Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2021, 13:15   #676
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Can anyone kindly share a photo of the handbrake in Harrier.

After reading multiple posts about the handbrake, curious to see how it's positioned in the car and how is it different from conventional hand brakes in other cars.

Could not see exclusive picture even in official review.
I would suggest you either do a test drive or have a look at some one's Harrier and try the handbrake operation yourself. Videos or pictures may not be substitutes for physical feeling and personal preferences and levels of comfort
Old 3rd February 2021, 19:14   #677
BHPian

Need help in deciding between Hyundai Creta SX(O) DCT 1.4 Turbo petrol and Tata Harrier XZA+ (DT) diesel. I know the comparison is a bit odd, but the choice is due to availability issues.
Old 3rd February 2021, 19:21   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityaya View Post
Need help in deciding between Hyundai Creta SX(O) DCT 1.4 Turbo petrol and Tata Harrier XZA+ (DT) diesel.
Better if you can explain the requirements in detail
I will select Creta if it’s more city usage and Harrier for touring that involves smooth tarmac and country roads
Old 3rd February 2021, 19:41   #679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need help in deciding between Hyundai Creta SX(O) DCT 1.4 Turbo petrol and Tata Harrier XZA+ (DT) diesel. I know the comparison is a bit odd, but the choice is due to availability issues.
Both are great cars in their own ways. Creta is more city friendly, yet carries the same no of pax and luggage as the Harrier. It also has more features including a better ICE interface although the Harrier also has the essentials covered. The 1.4 DCT will provide you more immediate power in most situations ( at least perceived power). The Harrier will give a bit more robust feeling on bad roads, although both are more or less at par with respect to soft roading. But I am curious-Are you sure of getting a Creta in a short period of time?
Old 3rd February 2021, 19:53   #680
BHPian

Test drove the Harrier today.

The dealer arranged for a test drive car and visited my home which is about 25 kms away from the TASS. Asked for a test drive car on 1st and they got it home on 2nd.

This was my first time driving an automatic and now I know what I've missed. The TC box+2.0 Multijet/Kryotec is a perfect match. The Harrier decimated our rural broken roads with ease and climbed the inclines without skipping a beat Tested out the Hill Hold Control too.

Booking a Harrier XZA+ (Orcus White DT) this week

Here's a picture of the test drive car.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-20210202_130621.jpg  

The Riddler is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 20:41   #681
BHPian

Quote:
If budget is not an issue, go for the Harrier Automatic. You will simply love the Harrier and is a great all-rounder. I feel there is no comparison between the Harrier and Creta, the Harrier is a segment above SUV and not a pseudo crossover. It feels big but is definitely not that big of an issue to drive in the city.

I have done my research for last one month and have finalised to go with Harrier Automatic DT. Just confused between red and white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
Test drove the Harrier today.

The dealer arranged for a test drive car and visited my home which is about 25 km away from the TASS. Asked for a test drive car on 1st and they got it home on 2nd.

This was my first time driving an automatic and now I know what I've missed. The TC box+2.0 Multijet/Kryotec is a perfect match. The Harrier decimated our rural broken roads with ease and climbed the inclines without skipping a beat Tested out the Hill Hold Control too.

Booking a Harrier XZA+ (Orcus White DT) this week

Here's a picture of the test drive car.
Hearty congratulations on booking the Harrier. I am in the same boat as well and will be booking shortly.

Btw, did you feel any vibrations or shuddering while braking hard from high speeds in the test drive car? I test drove two cars, the automatic had heavy shuddering during hard braking and the manual did have slight vibrations while braking. But I did check with 4 owners so far and none of them has any such issues. So I'm assuming the test drive cars are probably pre-production cars and Tata might have worked on the final production cars?

Last edited by Venku2015 : 3rd February 2021 at 20:43.
Venku2015 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 21:14   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
Btw, did you feel any vibrations or shuddering while braking hard from high speeds in the test drive car? I test drove two cars, the automatic had heavy shuddering during hard braking and the manual did have slight vibrations while braking. But I did check with 4 owners so far and none of them has any such issues. So I'm assuming the test drive cars are probably pre-production cars and Tata might have worked on the final production cars?
Hello Venku2015,

I only drove the automatic XZA+ variant and I did not experience any shuddering during hard braking. I felt the brakes to be a little spongy - maybe its due to the reason that I drive a Punto which has amazing brake bite, but Harrier did stop without any drama. The test drive vehicle (September 2020 model) was in top shape and everything was working as expected.

Last edited by The Riddler : 3rd February 2021 at 21:15. Reason: Small typo
The Riddler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 22:14   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Since you are already posting in this thread, looks like you want to be persuaded to buy Harrier . Anyways, IMO if budget is not a constraint, harrier all the way, no comparison to Creta, both are in a different segment all together.
If its just the waiting period that has put you off Creta, then, I would suggest to go for Creta. One long TD should be enough for you to finalize which one you want.
AmitRavi07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 09:00   #684

Quote:
I was on the same dilemma couple of months back, let me tell you how it turned out. But, before that, I'll tell you a short story of me and my love for TML

Few years back, I was in the market to buy a hatchback which would be my first car, and I had a tight budget around 7-8 L, after narrowing down all the choices it came to either i10 grande or Tiago XZ diesel, I ended up buying Tiago after multiple test drives and it was a little bit lighter on the pocket too, when compared to i10 grande.

My car was from one of the initial batches of Tiago, and it did have some panel gaps, quality issued in interior plastics. But over the period of time, I just got used to it and I enjoyed my everyday commute to office, short trips and occasional touring(1200km max). I was getting good mileage and fortunately had a good service advisor who helped maintain the car.

One fine day, on Sept 13th 2018, the day which I'll never forget in my life, a very unexpected thing happened. I was on a bad jet lag and very tired on my way back to home from office, there is this flyover near the BDA complex in HSR Layout in BLR, and I had peacefully dozed off when driving downhill for like 10-15s or so, car was on no-pilot mode and ended up banging a stationary bus from behind (I was at a decent 40-50kmh). I walked out without a single scratch, strong build quality and airbags saved me that day.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20180914_102955.jpg

From that day onwards, I just have immense respect towards TML for building such safe cars even for such low prices.

Back to present day, I wanted to upgrade to SUV and I was contending on seltos / creta, never was considering harrier as it was 5L over my budget

I had decided to book 1.5L IVT SX(O) after couple of test drives, even finalised on delivery date,
and then it all changed when I test drove harrier (unplanned, had gone to get my Tiago serviced).

I went for test drive on Hosur Road in Kropex motors, First of all the looks got me mesmerised, and then it drove like a dream, that automatic gear shifts just didn't stop me from smiling ear to ear, the sports mode made my heart skip a beat, I'm not exaggerating even a bit of it. I started to like everything in that car, every detail on that car felt like, it was made just for me
  • Vertical AC vents on rear
  • Additional boot space below the mat(to hide all your car care products)
  • I loved the color Camo, and that huge sunroof
  • I felt like that driver seat was made to order for me, just perfect

Missing out on connected car tech, electronic parking brake, rear disc brakes and those ventilated seats didn't even bother me, I believe that these things will not matter in long run, it just the way it drives matters

A lot of people in this thread have covered on what makes harrier what it is, with all technical details, but some of above mentioned nitty-gritty things which makes ownership experience take it to the next level had me in.

I went the very next weekend and booked a harrier, camo edition XZA+, I fixed the delivery day too, it's 14th Feb for my new love in life (with my wife's approval ofcourse)

The End

This is my first post, please pardon any rookie mistakes
Upamanyu is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 09:03   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
I want to ask the owners of harrier, how inconvenient is the handbrake? Why is there so much complaint about it?
I got my harrier a week back. No complaints about the handbrake (not sure why there is so much angst about it in every review) - infact I like the design.
pc73 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 18:09   #686
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians.

Just confirmed from my sources that Tata is most likely holding off from giving the connected car features in the Harrier for the time being. The reason being that they want to have some differentiating features between the Safari and the Harrier.

If this is indeed the case then it's a really sorry state of affairs at Tata as they seem to be doing what they did with the Hexa feature deletion saga so as to avoid any cross shopping between the Harrier and the Hexa before eventually killing the Hexa. Also since the infotainment system is the same in both the cars, what is stopping Tata from having these features in the Harrier?

So it is most likely that these features won't be made available on the Harrier in the next few months. So fence sitters may go ahead with their purchase of the Harrier if they don't want to wait too long and/or don't value the connected features much.

Will update the launch timeframe of these features on the Harrier as and when I get some concrete info
ram87pune is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 18:15   #687
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

Just confirmed from my sources that Tata is most likely holding off from giving the connected car features in the Harrier for the time being. The reason being that they want to have some differentiating features between the Safari and the Harrier.
More important than connected features is rear disc brakes. If this is added, it would be great.
BoneCollector is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 19:45   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

If this is indeed the case then it's a really sorry state of affairs at Tata as they seem to be doing what they did with the Hexa feature deletion saga so as to avoid any cross shopping between the Harrier and the Hexa before eventually killing the Hexa. Also since the infotainment system is the same in both the cars, what is stopping Tata from having these features in the Harrier?

So it is most likely that these features won't be made available on the Harrier in the next few months. So fence sitters may go ahead with their purchase of the Harrier if they don't want to wait too long and/or don't value the connected features much.

Will update the launch timeframe of these features on the Harrier as and when I get some concrete info
Thanks for the update Ram. I'm going ahead with my booking for a Harrier XZA+ (Orcus White DT) tomorrow. Honestly, will not miss the connected tech much, though I'd have preferred rear disc brakes on the Harrier. Never mind, I test drove it a few days back and loved it.
The Riddler is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 20:23   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitRavi07 View Post
Yes, it was the same with me as well, I took it during my 1st service from svc as the EW can be booked till 60 days from date of purchase for the price mentioned earlier in this thread. After 60 days you will have to pay extra for the same EW.
I just got a tax invoice on Tata Motors letter head (soft copy via email from dealer). Is this the only document for extended warranty (sales person claims so) ? It does not mention the terms of warranty (inclusions/exclusions) - just an invoice for amount paid and mention of 3 year EW (no mention of unlimited miles which was advertised during purchase). When I bought my previous car (VW), I got a EW booklet with details of terms and conditions of EW.

Last edited by pc73 : 4th February 2021 at 20:32.
Old 5th February 2021, 08:53   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc73 View Post
I just got a tax invoice on Tata Motors letter head (soft copy via email from dealer). Is this the only document for extended warranty (sales person claims so) ? It does not mention the terms of warranty (inclusions/exclusions) - just an invoice for amount paid and mention of 3 year EW (no mention of unlimited miles which was advertised during purchase). When I bought my previous car (VW), I got a EW booklet with details of terms and conditions of EW.
There is an EW booklet which contains the details of the warranty, date of purchase, etc and dealer stamp as well.
AmitRavi07 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks