Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2021, 13:03   #241
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
I noticed a slight issue with my Polo TSI AT. I rarely drive without music on but just yesterday I happen to have forgot to turn on the music for a little while and I noticed that as and when I turned the steering wheel - it makes a sound. It's as if the shaft that's moving isn't lubricated and two hard parts are rubbing against each other creating the sound. It feels like it's coming from deep down rather than near the steering wheel. What could it possibly be? I'll take it to the service station soon.
I had the same issue on my Rapid. Skoda replaced the strut bushing on driver side strut under warranty and it's all working fine now. Since Skoda service is closer to my home, they took around 6 hours to deliver the car and I didn't want to rush either.
Old 12th February 2021, 18:24   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
Anyone fixed a dual tone horn in the new polo? What is the cost?
The sales guy was saying unlike the previous polo the mounting bracket is not there in the new one and if you fix it there is a possibility that it can fall down !! Any experience with this ?
Refer to this (Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review) The horn part costs about Rs. 1700 on Boodmo, but you'll also need a bracket and a Mounting Bolt, along with a wire harness for suitable plug and play connection, so I'd say it's better to get the Low Tone Horn set. I could pickup a set for Rs. 3000. All of the details are included in the linked post (Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review). Cheers.
fluidicjoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 17:10   #243
BHPian

Got my Candy White GT TSI delivered this morning. The delivery experience was all good but the accessories were not installed due to unavailability.

The dealer promised to get the accessories in 2 days time.

The gearbox seems jerky especially when moving from standstill conditions and the reverse is too fast. Also, there’s quite a lot of vibrations when moving at slow speeds in reverse. Perhaps, this will get better with time.

One immediate observation is that the HU keeps dropping audio packets while playing on CarPlay; Hopefully, this can be fixed through a SW update.

My comparison is with a 2011 Honda City VAT which to date drives like a charm. I sold my City too today and I just hope Polo will be a worthy replacement.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-49c37378cbbe43628c901728a47c27c7.jpeg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st April 2021 at 11:41. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
hellraizer is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 17:58   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
The gearbox seems jerky especially when moving from standstill conditions and the reverse is too fast. Also, there’s quite a lot of vibrations when moving at slow speeds in reverse. Perhaps, this will get better with time.

My comparison is with a 2011 Honda City VAT which to date drives like a charm. I sold my City too today and I just hope Polo will be a worthy replacement.
Vibration is because of the fact that it is a 3 cylinder engine. When I test drove it, I also felt that the car doesn't respond initially and jumps when you give it little more throttle. 4 cylinder NA engine on Honda city is in a different league. But as a city car, Polo AT should more nimble and fun to drive.
Old 14th February 2021, 18:31   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Got my Candy White GT TSI delivered this morning.My comparison is with a 2011 Honda City VAT which to date drives like a charm. I sold my City too today and I just hope Polo will be a worthy replacement.
Congratulations for the new Polo GT TSI. Candy White will grow on you and will be easier to maintain it like new. Just curious, Polo bring a downgrade from your City, what was the reason to not go for the Vento or Rapid or the new city?
Old 14th February 2021, 19:01   #246
BANNED

Quote:
Got my Candy White GT TSI delivered this morning. The delivery experience was all good but the accessories were not installed due to unavailability.
The dealer promised to get the accessories in 2 days time.
Congratulations for the new car. Wishing you a lot of TSI goodness and a great ownership experience. I own a 4th generation Honda City ivtec, covered 1 lakh kms. Recently picked up a Skoda Rapid TSI MT. Once you get adapted to the turbo goodness, you will forgot all the shortcomings.
Old 14th February 2021, 22:16   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Vibration is because of the fact that it is a 3 cylinder engine. When I test drove it, I also felt that the car doesn't respond initially and jumps when you give it little more throttle. 4 cylinder NA engine on Honda city is in a different league. But as a city car, Polo AT should more nimble and fun to drive.
I too think so. The jerks from standstill is a little disconcerting at first but I will sure adapt to this. I do realize, it’s easier to live with this car in this crazy Bangalore traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Congratulations for the new Polo GT TSI. Candy White will grow on you and will be easier to maintain it like new. Just curious, Polo bring a downgrade from your City, what was the reason to not go for the Vento or Rapid or the new city?
I was actually looking for a bigger car to replace my City, but wife wouldn’t want to drive a bigger car in the city. Also, with my past couple of weeks of city driving, I too realized, I would be better off with a smaller city car. With this small car replacing my Honda-City, I am keeping my options open for an SUV a couple of years from now. In fact, I had booked the Thar on 2-Oct and gave up on my booking once I test rode the “Jeep”. With limited practicality, I gave up on my Thar booking also considering it’s poor driving dynamics and excessive body roll. I guess the Honda-City has spoilt me .

I am annoyed with Honda not having competent cars and they’ve been disappointing in the recent past. It was time to say Goodbye to brand Honda although the new Honda-City is a great proposition. I wanted to experience a different brand as well.
I was also considering Tata Harrier despite its flaws and bad ergo. My wife wouldn’t let me invest 25L+ on a Tata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Congratulations for the new car. Wishing you a lot of TSI goodness and a great ownership experience. I own a 4th generation Honda City ivtec, covered 1 lakh kms. Recently picked up a Skoda Rapid TSI MT. Once you get adapted to the turbo goodness, you will forgot all the shortcomings.
Turbo should be lot of fun on the highways for sure. Today was just some city driving; around 50kms. I am waiting to hit the highways to experience the TSI goodness. Overall, I am pretty happy with the car and I still believe it’s the best small hatch you can buy to have fun.

The dealer had installed the Arm rest. Flaps, headlights, horn upgrade is pending. Still undecided on the camera. The Flip camera looks cool but there’s too much to be done to get this going. I somehow can’t settle with the mediocre upgrade that the dealer is offering. Don’t know when I’ll bite.

There’s still some time for the Compass/Harrier in my life
hellraizer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 23:23   #248
BHPian

Quote:
I too think so. The jerks from standstill is a little disconcerting at first but I will sure adapt to this. I do realize, it’s easier to live with this car in this crazy Bangalore traffic.
The jerks only occur after a cold start when the RPMs are higher. As the RPMs settle at 1k, the jerk almost goes away.

Quote:
I am annoyed with Honda not having competent cars and they’ve been disappointing in the recent past. It was time to say Goodbye to brand Honda although the new Honda-City is a great proposition. I wanted to experience a different brand as well.
You and me both. I was looking at the Jazz but the engine+gearbox combination is just painful. After about 4k KMs, I'm glad I chose a Polo TSI AT. I love every bit of it, you can tell where the car is down to an inch while driving. The steering, while lacking in feedback, is incredibly accurate and FTD. The Turbo kick is lovely, if you want to do brisk acceleration, S mode is your friend. I've not experienced any jerkiness in D in city conditions, I rarely give it heavy throttle. D builds up speeds with moderate acceleration input without any jerks (once it's at the operating temperature). I guess things have smoothened out after the break-in period.

I can assure you, the ownership experience only gets better. You'll come to love driving the car, regardless of the traffic. I have. It's a different beast altogether out on open highways. The feeling of solidity while driving is extremely reassuring, in comparison to the Japanese alternatives.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th February 2021 at 08:54. Reason: Typo
RoadMonkey is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 00:09   #249
BHPian

Quick question

What petrol are you guys using? I was using hp power and IOCL Xtra premium , found power better than the latter. However during my sudden trip to jaipur while coming back couldn't get power so filled up with normal petrol and somehow got better mileage figures Since then I have switched to normal petrol, also as far as I know normal is just 91 octane.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st April 2021 at 11:41. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
Old 15th February 2021, 08:37   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
The jerks only occur after a cold start when the RPMs are higher. As the RPMs settle at 1k, the jerk almost goes away.

I've not experienced any jerkiness in D in city conditions, I rarely give it heavy throttle. D builds up speeds with moderate acceleration input without any jerks (once it's at the operating temperature). I guess things have smoothened out ofter the break-in period.

I can assure you, the ownership experience only gets better. You'll come to love driving the car, regardless of the traffic. I have. It's a different beast altogether out on open highways. The feeling of solidity while driving is extremely reassuring, in comparison to the Japanese alternatives.
I too think the experience can only get better.

Meanwhile, have any of you experienced audio glitches? Is there a SW update available for the HU? I have seen it on both the test drive car and mine. This is definitely annoying. I am using an iPhone XR and I am quite sure, there’s no problem with my phone.

The audio basically cuts off for a brief 300-400ms every once in a while.

Also, have any of you upgraded your speaker setup for a better audio experience without voiding warranty? Please let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st April 2021 at 11:42. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
Old 15th February 2021, 19:09   #251
BHPian

New Polo Turbo Launched at 6.99

I saw these seat covers at the dealership when I was getting the car back in December. Curious about how they’re priced. In hindsight I just might have gotten this instead of Highline xD, but it’s alright, the Highline does have other features too apart from the TSI engine.

https://www.newindianexpress.com/bus...o-2264381.html

“ The special edition has a glossy black spoiler, ORVM caps, fender badge and sporty seat covers and both the carlines offer the climatronic air-conditioning feature. Customers can book the Turbo edition Polo and Vento online through the Volkswagen India website besides the nearest dealerships, it added”
Old 16th February 2021, 13:01   #252
Senior - BHPian

With an entry level price of Polo 1.0 TSi at 6.99L makes a solid value proposition undercutting many rivals Altroz iTurbo included.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...69-lakh-419942
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 13:30   #253
Sen
BHPian

Thank heavens, and good riddance with the MPI variants. These polos will sell, and are sure to be mechanically sorted.

If only VW trashed these old models and got us a new mainstay hatch and sedan variant..
Sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 17:15   #254
BHPian

Quote:
I too think the experience can only get better.
The audio basically cuts off for a brief 300-400ms every once in a while.
Also, have any of you upgraded your speaker setup for a better audio experience without voiding warranty? Please let me know.

Thanks.
Does this happens while on Radio as well?

I too have experienced this very rarely, especially when I am streaming. It could be because of internet issues. If this happens when car is driven on a pothole or a hump, it may be worthwhile to check the connectors of the HU during your visit for a service.
Old 16th February 2021, 17:21   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
Let me know if you get any resolution for this howling sound.
I got this tested during my one month checkup. The SA drove the car and fortunately we were able to reach to the speeds bit above 110 kmph on Hosur road. In this short drive the Wind cutting noise was observed.
SA later said they checked the beadings and lubricated the windows for a possible rectification.

I will update if this solution worked for wind cutting noise, once I get a chance to drive through the NICE road in Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks