Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2019, 12:38   #166
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanth View Post
I must say, I’m not very fond of the new 16” alloys, but at least it puts my mind at peace(after reading about the notorious low profile tire issues). Otherwise, the S trim remains unchanged except for the price drop. I haven’t found anything that’s missing from the 2018 ES S. I feel that this has more VFM now!
Congrats mate. 16 inchers look no lesser and the ride with the 16s must have become plusher.

Are these alloys completely in gun metal colour or do they have a silvery finish on the inner flowery spoke?

I am awaiting the new stock in my city to book a White ES S D.

Last edited by hydraulicsteer : 27th June 2019 at 12:48.
Old 27th June 2019, 13:54   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
Congrats mate. 16 inchers look no lesser and the ride with the 16s must have become plusher.
Thank you! And yes, the ride is definitely better than the TD vehicle that had 17 inchers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
Are these alloys completely in gun metal colour or do they have a silvery finish on the inner flowery spoke?
I think the hexagonal profile alone has been machined to bring out the inner ‘silvery’ colour after which it has been buffed to bring out a polished and smoother surface throughout. Now that you’re asking me, I’m curious and I want to have a closer look for reconfirmation.

Hope you get yours soon! Cheers.
pavanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 17:40   #168

2nd Service Report - 10000 kms

Completed the second free service on my Ford EcoSport S (1.0L). Took it to the nearest service center at Kudlu Gate, Bangalore. Met a service advisor, Mr. Pasha. He came up with an estimate that included the following

1. Engine Oil
2. Oil Filter
3. Gasket Drain Plug
4. Wash Fluid Pouch
5. Wheel Balancing & Alignment

I knocked off the last item because I got it done outside a few weeks earlier. He told me that doing it outside might void the warranty on my tires. I told him that I didn't believe in such nonsense and he quickly steered away from the topic. Item 4 (wash fluid) was the other one that looked unnecessary, but seeing that the cost was just Rs. 50, I decided to keep it.

The final estimate came to Rs. 2500 and change. As I was waiting in the customer lounge, I remembered that Ford's website had this service promise that calculates exactly how much you would have to pay for each service. After getting the Wifi password & keying in my inputs, this is what I got

Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-screen-shot-20190707-5.23.41-pm.png

The total estimate including taxes came to Rs. 1441. Given there was a big difference of over Rs. 1000, I called back the service advisor (Pasha) and asked him to explain. He tried dodging stating that it didn't include taxes, even though the website clearly indicated otherwise. After a while, I told him that I would take it up with Ford customer care, and he simply asked me to go ahead. At this point, I knew I was dealing with an amateur.

As I was about to leave, I decided to take one last shot, and asked for the branch manager. Mr. Tharesh told me that he would look into it. After a few hours, Tharesh calls me to assure that he would revise the estimate to match the online version. Not bad, saved over Rs. 1000. I'm wondering how many others would not have taken the trouble to check the online quotation first. It also lists the exact repairs that need to be carried out at each service. I'm glad that Tharesh was reasonable & I hope the other service advisors at the center will learn from his example.

Car is working fine except for one niggle. I hear a rattling sound in the front of the cabin when the road has even the slightest unevenness (which is almost anywhere in Bangalore). This is a bit annoying when I'm not playing any music. I'm not sure if its because I rotated my tires after wheel balancing & alignment. I did report this during 2nd service, and they claimed to have replaced the rear suspension under warranty, although the service bill has no mention of it. Pondering whether I should take the vehicle back to the service center for further investigation.
justchells is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 22:42   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justchells View Post
The total estimate including taxes came to Rs. 1441.

I'm wondering how many others would not have taken the trouble to check the online quotation first. It also lists the exact repairs that need to be carried out at each service.
+1. My 2nd service cost me ₹1426 with all the points you've mentioned without the wheel balancing/alignment. Ford's service promise is a really good place to check the service cost and it's even advertised in the service stations.
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 17:53   #170
BHPian

Quote:
On a side note, installed these CF inserts a couple of months back
Attachment 1870686

And CF scuff stickers
Attachment 1870687

The inserts and CF scuff stickers look great! Where did you get these from?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 26th August 2019 at 16:13. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 26th August 2019, 16:11   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
...The inserts and CF scuff stickers look great! Where did you get these from?
I got those from Aliexpress.
Links:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3289...27424c4dpdKorw

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3285...27424c4dpdKorw

Last edited by khan_sultan : 26th August 2019 at 16:17. Reason: fixed quotes
Prakritij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 12:52   #172

such a resourceful thread! I'm eagerly awaiting my Canyon Ridge Ecoboost to welcome her in my stable; hopefully before this month ends. I shall provide my 2 cents once I partner her for real.

A news is floating around that EcoSport Ecoboost probably would not see the light of BS VI norms by April 2020 as upgrading a fully imported award winning engine and competition with its own siblings (1.5 Dragon Petrol and TDCi Diesel) apart from brothers from other mothers (read Tata Nexon, Hyindai Venue, Mahindra XUV 300) would be a challenge. While it reportedly can get influenced from the existing engine of 1.2 Litre Mahindra XUV 300; it will lose the flavour of Ford to a quite extent, at least to me. I'm sure I'm doing it right by selecting the last batch of outgoing Ecoboost. Also, considering it's a petrol engine by heart; should not face much difficulty coping with BS VI norms and fuel.

Happy motoring!!
Toruk Makto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 20:52   #173
BHPian

A couple of weeks back, while I was going somewhere, I hit a bad pothole on Bangalore roads and my front left tyre went Kaboom!
Immediately got the notification on MID because of the TPMS and took it the left side of the road. Changed to the Stepney and drove after that.

Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-img_20190824_093327.jpg
Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-img_20190824_093335.jpg

It was a cut on the side-walls. And luckily, there was no damage to the alloys.

Took it to PPS Ford, Yelahanka later that day and they took the tyre for inspection. Before this incident, I had already done about 6200 odd kms. So they agreed for a replacement, with them giving around 60% off. I paid about 3100 my pocket.
BikerSuz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 00:28   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSuz View Post
It was a cut on the side-walls. And luckily, there was no damage to the alloys. .
There have been lots of similar cases for the 17 inch tires, Tyre bursts / bulges due to high speed impact.
I suppose that was the reason they switched to 16 inch tires for all the models in 2019.
IF you go through the posts here (Ford EcoSport Facelift: Tyre bulging issue (R17 size)) you might find a better solution
Old 24th September 2019, 11:07   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narmad View Post
There have been lots of similar cases for the 17 inch tires, Tyre bursts / bulges due to high speed impact.
I suppose that was the reason they switched to 16 inch tires for all the models in 2019.
IF you go through the posts here (Ford EcoSport Facelift: Tyre bulging issue (R17 size)) you might find a better solution
Yes. I'm aware of these. Most of the issues were reported on the earlier batch of Bridgestone Ecopia tyres. Mine is from the newer batch and these were said to be better than those. And I personally have taken it to many bad terrains in the last few months and it faired quite well.
The hit that I had was pretty bad as well. The same pothole that took my tyre managed to break the alloys of a Polo GT a few weeks back as well.

Yeah, the 16" would make things definitely better. But in this case, I'm not completely blaming the tyres. The moment I hit the pothole, I knew something bad had happened. I'm just relieved that my alloys are intact are the incident.
Old 24th September 2019, 15:32   #176
Senior - BHPian

Some people on facebook have got their tyres changed to Michelin Pilot Sport 4 in warranty , try and check if you can do that
bottle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 11:32   #177
BHPian

FYI,

This looks like a part for EcoSport EcoBoost 1.0L engine, definitely something fishy here.
would you believe that a pipe would cost Rs. 7566/- less than a meter in length? the image he has attached is old definitely from 2016. but the price difference is huge, either Ford is cheating India or its customers or both.

https://twitter.com/aasimenator/stat...77508042608640

Update:
CN116K863FB - This is an Intercooler Pipe Assy
https://oriparts.com/42/344/2746/753115#item_14319504 - Look for the following part "6K863" this costs Rs. 10899.00/- again too much for what it is. yet the import data site shows the cost of each unit is Rs. 2172/- which looks to be a genuine cost of product.

P.S. if its the wrong place please move it to the correct one. Thanks

Last edited by dreamz_mak : 7th October 2019 at 11:50.
Old 7th November 2019, 21:16   #178

My Red beast finally came home after a wait of 2 months. Ford has dedicated most of the lines to White and Canyon Ridge colors and because of that other colors are in short supply.

When I booked the Ecosport, there was one Qn thrown at me by all my friends/colleagues: Why Ecosport in the age of Venues and Kias?

An year back when we decided to change our car (Hyundai Getz 1.3), there was only one car in consideration, the Ecosport 1.5L Diesel. Come July 2019, diesel engine was stricken-off from the consideration list. Instead a new box was ticked, an auto-box. Took a TD of Ecosport AT and I was not impressed with the TCU. A high price tag and low FE were also deal-breakers for me. That was when the Venue was launched. A Hyundai was not in my consideration because of my experience with Getz, however the power figures of 1L turbo DCT was not something to be ignored. Took a TD and was quite impressed by the DCT and overall built quality, handling, riding comfort etc. My wife too liked the Venue and we went ahead with the booking. BUT there were few things which always bugged us, we are going to pay 14L for a car with only 2 airbags and missing a lot of features like rear wiper/washer. Color options were also not very impressive. That dissonance started growing day-by-day. That was when Ford dropped the prices by almost 60K on top variants. Also got to know that Ford has got a new Ecoboost version with 16" alloys . Went to JSP Ford for a TD of the 1L Turbo and That Was IT.

Slowdown in auto sector and Diwali meant good discounts. A 40K discount + 15K accessories made the deal sweeter. Apart the initial hiccup with delivery time commitment, my experience with JSP Ford has been good so far.

The beast is 3 weeks and 1.2k Kms old now. Enjoying every moment with it. Till 1000 kms, I kept the revs below 2.5k rpm most of the time. Guess I will hold my horses till 1st service is done.

I never felt the ride harsh like many reviews said. Turbo lag in 2nd gear is sometimes annoying specially on Bangalore roads with so many speed breakers and back breakers. Yes, the A-pillar hinders visibility which is slightly compensated by the higher seat position. Front seat head-rest is too tall for a 5'6 driver like me, my head rests on the neck pillow. Apart from these minor niggles, Ecosport S version is current best in this segment IMO.
Old 8th November 2019, 16:03   #179
BHPian

@candidvagabond, Congrats on your new purchase. I was looking for purchasing Titanium Plus , but seem like its lacking some interesting features like SYNC3 system and hence inclined to look into Ecoboost variant too.

My running is not that much, and mostly to be drive in City limits in Bangalore and occasional highway rides. Now , few questions :-)

1. Do you think Ecoboost still suits my driving requirements?

2. Is there any lack in power in hilly terrain during ascend?

3. What is the realistic mileage that I can expect in city and highways?

4. What would be the average maintenance cost that I can expect

5. Any guarantee on the spares availability especially considering this is an imported engine (manufactured in Germany ??)
Old 8th November 2019, 17:53   #180

Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-20191026_17240201.jpeg

Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-20191101_11075201.jpeg

Ford EcoSport S (1.0L EcoBoost) : Official Review-20191101_11082901.jpeg
candidvagabond is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks