Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2024, 19:22   #1441
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Definitely not greenish. A light orangish is more like it.

But my question to you - where do fill your diesel ? I think it is definitely time to search for a better bunk.

Edit: For many years now, a (blue-ish ?) dye has been added to Kerosene available in open market. This greenish color looks due to adultration/mixing of kersene
Diesel has a light florescent green colour, as seen in that tank. I have seen it dispensers which have a transparent glass view of the fuel flow.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 19:28   #1442
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
TBH, I've never seen diesel in a bottle before - so, I don't know what a good quality diesel looks like. But the one in the tank had a greenish tinge to it. Attaching the pics for reference. Can someone please confirm if this is how diesel should look like?
Pure Diesel doesn’t have a colour. Coming to the diesel at the pumps, it is typically faint yellow. Cleaner the diesel, more clear and more transparent it is.
Follow the trucks. That’s the thumb rule explained earlier.
handsofsteel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2024, 19:39   #1443
BHPian

Quite possible, but that tank for sure reeks of kerosene.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Diesel has a light florescent green colour, as seen in that tank. I have seen it dispensers which have a transparent glass view of the fuel flow.
Old 19th September 2024, 18:55   #1444
BHPian

The SA seemed to give superficial answers whenever I asked details about the diagnosis. So, I visited the service center without informing him & thought of interacting with the service staff directly.
They had called the Bosch engineer (who had serviced the injectors) to look into the issues.

First of all, the pressure isn't low. It's the opposite - there's a check engine light, which says fuel pressure too high.
Secondly, they did everything they could - changed the fuel rail with the one from another vehicle, re-checked the injectors, checked the pressure at various points as suggested by Tata engineering team - but the error won't go away.

I'm told that the engineering team is going to visit the service center tomorrow & have a look at the issue.

By any chance, has anyone had this issue before (in any other vehicle)? If yes, any clues what could be wrong? What they could be looking at?

Thanks in advance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
Now, the SA says that the pump in the tank doesn't have enough pressure - hence the regen is failing & needs to be replaced. Needless to say, it's going to take a few more days to arrive

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks