Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2020, 15:17   #136
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

From what I understand- even the showroom installation is not gonna be giving you adaptive guidelines in your camera view. Is this something that is okay with you?

Secondly, the showroom where I did my enquiries quoted me 10K for rear camera installation so I feel there is more scope to negotiate. Your point about the installation being done at showroom is right- they can't create any warranty concern.
PankajKara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 19:56   #137

It's not only that the camera provided by VW dealers doesn't have adaptive guidelines, the quality itself is rather sad (no comparison to what's there in my EcoSport). But I too got it done at the showroom for peace of mind about warranty (paid 10K).
vineet20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 21:19   #138
anb
BHPian

As per Autocar India, Polo GT TSI with TC gearbox is faster than old 1.2 GT TSI by 0.8 seconds
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-2de1eaa01845489fbb4f8486fb163801.png  

anb is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 21:59   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceHorse View Post
I recently purchased Polo Highline Plus AT, I am looking for suggestions on Rear parking Camera.

The accessories guy at showroom is quoting Rs. 12000, I enquired with him what is the part which he will install.

He showed me Blaupunkt Reverse Camara BC DH01.
I checked Blaupunkt online site and it cost only Rs. 2800, when I told this to him, he said it needs a special socket
to connect to Head Unit and that costs Rs. 7000 and including installation his quote is Rs. 12000.

I seek your advice on this, is this genuine price or should I try at outside accessories shops?

My worry is about warranty if they fiddle with wiring. At showroom at least the blame is with showroom guys if something goes wrong.

Please suggest.
Hi, let me explain the minute details to you to bring you to speed. Firstly, the car has a RCD340 Headunit, which to the best of my knowledge works flawlessly with an OE Camera input. To install it with an Aftermarket Camera, the following two conditions must be met :-
  • Camera should be a PAL Camera. Most Chinese Cameras are commonly NTSC Spec.
  • I feel strongly about the PAL camera because recently, a friend was unable to get his Original Stock AMEO Camera to work with a Chinese RCD and the only thing that was helping was replacing the camera or getting an Original Headunit.
  • Camera Needs a Capacitive Circuit or a Delay Timer box to prevent Rear View Camera not found error.
It is precisely for these reasons, that the dealership tries to charge a high amount of money. Even in my opinion, the cameras that they stock are average at best, and do not justify the cost. You can get a camera and delay timer from Aliexpress at under Rs. 4000, and the quality will be just as good. The Quadlock Connector behind the RCD 340 needs a Small Camera Connector, which again can be picked up easily from Aliexpress, but if not, is also locally available with people who are familiar with VW Retrofits. This is what the Camera Connector to Video connector (blue one) looks like.
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-28156360967_12f0a3f348_b.jpg
As for the warranty, you can have a camera fitted outside without voiding the warranty but ensuring you do not splice into any wire. For a camera, you need to take power from the Reverse Light Connector(tapping or using a splice less connector is warranty safe) and also through a Fuse Tap (which will not void warranty). This is what I am going for. An Original Flip badge camera which can be adapted and mounted on the Polo 6R, because I frankly find it very cool and the functionality is a lot better than a low mounted camera. A similar fitment for Flip Emblem AV Cameras been done by several BHPians but I have not seen the installation of an Original Camera. This one is also a Lowline Flip camera and is not connected to the car's steering input for displaying dynamic guidelines. It costs just near the 15k mark, and is inarguably steep, but OE is OE and that is why I decided to go for this one instead. I'll share more details on my Ownership thread very shortly.
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-cameraaliexp.jpg

Last edited by fluidicjoy : 24th November 2020 at 22:02. Reason: Added info.
fluidicjoy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 22:53   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidicjoy View Post
Will update some more information after corrective actions, observations and researching more about the construction of this engine which I believe has two water pumps. One integrated in the Thermostat Housing and the other one 04L 965 567 A near the charge air cooler, since they have two unique different part numbers.
That is correct. I was surprised with the bubbling as well, more so since I don't remember noticing something like this is my Laura Tsi.

So on doing some limited research over the internet and VW/Skoda forums, what I could find was that in most Vw cars, especially ATs, there are 2 water pumps with one being called as an 'after run' pump. This is there basically to cool down the turbo after the engine is shutoff. It seems that this is the pump which runs after we switch off the car, which causes the bubbles in the reservoir. Now the EA211 engines generate a lot of heat, compared to the older ones, because of which we not only have this additional pump but also hollow exhaust valves which are filled with sodium to dissipate the heat faster.
Altocumulus is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 20:10   #141
BHPian

Can someone post a picture of their tyre pressure sticker? My car doesn't seem to have one. The tyres are 195/55 R16. The car had 40 psi tyre pressure topped up by the dealerships. What is wrong with them? Clearly that's too high even without knowing the correct pressure. I live in a hot mess of a city and have recently moved here. I haven't been able to find a reliable tyre guy and have been riding on such high pressure for the last ~1400 kms. The tyres being goodyear also don't inspire much confidence in me, given the odd story of a burst (it's always Goodyear!).
Old 25th November 2020, 20:18   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
Can someone post a picture of their tyre pressure sticker? My car doesn't seem to have one. The tyres are 195/55 R16. The car had 40 psi tyre pressure topped up by the dealerships. What is wrong with them? Clearly that's too high even without knowing the correct pressure. I live in a hot mess of a city and have recently moved here. I haven't been able to find a reliable tyre guy and have been riding on such high pressure for the last ~1400 kms. The tyres being goodyear also don't inspire much confidence in me, given the odd story of a burst (it's always Goodyear!).
The tire pressure sticker is on the inside of the fuel lid. Check the official review.

40 psi is definitely not the standard air pressure. It's overfilled at the factory to prevent flat-spotting of the tires during storage.
Turbohead is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 09:14   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone post a picture of their tyre pressure sticker?
Hey! Here is the photo that you requested from my car. It's weird they missed out on yours. It also has a unique part number :- 6RG 010 692. In my car, they have misplaced the Vehicle Data Stickers. Even the owner's manual does not have an engine code and vehicle equipment sticker and the dealership has no answer as to where this sticker went
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20201129_090754.jpg
fluidicjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 22:01   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Hey! Here is the photo that you requested from my car. It's weird they missed out on yours. It also has a unique part number :- 6RG 010 692. In my car, they have misplaced the Vehicle Data Stickers. Even the owner's manual does not have an engine code and vehicle equipment sticker and the dealership has no answer as to where this sticker went
Attachment 2086970
Thanks! On that note, have you been filling the min. 95 RON petrol? I've stuck to regular fuel from my trusted pumps.
Old 9th December 2020, 00:58   #145
BHPian

Is it worth getting paint protection done from the dealer during purchase ? I was able to get them to knock off the 12K “Delivery Kit” which includes: Paint protection, mudflaps, mats, cover. Not sure if there was anything else in the kit.

Contemplating if it’s worth getting that PP done tho. Thing is this kit is far too expensive for what they’re bundling.
Old 10th December 2020, 11:26   #146
BHPian

Hello All,

With Pandemic continuing and members in family opting for 4 wheelers, dad is left with no car. I drive Duster, younger one takes Kwid AMT and Dad is running errands on 2 wheeler. Hence decided to go with a new AT car for dad.

I have booked VW Polo Highline Plus AT in White Color with Apple Whitefield VW.
My sales advisor Mr. Gana a true Gentleman has helped me with test drives, offers and discounts. Very rare to find a customer centric sales advisor these days.
In my timeline of buying close to 10 cars in India and overseas this has been the best experience so far. Hope it remains same until I take delivery.

Now, coming to the news from 2 different VW dealers are as below
Polo Highline AT might be reduced in production numbers if not discontinued in the year 2021. Also, there might be a price hike of 20 to 40k in the next year.

Coming to the offer I have got is as below
10.9 lakhs for highline plus AT, this includes Floor mats, mud guards, car cover, car care kit. Additionally, I am planning to go for Black OEM Spoiler for 7k, mirror caps for 2k, roof paint / wrap for 6k / 8k respectively. I hope these prices are reasonable.

I am not sure If I should go for 5th year warranty as the car comes with 4 years warranty and 3 years paint warranty. Experts view needed.
Old 10th December 2020, 20:27   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarBot View Post
I am not sure If I should go for 5th year warranty as the car comes with 4 years warranty and 3 years paint warranty. Experts view needed.
With German cars, it goes without saying to buy maximum available extended warranty.

I think it's 7 years; see if you can get it in one go.

Quote:
Additionally, I am planning to go for Black OEM Spoiler for 7k, mirror caps for 2k, roof paint / wrap for 6k / 8k respectively. I hope these prices are reasonable.
Not worth it. Except for looks. I would rather spend it on fuel.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 21:09   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! On that note, have you been filling the min. 95 RON petrol? I've stuck to regular fuel from my trusted pumps.
I refuelled my car with regular petrol for the second time ever today. I want to try 99 Octane on atleast one tankful to see if it's really any good.
Quote:
Polo Highline AT might be reduced in production numbers if not discontinued in the year 2021. Also, there might be a price hike of 20 to 40k in the next year.

10.9 lakhs for highline plus AT, this includes Floor mats, mud guards, car cover, car care kit.

Polo and Vento sold right now are based on the PQ platform. Volkswagen is coming up with the Vento successor in 2021. Meaning, they are already shifting their assembly line to the MQB platform for the next car. A new Polo might not be coming anytime soon, but the existing Polo might still be sold with the 1.0L MPI and TSI engines. The production should be lesser, since the plant is being modified for MQB. I got my new car for about 10.5L minus the Car Cover and Car Care Kit (something similar was given free during first service, which I've written on my thread) , so I feel you should be offered a better deal
fluidicjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 11:14   #149
BHPian

Quote:
I got my new car for about 10.5L minus the Car Cover and Car Care Kit (something similar was given free during first service, which I've written on my thread) , so I feel you should be offered a better deal
I have gone through each and every line of your thread.
Frankly speaking, your thread triggered me to get a test drive, then look at colors and as they say one thing led to another and placed a booking

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
With German cars, it goes without saying to buy maximum available extended warranty.
I think it's 7 years; see if you can get it in one go.
Not worth it. Except for looks. I would rather spend it on fuel.
I agree with you on German cars and extended warranty. I will go for it for peace of mind.
And on the looks, I love the dual tone looks so will go for it anyways.

Last edited by CarBot : 11th December 2020 at 11:17.
CarBot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 18:04   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PankajKara View Post
Is it worth getting paint protection done from the dealer during purchase ? I was able to get them to knock off the 12K “Delivery Kit” which includes: Paint protection, mudflaps, mats, cover. Not sure if there was anything else in the kit.

Contemplating if it’s worth getting that PP done tho. Thing is this kit is far too expensive for what they’re bundling.
Correction: The kit is worth 8900 and apparently includes:

- Mudflaps (Rs.1999)
- Mats (Rs.2083 for rubber Rs.1399 for textile)
- Paint Protection (?)
- Fumigation (?)
- Car Cover (Rs.1299)
- VW Car care kit (?)
- Keychain (Rs.200?)

I think the fumigation and car cover are essentials for sure. Contemplating on the others. Overall if I exclude fumigation, paint protection and car care kit prices - those amount to Rs. 4697.

The car care kit I believe is quite exhaustive including: Car Shampoo, windshield cleaner, tyre cleaner, sponge, brush and sprays. This does seem tempting.

The dealer is sending me an update accessories price list. Will post that soon. As of now for my booking I'm considering adding the delivery kit back.
PankajKara is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks