Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2022, 14:59   #1531
MaG
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Absolutely second that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Congratulations!!! Wish you a hassle-free delivery and countless happy miles.

I would say, please stay away from the mats too. You will get good quality 7D mats that offer much better coverage than the Tata OEM mats. Do look for a good boot mat too.

One OEM accessory I got was sill plates - I found them much better than the aftermarket options.

--Anoop
MaG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 18:15   #1532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moh1t View Post
After the initial set-up it connects super quickly every time you enter the car, doesn't seem to have much lag in google maps or music apps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moh1t View Post
I got too optimistic. The carlinkit connects 1-2 times out of 10 when plugged in, has to be constantly reset. The device works once after reset just fine but subsequently it has difficultly starting.
There was a recent update to my CarPlay dongle, now ~ 50% of the time it starts on its own and when starting the car, otherwise it needs to be taken out and plugged back in once or twice max.

Fairly happy with it now.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd July 2022 at 21:11. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 5th July 2022, 20:05   #1533
BHPian

This video on why harrier/safari haven't been crash tested yet summarises information that has been available on TBHP for a while. Thankfully they did credit the forum as source of information.

BleueNinja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 12:10   #1534

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
1. I have posted the PDI Checklist I used when I did the PDI of my Harrier.
=====
--Anoop
@Anoop - I cannot access the link. Can you please double check? Thanks in advance.
sage_sandman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 16:25   #1535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage_sandman View Post
@Anoop - I cannot access the link. Can you please double check? Thanks in advance.
I am able to download the file from the link. What error are you getting when you try to download?
If you can DM me your e-mail ID, I can send the file to you.

--Anoop
Old 6th July 2022, 18:15   #1536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroydsilva View Post
Seeing the recent Harrier engine failure thread of a fellow BHPian, I have this question - How much idling vibration is acceptable for a new Harrier? When I did the PDI of my car, I could see a good amount of steering vibration but I thought it's natural to some extent. Have even seen Innova steering vibrate. The test drive cars too had similar vibrations.
Hey Elroy,

Could you please share a video of the vibrations? I own a Harrier XZA+ and I see 0 vibrations on the steering wheel.
The Riddler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 19:15   #1537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
Hey Elroy,

Could you please share a video of the vibrations? I own a Harrier XZA+ and I see 0 vibrations on the steering wheel.
I don’t think a video would be necessary. Coming from using super silent engines all these years, I feel really dumb asking that question earlier. I took delivery of the car today and although there are some vibrations felt, it’s crazy to compare it to petrol engine refinement. I’m happy with the overall steering vibration feel and you’ll hardly see any vibration even if I post a video. Sorry again for the stupid question.

Just to be sure, I will do the water bottle test if I get a chance and will post the video if I see significant vibrations.
Old 10th July 2022, 13:58   #1538
MaG
BHPian

Hi Folks!

I own a May21 Harrier XZA with 21500 kms on the odo. I’m recently facing few issues with the car

1) There is a gid-gid sound from the front LHS suspension. Even in the smallest of bumps, the car makes that sound. I’ve sent the car to the SC, where they’re replacing the suspension and then will see if the issue is resolved.

2) The engine ON/OFF switch has already lost it’s color. Upon complaining this, the SC is replacing the switch.

3) The rubber on the windows is kind off peeling off. The SC has promised to resolve this though I’m clueless what they would do.

Anybody who has faced above issues?

Also kindly assist in:
4) I’m seriously considering to upgrade headlight setup. Any suggestions?
Old 16th July 2022, 05:15   #1539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaG View Post
Got my Harrier XZA yesterday. Pre Delivery inspection was spot on. No visual discrepancies in the vehicle in terms of make. Showroom experience was flawless and thoroughly professional. Their CRE & CRM even rang me up post delivery in next 30 mins to ask if I've reached home safely and again assured me that they're just a call away in case of any query I may have w.r.t usage of features as well. Cheers!
Looks like Sai Baba motors near Wakad. Please could you share the service quality experience with them so far? I have heard they are probably the most professional among Pune Tata service centers.
Old 16th July 2022, 06:33   #1540
MaG
BHPian

Hello, yes saibaba kalewadi is my SC. They’re excellent in terms of their people & service. However, they’ve a huge crunch of available space. Suggest to go to them for servicing with prior appointment only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
Looks like Sai Baba motors near Wakad. Please could you share the service quality experience with them so far? I have heard they are probably the most professional among Pune Tata service centers.
MaG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 16:44   #1541
BHPian

So All the XT and XT+ owners know that their variant doesn't get any vanity mirrors(Neither in drivers side nor in passengers). Its a glaring omission in a 20L+ car. Even 15 year old puny hatchbacks get this even in lowest variants.
Every time my wife sat in the car had to listen to her rant how my car doesn't have a vanity mirror and her 10 year old i10 has it on both sides

So I went ahead and ordered a sun visor from the XZ/XZ+. I installed it myself as it was a direct fit. I was hoping they would have some redundant wiring to plug in the vanity mirror lights but that wasn't the case. I didn't have the patience to meddle around with the wiring. Maybe in the next service I will ask the SC guys to do the wiring. Attaching the image below. I guess the wife will be happy now.
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-vanity.jpg

Next updated has to be the auto dimming IRVM. Anyone has updated that yet?
BlackMambaXX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 18:37   #1542
BHPian

A question to the Harrier XM / XMA variant owners.

Did you go with TATA's official accessory for reverse camera? How is it? Is there a way to integrate an external camera as input to the infotainment system?

Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 09:26   #1543
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

I own a July21 XZA+ DT and was wondering if it’s possible to upgrade my infotainment (wireless Apple CarPlay and IRA) system and get ventilated seats (from kaziranga edition) along with 18 inch alloys (from dark edition).
If yes then any approximate quote for these upgrades ?
Old 22nd July 2022, 13:56   #1544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousnewbie View Post
I own a July21 XZA+ DT and was wondering if it’s possible to upgrade my infotainment (wireless Apple CarPlay and IRA) system and get ventilated seats (from kaziranga edition) along with 18 inch alloys (from dark edition).
If yes then any approximate quote for these upgrades ?
Hey curiousnewbie,

Just the 18 inch alloys would cost ₹17,174/unit. Since you own a XZA+DT, you would have to upgrade the tyres as well.

Alloys (4) ₹68,696

In regards to the ventilated seats, not sure but should be possible.

I asked my TASS for an firmware update on my harrier XZA+DT (March 2021) - I was told that it will not be possible for Wireless Android Auto / CarPlay to be enabled. I thought they all had the same hardware. Will verify it by going through the OEM catalogue.

I'm planning to go for carsifi AA dongle. Will plan an alloy change (18inch dark) during tyre change at about 35k kms.

Regards,
Rufus
The Riddler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 14:35   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post

I asked my TASS for an firmware update on my harrier XZA+DT (March 2021) - I was told that it will not be possible for Wireless Android Auto / CarPlay to be enabled. I thought they all had the same hardware. Will verify it by going through the OEM catalogue.

Regards,
Rufus
There's a parallel discussion about this on the other Harrier thread. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5363495 (Tata Harrier : Official Review)

Check your current infotainment system software version and also your phone's Android version. Possible compatibility between Q5_18.0 and Android 10 expected.
elroydsilva is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks