Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2020, 07:24   #61
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by docswarna26 View Post
Thank you, but can this over a long period of time reduce engine’s life?
My parents 2012 audi 1.8 petrol still runs fine with the current 91 octane. I believe during the initial days the normal petrol was 87 octane but I'm not sure.
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 01:35   #62

Brought this beauty home today, she's in for a lifetime of pampering now.
The Fastag mapping of cars by NIC before registration is on full swing in Mumbai.
In my short and less enthusiastic drive due to rain , I did notice a bit turbo lag. Coming from naturally aspirated engine I guess I'll need to adjust my driving style and gearing ratios accordingly.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img20200807wa0065.jpg  

Nomad01 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 08:44   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad01 View Post
The Fastag mapping of cars by NIC before registration is on full swing in Mumbai.
In my short and less enthusiastic drive due to rain , I did notice a bit turbo lag. Coming from naturally aspirated engine I guess I'll need to adjust my driving style and gearing ratios accordingly.
Few friends who own the Polo 1.0 TSI also complained the same about Turbo lag.
Old 12th August 2020, 22:44   #64

I'm into bigger displacement, naturally aspirated engines. However, the world has changed. Even F1 has turbo hybrid engine systems. So this 3-cylinder Polo is flowing with the times. 0-100 kph in 9.95 seconds is scene stealer, but the engine size is a deal breaker. One gets the feeling that it's time for VW to introduce the next-gen Polo Mk6, which was launched worldwide in 2017. Or skip it and maybe bring the Mk7 VW Polo when it comes in a few years.
Old 13th August 2020, 07:15   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

At least we got the best engine :-)
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volkswagen/polo
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 10:52   #66

So it seems. Until the next GTI comes along with double the engine displacement. And double the price.
Old 13th August 2020, 11:34   #67
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Many congratulations. Please share a picture of the new pricelist if possible. Also, are there any discounts going on ?
Old 13th August 2020, 12:13   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPERTOURER View Post
Here is my 1.0 highline plus.
Congrats HYPERTOURER on your pick and welcome to the Polo club

Incidentally, I have a the GT TDI in the same shade but those LEDs look exquisite. Considering its from Vagtune, I am quite sure it would have costed you a bomb. But if must help me and other owners if you can disclose the total cost.

I would love to see your car in person and when things around the pandemic situation improve, can have a meetup with the other Polo/GT owners. I have the VCDS cable with me, so let me know if I can be of any help.

Wish you a happy & fuss free motoring.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 13:05   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats HYPERTOURER on your pick and welcome to the Polo club
--------
Wish you a happy & fuss free motoring.
Hi, Thank you. Yes got them from vagtune for 1.36 including the adapter etc. Now I'm waiting for the auto headlight switch and few other small bits. Also the headlight doesn't instantly light up when you press pass. It has a delay of 2 seconds, for which vagtune is coming out with another adapter and also will take care of the the leveller which currently doesn't operate. Should be getting these things in a week. Also the drl stay on with the ignition on and is independent of the parking lamp switch which should be fixed in the adapter. Since only the rear lamps are on when the key isn't in ignition and the parking light switch is on.

This doesn't void the warranty already spoke to my dealer. Anything plug and play is fine. And it's just a 5 min job to swap out the old lights.

Regarding the vcds. I am currently in Belgaum and travelling to Pune is not possible for me. I can pay you for the shipping and something above it as a token and guarantee that I will return it back as soon as my work is done. Will that be possible?

A detailed ownership review is pending. Need to do it soon.
Old 13th August 2020, 14:30   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPERTOURER View Post
Hi, Thank you. Yes got them from vagtune for 1.36 including the adapter etc.
Woah, all due respect dude but that is exorbitant pricing!!
There are plethora of options available online and would have saved you a lot over this from Vagtune...including auto-headlight switch and other essential peripherals.

I am sure you will cover the aspect of the headlight throw during your ownership, but I was not particularly happy with the beam in the Vento Highline that I drove. I still prefer LED projector setup, but would love to know your experience.

Quote:
Regarding the vcds. I am currently in Belgaum and travelling to Pune is not possible for me.
I stay in Bangalore, and have not yet explored all the functions of the VCDS myself as there were certain glitches that i had to work with the seller. If you have any plans of travelling to Bangalore, we can sync up.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 13th August 2020 at 14:32.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2020, 14:58   #71
BHPian

Quote:
There are plethora of options available online and would have saved you a lot over this from Vagtune...including auto-headlight switch and other essential peripherals.

I am sure you will cover the aspect of the headlight throw during your ownership, but I was not particularly happy with the beam in the Vento Highline that I drove. I still prefer LED projector setup, but would love to know your experience.

I stay in Bangalore, and have not yet explored all the functions of the VCDS myself as there were certain glitches that i had to work with the seller. If you have any plans of travelling to Bangalore, we can sync up.
The main reason for the led setup was it's an OEM part. Also the other stuff available are gimmicky and mostly are Thailand made. The vento original headlamp costs 86k a piece. So this in a way is cheaper. Also most Chinese websites aren't delivering to India makes getting stuff difficult. Moreover not much into night driving and this is basically a city run about. I am planning to put in some Clearwater aux lights which I had sourced for the zx14r onto the polo a bit later.

Will let U know if I come to Bangalore. Also if u could share the seller from where you got the vcds it would be great. I might pick one up.
HYPERTOURER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 09:32   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Premium pricing! Amongst the most expensive cars in the segment, despite being the oldest
If you ignore the cosmetic GT TSI then the highline Plus with all features is available at Rs. 9.30 Lakhs OTR Pune (Negotiable till 9 Lakhs)
If you compare it with Baleno NA Petrol top end MT which is around Rs. 9.6 Lakhs. Glanza is Rs. 9.40 Lakhs. May be the Polo being a VW is considered more premium than a Maruti or Toyota, carrying the perception of being priced higher Below is the quote shared by a dealer from Pune.

The only negative I see in Polo is the rear space. Most average Indians are well built and there is hardly any possibility to accomodate 3 adults at the rear seats. However it becomes a good package for a smaller family with a driving enthusiastic owner.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img20200813wa0001.jpg  

Last edited by VWAllstar : 14th August 2020 at 09:33.
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 10:17   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
Many congratulations. Please share a picture of the new pricelist if possible. Also, are there any discounts going on ?
This is what was quoted to me at the time of purchase.(Image Attached for ready reference)
Since I bought it for my wife I got the following discounts - Loyalty bonus, Cash Discount & Corporate Discount which brought down the on road price to 9.03 for me.
If you are able to talk to multiple showrooms , generally one or two of them end up fetching good discounts and prices as well.
It is also pertinent to mention here that the latest advertisements of VW mentions the ex-showroom price of TSI Highline as 7.89 in contrast to 8.08 when I bought it. (Please correct me if I am mistaken)
Cheers !
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-screenshot_20200814100639__01.jpg  

Nomad01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 11:25   #74
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
This is what was quoted to me at the time of purchase.
Thanks a lot.

Quote:
It is also pertinent to mention here that the latest advertisements of VW mentions the ex-showroom price of TSI Highline as 7.89 in contrast to 8.08 when I bought it.
My friend who is interested in buying this car spoke to someone from Downtown VW and even they said the same thing. He was actually quite surprised that such a price correction took place within a few months of launch. He is now thinking of waiting a little more for VW's october fest to see if some better deals come up.
Old 11th September 2020, 00:17   #75
BHPian

Quote:
I would love to learn where might I find these other options for LED headlights? I'm about to get a new GT and I've been on the lookout for fixing the headlight situation. There are a lot of aftermarket offerings but I'm just not sure which ones are a smart choice. Everything looks ok in pics but it's so hard to trust the quality will be worth it when it comes to Chinese aftermarket parts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks