Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2021, 17:39   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review

My FIL has a Freestyle TDCI. Recently, he received this mail about this Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown smart feature present in the car. Apparently, this feature was not mentioned in the owner's manual of the car.

As per the description, the car would shutdown on its own if left to idle for 30 mins. The car can be restarted as usual. It is present only in Figo/Aspire/Freestyle with keyless push button start system.

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-pxl_20210103_094454282_2.jpg

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-pxl_20210103_094409687.jpg

Earlier he had received an email about the same.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th January 2021 at 19:19. Reason: Repeated word deleted
ashis89 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 11:11   #227
BHPian

This feature is there in Endeavour (by default ) . You get a notification 5 minutes before stopping and if you want you can extend the shutdown for next 30 minutes
anumod is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 14:37   #228
BHPian

Nice to know! I have a Freestyle and hadn't yet noticed this. Will try it out sometime soon.

The news article published on TBHP needs a slight correction…
The highlighted text should just say keyless ignition. No version of the Figo/Freestyle/Aspire had keyless request sensor entry as far as I know.

2019 Ford Figo Facelift : Official Review-screenshot-20210108-2.34.23-pm.png
Old 8th January 2021, 14:41   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batladanny View Post
Nice to know! I have a Freestyle and hadn't yet noticed this. Will try it out sometime soon.

The news article published on TBHP needs a slight correction…
The highlighted text should just say keyless ignition. No version of the Figo/Freestyle/Aspire had keyless request sensor entry as far as I know.

Attachment 2104784
Even without request sensor, the entry is still keyless since there is no mechanism of physically inserting the key in a key slot. And the text does not mention keyless request sensor.
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 08:15   #230
Senior - BHPian

Good to have feature.
BTW it also exists in the EcoSport.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 11:19   #231
BHPian

Hi all,

*cross posting it from the Aspire thread cause I'm planning to install the blackened headlights as seen in the face-lift*

A quick question. I've a 2016 Ford Aspire diesel on which I had recently changed the stock headlights with 90/100 halogen with relay. I had used this setup for approx 6 months and the upper part of the reflector on the both the headlights have melted.

Now that I'm changing the headlights with the blackened headlights, can I install the 90/100 halogens or I'll have to stick with the OE spec 55/60? Has Ford improved the quality of the headlights or are they still the same? Can someone guide me whether the blackened headlights can withstand the heat of the 90/100 halogens or not?

Many thanks.
Old 28th February 2021, 16:49   #232
BHPian

I am researching cars for my cousin around Rs. 8 lakh OTR Bangalore. So far, I have shortlisted the Altroz, Baleno, Kiger, Magnite and Amaze. The Ford Figo 1.2 Titanium falls within budget (8.11 lakhs OTR Bangalore). However one thing that is keeping me from recommending we consider it is Ford's long term plans in India. I don't want it to be a Chevrolet situation, as my cousin plans to keep the car for a long time. Are my fears unfounded. It makes sense since another cousin already has an Ecosport and is pleased with the vehicle.
avi550m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 22:14   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
I am researching cars for my cousin around Rs. 8 lakh OTR Bangalore. So far, I have shortlisted the Altroz, Baleno, Kiger, Magnite and Amaze. The Ford Figo 1.2 Titanium falls within budget (8.11 lakhs OTR Bangalore). However one thing that is keeping me from recommending we consider it is Ford's long term plans in India. I don't want it to be a Chevrolet situation, as my cousin plans to keep the car for a long time. Are my fears unfounded. It makes sense since another cousin already has an Ecosport and is pleased with the vehicle.
Since the merger with Mahindra fell apart, and one of the top guys is back at Ford, I am hoping it should not be a Chevy kind of situation yet. Please re-evaluate the variant as I think Titanium is bare basic unless Ford has again rejigged the variants in the Petrol. Even if you pay slightly more, it would be worth it to get the better variant at the outset. Just my 2 cents!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 11:20   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
I am not sure about Ford's long term plan in India but don't go for Figo 1.2 Titanium. You will be disappointed with the equipment list and the Engine for the price you pay as you can afford a turbo petrol for that price bracket. My humble suggestion would be a VW Polo turbo edition.
Old 1st September 2021, 12:17   #235
BHPian

Has Ford silently removed Figo TDCi? There is no mention of Figo in Diesel. Also, on their website (as well as in brochure), Petrol gets only AT!
Old 24th September 2021, 14:59   #236
BHPian

Hi,
I've always heard rave reviews of the Figo 1.5 TDCI and had thought of buying one, even though I've always owned Petrol cars since I learnt driving.
Now that Ford is closing down it's operations, does it make sense to buy a well maintained pre - owned Figo? A 2020 BS 6 Titanium version is available for sale, which has clocked about 16k kms.
I believe these are the vanishing breed of cars that embody the spirit of simple motoring, with honest and robust mechanicals..
Once the EV wave sweeps aside the ICE Cars, a whole generation of such cars would be consigned to history.
Old 24th September 2021, 16:08   #237
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almetal View Post
Hi,
I've always heard rave reviews of the Figo 1.5 TDCI and had thought of buying one, even though I've always owned Petrol cars since I learnt driving.
Now that Ford is closing down it's operations, does it make sense to buy a well maintained pre - owned Figo? A 2020 BS 6 Titanium version is available for sale, which has clocked about 16k kms.
I believe these are the vanishing breed of cars that embody the spirit of simple motoring, with honest and robust mechanicals..
Once the EV wave sweeps aside the ICE Cars, a whole generation of such cars would be consigned to history.
Go for the Figo Diesel if you can find a good BS4 example. Avoid the BS6 versions since there are DPF issues that Ford has not been able to solve.
A M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 20:47   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almetal View Post
Hi,
Ford's both petrol and diesels are a treat to drive, predictable, fun, and power on tap and what not. Indeed, last breed of simple, rugged and superb driver focused cars. I'd strongly recommend you side in towards a BS4 2017 and pre model Diesels. The fun factor is unlimited with this extremely potent diesel mill.

Good luck.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 12:50   #239
Senior - BHPian

Figo 1.5 AT's exhaust note. Gets vocal close to redline but sounds sweet.
giri1.8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 19:04   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
https://Youtu.be/1RNppf8AiuA

Figo 1.5 AT's exhaust note. Gets vocal close to redline but sounds sweet.
That with a stock exhaust. Plonk in a free flow exhaust, and she'll sound even sweeter. FWIW, she sounds absolutely dope. Double thumbs up.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks