Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2021, 11:00   #391
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
Hi Everyone,

However we are in a dilemma: is it worth spending a 1.5 lac on highline plus model?
We already were on a budget and extended it a bit since we couldn't find a car that would tick most of boxes for us.
So should we stick to comfortline AT or go for highline?
If you are saying you are on a budget then comfortline AT fits the bill, more so if you are already stretching your budget for this car and have a Honda city in your garage. So yes, clearly from a value standpoint I would say go for the CL and save 1.5 lac.
Old 30th July 2021, 18:54   #392
BHPian

I hadn't used my car for 4-5 days and when I tried to start it today, the air con just won't turn on. The exhaust emissions light is also on, and the music system is apparently working now even with the key out.

I'm suspecting something wrong with the ECU as the EPC light turned on a week ago but went away when I turned the car on again. What could it be? I'll take it to the service center tomorrow but I live in tier 3 city now and the service here is underwhelming. Can someone also recommend a good obd2 scanner?
Old 30th July 2021, 19:45   #393
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
I hadn't used my car for 4-5 days and when I tried to start it today, the air con just won't turn on. The exhaust emissions light is also on, and the music system is apparently working now even with the key out.

I'm suspecting something wrong with the ECU as the EPC light turned on a week ago but went away when I turned the car on again. What could it be? I'll take it to the service center tomorrow but I live in tier 3 city now and the service here is underwhelming. Can someone also recommend a good obd2 scanner?
Did you check for any wires cut in the engine bay? Get one of those basic Bluetooth based OBS2 scanners. Works just fine for troubleshooting DTCs.

From what I recall, the music system works when you press the power button when the key is out. The steering controls won’t work.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th July 2021 at 19:46.
Old 30th July 2021, 20:28   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Did you check for any wires cut in the engine bay? Get one of those basic Bluetooth based OBS2 scanners. Works just fine for troubleshooting DTCs.

From what I recall, the music system works when you press the power button when the key is out. The steering controls won’t work.
I did check for the wires in engine bay, at least the ones visible from the standard view. Though multiple failures does signal a possible wire cut, unless it's the ECU.

In that case, the music system doesn't automatically turn on as it used to when I turned on the car. The clock on the music system off is also gone. Something definitely seems up with it.
Old 30th July 2021, 22:12   #395
BANNED

Quote:

It could just be a weak battery , if you're doing short trips this can happen.

As for obd2 scanner, you can get any cheap Bluetooth ones off amazon for basic diagnostics. But nearly all these scanners can't always pick up specific errors in VAG cars. VCDS/ODIS is needed in those cases
Old 1st August 2021, 16:46   #396
BHPian

A month and 3400 Kms old.

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-img_20210801_15495801.jpeg
sinharishi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 00:28   #397
BHPian

Some pictures from a recent trip to Aamby Valley
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-3c86541565144d9ca316d0849ffb8763.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-cb3fc8ade6764228b49c6b130d64f353.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-9a8593784447487eab16baff029c7b43.jpeg  

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-ff0641ddb9cd45028763a3b30bf15eab.jpeg  

PankajKara is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 20:22   #398
BHPian

Just completed a trip to Rishikesh. Sharing some photos
Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20210731_181326.jpg
Beautiful highway

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20210801_122423.jpg
Starting from Hotel Natraj!

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20210801_133416.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20210801_133644.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20210801_135627.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20210801_135653.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20210801_140049.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20210801_140139.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20210801_150023.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20210801_150015.jpg

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20210802_142924.jpg
Mileage achieved!

Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review-20210802_145046.jpg
TSI47 signing off
TSI47 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 13:31   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
It could just be a weak battery , if you're doing short trips this can happen.

As for obd2 scanner, you can get any cheap Bluetooth ones off amazon for basic diagnostics. But nearly all these scanners can't always pick up specific errors in VAG cars. VCDS/ODIS is needed in those cases
It isn't weak battery given the fact that I drove it 2.5k KMs last month. It was only idle for 4-5 days.

I went to the VW service center and they said they'll call me in a few days when the scanner is available. I called again, it still isn't. So basically my new car is now lying idle, error ridden with not even as much as a diagnosis, let alone a resolution under process.

To top it off, my email to customercare@volkswagen.co.in bounced back and returned error : mailbox not found.

I honestly can't believe that things can get this bad for a 10 month old car. I got a cheap bluetooth obd2 scanner from Amazon, which is working perfectly with my Ritz but won't connect to the ECU in my Polo. So perhaps the entire ECU has conked off? The car did show an EPC error light a few days ago.
RoadMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2021, 22:33   #400
BHPian

Quote:

I went to the VW service center and they said they'll call me in a few days when the scanner is available. I called again, it still isn't. So basically my new.
Haven't you tried contacting any other VW service centers for the scan? Won't they come onsite to inspect the car? Will be a surprise if they won't.

I doubt if that would a damaged ECU, unless water went inside or anything similar. I maybe wrong but have you tried to disconnect the battery and connect again? I tried that on my Golf once when I had an ECU error message, and it worked but back then it was occurred after I drove through a flash flood.
igemini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 22:36   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
So, took deliver of my flash red TSI on New Year’s Eve Drove about 50 kms so far. Here is my initial impression about the car. Coming from a manual tranny Rapid, I am in love with the torque converter, especially in sports mode. The car gets to silly speeds before I know it. I haven’t driven a DSG enough to make a comparison, hence will leave it to the experts to comment on the DSG v/s TC. Build quality inside out is comparable to the Rapid and remains very good. This is a extremely engaging car to drive and I am loving every bit of that experience. Not an ounce of regret here. What it lacks in bells and whistles, it more than makes up for it as soon as you get behind that rather nice steering wheel. Coming from a top spec Rapid, I do have a few bones to pick with VW though. Keep in mind that I picked this car up knowing fully well about what I am getting for my money. Just quoting the below points for folks who may want to consider as well.
Well, so much for my to-do list! Besides switching seat fabric to art leather and installing CR70 on the front windshield, I went ahead and upgraded the ICE today got Focal all around including an under-seat Focal sub I had from my Rapid. Did not replace the HU since I am in love with the 340. Satya and team at Evo did a fab job. Quite a few pretty pennies later, I am a happy camper. Vocals are crisp and the bass is tight. Just the way me likes it. Goodbye electric warranty! I wonder what other ‘out of list’ upgrade is lined up next.

Note to self: Stay away from Fluidicjoys thread

Last edited by vb-saan : 6th August 2021 at 05:52. Reason: For better reading experience (especially from smartphones) please do not quote the whole post.
Endless.... is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 01:31   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
I went ahead and upgraded the ICE today got Focal all around including an under-seat Focal sub I had from my Rapid. Did not replace the HU since I am in love with the 340. Satya and team at Evo did a fab job. Quite a few pretty pennies later, I am a happy camper. Vocals are crisp and the bass is tight. Just the way me likes it. Goodbye electric warranty! I wonder what other ‘out of list’ upgrade is lined up next.
Can you elaborate on your focal speakers setup ? How much did it cost ? Which spec speakers ? And how does it void warranty/anyway to change stock speakers without voiding warranty?

Also curious if the 340 limits the sound quality. My knowledge on this is limited but from what I gather stock headunits modify the sound signals to accommodate for poor speakers. In another thread there’s a suggestion to get a Pioneer DSP to make up for the crippled sound signals from stock HUs.
Old 6th August 2021, 10:13   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PankajKara View Post
Can you elaborate on your focal speakers setup ? How much did it cost ? Which spec speakers ? And how does it void warranty/anyway to change stock speakers without voiding warranty?

Also curious if the 340 limits the sound quality. My knowledge on this is limited but from what I gather stock headunits modify the sound signals to accommodate for poor speakers. In another thread there’s a suggestion to get a Pioneer DSP to make up for the crippled sound signals from stock HUs.
The set up:
Focal access 165 AS- The finish on this one is exemplary and sounds good too.
Focal Auditor RCX 165
Brazo P660 4 channel amp
Focal under seat sub from Rapid. I don’t remember the model
Cerwin Vega wiring kit
Adaptor/converters to enable retention of stock HU
Hard wired the dash cam during the process

Wallets lighter by 45 big ones and even before speakers breaking in, I love how the set up is tuned.

That being said, I was pretty surprised by how things have changed for good in the ICE world. Back in 2014 when I upgraded to aftermarket speakers and subs on my swift, retaining the stock HU, the audio quality was horrible. I later changed the HU to a JVC if I remember correctly. They ripped out the dash etc for that install. Similarly for my Rapid, I only installed the under seat sub and left everything else as is. They again had to pry open the HU and fix adapters etc. These installs were done by accessories shops in my neighborhood. Not sure if it was that.

Today for the polo, Satya and team did not do anything around the dash area, just door pads and routing some cables under the dash.

PS: I am not audio expert from a technical stand point so I rely heavily on installers making a good decision for me wrt hardware. However, I am very picky about how the set up should sound, very. Evo has met my expectations. I won’t have any regrets even if I may have spent a few bucks more since the quality of installation and tuning is very good.
Endless.... is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2021, 15:11   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igemini View Post
Haven't you tried contacting any other VW service centers for the scan? Won't they come onsite to inspect the car? Will be a surprise if they won't.

I doubt if that would a damaged ECU, unless water went inside or anything similar. I maybe wrong but have you tried to disconnect the battery and connect again? I tried that on my Golf once when I had an ECU error message, and it worked but back then it was occurred after I drove through a flash flood.
It wasn't driven through water at all, not even a waterlogged area. I did drive in the rain but I don't think that's causing any problems.

I'm beyond livid, it's been a week since I visited and my car's nowhere close to being diagnosed. I dropped an email to customer care VW and unfortunately their database had my location listed as my last location, I recieved a call from VW Panipat but have since shifted to another city. I told them to refer to my local dealership, dropped an email to VW for the same but no response.

Can anyone suggest who or what should I do from here? Should I make a team-bhp thread with details/pics/videos for traction? Perhaps a complaint on consumer grievance portal.

My new car is lying idle and I've to go out soon, it'd suck if I've to travel on my 11 y/o car because apparently that's more reliable than my 10 month old VW.
Old 7th August 2021, 16:59   #405

Hello guys ,
I am a proud owner of a Polo 1.0 tsi Sunset Red since the last 1 year . I have covered 15000 kms now .

Since the early days I have two issues with the car which I have over looked , since it didnot trouble me much and happens rarely . Just wanted to check with other Polo 1.0 tsi owners , if it's normal or not .

1. Bouncing idling ( happens rarely )
2. Weird slight rattling sound from front right suspension , I suspect top mount ( happens only at road joints )

Slight insight , I have tuned my car to stage 1 at 8500kms , car has totally changed and is very quick . But the bouncing idling issue is still there . I also have Racingline Stock replacement air filter and Racingline turbo bend pipe .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks