Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2020, 14:44   #526
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
Need your advice folks:

Question: I am confused whether to wait till Jan/Feb for any update on Harrier or go ahead with purchase this month. I am planning to keep it for more than 5 years at least so mfg year 2020 is not a concern for me (from resale value point of view). Also, whether the said update will be significant to justify the price hike (if any) and forgo the year end discount?
Buy the car now. Connected car features may come next month, may come later. But it will not be niggle free in the beginning, that's for sure.
So getting a niggle free car is 1 year from now, at the earliest.

You are are getting a good deal. You won't get it later.

And I can guarantee, that 1 year from today, there's going to be many competent companies offering good quality aftermarket connected car features. You can get one then.
Big Smoke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 18:33   #527
Senior - BHPian

In any case, driving a car like the Harrier will make you feel unconnected to the digital world. A drivers car should be an ideal digital detox. I am hardly using one or two features from the supposed 50 features of Bluelink in the Creta.
fhdowntheline is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 14:18   #528
BHPian

Hello fellow Harrier owners and members,

My name is Harsha, I'm a long time "lurker" within the forum, but have never even posted anything. I'm looking to purchase a replacement for my ageing VW Jetta mk6. I was considering the Skoda Karoq, But I was told that the stocks are all sold out. I'm strongly considering the Tata Harrier Automatic and have booked a Test Drive for tomorrow. If all goes as planned, will book the car in the coming week.

Best Wishes to all,
Dr. Harsha Vardhan
Harsha89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 15:31   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
Booked The Tata Harrier on behalf of my father yesterday.
UPDATE - 1

The Engine and Chassis number has been processed from the Tata plant yesterday. Decoded the VIN number, it is a December 2020 manufactured car.
Processing of this VIN number took 6 days from date of booking, much shorter than the dealer estimated time of about 14 days. As per the dealer, the car would be in transit for 10 days.

Dealer also asked me to make the remaining payment now. I told him that I would do the final payment only after I do the PDI of the car in their stockyard. So the dealer told me to make some partial payment.
I plan to pay a bit more than 50% of the total price as of yet. Will make the payment only after the dealer approaches me again.

Stay Strong.
Big Smoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 16:15   #530
BHPian

My dealer is not giving me any discount once I told him I will get my own insurance. He is also making me worry about the upcoming price hike in January.

Anyone has any insights around the price hike? If there are no discounts being given to me for the year end model, I might as well get a new one next year. Thoughts?

According to TML, they will always introduce something new every 2 months hence expecting something to launch in January. I so wish, they just give the sun roof in XZA and introduce connected tech and all that jazz in XZA+. I will buy XZA and save 1.5 big ones.
Old 19th December 2020, 17:49   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
My dealer is not giving me any discount once I told him I will get my own insurance. He is also making me worry about the upcoming price hike in January.

Anyone has any insights around the price hike? If there are no discounts being given to me for the year end model, I might as well get a new one next year. Thoughts?

According to TML, they will always introduce something new every 2 months hence expecting something to launch in January. I so wish, they just give the sun roof in XZA and introduce connected tech and all that jazz in XZA+. I will buy XZA and save 1.5 big ones.
Was looking at the XZA, though it lacks the sunroof. Absolutely no response from KHT motors Domlur-BLR, even after callback and reminder from Tata Motors.
Old 19th December 2020, 19:27   #532
BHPian

I've just completed the test drive. My Impressions :

> Engine is refined at idle and only a bare minimum noise is heard in the cabin
> Acceleration, both from stand still and in-gear is very good in comfort mode itself, I thought probably around 10.5-10.8 sec to 100 km/hr.
> Sport mode is seriously impressive and the vehicle just flies, need to be careful to not use it in busy roads
> Most won't need anything more than comfort mode for normal driving.
> Steering weighs up well, but slightly over-responsive. Only enthusiastic drivers maybe bothered by it, since I felt during relaxed driving, it didn't bother me much.
> Brakes have a bit of travel before they engage and also feel slightly spongy. But they work effectively, so no complaints at all.
> Lights, AC and all other peripherals are very good.
> Special mention to the seats, which are well bolstered and comfortable esp. around lumbar region.
> I'm a confessed audiophile, with a collection of headphones and monitor speakers, and I can confidently say the audio system is tuned excellently.
> Overall build quality is very good indeed, doors have good weight, panels are well made and everything feels tough and durable. Coming from a German car, I may miss the last 10-15% of solidity, but I can manage without it.
> My only concern during my drive was, there was a vertical pitching over undulations, and didn't feel flat at all. At times, I felt a bit nauseous. Of course, it may be so due to the SUV platform, but coming from a low slung, flat riding sedan, it was a bit disconcerting indeed. I hope it was due to raised tyre pressure or something, because I truly hope a new car rides flatter. I would be happy, to hear the owners pitch in their opinion on this matter.

So overall, I'm very happy with the car, and plan to book it in the coming week.
Regards,
Dr. Harsha
Harsha89 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 21:40   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Was looking at the XZA, though it lacks the sunroof. Absolutely no response from KHT motors Domlur-BLR, even after callback and reminder from Tata Motors.
You can go ahead and call them. Tata Motors dealers aren’t exactly known for pampering their customers. The product itself is worth the effort of chasing down the dealers for everything. If you have decided, just get the car and enjoy it!
Old 20th December 2020, 23:01   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Absolutely no response from KHT motors Domlur-BLR, even after callback and reminder from Tata Motors.
With Tata dealers, it is a hit or miss. If you are seriously considering Harrier, visit the showroom. My experience with KHT motors Brookefield was good. The Sales person was very responsive.
Old 20th December 2020, 23:30   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
> My only concern during my drive was, there was a vertical pitching over undulations, and didn't feel flat at all. At times, I felt a bit nauseous. Of course, it may be so due to the SUV platform, but coming from a low slung, flat riding sedan, it was a bit disconcerting indeed. I hope it was due to raised tyre pressure or something, because I truly hope a new car rides flatter. I would be happy, to hear the owners pitch in their opinion on this matter.

So overall, I'm very happy with the car, and plan to book it in the coming week.
I would suggest take a longer test drive, preferably both in city and on highway, before deciding on the car, you don't want to have it and feel nauseous on drives.
I have not felt any issues with the way Harrier handles the otherwise back-breaking roads. I have not faced any issues going through hilly regions or managing the hairpins, even with my wife and kid present through such drives. Compared to my Dzire, where even I would start feeling nauseous driving around in hilly regions all day, I don't even feel fatigued on the same routes with Harrier.

Hopefully, the issue you faced is a fluke!! All the best
AmitRavi07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 07:30   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitRavi07 View Post
I would suggest take a longer test drive, preferably both in city and on highway, before deciding on the car, you don't want to have it and feel nauseous on drives.
I have not felt any issues with the way Harrier handles the otherwise back-breaking roads. I have not faced any issues going through hilly regions or managing the hairpins, even with my wife and kid present through such drives. Compared to my Dzire, where even I would start feeling nauseous driving around in hilly regions all day, I don't even feel fatigued on the same routes with Harrier.

Hopefully, the issue you faced is a fluke!! All the best
I too am hopeful it was a one-time experience with the TD car and a new one would be better. I have decided to go ahead with the booking anyway, since the car as a package is very impressive. It's the closest one can get, in terms of a driver's SUV for the price. A lot of reviewers had said about average NVH levels, but personally I found it to be very good. Even on accelerating at 70-90 km/hr, the engine noise was very well controlled, If I remember right, slightly better than a Jeep Compass, but that was back in 2019. I will be going for a Celeste Grey DT XZA+. Thanks for your advice

Regards,
Dr.Harsha
Old 21st December 2020, 08:27   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
> My only concern during my drive was, there was a vertical pitching over undulations, and didn't feel flat at all. At times, I felt a bit nauseous. Of course, it may be so due to the SUV platform, but coming from a low slung, flat riding sedan, it was a bit disconcerting indeed.
Sedan to SUV would take a bit of time to get used to. I felt the same issues when I bought a cross over after largely driving a sedan before it. The ride height may well be double that of a Jetta. You'll slowly but surely come to terms with the height and the inevitable body roll of an SUV. You should be fine. A good choice to go with the Harrier.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 21st December 2020 at 08:30.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 08:32   #538
BHPian

Quote:
I too had felt the same in the TD car and it had almost become a deal breaker for me. So after 2 test drives on the same car, I decided to take one more shorter test drive on a different car. And the issue didn't exist in that car. I have driven about 1000 km so far in my new Harrier and happy to report that haven't found this issue in my new car. It was a TD car specific issue.
rags.singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 09:21   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
UPDATE - 1

The Engine and Chassis number has been processed from the Tata plant yesterday. Decoded the VIN number, it is a December 2020 manufactured car.
Processing of this VIN number took 6 days from date of booking, much shorter than the dealer estimated time of about 14 days. As per the dealer, the car would be in transit for 10 days.

Dealer also asked me to make the remaining payment now. I told him that I would do the final payment only after I do the PDI of the car in their stockyard. So the dealer told me to make some partial payment.
I plan to pay a bit more than 50% of the total price as of yet. Will make the payment only after the dealer approaches me again.

Stay Strong.
Wow, that is a quick turnaround. Its been 8 days for me, and I still do not have any updates on the car itself. I am hoping to hear from the dealer this week on vehicle despatch hopefully
Old 21st December 2020, 19:52   #540
BHPian

First niggle faced at 1300 kms on our trip to Kodai. While it was a breeze to drive automatic in the winding roads up hill, all of the displays went out for about 5 seconds in between a drive to a nearby place of interest. Infotainment system, mid and the instrument cluster lights went out and came to life within 5-6 seconds. Though it was scary to see them turning off, it never happened again after that.
Turbo_head is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks