Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2020, 15:29   #376
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

An update on the keyfob tailgate button issue. The service engineer showed to me that the particular button only works outside the rf range of car (~10m). Pressing the button outside cars rf range will unlock just the tailgate (immobilizer will still be on). One can then use the button on tailgate to open the boot. I have verified this myself on my car. He emphasized that this was how it worked since beginning (2019 versions) and the same feature is present in Nexon as well.

He even contacted the chief engineer (for the svc) on the spot to confirm whether this was done in a later update or was there when the car was launched. Funny thing is I checked this button on the multiple TD vehicles and during the 2 PDIs in stockyard and at the time of delivery and it unlocked the boot every time, even with me standing near the boot to check whether it unlocks from the key.

Anyways thats how the key is behaving for my car now and I could confirm the same from some of the other owners as well.
AmitRavi07 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 16:15   #377
BHPian

Hey guys,
My friend has been facing a problem with the infotainment system in his Harrier which is an automatic transmission and has been bought just a week back. On switching off the car the info system starts flashing and it doesn't stop. The only added electrical accessory in the vehicle is a Dashcam by 70mai that too attached to the 12v cig lighter socket in the centre arm rest. I would appreciate if someone can inform me if they have had similar issues and what is the reason behind it, also whats the rectification process. The video is attached here with.
Thank you

Last edited by Kanboy : 6th November 2020 at 16:44. Reason: Correction in the information
Kanboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 18:08   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanboy View Post
Hey guys,
My friend has been facing a problem with the infotainment system in his Harrier which is an automatic transmission and has been bought just a week back. On switching off the car the info system starts flashing and it doesn't stop.
Oh wow, thats not something good.
Seems like something is wrong with the unit itself rather than the infotainment s/w.
Couple of questions:
1. What happens to the mid when the infotainment screen is flashing?
2. Does it happen every time the car is switched off?
3. Can your friend remove the dashcam and check whether the same issue is present, although this seems highly improbable, as I am using the same dashcam connected to the power socket.
4. Can you confirm the infotainment version - latest is 14.05
AmitRavi07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 20:24   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
the delivery experience was almost as underwhelming
The Car was sent to a detailing studio in Gurgaon for the ceramic coating and then only we realized that how incompetent Indian Car dealerships are in managing a black color car. The images sent by the detailing studio were nothing less than a horror story for the owner of new car.

We showed the certain issues to the dealership on the day of delivery, with the photos we escalated the matter to Tata.

The response was prompt, escalation was closed with free of cost extended warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201106-19.57.53.jpeg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201106-19.57.54-5.jpeg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201106-19.57.54.jpeg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201106-19.57.55.jpeg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201106-19.57.56-1.jpeg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201106-19.57.56-2.jpeg  

BANDHAV is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 07:29   #380
BHPian

Quote:
The images sent by the detailing studio were nothing less than a horror story for the owner of new car.

We showed the certain issues to the dealership on the day of delivery, with the photos we escalated the matter to Tata.

The response was prompt, escalation was closed with free of cost extended warranty.
Pardon my ignorance, but this is not clear. Are you saying that these scratch marks/sanding marks were present from the day of delivery but were not visible earlier and only became noticeable once the car was sent for detailing? Or is it something else?
Old 7th November 2020, 10:51   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rags.singh View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but this is not clear. Are you saying that these scratch marks/sanding marks were present from the day of delivery but were not visible earlier and only became noticeable once the car was sent for detailing? Or is it something else?
I PDIed the vehicle along with my BIL on friday prior to the sunday delivery, it was the basement of the dealership which was poorly lit. The space was rather cramped, I still made them move the car to relatively better lit part of the basement. I pointed few very obvious issues to them, they assured that those would go away during pre delivery cleaning.

As we took the delivery in the morning, sunlight was bright, few more issues like scratch on the bonnet, rear tail light trim, lots of watermarks became apperant. We pointed those out to dealership staff, in the standard fashion they promised to get these sorted during first service.

The real extent of the issue was realized only under the super bright lights, specifically designed for the purpose, of detailing studio.

Vehicle is in rather great shape now after the extensive detailing session. Let me get an after picture and post here for everyone's viewing pleasure.
BANDHAV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 12:15   #382
BHPian

Quote:

The real extent of the issue was realized only under the super bright lights, specifically designed for the purpose, of detailing studio.

Vehicle is in rather great shape now after the extensive detailing session. Let me get an after picture and post here for everyone's viewing pleasure.
Got it. When I had gone for the first PDI, the vehicle was in the basement. I insisted on checking the same in sun light and after some resistance they agreed to bring it up. Found some paint issues as a result and they decided to allot a different car. Second time around, they had already brought up the car and I was able to check it in sun light. I am sure that under the lights of the detailers more faults will become visible.

Do share pictures of the car after detailing. I am in 2 minds whether to go for any coating or not.
rags.singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 16:22   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitRavi07 View Post
Oh wow, thats not something good.
Seems like something is wrong with the unit itself rather than the infotainment s/w.
Couple of questions:....
Hey AmitRavi,
We are hoping its just the software rather than the entire unit. To answer your queries.
1. MID was normal
2. This was the second time on the very same day which was the 15th day of ownership
3. I recommended the same thing which he has to try still. The original power wire for the dashcam was short and did not reach the centre console after concealing it, so we bought a 3.0 usb male to female wire to extend the range, the wire after being attached was not working properly and only the dashcam was flashing, so we found another wire which was compatible with the dashcam wire and hooked it up and the dashcam worked. But a day after this, the infotainment problem appeared. Off topic May I know how did you conceal your dashcam wire?
4. Yes it is confirmed its the 14.05 version picture attached.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img20201107wa0006.jpg  

Old 7th November 2020, 16:44   #384
BHPian

Quote:
The Car was sent to a detailing studio in Gurgaon for the ceramic coating and then only we realized that how incompetent Indian....
Ohh that hurts...those are atrocious to have on a new car. I think more than the dealer its a TATA thing. We found the right side of my friend's Harrier had paint sprayed on top of the clear coat making it feel rough and grainy, had to get the detailer to use compound on it before we coated it with ceramic, but still he couldn't get the panel completely silky smooth as he didn't want to damage the paint or burn the edges. We had visited the dealer's yard, the day it was unloaded and the new car detailing and delivery are on site having no paint set up around. I would love to see the after pics of your car, as I noticed the red, blue , green pearls in the TATA Black paint looked beautiful at the dealership.
Kanboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 16:52   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rags.singh View Post
Do share pictures of the car after detailing. I am in 2 minds whether to go for any coating or not.
Mate, for your and other's reference, Images of car after detailing session.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201107-13.43.04.jpeg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201107-13.43.05-1.jpeg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201107-13.43.05-2.jpeg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201107-13.43.05.jpeg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201107-13.43.06.jpeg  

Last edited by BANDHAV : 7th November 2020 at 16:55.
BANDHAV is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 17:24   #386
BHPian

Quote:
3. I recommended the same thing which he has to try still. The original power wire for the dashcam was short and did not reach the centre console after concealing it, so we bought a 3.0 usb male to female wire to extend the range, the wire after being attached was not working properly and only the dashcam was flashing, so we found another wire which was compatible with the dashcam wire and hooked it up and the dashcam worked. But a day after this, the infotainment problem appeared. Off topic May I know how did you conceal your.
Do you mean that the first extension cable caused flashing in the dashcam itself?
This could have somehow affected the socket or the charger. Anyways if this condition started happening after dashcam was connected, probably infotainment unit is ok and its some other electrical component that has gone for a toss, hopefully the charger.

Mine is 70Mai Dashcam pro, and I took this path - driver side A-pillar - outer side of dashboard - underneath the steering wheel console - along the side of center console - connects to socket underneath armrest.
The wire is not completely invisible, but, stays outside of my view mostly and the length is enough to easily reach the whole way.
Old 7th November 2020, 18:06   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would love to see the after pics of your car, as I noticed the red, blue , green pearls in the TATA Black paint looked beautiful at the dealership.
Studio sent us a video after the completion of work, I can't tell you how ecstatic I was after seeing those prism effect flakes in the paint.

In the kind of condition Tata dealership delivered the car, one would end up believing that it is solid black color and not metallic.
BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 20:29   #388
BHPian

I got my XZA day before yesterday. The entire buying experience was quite smooth and professional. But at the same time, bare-bones and minimalist, especially the delivery part. Underwhelming is an understatement!
Went for a slightly long trip today and completed over 400kms. Driving been smooth and truly impressive. Yet to get familiarized with many things on the car. Clicked some photos on the way.
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-photo1.jpg

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-photo2.jpg
rsanthosh is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 07:10   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsanthosh View Post
I got my XZA day before yesterday.
Congratulations on your new car. The white looks very nice with the blacked roof. This is equally good looking and subtle as compared to the RED or Black editions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSingh View Post
I faced a very unusual situation last week. I was driving the Harrier (automatic) in city traffic of Chennai and suddenly, the malfunction indication lamp came ON .
I had the same issue in my Hexa and the Service advisor took 2 tries to resolve this. I hope you can enjoy your car and just move on from this one time small glitch. In my case the connector behind clutch needed to be adjusted, very small 15 mins job but just had to visit a few times.
swarnava.ch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 12:21   #390
BHPian

Ownership Update

Done 7500 km checkup. The major service is at 15000km or one year . Following are the things that had done under this service
1. Filled DEF fluid
2. A small part of the fendor lining has fallen off during our trip from Kerala . I saw this after reaching Bhopal
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-1547f021924d463a9f758ae5ef730850.jpeg

Yesterday I got first scratch on driver side rear door . No idea how it happened , but it was not there when I parked it and seems this happened at night . Please give me some suggestions on the removal of the same
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-49b1289ae4b34bcd8a41aa436456eb7a.jpeg

I am parking the car like this and kindly give some suggestions to avoid something like this in future
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-87fa3661e51243af91bc80074f1a8111.jpeg
greyhound82 is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed