Team-BHP - Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/204968-tata-tiago-jtp-official-review-27.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaheenazk (Post 4731370)
Congratulations!clap: Please do keep us posted regarding the ownership of your JTP, especially how it feels like to drive.

Thank you. Yes. I definitely will. Planning to do a few videos on it once the break in period is done as there are not many user reviews of the car on YouTube.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushiknadig (Post 4731209)
Welcomed home the might Tigor JTP. My god it is fun to drive. Just loved the attention to detail from TATA and the brilliant engine as well.

Congrats. clap:

Please do share the on-road price. Also was there any discount available for the Tigor JTP?

With the launch of the face-lifted Tiago/Tigor have there been any hints about the JTP cars?

Also, can we expect any sort of discount on these cars (due to BS6 deadline) or they are built in very limited quantity and they don't have any inventory issues?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinshark (Post 4736641)
With the launch of the face-lifted Tiago/Tigor have there been any hints about the JTP cars?

Also, can we expect any sort of discount on these cars (due to BS6 deadline) or they are built in very limited quantity and they don't have any inventory issues?

They are built to order and don't have any discounts as such as far as I know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4736539)
Congrats. clap:

Please do share the on-road price. Also was there any discount available for the Tigor JTP?

I was planning to get the car in red. But they said that red was not available and only one white car was available. So they gave me a discount of 15k because of the color change. Or else there was absolutely no discount on the JTP models even though the normal models had discounts of up to 70k.

So the on road price of the car came to 9.2 in Bangalore including car cover, b2b insurance and Fastag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinshark (Post 4736641)

What I heard from Gaurav, the marketing head for JTP, we can expect the new cars only by July/August.

They are built to order with about 4 to 5 vehicles in stock at max. So I think the production of the BS4 vehicles have been stopped and no new vehicles are being produced.

My car is an August make.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Came to know this on a website which states "The enthusiast-focused JTP line from Tata Motors may not get BS6 update. Reports of its discontinuation have surfaced online."

I hope its a rumor.

https://www.rushlane.com/tata-tiago-...-12350790.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaheenazk (Post 4741841)

I hope its a rumor.

Unfortunately, does not seem to be a rumor. Check the existing thread on the forum (Indian Car Scene section) which talks about winding up of the JTP arm. Sad news for enthusiasts. No other cars being produced at this time by JTP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaheenazk (Post 4741841)
Came to know this on a website which states "The enthusiast-focused JTP line from Tata Motors may not get BS6 update. Reports of its discontinuation have surfaced online."
I hope its a rumor.
https://www.rushlane.com/tata-tiago-...-12350790.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by arindambasu13 (Post 4741913)
Unfortunately, does not seem to be a rumor. Check the existing thread on the forum (Indian Car Scene section) which talks about winding up of the JTP arm. Sad news for enthusiasts. No other cars being produced at this time by JTP.

A source tells me we can expect BS6 versions before Diwali. I guess some fine-tuning is in progress with the updated Nexon engine. Let's hope this is true.

There was no mention of JTP at the Autoexpo, not even a remote one. I will be pleasantly surprised if they start selling it again.

What I find really disappointing is the really shabby way in which the JTP venture was wrapped up. Even their official website is still online & works properly as if they are still in business and willing to make a sale. Till a couple of years ago - TML's car websites used to be literally useless - even for Tata's highest selling cars. At least close things properly.

JTP Official website

Tata Motors to discontinue JTP performance cars. JV is now dissolved.

Quote:

In a regulatory filing to BSE, the company stated that the decision comes in the light of the ongoing pandemic scenario as the demand in this niche category of vehicles has reduced significantly and both Tata Motors and JT Special Vehicles Pvt Ltd (JTSV) found it prudent to discontinue this venture.

However, Tata Motors will continue to provide all requisite support and service to customers and users of Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP cars at its select dealerships, ensuring hassle-free ownership.

As per the filing, Tata Motors signed an agreement to purchase the 50 percent shareholding of Jayem Automotives in JTSV.

Link

It would be nice if Tata or Jayem can create an official JTP owner's club. Not only would it keep the community together after the brand's recent shutdown, it would also reassure the owners that the company would look after their cars.

It could even pave the way for a comeback(even if rebranded), since real enthusiasts are the best PR they could have.

Just my 2 cents.

Recently I found a used Tiago JTP for sale and almost jumped at the opportunity. It was a media vehicle and being offered at a tantalizing price. I had regretted not purchasing the vehicle when it was on sale and my FOMO kicked into overdrive.

This would be my first car ever and I was an absolute newbie to the whole process. So sharing some of my learnings of first-time used car buying process in case someone finds it helpful.

Upon finding the listing, I immediately contacted the seller and asked about the details of the car — condition, km run, insurance, and price. Here I did a mistake. I proposed a price at this point. In hindsight, I should have done the price talks after completely finding out everything I wanted to about it and seeing it in person.

Seeing the car in person was also going to be a challenge since it was in a different city+state and the covid-19 situation made things more challenging. I somehow managed to arrange for a mechanic to see the car and he gave it a thumbs up but mentioned that he saw some signs of a touch up. I should have had him point it out to the dealer as well and see his response. On this day, the dealer was supposed to have the entire car history (including service records) ready so that we could take a final call and make the payments but he didn't.

The dealer's behaviour as well as the fact that there was no no-claim bonus discount in the insurance made me a bit suspicious. So I decided to call up the insurance and see if I could get any details. Best decision ever. I found out that the insurance folks were happy to provide me the claims history and while the current policy was clean, there was a pretty major claim amount in the previous policy number mentioned. It didn't mention what the repairs were but it cost ~30k.

Next, I called up the garage where the claim was made from. At this point I was hoping that it was body panel replacements / repainting and not engine or serious structural stuff. The garage got back to me after 3 days and thankfully it was only repainting and bumper replacements. Armed with this info, I called up the dealer again ready to negotiate a much lower amount but found out to my disappointment that the car was already sold (to someone who wasn't so investigative about it).

Now I write this post, disappointed that I couldn't get my dream car at a dream price, and brood over stuff I could've done better. I definitely don't regret the thoroughness of my due diligence but I could've managed some things better.

Tldr of my learnings…Hope people found something useful from this. Here's to hoping there's another JTP on the market soon :D

Tata Tigor JTP 115PS Special edition 2019 http://www.olx.in/item/tata-tigor-jt...iid-1574137656
This is a Tata owned test ride vehicle, situated in Pune.

Dilegence you followed amidst all the excitement is exceptional.clap:
I don't think revealing the price point made any difference to the dealer. He was always going to sell if someone offers an instant and better deal.
Anyway, for cars with less availability in pre-owned scene, this is bound to happen.
You get sometimes, most of times you lose.
But with these preventive actions, you are insuring yourself from most mishaps.
Good luck with your search.:)