Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2022, 16:49   #226
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajnya View Post
Got home the pre owned 2019 Ecosport 1.0 S

Odo reading was 12700 when i picked up the car.
The car is fun to drive, turbo lag is manageable in normal conditions.
Smooth gear shifts and steering has good feedback.
Ride is so much more comfortable on horrible Bangalore roads when compared Polo running on 16" rims.
Congratulations on the S. How are you finding the clutch pedal? Is is hard or soft?
Old 24th February 2022, 11:44   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Great choice, I see one exact similar model and color, on my morning walks. The S model still looks stunning, the alloy wheels are sweet. The re-launched turbo-petrol model has less turbo lag and a 6-speed transmission and is probably very good on the highway.

Hope you got a good deal as used Ford prices should have dropped 10-15% after the recent news of the company's exit.
Old 24th February 2022, 16:13   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakritij View Post
Congratulations on the S. How are you finding the clutch pedal? Is is hard or soft?
Soft compared to my earlier Micra Diesel.
Very hard compared to my restored army gypsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Great choice, I see one exact similar model and color, on my morning walks. The S model still looks stunning, the alloy wheels are sweet. The re-launched turbo-petrol model has less turbo lag and a 6-speed transmission and is probably very good on the highway.

Hope you got a good deal as used Ford prices should have dropped 10-15% after the recent news of the company's exit.
Thankyou.
I agree, it look great.
The first 2 gears are very short, i feel that helps to greatly reduce turbo lag. There is very little turbo lag, it can be managed easily.
Used car prices are at an all time high because of start ups burning investor money and offering very high prices for sellers.
There is no option other than matching what these start ups quote.
prajnya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 16:01   #229
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Need expert advice from fellow bhpians.
I recently bought a pre owned Ford Freestyle petrol.But somehow i’m not satisfied with the performance especially the poor torque at lower RPMs.Guess i’m spoiled by the torque of my ecosport diesel which is my regular ride since 2014.
So Im contemplating of buying a preowned ecosport ecoboost which i came across in the CARS24 site, a 2019 model for 10lakhs.
Kindly guide me regarding,
1. How different the drive will be compared to freestyle?
2. How will be the long term maintenance of the this ecoboost engine, since its an imported one?
3. How reasonable the price of 10lacs for a 2019,15k driven model?
Thanks in advance.
Old 29th June 2022, 10:37   #230
BHPian

I own a 2017 Ecoboost which I am planning to sell shortly as I want an automatic. To answer your queries:
1. Being a turbo petrol, the drive will be quite different. There will be initial turbo lag but once the initial lag is done with, it is a different beast.
2. I don't see any long term engine maintenance issues so long as regular maintenance and servicing is done.
3. 10L appears to be on the higher side but would be dependent on condition.
The Ecosport is a good long termer and one thing good is that there is decent service and parts availability at least in Mumbai.
Floyd de Souza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 14:32   #231
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyed View Post
After a lot of contemplation and consideration, brought home an Ecoboost Titanium S.
Thanks to all those who have helped me with their valuable inputs.

Blueeyed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justchells View Post
Recent drive from Bangalore to Salem, got 23+ kmpl on the odometer of my Ecoboost petrol engine, started with a full tank on Shell normal petrol. I've observed the best way to get mileage is driving at 80 kmph on 6th gear in cruise control.

Attachment 1939156
Hi,
Hope the ecoboost is still in your garage.If so kindly share the information on
1. Whats the tyre pressure you keep?
2. Have you replaced the tires with new ones; if so the brand used?
Thanks in advance.
Old 19th December 2022, 14:03   #232
BHPian

Of late, I have observed that the blow off valve sound while taking the foot off the accelerator is missing. I rarely hear the addictive sound. Is something wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunedwin View Post
Hi,
Hope the ecoboost is still in your garage.If so kindly share the information on
1. Whats the tyre pressure you keep?
2. Have you replaced the tires with new ones; if so the brand used?
Thanks in advance.
1. Keep the recommended tyre pressure is what I would suggest.
2. I have changed 4 tyres when one got a side wall cut at parking speeds, to Apollo Alnac 4G at ~35xxx kms keeping the size same. The car has run 69k kms in total now and tyres have around 50% thread left.
Prakritij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 18:57   #233
Senior - BHPian

Facing a peculiar issue with the driver side request sensor in my 2018 S TDCI.

Even if the key is relatively far away, the car can be locked and unlocked by the request sensor. The same is not applicable to passenger side request sensor though, it works as intended. Not sure if rains got anything to do with this. Been observing this only post June this year.

Any inputs on this would be appreciated.
Old 30th September 2023, 21:23   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Facing a peculiar issue with the driver side request sensor in my 2018 S TDCI.
Update - This was not an issue ! Turns out the range of key is a bit longer than I expected! I slightly changed the position of the spare key in my house and now there is no issue
Old 11th January 2024, 21:00   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford recalls 1.0L EcoBoost engine in focus, EcoSport for oil pressure issues.

US regulators are also investigating Ford’s 2.7- and 3.0-liter EcoBoost engines.

Quote:
Not even Ford's nifty 1.0-liter EcoBoost engine could escape the regulatory eye of the US government. Ford has issued a recall for certain 2018-2022 EcoSport and 2016-2018 Focus models equipped with the three-cylinder engine and 6F15 automatic transmission. They could suffer from a loss of engine oil pressure due to a defect with the oil pump drive belt tensioner arm.

According to the recall notice, the belt tensioner arm may fracture because the retention caulk joint isn’t robust enough to withstand engine vibrations. If this happens, the tensioner could separate from the backing plate and cause the belt to degrade by losing teeth.
Quote:
If this happens, the engine might experience a loss of oil pressure, which could damage and seize the engine. Drivers might experience a loss of engine and braking power, which could lead to an accident. Ford is aware of one crash allegedly related to this issue that injured two but is unaware of any fatalitie
The recall affects 139,790 EcoSport and Focus models, two vehicles the automaker no longer offers in the US. Last year saw Ford retain the unwanted title of being the most recalled automaker, with 54 affecting 5.6 million vehicles.

Link:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks