Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2021, 18:54   #421
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.0L TSI : Official Review

I booked with EVM Maradu. I shall try with the other one and phoenix as well. Thanks for the tip.
Rajiv Krishnan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 19:03   #422
BHPian

Folks I am planning to buy the Highline + AT version for my dad and have read a lot of reviews. Overall the impression I get is positive especially from the build quality and other factors as well. Now Lot of members have pointed out a common problem which might plague us which is the seating position. My dad is yet to take the TD for the same and decide on the seating position.

Apart from that anything else we should be aware of before making the jump (If at all) like the engine reliability or any other issues which we should be aware of beforehand. Can the members please share their reviews about the long term reliability of the AT gearbox or views on the so far ownership you guys have?

We do keep vehicles for long 10+ years and your views on the reliability and any niggles or issues will help us to make an informed decision.

My dad is not a pedal to the metal guy and drives sedately. AT is being considered purely out of convenience in long term.

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th August 2021, 18:23   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv Krishnan View Post
Are they allowed to go back on a booking in this manner? What are my options at this point?
I am in the same situation as you. I booked HLP AT after a couple of weeks of deliberation on 23rd July and the delivery was promised in 2nd week of August. After a few follow up calls, I have been told, just today that production of Polo is delayed due to focus on Taigun. The current promise is of delivery in 1st week of September. Looks like I have no other option than waiting. This is VW Whitefield in Bangalore.
Farukh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 18:43   #424
BHPian

Hey Farukh, it really is a sad state to be in, especially after having waited in anticipation for so long. It was a bigger problem for me as the loan was already approved and i have to start paying the emi regardless of whether i got the car or not. It is this point and the uproar i created because of this that they finally found me a car from some other dealership. Push the dealership to search for some car in inventory somewhere. You might have to compromise on the colour. But since the next batch of cars is only expected by October (according to what my dealer told me), I feel that there is no point in waiting.
Old 20th August 2021, 12:11   #425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohanf12 View Post
Hello guys ,
I am a proud owner of a Polo 1.0 tsi Sunset Red since the last 1 year . I have covered 15000 kms now .

Since the early days I have two issues with the car which I have over looked , since it didnot trouble me much and happens rarely . Just wanted to check with other Polo 1.0 tsi owners , if it's normal or not .

1. Bouncing idling ( happens rarely )
2. Weird slight rattling sound from front right suspension , I suspect top mount ( happens only at road joints )

Slight insight , I have tuned my car to stage 1 at 8500kms , car has totally changed and is very quick . But the bouncing idling issue is still there . I also have Racingline Stock replacement air filter and Racingline turbo bend pipe .
Hello guys ,
Can I please get a reply on my issue ?

Thank you
Old 21st August 2021, 22:07   #426
BHPian

Quote:
But since the next batch of cars is only expected by October (according to what my dealer told me), I feel that there is no point in waiting.
Hey Rajeev, thanks for the heads up! I'm in no hurry and can afford to wait. The car is a want and not need at the moment. In the meantime I can go back to reconsidering 4 th gen Honda City V. The price difference isn't much, but AT will make a difference. Do let us know about your delivery experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohanf12 View Post
Hello guys ,
Can I please get a reply on my issue ?

Thank you
May be you'll find an answer in modification/tuning threads.

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd August 2021 at 05:13. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 21st August 2021, 22:25   #427

@farukh , I have that issue even when my car was stock .
Old 22nd August 2021, 19:06   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
Wouldn't that be great

No, what this image means is that on the standard published rates for the extended warranties across VW cars, there is a 5,000 rupees discount going on right now. 5K is the benefit customers can get on the published rates.
LOL! Wishful thinking, but hope VW is listening
aan nhu mare? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 21:26   #429
BHPian

Today while reversing the 1.0 Polo TSI MT, the car started shaking and the EPC light came on. Moved the car in neutral and this still continued.

I switched the engine off and cranked it again. The shaking and EPC light disappeared. Drove the car for 25 kms and it was fine. Any explanation for this? Should I get it checked at VW ASS?
Old 24th August 2021, 11:27   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Folks I am planning to buy the Highline + AT version for my dad and have read a lot of reviews. Overall the impression I get is positive especially from the build quality and other factors as well. Now Lot of members have pointed out a common problem which might plague us which is the seating position. My dad is yet to take the TD for the same and decide on the seating position.

Apart from that anything else we should be aware of before making the jump (If at all) like the engine reliability or any other issues which we should be aware of beforehand. Can the members please share their reviews about the long term reliability of the AT gearbox or views on the so far ownership you guys have?

We do keep vehicles for long 10+ years and your views on the reliability and any niggles or issues will help us to make an informed decision.

My dad is not a pedal to the metal guy and drives sedately. AT is being considered purely out of convenience in long term.

Thanks in advance.
Guys any response would be appreciated.
Old 24th August 2021, 13:34   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
It will be hard to tell on the relaibility part as the engine is relatively new to India (Launched in 2020). I recently got the Highline AT+ In July and have clocked about 4500 KMs with no issues to report. As far as the AT is concerned, its the same autobox that did duty on the vento/rapid 1.6 MPI.
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 16:08   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
As far as the AT is concerned, its the same autobox that did duty on the vento/rapid 1.6 MPI.
I have been told that its a entirely new GB and not the one that did duty on the 1.6 MPI. I will leave it to the experts to comment.
Old 25th August 2021, 07:58   #433
BHPian

Quote:
...Finally, today he told me that due to the launch of the taigun, manufacturing of the polo has been stopped . Moreover, he said the sunset red colour has been discontinued...
Same experience at EVM. Had gone to check Vento a few weeks back. The reason for choosing Vento was VFM pricing for Highline and Sunset Red colour. Colour was probably one of the main reasons to consider Vento over Rapid.

The sales representative mentioned that Vento is getting discontinued and production has been stopped. It would be very difficult to source Red and they can only provide whatever is available in stock, or based on what VW despatches. On request for a test drive, the TD car wasn't available, and the representative offered me a TD car at home after a few days. It's been 3 weeks and I am yet to receive any sort of communication from them.
Old 25th August 2021, 16:09   #434
BHPian

That's mildly concerning. Did they say that production is being put on hold? Or that the Vento itself is being discontinued? The Vento successor might be introduced on the MQB A0 platform. How long before the Polo is replaced?
The Taigun is already only 4.2m long. Shave off another 200mm and the new 7th gen polo can be launched on the new platform. How long before that happens? Does it even make sense to buy a Polo/Vento now? So many questions. And yet neither VW nor their dealers will say anything. I also visited the Hyundai showroom the other day and saw the i20. It really puts into perspective how old the Polo really is. While the quality of materials is much better in the Polo, the i20 really looks modern and is much more spacious. They are bringing over the N line once test drives start and then i have to take a call on whether to stick with the Polo or switch.

Note from Support: Please proof-read before posting. Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 25th August 2021 at 17:01. Reason: Spacing. Random upper/lowercase fixed. See note.
Rajiv Krishnan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 19:53   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Today while reversing the 1.0 Polo TSI MT, the car started shaking and the EPC light came on. Moved the car in neutral and this still continued.

I switched the engine off and cranked it again. The shaking and EPC light disappeared. Drove the car for 25 kms and it was fine. Any explanation for this? Should I get it checked at VW ASS?
Dear all
Any inputs on the above will be very helpful. Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks