Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2021, 19:46   #781
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAbtCars View Post
The alloy wheel design looks to be from the BSIV model. IIRC, the alloy wheel design was changed in the BSVI model. The design is same in all models only it was blacked out in Dark & Camo edition. Has Tata gone back to older design or the design change is limited only to XZ+ / XZA+ models.

That design is only for the XZ+ and XZA+ models. Th other models like the XZ and XT, XT+ come with the Bs4 alloys.
Candy$Cars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 22:09   #782

Thanks for the reassuring message. Waiting to get my hands on the beauty.

Also once I booked I see lot many Harriers on the road now. The SA also told that the numbers have picked up now
alextekno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 12:46   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Thank you!

Ofcourse, the road presence of dark harrier is unparalleled, or to be honest, paralleled on road by a very very few iconic designs like the new thar
A noob query, do black cars attract higher heat inside?

Last edited by BlackPearl : 19th March 2021 at 17:01. Reason: Minor typo. Thanks.
Old 19th March 2021, 13:21   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
Absolutely! Unless the AC isn't strong enough in the car being considered, expect to sweat it out for a longer duration than you're comfortable with.

Last edited by Sheel : 19th March 2021 at 18:00. Reason: Quoted post is edited. Thanks.
Old 19th March 2021, 13:42   #785
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I guess so. But I also read that solid black absorbs more heat than the metallic black. Not really sure if it's factually correct.

Last edited by Sheel : 19th March 2021 at 18:00. Reason: Quoted post is edited. Thanks.
Old 20th March 2021, 20:19   #786
BHPian

Took delivery of my Harrier XZA+ today. Booked on 5th February and delivered on 20th March. My earlier drive was a Punto 90HP which did its duties faithfully for 9 years 7 months to be precise. I'm already missing it

Attached here is the picture from delivery. I'd rate my experience with Tata Motors as above average. My SA was honest in his dealings and catered to my various requests. Gifted him a nice watch as I left the showroom and thanked him.

The car is a beast to drive. I'm loving the view from the driver's seat. Truly feels #Above All
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-thumbnail_20210320_112216.jpg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-thumbnail_20210320_122259-1.jpg  

The Riddler is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 21:43   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextekno View Post
Thanks for the reassuring message. Waiting to get my hands on the beauty.

Also once I booked I see lot many Harriers on the road now. The SA also told that the numbers have picked up now
Happened to me also after I booked my Harrier, sales have indeed picked up especially after the introduction of Automatic transmission.

P.S changed my booking from XZ to XZA.
Old 20th March 2021, 21:47   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are two terminologies in science viz; Absorptivity and Reflectivity.

Absorptivity is the property of a body which determines how much incident radiation I.e the radiation that falls on the body the body absorbs.

Reflectivity is the property of a body which determines how much incident radiation the body reflects.

A perfectly black body has 1 Absorptivity as it absorbs all the radiation falling onto it and Zero Reflectivity while a perfectly white body has Zero Absorptivity and 1 Reflectivity as it reflects all the radiation falling onto it.

So basically this means that as we move towards darker colours, the radiation absorption progressively increases and reflection reduces. As we get to the black colour all the radiation is absorbed which is turned into heat energy and thus in our case cars with black colour tend to get hotter than white or lighter shade ones.

Infact I remember a few years back AutoBild India had conducted a test in which they had parked 2 cars one black and one white both being the same model, under the scorching summer sun for a few hours and had measured their cabin temperatures at the beginning of the test and at the end and guess what there was a huge 8 degrees difference between the cabin temperatures of the two cars.

Enough of science lesson now let's get on with discussing the Harrier
ram87pune is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 21:48   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
Took delivery of my Harrier XZA+ today. Booked on 5th February and delivered on 20th March. My earlier drive was a Punto 90HP which did its duties faithfully for 9 years 7 months to be precise. I'm already missing it

Attached here is the picture from delivery. I'd rate my experience with Tata Motors as above average. My SA was honest in his dealings and catered to my various requests. Gifted him a nice watch as I left the showroom and thanked him.

The car is a beast to drive. I'm loving the view from the driver's seat. Truly feels #Above All
Congratulations!
Wishing you a safe, enjoyable and fuss free ownership and post a detailed review if possible..
Old 21st March 2021, 12:46   #790

Ok, so got my Tata Harrier yesterday.

I had gone through the PDI checklist and went through all the points

The Form 22 showed it as Feb 2021 date. So no issues there.

The vehicle came with Appollo Apterra H2 tyres so I am not sure how long it will last or whether its a good choice as I hear that the OEM tyres are always not that good. Also not much idea about Appollo as I always went with Bridgestone or Good year in my other cars.

The SA told me that wheel balancing and alignment is already done and tyres have normal air. Anyway I took it to my regular guy and saw that balancing wedges are places in tyres and so we didnt redo it. However alignment was not at all done and so we did it and I replaced normal air with Nitrogen. As the PDI checklist said the tyres were over inflated at 36PSI although the suggested one is 33. I went for 32 just to be more comfortable.

Ok now for the ride part. It is indeed a good car and I am really happy with the comfort and ease of driving. The auto gear is really smooth and I am happy with even the Eco mode as it gets the job done. There is a steep gradient at my parents place for almost 800 m and the car went up smoothly in Eco mode.

The view from the seat is really good and it feels like a well grounded car and we are in control.

It is indeed a big car and maybe bigger than I expected. I now see that it is just 20 cm less in length than the Fortuner.

The only extra thing I asked was for front sensors and now I see that they placed only 2 and I would have liked to have 2 covering the front corners also.

Hope in the coming days I will get used to the size of the car and will be able to go through all the features and get settled.

Looking forward to a long drive with family now

And here is a picture of the buddy.
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-car.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 25th March 2021 at 03:00. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
alextekno is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 20:55   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextekno View Post
It is indeed a big car and maybe bigger than I expected. I now see that it is just 20 cm less in length than the Fortuner.

The only extra thing I asked was for front sensors and now I see that they placed only 2 and I would have liked to have 2 covering the front corners also.
20cm less length than Fortuner but wider than Endeavour by few cms

How does the front sensors work ? Is it audio only feedback or display anything in the infotainment ?

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd March 2021 at 22:58. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Turbo_head is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 22:37   #792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_head View Post
How does the front sensors work? Is it audio only feedback or display anything in the infotainment?
It is just audio only.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th March 2021 at 02:59. Reason: Quote added. Punctuation added.
Old 24th March 2021, 22:02   #793
BHPian

Is there any news of discounts being offered on the Harrier?
Old 24th March 2021, 22:43   #794
BHPian

In fact, on the other hand, in line with the market trend, there may be a possibility of price increase for Harrier, Nexon, Altroz from early April 2021 based on substantial input cost. rise for all car manufacturers.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th March 2021 at 02:59. Reason: Spacing fixed.
Amazing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 13:30   #795
BHPian

That might push more people towards the Creta (considering that prices rise proportionately for the Creta as well) since the difference between the top end Creta and Harrier OTR price is significant. Buyers may not want to go higher on the Harrier and might go in for the Creta (specially the one's considering the top end).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks