Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2021, 15:12   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Driven: Toyota Camry Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmbhatia1108 View Post
Good Morning Team! Does anyone know when the new facelift version of Camry getting launched in India. Every site says 3rd quarter but no specific news yet
As per a Senior Sales rep working for one of the Pune dealers, the new Camry Hybrid should come to India only after the festive season viz, Nov-Dec'21 timeframe.

BTW, all the dealers show "out of stock" for the Camry, if one were to book the current version presently:

Driven: Toyota Camry Hybrid-capture.png
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 16:08   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
As per a Senior Sales rep working for one of the Pune dealers, the new Camry Hybrid should come to India only after the festive season viz, Nov-Dec'21 timeframe.

BTW, all the dealers show "out of stock" for the Camry, if one were to book the current version presently:

Attachment 2200531
Thank you, yes I am told that the booking now will yield a vehicle only in January 2022 but at Shaw Toyota they are not sure if it is the upgraded one or the old one. Was also informed that a black one can be made available in October. However categorically no discounts on old model so the confusion.
rmbhatia1108 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 19:29   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, yes I am told that the booking now will yield a vehicle only in January 2022 but at Shaw Toyota they are not sure if it is the upgraded one or the old one.
The best and the easiest way to confirm the upgrade, would be to ask them to send pictures of the front designer bumper + the interiors. These 2 areas get the most noticeable "upgrade" as compared to the current generation.
However, highly unlikely that any dealer can get to sell an upgrade without Toyota putting up on their site.
On a related note, really surprised to know the dealer cannot confirm the upgrade of the prized model And Shaw Toyota call themselves a premium partner!

Quote:
However categorically no discounts on old model so the confusion.
I haven't come across any customer with a discounted new Camry, atleast in Pune. Be it the car's appeal or Toyota's business model, or maybe both!
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 16:43   #139

I have a rumor that the current model is getting discontinued soon. Please take it with a pinch of salt, as it is unverified.

Summary: The current model of the Camry is not going to be assembled any longer at TKM. There are unverified rumors that the 2021 facelift from overseas may be launched here in India in 2022.

Story: We were in the process of purchasing a Camry this month. We were in touch with two dealers in Pune and one in Mumbai. Initially wanted a pearl white model, but then settled on a Burning Black due to lack of availability. We were about to finalize and make the payment, with an estimate of delivery on 10th October. At the last moment, we were told that TKM has deallocated the car, and allotted to another dealer somewhere. The vehicle apparently was the last remaining piece, and the delivery schedules for the rest of this year are empty. I cross checked with the two other dealers, and the case is the same.

The dealers said that there are rumors of a new model launching in the first quarter of 2022, with no concrete estimate. It is going to have minor updates, but expect it to take several months after launch to hit the roads.
apocalypse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 10:13   #140
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Was visiting my home town in Coorg after almost 2 years. Wonderful to be back in our ancestral home and be greeted with all the love and affection

The Camry, with the Granary built by my Great Grandfather around 1898-1900, in the back ground
Driven: Toyota Camry Hybrid-1.jpg

On a visit to another estate, there was tree fall across the road and I had to re-route my travel through some rough roads, within other coffee estates. The rains making the journey more adventurous.

You need go slow and steady across the terrain
Driven: Toyota Camry Hybrid-2.jpg

The electric fence confirms that this is elephant territory
Driven: Toyota Camry Hybrid-4.jpg

At slow speeds, with only the EV working and no engine noise, you glide with nature. Enjoyed this very much
Driven: Toyota Camry Hybrid-5.jpg

You can mistake this for the Bangalore Roads, but for the country side.
Driven: Toyota Camry Hybrid-7.jpg

Fantastic road clearance, if you drive slow and steady
Driven: Toyota Camry Hybrid-8.jpg

Driven: Toyota Camry Hybrid-9.jpg

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 10:26   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Was visiting my home town in Coorg after almost 2 years. Wonderful to be back in our ancestral home and be greeted with all the love and affection
Not sure if it was you yesterday but I did see a white Camry Hybrid on my way back from Coorg yesterday late morning. The Camry was headed up from Kushalnagar. Looked back to admire the clean lines on my ORVM.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 15:30   #142
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Not sure if it was you yesterday but I did see a white Camry Hybrid on my way back from Coorg yesterday late morning. The Camry was headed up from Kushalnagar. Looked back to admire the clean lines on my ORVM.
Yes Vid6639, around 9.30 a.m, would have been at Kushalnagara, onwards to Bettadapura, Ramanathapura, Arkalgud, Holenarasipura, Channarayapatna to Bangalore.

Enjoying the car very much

Thanks

KPS
KPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 18:29   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Enjoying the car very much
Good to hear that. Your Camry looks good in white. I recently test drove it again and the TD car was a 15000kms used owner driven car of the dealership but it didnt feel well maintained after 15000 kms. It's a good car but the high price of it makes you want to rethink the purchase decision when someone is buying it new. Theyre expecting price to go up with the facelift and cost around 51 lacs on road which is in my opinion not justified for the Camry. Toyota India
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 14:15   #144
Team-BHP Support

Facelift Toyota Camry: bookings now being accepted

Hey guys. An important update. Toyota / Toyota dealers have not openly publicized this yet but they have finally started taking bookings for the facelifted Camry (I speak for Mumbai at least). My friend had been chasing them since several months to update him the moment they are in a position to provide any clarity or accept a token.

If anyone has been in the market for one and waiting for this, you should speak to your local dealer to be suitably ahead in the queue. A friend of mine has already put a down payment for one, earlier this week.

Launch is officially in January with deliveries only expected to commence from February.

Last edited by Axe77 : 11th November 2021 at 14:19.
Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 20:35   #145

No luck in Pune no news of the new Toyota Camry yet. The dealership is happy to take a booking but no date on arrival of new model
Old 17th November 2021, 20:49   #146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

Launch is officially in January with deliveries only expected to commence from February.
Quote:
but no date on arrival of new model
I am told deliveries will start in February. If you are ok with putting down the 1L deposit, maybe you can take your chances and at least advance yourself in the queue. The money should be refundable I am sure. Take that in writing from them.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 23:02   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I am told deliveries will start in February. If you are ok with putting down the 1L deposit, maybe you can take your chances and at least advance yourself in the queue. The money should be refundable I am sure. Take that in writing from them.
Unfortunately in Pune it’s 5 lacs that they are asking and that to non refundable
rmbhatia1108 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 00:27   #148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Unfortunately in Pune it’s 5 lacs that they are asking and that to non refundable
WOW!! That’s just highway robbery and completely dealer specific. I’m amazed at the gall of some of these dealers. Those kind of terms are absolute non starters. No written commitment to on-road price, delivery date and they want a 5L non refundable deposit. Incredible!
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 20:19   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Fantastic road clearance, if you drive slow and steady
Cheers

KPS
Hello KPS,
Thanks for the lovely pictures and the nice travelogue. How does the Camry, with it's long wheelbase and overhangs perform in the crater/huge-speedbreaker ridden Namma Bengaluru? During an earlier, very limited, test drive, it seemed okay. The back seat is fantastic and the driving experience was good as well.
I was looking for a hybrid next year - however, other than the Camry, there is nothing else unless one goes to Lexus. Any info about the Rav4 hybrid?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 21st November 2021 at 22:35. Reason: fixing the quote tags. thanks.
Old 6th December 2021, 15:18   #150
BHPian

Do we have more info on this? are there any kind of discounts being year end and changing model?

Looking for a comfortable 4 seater with a budget of 40-50 lacs. Any other car that ticks the boxes? TIA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks