Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2022, 20:36   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro_doc View Post
Got myself a pre-worshiped tigor JTP. Got one thing done from my bucket list
Nice! Congratulations on the acquisition. Wishing you lots of enjoyable drives. I kept on looking for good pre-owned units in the market with limited running for quite some time (Tiago/Tigor). But then - since so few were sold to begin with - very few ever came across in my nick of the woods (none). Still stop and keep looking at one when I see one on the streets. Appreciating the decision making of the person at the wheel.

How much used is this specimen you picked up? Sourced from some dealer/online car reseller? Or via known people?

Last edited by Reinhard : 9th November 2022 at 20:42.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 21:19   #437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Nice! Congratulations on the acquisition. Wishing you lots of enjoyable drives. I kept on looking for good pre-owned units in the market with limited running for quite some time (Tiago/Tigor). But then - since so few were sold to begin with - very few ever came across in my nick of the woods (none). Still stop and keep looking at one when I see one on the streets. Appreciating the decision making of the person at the wheel.

How much used is this specimen you picked up? Sourced from some dealer/online car reseller? Or via known people?
Thanks a lot. It was found in Facebook marketplace of all the places. 2019 reg with 42k on the odo. The 1st owner was shifting to New Zealand and he was sales executive at Tata Ernakulam. It was really cared for.
Micro_doc is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 15:13   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro_doc View Post
Got myself a pre-worshiped tigor JTP. Got one thing done from my bucket list
Welcome to the most exclusive club wish you many happy kilometres and enjoyable ride, you will love it in twisties
2himanshu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 11:23   #439

Hi all,
The stock tyres in my JTP have given up after a little under 40k kms. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on the next set of tyres I should consider.
A bit of a background, this is the first time I am getting my tyres changed (for my first car) and the number of options on the market is overwhelming. Though, I am not sure which is the right fit (if not the best fit) for my needs,
1. I am looking for a similar handling and comfort experience the stock tyres gave me minus the road noise.
2. Cost is not a huge factor, however wouldn't prefer tyres that are over 8k apiece.
Again, all suggestions are welcome
And, it will be great, if you could share your personal experience from a recent tyre change of your JTP maybe. Thanks again!
Old 19th December 2022, 15:14   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_chelly View Post
Hi all,
The stock tyres in my JTP have given up after a little under 40k kms. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on the next set of tyres I should consider.
First of all congratulations to you on owning a JTP as your first car. Many enthusiasts including myself would be jealous coming to the tyres, you can go for Continental ComfortContact 6 or Vredestien Ultrac both would be an upgrade compared to whatever the car was equipped with from the factory
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 16:28   #441
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_chelly View Post
Hi all,
The stock tyres in my JTP have given up after a little under 40k kms. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on the next set of tyres I should
MRF Perfinza tyres are lovely. They are soft and pliant on the straights and grippy on the corners. And absolutely silent. Ive put them on my Dads Glanza. And he us very happy with them. A worthy tyre in my book, to replace my Michelins when the time comes, for my Cooper.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 14:12   #442
BHPian

I'm looking for the JTP R15 alloys, just love the design. Tried looking it up on Boodmo and found this.

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-allo..._rim-48192193/

Can anybody confirm that this is the right one. If not do you know the correct part number?
Old 12th January 2023, 21:00   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post
I'm looking for the JTP R15 alloys, just love the design. Tried looking it up on Boodmo and found this.

Can anybody confirm that this is the right one. If not do you know the correct part number?
I have the JTP (Bangalore) and don't think it's available right now anywhere in India. The new Tiago EV has as a blacked out version of the same design.
kesh4munni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 21:57   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesh4munni View Post
I have the JTP (Bangalore) and don't think it's available right now anywhere in India. The new Tiago EV has as a blacked out version of the same design.
The Tiago EV gets some drab-looking alloy wheels in a smaller size. It can in no way compare to the alloys that the JTP came with.

Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-tiago-ev-alloys.jpg
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 14:21   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The Tiago EV gets some drab-looking alloy wheels in a smaller size. It can in no way compare to the alloys that the JTP came with.
Correction - This is the new Tiago EV blitz with the body kit and blacked out JTP alloy design (without the diamond cut).
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-blitzmobile.jpg  

Old 14th January 2023, 11:39   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post

I think it's going to be incredibly tough for you to source the JTP wheels considering only 250-odd cars were sold. You could maybe check out the Uno Minda range? They are OEM alloy wheel manufacturers and have a few similar designs.
Old 3rd September 2023, 19:24   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik99 View Post
This is my first thread on the forum here and it is about my first car. Hope you enjoy reading this...
Been a while since the last update. A lot has been happening, thought it would be wise to document some of it here.

Its not too difficult to keep a car in its pristine condition in some cities, all it takes is a bit of care every now and then...
Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-wash.jpg

Stopped by just to click this pic one day...
Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-history.jpg
...two different cars, both met the same fate in our markets. Legends Perhaps. They're not without their flaws, much like some of the Bard's most liked heroes.

Some greenery...
Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-greenery.jpg

some more greenery
Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-greenery2.jpg

JTP by the beach...
Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-beach.jpg

...and here we are now
Tata Tiago JTP : Official Review-20000.jpg

...away from the sun, the sand and sea...in the dust and grime of the big city the JTP lives on...sure, its not as pretty as before, having picked up a few scars in the course of the daily drive...but it still is a ton of fun.

The car is stock, still on OEM tyres, perhaps it'll need a new set of tyres in an year. Service has been done at Tata Authorised Service Centres, they've managed to keep it going (fingers crossed).

For those looking to lay their hands on these, quite a few of the initial owners have started moving on in their automotive journeys. Look around, there could be some available in your cities.

That's all for now folks, Drive safe!

Last edited by vik99 : 3rd September 2023 at 19:30.
vik99 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 20:19   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik99 View Post
For those looking to lay their hands on these, quite a few of the initial owners have started moving on in their automotive journeys. Look around, there could be some available in your cities.

That's all for now folks, Drive safe!
Now for those looking for a zippy Tiago, there is Tiago EV. Most probably better than the JTP in terms of the pick up and acceleration. However, there is always that satisfaction and pride to own something as unique as the JTP. Yours look good and hope it remains like that for another ten thousands of KMs.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2023, 19:07   #449
BHPian

Congrats on the Tiago JTP ownership! I had chance to test drive it and it was an awesome experience - relative to the normal Tiago.
Old 28th September 2023, 21:18   #450
BHPian

A car that was killed too soon. I loved driving my mate's and wanted to own one myself. Unfortunately it never made it to the bs6 facelift design and I ended up buying the simple 1.2 AMT.
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks