Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2024, 08:02   #1996
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This morning while on a short highway drive, the Engine light came up on the cluster and stays despite stopping and re-starting the car. Any ideas why ?
If this is engine oil icon that is blinking, then it’s due to not doing the reset during service . Anything else better contact the service centre
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 09:07   #1997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had the second service of my Harrier XZA+ #Dark edition done few months ago with Odo at 5.5k odd km.

This morning while on a short highway drive, the Engine light came up on the cluster and stays despite stopping and re-starting the car. Any ideas why ? Odo is at 6.5k km now.

The second service according to manual is 6.5-8k km but I had it done earlier due to the 6 month deadline. Is this now a service reminder since Odo is at 6.5k km?
Engine oil light cannot double up as a "service reminder".

Have you checked the oil level with the dipstick? If good, should be a faulty sensor, which is surprising at such a low mileage.

Last edited by KarthikK : 23rd February 2024 at 14:43. Reason: Quoted post edited
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 09:23   #1998
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
If this is engine oil icon that is blinking, then it’s due to not doing the reset during service . Anything else better contact the service centre
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
This is the light - as per the manual it is the “Engine malfunction” light, it doesn’t blink, just stays lit.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_2501.jpeg

Last edited by NPV : 21st February 2024 at 09:33.
Old 21st February 2024, 09:46   #1999
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
This is the light - as per the manual it is the “Engine malfunction” light, it doesn’t blink, just stays lit.
This is what happened with me for my 2020 Harrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
[b]Ownership Update(Oil pressure Warning in flash mode is service reminder in Harrier):[B/]
Yesterday while I was driving through a forest stretch post 8pm, a red oil pressure warning started flashing on the dash. I got worried, thought it's engine oil leakage as during service almost 5l went to the oil tank. So immediately stopped the car and called the service centre guys. They told me that a flashing sign is a service reminder indication and they forgot to reset it during the service. Normally service reminders are coming as either text or a spanner sign. I got it verified from Harrier ownership group.

Last edited by greyhound82 : 21st February 2024 at 09:48.
greyhound82 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 19:23   #2000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2574989
Just let the car be as is for couple of days, without unlocking the car, if possible. It will vanish on its own. Or else, it could be because of some fuel adulteration. Just run it for couple of days and it should go away on its own. If you see any difference in the behavior or the car or lose pickup, then get it checked at your service center.

Also, how is that you got your first service done at 5.5K kms? I hope you meant 2nd service, which is scheduled for 6 months from the date of purchase and at 7500Kms.

Last edited by fusionbang : 21st February 2024 at 19:25.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 14:31   #2001
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Drove the car to the service centre today.
On running diagnostics, found a memorised error - “NOX sensor wire failure”.

On inspecting the NOX coupler and harness, there wasn’t any cut or other visible damage, so it was just cleaned with some spray and fixed back. After this a 20 minute OBD routine was run to check other errors and clear this error.
Now that it has gone away, they’ve asked me to watch if it comes back after about 100-200km of highway driving (they expect it will not appear). If it does crop up again, the next course of action is probably to replace the NOX sensor.

***a new minor issue that has come up now is that Wireless Car Play doesn’t work, I’m able to pair with Bluetooth and play music though! This was working perfectly till the point they ran the OBD routine! Noticed after I reached home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Just let the car be as is for couple of days, without unlocking the car, if possible. It will vanish on its own. Or else, it could be because of some fuel adulteration. Just run it for couple of days and it should go away on its own. If you see any difference in the behavior or the car or lose pickup, then get Also, how is that you got your first service done at 5.5K kms? I hope you meant 2nd service, which is scheduled for 6 months from the date of purchase and at 7500Kms.
My bad, I did mean second service!

Last edited by NPV : 23rd February 2024 at 14:38.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 17:42   #2002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
***a new minor issue that has come up now is that Wireless Car Play doesn’t work, I’m able to pair with Bluetooth and play music though! This was working perfectly till the point they ran the OBD routine! Noticed after I reached home.
Glad to know, at least they were able to identify the root cause of the issue.

On the Wireless car play, are you able to go to Phone Settings and click on "Switch to CarPlay"? Some times it doesn't connect, you will have shut off the car completely, wait for 5 mins and then try to reconnect. Another option is to restart the infotainment, by holding the mute button for 15 seconds and then hold the source button on your steering wheel till you see Tata motors logo on the infotainment.

Also, when you get a chance can you mention the software version you have on your car? Mine is from April 2023 and it is pretty stable for me, minor issues will go away after a reboot. I am still hesitant to get the software updated to latest version.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 19:58   #2003
Senior - BHPian

TATA seems to have launched ambient lighting as a genuine accessory. Has anyone got it done to the older version of the car?

https://cars.tatamotors.com/accessor...u=885732002717

The image in this link has the steering wheel that is with the updated version of the car, however I don't think the vehicle in the picture is Harrier. I selected Harrier accessories and the above one pops up.
Old 25th February 2024, 12:32   #2004

Quote:

Have you checked the oil level with the dipstick? If good, should be a faulty sensor, which is surprising at such a low mileage.
No Brother, in Harrier, engine oil light does double up as service reminder. This happened on my 2021 Harrier XZA+ D as well, where post service, the light started blinking, went to TASS, and they said they had forgot to reset the service reminder, hence the blinking.
B58lover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2024, 19:38   #2005
BHPian

Recently dropped off Harrier for second service. The SA told there has been an update for the water pump ( the pump between engine block and coolant) as per his terms are to be replaced as advised by the company. There is no official updation or message from Tata. Has anyone else faced the same?
Aravind_M92 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 11:40   #2006
BHPian

Hi all ! Happy Holi !
I always found my ~31K run 2022 XZA automatic a bit sluggish in the gearbox, moving gears. I drove a friends XZA Dark edition and found the gear ratios much better and the gear shifts were much more linear/smooth with almost no lags noticed in the auto gearbox changing gears. Is there some settings or tuning that needs to be done from SA or elsewhere ? TIA !
Old 26th March 2024, 14:05   #2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravind_M92 View Post
Recently dropped off Harrier for second service. The SA told there has been an update for the water pump ( the pump between engine block and coolant) as per his terms are to be replaced as advised by the company. There is no official updation or message from Tata. Has anyone else faced the same?
Yes, I got call from SC one or two weeks after second service and they wanted to update the water pump assembly. But mine was already replaced due to a failure of the same in Nov'23. They checked the current part number and confirmed that it need not be changed. Mine is pre-facelift model, Sep23.

details in this post: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5733401 (Brand-new Tata Harrier breakdown | Just 3500 km on the odo)
asr_b500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2024, 15:40   #2008
BHPian

I have a December 2021 Harrier XZA+. December 2023, I gave it for 2 year service at 52000 km. Service was done and at the moment I took delivery of the car and started it, engine revved up to red line and then shut off. They initially thought it was a battery problem. But later it was found that some tooth in a camshaft gear broke. Car stayed in the service center for about a month and half till they got the required parts. Final parts changed were 1 camshaft, cam carrier, timing belt. I have 5 year extended warranty (and this incident happened a day before my 2 year warranty was to end). Camshaft and cam carrier were replaced free of charge. And I had to pay for the engine oil and timing belt.

Car was serviced at 6 month interval. (It was not with me from about 4 months of age till 1.5 years - and that was the duration in which it was used the most). I'm not sure if it was serviced according to kilometres.

I have run the car for about 6000 km since then including a 2000km road trip. And the car is as good as ever. I hope that the engine incident was a one time thing. And I'm taking care of the car personally from now on and have decided to get the engine oil changed at every 7500km.

I have a small doubt, can we ask tata service centre for printouts of all the service bills that happened since we bought the car?

I'd be glad to read the members comments about this particular issue.

(Aside, Tata service centre charges about 700-800 for a can of 5 litre DEF. I found that truck shops sell a 20 litre can of DEF for 1200. Both being TATA DEF. I bought a can, filled 10 litres in the car and kept the rest aside.)
Old 5th April 2024, 15:23   #2009
Senior - BHPian

Does carrying out Wheel Alignment / Balancing from reputed outside vendors create any issues with Harrier, pre facelift BS 6.2 models? With all the sensors and all, are there any calibrations required post an alignment check that the outside shops may not be able to perform? I would hesitate to have this done at the ASS, but if there is no option then will have to do it there.
Old 5th April 2024, 22:07   #2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Does carrying out Wheel Alignment / Balancing from reputed outside vendors create any issues with Harrier.
I also used to think that getting this stuff done from outside could be a hit or miss, and it is better to stick with TASS, but boy was I proven wrong, thanks to our hardworking men at TASS.

In two years, two services & two times alignment was done at TASS. But the number of visits post service for alignment were always more than one, as they always messed up the alignment.

When i confronted the manager about this recurring stupidity that is resulting in a royal waste of time, his response was, ''Saar, thoda bahut steering ko toh hilana padta hai, koi bhi gaadi straight thodi chalti hai, par aapke standard mai jaan gaya hoo ab, ke aapko perfect chaiye toh aapki gaadi next time perfect hogi'' (Saar, no car drives straight, you have to keep on twirling the steering, but now i know that you like perfectly straight alignment so next time my men will take extra care).

Result, the alignment was still messed up, lacking energy to go to TASS again, went to a reputed tire dealer in Pune (Darshan), where he found the alignment to be massively out, sorted it, car drives perfectly straight.

Moral : avoid TASS for everything except for service.

P.S.: The Harrier's hydraulic power steering is a real pain to align. The mechanic at the tire shop (with 30 years of alignment experience) told me that even the erstwhile Armada had a better system than the Hydraulic system in Harrier & Safari.
B58lover is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks