifter. The boot space is quite appropriate for a car of this size. I came back from last two highway trips with a fairly large trolley bag and 4 nos. big sized watermelon as well
The AC is a delight and quickly chills the car , even in this 40-42 degree hot Indian Summer outside. I installed Garware IceCool Shield and IceCool Elite films on all glasses including windshield though from day one. The automatic climate control is a charm and I have noticed that it remember your setting and keeps the inside temperature at just the perfect level ( I don't have to touch it even ) The 6 speaker OE music system is really nice. The projector headlamps are powerful and the beam is very effective without any scattering. My car is Alpha so it has all the bells and whistles like black alloys and puddle lamps apart from climate control, projector headlamps and LED DRLs
I use Continental UC6 185/65 R15 from day 1 as well and those tyres are fantastic. I would have bought Michelins if they were available at that time but after using UC6 till now with driving on various road conditions, I don't regret paying for Conti tyres.
The engine is frugal, pick up is great and NVH is really low

The only two issues that I have noticed which you can say are negatives for Ignis are , number one the steering doesn't weigh up at high speeds. I have been using cars from Maruti stable since 2003 and my last two cars were Estilo Lxi and Ertiga ZDi on which I have driven comfortably at triple digit speeds and never ever had reason to frown. On my Ignis with 15 inch tyres, going beyond 130 is a bit unnerving. Although the recommended tyre pressure as suggested by Maruti Suzuki is 36 in the front and 32 at the rear, I reduced the front tyre psi to 33 and rear remained at 32. But then driving continuously at higher speeds on empty stretches has not been very convincing
Secondly the suspension is stiff. Obviously this was done by MSIL to reduce body roll. By reducing my front tyre pressure, I thought of using my tyre's side wall to have that extra play so that I don't feel every undulations on the road.

Please give your inputs on these two factors that I have noticed and the methods that I am following to make driving more comfortable

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd May 2022 at 17:28. Reason: Mention of high speed driving
ultimatechamp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 21:30   #748

Quote:
Thanks a lot. I absolutely love the looks so that was never an issue .

This is an April 2022 manufactured Delta MT. OTR was Rs 6.30L with seat covers and 3d carpet mats thrown in.

Overall discounts which I got was 58k.
That is a sweet deal for sure. I reside in Pune and was preparing for 7.09 OTR! Can I get a similar deal with some luck?
Old 30th April 2022, 10:23   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinDinWo View Post
That is a sweet deal for sure. I reside in Pune and was preparing for 7.09 OTR! Can I get a similar deal with some luck?
Thank you. What are the discounts offered? I hope the 7L figure is pre discounts. You can get some nice deals on the ignis currently. Do push and compare quotes from other dealers as well.

Last edited by aditya.bhardwaj : 30th April 2022 at 10:23. Reason: Grammer
Old 4th May 2022, 01:29   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
The mileage I got on highway is 17.9 while in the city it is 17.3 with AC on all the time.
Are you sure it's 17.3 in the city and not 13.7? AFAIK, this is an unrealistic figure. My Zeta petrol MT will turn 4 in June this year and the max it has returned in Pune city is 13 even with a light foot. On highways it easily returns 20-22 if you maintain a speed of 90-100 km/h. As for the steering, I feel it starts to weigh up post 100 km/h. Max I have gone is 140 once in 2019 when I was traveling to Mumbai with my younger brother and 2 cousins.

Last edited by yatesh.92 : 4th May 2022 at 01:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks