Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2021, 19:31   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review

I am not sure if this has been shared yet, but I was facing this peculiar issue when I connected my Phone to Android Auto, and I received a call, I could not hear the voice of the caller, and vice a versa.

Found a workaround for this. This short video explains it very well.

Hope this helps!
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 15:51   #212
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone,

I was looking to install the puddle lamps (front doors) and the LED Scuff plates from official Ford Accessories. If anyone has already installed it, please let me know the following-

1) Does it involve splicing of wires?
2) How durable these would be?

Mine is a S TDCI variant.
Old 25th September 2021, 10:21   #213
BHPian

Re: Kings Ford Goa cuts ABS sensor & harness wire | Reports as 'Rat Bite' | Ford India uncooperativ

Hello Guys, my 2020 Pre worshipped Ford Ecosport S, has been having some issues lately, the 4.2 inch MID in the meter console is going on and off randomly. Sometimes it works without any issues, but most of the time the display just goes full white with the text appearing very faintly.

Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210925-7.55.24-am.jpeg Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210925-7.55.33-am.jpeg

These two photos are taken maybe 20 mins apart. I took the car to the ASS and they have told to me replace the entire cluster at a cost of 30k plus tax and labor. Since my car is a BS4 version it only came with a warranty of 2 years. I ask my SA to replace it under warranty but he told me that the manufactured date of the car is 2019 September (which I confirmed), so the warranty period has ended.

Now, since Ford is finding Rat Ninjas to fetch as much money as they can from their customers, I cannot pull myself to believe them. I couldn't find a replacement part online as well, so dear BHPians please advise.

Last edited by kar_thikr : 25th September 2021 at 10:40. Reason: Wrong details
Old 25th September 2021, 10:25   #214
Team-BHP Support

Re: Kings Ford Goa cuts ABS sensor & harness wire | Reports as 'Rat Bite' | Ford India uncooperativ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_thikr View Post
I couldn't find a replacement part online as well, so dear BHPians please advise.
You bought your car in Oct '19, isnt' it? You still have a few days until the standard two years warranty expires. Involve Ford immediately; there is a good chance this will be covered until goodwill warranty, if the standard warranty has expired..

Also, check with them if you can buy 2+2/2+3 Extended Warranty now. This is a good reminder why maximum possible EW is always a good idea.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 10:45   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
You bought your car in Oct '19, isnt' it? You still have a few days until the standard two years warranty expires. Involve Ford immediately; there is a good chance this will be covered until goodwill warranty, if the standard warranty has expired..

Also, check with them if you can buy 2+2/2+3 Extended Warranty now. This is a good reminder why maximum possible EW is always a good idea.
Sorry there was a little mistake, The car was purchased by the 1st owner by last oct and the manufactured date is 05 -Sep, I wrote oct by mistake.
Old 25th September 2021, 15:43   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry there was a little mistake, The car was purchased by the 1st owner by last oct and the manufactured date is 05 -Sep, I wrote oct by mistake.
Warranty starts from date of invoicing and not manufacturing.
akshay380 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 16:35   #217
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Warranty starts from date of invoicing and not manufacturing.
+1

And since you're right on the threshold, involve Ford rightaway. And buy as much Extended Warranty as possible. Talk with Ford directly if the dealer isn't co-operative. Manufacturers tend to be generous unless there is clear abuse / misuse.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 10:31   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys, my 2020 Pre worshipped Ford Ecosport S, has been having some issues lately, the 4.2 inch MID in the meter console is going on and off randomly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
. Involve Ford immediately; there is a good chance this will be covered until goodwill warranty if the standard warranty has expired...
There have been some updates in the situation, like libranof1987 suggested, I got Ford involved in this issue, and there was some back and forth communication between the customer relations executive and service manager at our ASS. After a lot of haggling over the phone, they agreed to give me a 50% discount on the part price, which will bring the cost of replacement to about 13.5k + labor charges.

Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-frdf.jpg

From my side, since the issue was highlighted within a month of expiration of the warranty, and since the covid 19 pandemic drastically affected the usage of the vehicle thereby not giving the full benefit of the standard 2 years of warranty, I had insisted them to cover the part fully under warranty.

I am planning to buy the extended warranty, but it will only come into effect after one month, as quoted by the SA. What do you guys think, Should I take their offer or press on with my demand to get it fully covered under warranty?
Old 30th September 2021, 21:16   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Now, since Ford is finding Rat Ninjas to fetch as much money as they can from their customers, I cannot pull myself to believe them. I couldn't find a replacement part online as well, so dear BHPians please advise.
As others pointed out, the clock on warranty starts from the vehicle invoice/sale date and not the manufacturing date. Be cautious about the ODO reading as there is a good chance that it will reset to 0 with the cluster replacement.

If it comes to worst, someone with decent soldering skills might be able to fix this for you. I have personally fixed a FoMoCo instrument cluster in the past where some SMD components got de-soldered from the PCB board (common issue with ageing fords in the US. Good luck!
rachitagarwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 11:58   #220
BHPian

Hello everyone. I am facing an issue with the front passenger door request sensor. The sensor do not recognize any inputs and hence is rendered unusable.
Fact is the passenger door sensor barely gets used as 99% of the time the car gets unlocked from the driver's side. I can't even remember when I used it last.
So I suspect it has gone kaput due to non-usage.
Anyone else facing this issue? Any input will be highly appreciated.
Thank you
Old 15th December 2021, 14:13   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... What do you guys think, Should I take their offer or press on with my demand to get it fully covered under warranty?
I think you should take the offer on the table. The fact is that warranty has expired, so take the 50% goodwill and get it replaced.

Ford does not have to build any loyalty now that they are out, so it's good to see this gesture from their end.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 17:33   #222
BHPian

Ford Ecosport 1.0 S (Pre Owned) Yes/No?

Hi everyone,

Mods merge this with an existing similar thread.

I'm stuck with this bug in my head for the last couple of days.

Present cars- All of them bought new
2010 Nissan Micra Diesel 85K kms
2015 Skoda Octavia AT Diesel 33k kms
2017 VW Polo GT tsi 32k kms

Micra is the beater at home and mainly used by my wife. The car is in decent condition and runs pretty well except that the clutch has become very hard (still running on the factory clutch). We had no plans to change the car at the moment.

Got info that an acquaintance is selling an Ecosport details below
Model- Ecosport1.0L
Variant- Titanium S with sunroof (it this its the top end, correct me if im wrong)
Date of Purchase- August 2019
Driven- 13000kms
First owner

Things that are running in my head right now-
1. This Ecosport or a new electric car in 1-2 years?
2. Should i pick up an MT? Sometimes it will be more fun than DSG's

I like the Ecosport for its small footprint better than Venue or Sonet, even though its an older model.
This particular variant has decent amount of goodies so i won't miss much compared to the koreans.

We have 2 ford figos in the immediate family. A petrol AT and diesel which has run around 40k and 90k. The experience so far has been really good and i hope it will be the same going forward.

Looking forward to make a decision with help from BHPians.

Cheers,
Prajnya.
Old 3rd February 2022, 11:49   #223
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Ecosport 1.0 S (Pre Owned) Yes/No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajnya View Post
Got info that an acquaintance is selling an Ecosport details below
Model- Ecosport1.0L
Variant- Titanium S with sunroof (it this its the top end, correct me if im wrong)
Date of Purchase- August 2019
Driven- 13000kms
First owner

Since it's a known car I'm assuming the mileage is genuine which makes it almost as good as new ! The Ecosport is a great car and this is the Ecoboost variant with the 6 speed manual which should be good fun to drive.

The Ecoboost will be good companion to the Polo GT in your garage. The only thing to be aware of is that the Ecoboost engine was completely imported, so please take the maximum warranty available (Ford has introduced anytime warranty now upto 6 years) and be prepared for slightly expensive parts in case something does need replacement out of warranty.
Old 3rd February 2022, 16:58   #224
BHPian

Re: Ford Ecosport 1.0 S (Pre Owned) Yes/No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Since it's a known car I'm assuming the mileage is genuine which makes it almost as good as new ! The Ecosport is a great car and this is the Ecoboost variant with the 6 speed manual which should be good fun to drive.

The Ecoboost will be good companion to the Polo GT in your garage. The only thing to be aware of is that the Ecoboost engine was completely imported, so please take the maximum warranty available (Ford has introduced anytime warranty now upto 6 years) and be prepared for slightly expensive parts in case something does need replacement out of warranty.
Im also thinking of retaining the Micra with some new set of suspension, clutch.
Repainting the damaged panels to make it look better.
use it for some more time and then maybe go for a new car purchase.
Old 7th February 2022, 16:51   #225
BHPian

Got home the pre owned 2019 Ecosport 1.0 S

Odo reading was 12700 when i picked up the car.
The car is fun to drive, turbo lag is manageable in normal conditions.
Smooth gear shifts and steering has good feedback.
Ride is so much more comfortable on horrible Bangalore roads when compared Polo running on 16" rims.

Long list of features and goodies. (Some of which are not present / better than the one in our Octavia).

Sharing a couple of pictures

Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-photo20220206224652.jpg

Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-photo20220205132625.jpg

Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-photo20220205132625-2.jpg

Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-photo20220206224659.jpg

Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-photo20220206224710.jpg
prajnya is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks