Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2022, 14:49   #856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Since you are replacing the Indica Xeta, you might not like the ride quality on the Ignis, or the light build. Same for other Maruti's in your shortlist.

If you can, increase your budget and consider the Tata Punch. Barring an engine which feels underpowered for the weight and size of the car, the Punch has a lot more going for it in terms of better ride quality, better space and ofcourse 5 star GNCAP rating.

If you could let us know your budget, perhaps we can come up with more such recommendations and cars that can match the ride comfort and space of your Indica.
My budget is Max ₹8.5 Lakhs. My dad is insisting on Maruti as the car is to be run in the city.
I am confused between Celerio AMT or MT.

Last edited by Sheel : 13th December 2022 at 10:14. Reason: Please take your time & reply to all posts in one go, instead of back to back posts on the same thread. Thanks.
Old 12th December 2022, 22:19   #857
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis : Official Review

Ignis scores Single star in 2022 global ncap, and 0 star in child safety, body shell unstable. When will Maruti Suzuki realise the importance of safety, I think we should encourage manufacturers of safe cars including Volkswagen, Skoda, Tata and Mahindra.

Swift and the Espresso also get the honours

Last edited by gsratta : 12th December 2022 at 22:23.
gsratta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 13:40   #858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
Ignis scores Single star in 2022 global ncap, and 0 star in child safety, body shell unstable. When will Maruti Suzuki realise the importance of safety, I think we should encourage manufacturers of safe cars including Volkswagen, Skoda, Tata and Mahindra.
Well the same Ignis scored 3 stars a few years back. And Spresso scored 0 star a couple of years back and 3 stars 6 months back.

Go figure.

Lets not get into the discussion though, there is a separate thread.

Having said that, Maruti, Hyundai, Kia do need to take lessons from home grown manufacturers when it comes to making cars that are safer, there is no doubt about that.
DCEite is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 14:12   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Well the same Ignis scored 3 stars a few years back. And Spresso scored 0 star a couple of years back and 3 stars 6 months back.

Go figure.

Lets not get into the discussion though, there is a separate thread.

Having said that, Maruti, Hyundai, Kia do need to take lessons from home grown manufacturers when it comes to making cars that are safer, there is no doubt about that.
This change in the Global ncap rating of Ignis and some other cars is due to the stricter norms being followed by Gncap in 2022, which takes into account a lot more parameters including side impact, pole impact and change in features of the car including ABS, number of airbags and other safety features such seat belt warning etc. Whereas earlier it was only partial frontal impact and no side impact testing.
gsratta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 21:38   #860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
This change in the Global ncap rating of Ignis and some other cars is due to the stricter norms being followed by Gncap in 2022, which takes into account a lot more parameters including side impact, pole impact and change in features of the car including ABS, number of airbags and other safety features such seat belt warning etc. Whereas earlier it was only partial frontal impact and no side impact testing.
Understood but my point is not that. Safety ratings will change as more stringent norms are followed by these agencies. If an earlier 3 star rated car is now tested for side impacts as well (mind you without side airbags) the safety ratings WILL go down. That does not mean the car is not road worthy or extremely unsafe.

So, its all relative.

By the way I would love to see new crash test ratings of all TATA cars which were tested with 2 Airbags, and what ratings they now achieve with updated GNCAP procedures.
DCEite is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 02:15   #861

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashOjha15 View Post
My budget is Max ₹8.5 Lakhs. My dad is insisting on Maruti as the car is to be run in the city.
I am confused between Celerio AMT or MT.
Don't buy the Celerio man, it's like a bigger Alto now. Ignis on the other hand is a standard above. It is better in every aspect. I would strongly recommend Ignis if you only want a Maruti.
Sagarjagga is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 16:46   #862
BHPian

Ignis was tested and rated 3 Stars 4 years ago in GNCAP and Euro NCAP too. While the norms have changed and become stricter (or I should say added few more safety features as mandatory, the Car essentially hasn't changed. That explain the 1 star.
So Suzuki should get a facelift and add these features and that should get the scores higher again.
I remember the 5 year old Punto scoring zero stars and India Spec VW Polo scoring 1 star a few years back. Later on the same VW Polo with dual airbags and other features scored 5 stars.
Old 19th December 2022, 19:38   #863
BHPian

I was looking for a second city car. After test driving kwid, the new Alto K10. Did not like them. Finally chanced on an Ignis, even though it was beyond out budget, we both loved the car. The responsiveness, space and the butter smooth, gen of an engine. What we did not like was the steering not returning to the normal position and relatively not so great build quality. We were ok with the cons and decided the Zeta MT was the car to buy. I was waiting for a decent offer from the Nexa guys. They were hell bent on 7.7 lakhs. Not a rupee less. Worst was no better offers in December. Max discount was 35k company discount+ 5 thousand from the dealer. They were not ready to offer anything more. We waited till Dec for this. Also that fact that it scored 1 star in the updated GNCAP ratings, we have decided to not go with the Ignis anymore. I was enamoured with the Ignis, since the day it was launched. I was one of the few people who loved how an Ignis looked. Sad that we won't be buying one.
Old 21st December 2022, 15:59   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagarjagga View Post
Don't buy the Celerio man, it's like a bigger Alto now. Ignis on the other hand is a standard above. It is better in every aspect. I would strongly recommend Ignis if you only want a Maruti.
After using ignis for 5 years i strongly recommend ignis. Its a very good package and fun to drive also. Can be used on highways as well if you change the tires to 185 or 195 size.
shebin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 19:27   #865
BHPian

Maruti Ignis : Official Review-inbound4209161690982672297.jpgGot the ignis sigma delivered on 3rd of december and the car is performing really well and i also got the first scheduled service done at 1k kms. It is the best car you can buy if you have a tight budget, it has a peppy engine and spacious enough for four full sized adults although the ride quality is a bit stiff and can get uncomfortable on bumpy roads.

Last edited by zaid qazi : 21st December 2022 at 19:29.
zaid qazi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2022, 03:32   #866
BHPian

My father’s old Wagon R (2004) had been scraped a little while ago and we had been looking for the perfect replacement of it. My dad doesn’t drive my Scross at all. He hates the hassle of moving a big car around in the city. I had assumed the smaller sub 4m “SUVs” would be a different story but after seeing him TD-ing (and struggling to drive) the Brezza, Nexon, Altroz and Magnite, I realised he had issue with the width of a car more than its length. Automatics are an absolute no go for him as he’s resistant to change and the learning curve (in his opinion) is too much for him to deal with.

The next considerations in line included the Tiago, S-Presso, WagonR (), C3 and the Punch but none managed to impress much. The C3, though capable, was expensive and the long term reliability of it remains a question unanswered. Passed on it as I didn’t feel comfortable buying a new entrant for my 58-year old father. Coming back to the Maruti stable, Ignis had always been on my radar as I found it to be practical enough as a city beater small car but my dad never liked how the car looked. Come December, there was all kinds of news about discounts and new engines and “price hikes” which drove us into action again and after many discussions my dad agreed to go see the car in person and take a TD.

He was sold as soon as he drove it. The dealer obliged to my request for a longer TD and my dad felt right at home handling the car through the streets of West Delhi where he’s been driving the Omni’s, a Zen and the WagonR for about 35 odd years now. It barely took him 10 minutes to ask the SA for a quote and the booking for a Silky Silver Ignis Delta MT was done (details on the final discounts & price will be shared in the delivery post). This was 20th of December, the dealer says he doesn’t have stock and the car would arrive at his stockyard in less than a week’s time. PDI & delivery details soon

Last edited by sunejarahul : 22nd December 2022 at 03:41.
sunejarahul is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 16:00   #867
BHPian

Is there an engine upgrade expected in the Ignis, any time soon?
TSEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 16:38   #868
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
Most people subscribed to this thread who don't currently own an Ignis have the same question.

Except for an unwarranted crash test from GNCAP and the latest Black Edition colour option from Maruti, nothing much of a news.

Usually, a colour option at the fag end of the life cycle should mean they maybe trying to phase it out. But in this case, their newest car (Grand Vitara) also has this Nexa Black option. So I guess we can still hope for some update for the Ignis.
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 21:10   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
I don't think Maruti will upgrade the Ignis anymore. Its been years since the facelift. My guess is that Ignis will be discontinued and replaced with the Jimny.
TorqueSteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 23:14   #870
BHPian

I am looking to buy an Ignis as a second car, primarily to be used in city.
Checked with Nexa dealership in mumbai, they have a few 2022 make Sigma/Zeta/Alpha variants.

Sigma for 6.0lac (including touchscreen infotainment with reverse camera, foglamp, security system and additional set of speakers)
Zeta for around 7.2lac and Alpha for 8.12lac.

These are initial figures quoted, will be negotiating with them.

Any idea what should be a reasonable figure for Sigma and Zeta ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks