Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2023, 14:29   #1876
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Any suggestions on the AMC package? The one dealer has mentioned in price list is Gold AMC 30000km/2 years for Rs.39,995.
I think you should give this a skip. Reason being in 2 yrs there are only 2 major services each costing approx 11k, rest of them are all just usual checks not costing more than 5k. In the end you will still pay slightly lesser instead of 2 yrs AMC. This is purely from service perspective and no repairs.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 09:29   #1877
BHPian

I have a question about the Tata IRA app. I am not going to renew the subscription since I did not use it in the past year.
I want to know if the driving data is still being logged. I was not very comfortable with all my drives being recorded. I want to know if the car is still collecting the data and just restricting access to me.
If possible, I want to disable the whole module in the car. Any tips on how to go about it welcome.
Old 4th July 2023, 15:44   #1878
Senior - BHPian

Does Harrier display outside temperature anywhere? I could only see the AC temperate on both display units. Unable to find that in any settings either.
Old 4th July 2023, 16:29   #1879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Does Harrier display outside temperature anywhere? I could only see the AC temperate on both display units. Unable to find that in any settings either.
Outside temperature is displayed on the Instrument cluster. See the pic.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-instrument-cluster.jpg  

Old 4th July 2023, 18:25   #1880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Outside temperature is displayed on the Instrument cluster. See the pic.
Mine shows the AC temperature in that place. Is there a setting I am missing? Checked through the owners manual as well and I cannot seem to locate it.
Old 4th July 2023, 18:44   #1881
ike
BHPian

Ran into a weird issue, mentioned it in my ownership log as well. In a small road near my place a where two cars can barely pass, I was requested by an elderly gentleman driving the car that came opposite to switch off my lights for him to see better and I complied. After that when I turned it back on again, the DRLs wouldn't come on. I shut down the car and started her up again and it came back online.

On my recent drive from Chennai to Thrissur early in the morning, (I always keep wiper & headlamps in auto mode) I noticed that only one headlamp was on and the other was off. This was around 0615 when it was neither low light conditions nor had the sun come up fully. I stopped, got out of the car and saw that only the right side lamp was on. But by the time I took my phone out to click a pic, both headlamps were off. These issues haven't recurred since. Guess you have to learn to live with the car being cranky if you own a Tata.
Old 4th July 2023, 20:18   #1882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
If you have the 2023 model with the new instrument cluster, it should be there in the top right of the digital screen as shown in the picture below. 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_329.jpg
rahulcmoulee is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 21:47   #1883
BHPian

I have a question on duration displayed in metre:
Does it display duration when car :
1.) Is switched on and in motion
2.) Switched on every time
3.) On ignition mode

I am asking this because my harrier shows duration as 5 hours and only 56 kms covered in Trip A. I suspect my driver uses airconditioner of car when I am away. Please advise what does the duration signify.
Old 7th July 2023, 01:18   #1884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
I have a question on duration displayed in metre:
Does it display duration when car :
1.) Is switched on and in motion
2.) Switched on every time
3.) On ignition mode

I am asking this because my harrier shows duration as 5 hours and only 56 kms covered in Trip A. I suspect my driver uses airconditioner of car when I am away. Please advise what does the duration signify.
As far as I know it shows the duration of the how long the car is switched on.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 21:43   #1885
ike
BHPian

Anyone here that upgraded bulbs of the harrier with plug and play bulbs of the same wattage that are better than OEM(like an OSRAM night breaker laser or something)? Asking since I do not wish to mess with either the wiring or the headlamp unit. I know there wouldn't be a huge improvement but current headlights are grossly inadequate.
Old 11th July 2023, 07:59   #1886
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Anyone here that upgraded bulbs of the harrier with plug and play bulbs of the same wattage that are better than OEM(like an OSRAM night breaker laser or something)? Asking since I do not wish to mess with either the wiring or the headlamp unit. I know there wouldn't be a huge improvement but current headlights are grossly inadequate.
I upgraded the High beam and fog lamps in my Harrier with GPNE brand in Bangalore, costed around 8k. The fog lamps are quite good with dual colour. But still not satisfied with the high beams, I feel there is some obstructions in the throw. Yet to show to the vendor.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 06:22   #1887
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

A relative of mine is considering the Harrier, the XUV700, and the Hector as potential options for his next car, I am not sure if now is the right time to go for the Harrier considering there have been talks of a facelift coming in soon. Is the current Harrier worth it? or should I wait for the facelift? the engine noise of the diesel from outside is something he is not a fan of, the same is the case with the Compass as well.

Moreover, he is worried about going for a diesel too, so considering all this would it be a wise option to go for the Harrier now? or should we look at other options? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
bijims is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 08:08   #1888
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Is the current Harrier worth it? or should I wait for the facelift? the engine noise of the diesel from outside is something he is not a fan of, the same is the case with the Compass as well.

Moreover, he is worried about going for a diesel too, so considering all this would it be a wise option to go for the Harrier now? or should we look at other options? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
True, the Harrier facelift is due soon, tentative announcement in September. I would recommend waiting till September for the harrier. Regarding Diesel, I personally don't think it will be banned anytime soon, and it's more of a hype. I bought the Tucson Diesel two months back, and the engine is super silent & refined. If the budget permits, consider it as an option.
Old 16th July 2023, 11:46   #1889
MaG
BHPian

I own a May 2021 Tata Harrier XZA and clocked about 37700 kms on the odo. Since a month, I was able to hear a noise under the bonnet while the car used to pick up from a standstill position. I gave the car for minor service and mentioned the same to the dealer. Post-inspection, the advisor shared a photo and told me that there is a crack in the subframe. They sent a photo and video to Tata Motors and got approval to change the subframe under warranty.

Experts - please help me understand this as I’m very anxious. How can a subframe crack? The car operates mostly in perfect city conditions and highways. My 2nd car is a 2017 Ertiga with 153000+ kms on the odo driven in same conditions as a Harrier and never ever had any such issues. And then we talk about the build quality of Tata!!?

Last edited by Aditya : 17th July 2023 at 06:08. Reason: Capitalisation
MaG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 11:55   #1890
BHPian

Need a quick input from current Harrier owners..

I went for a test drive last week and found the hand rest completely unusable. It was the previous version and the SA told that it is better in the newer models. I wanted to check if this is true. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks