Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2022, 11:41   #1456
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeet View Post
I recently got delivery of my Harrier automatic. I must say its a pleasure to drive. Still learning about the vehicle. One thing, I observed a couple of times - after I switch off the ignition the radiator fan still seems to be running. After switching on and switching off the vehicle once again it stops. Anyone else faced this problem ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
As per design, and the feature has been there for many years now. It will stop automatically in a bit. Do not do the second switch-on: switch-off.
Sumeet, I agree with Condor. This is not a bug but as per design (I own a Zest, since 2016). It depends on the engine temperature/ running conditions just before parking etc. Please let the engine idle until the fan stops (best option). Else, let the fan run (using battery juice) if you really have to take the key and walk-off. But definitely don't do: switch off - switch on - switch off routine to force the fan to halt.
Old 29th April 2022, 14:50   #1457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeet View Post
If this is expected - why doesn't it happen every time ? I have seen it happen only 3-4 times in the last 2 weeks. Moreover, its not as if it only happens after a long drive - I have seen it happen even after a very short drive. My software background keeps telling me - if its not consistent its not a feature
Sir, it need not happen every time. It depends on the engine temperature. Once the temp hits 90 degrees, the fan automatically starts. If the engine is cooler, then the fan doesn't automatically switch on.
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 16:12   #1458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
Sir, it need not happen every time. It depends on the engine temperature. Once the temp hits 90 degrees, the fan automatically starts. If the engine is cooler, then the fan doesn't automatically switch on.
Thanks folks for confirming this to be the expected behaviour.
sumeet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 16:52   #1459
BHPian

Tropical Mist colour shade introduced in Harrier.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-screenshot_2022042916484510_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg
Knightrider is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 17:27   #1460

Buying a Tata Harrier is an adventure by itself.
My harrier is 13k done and regardless of the niggles and other in your face issues, I love the car, hope you do to! Cheers....
Dr Carlton Pere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 17:31   #1461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bil.007 View Post
Also, the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT was on as well, upon asking they told me they haven’t done their PDI yet, they will wire it up to their computer and solve the issue before delivery. I did tell them that this is quite uncommon to happen in a brand new car, They said that it happens most of the time due to various reasons and were quite chill about it. Hope the issue is nothing.

Have informed the sales consultant to fix the matter, they will get these issues sorted by next week hopefully. Following this I will take the delivery
I would like to offer an advice that get the Check Engine Light (CEL) diagnosed in front of you. Do check the reason for this CEL on a brand new car.

For the dealership, this is business but for you its an ownership after paying more than 20 lacs. Economics of business dictates that the dealership fix whatever issue is there in whatever manner they can and then sell the car as soon as possible to make profit.
PaddleShifter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 17:54   #1462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
I would like to offer an advice that get the Check Engine Light (CEL) diagnosed in front of you. Do check the reason for this CEL on a brand new car.

For the dealership, this is business but for you its an ownership after paying more than 20 lacs. Economics of business dictates that the dealership fix whatever issue is there in whatever manner they can and then sell the car as soon as possible to make profit.
Okay, Noted it. Thanks.

Just spoke to the CRM on call, and she told me that every car they receive has the CEL issue(however she doesn’t consider this an issue)
I asked particularly for the reason and was informed that it’s mainly because of the Low Fuel in the car, to which I confidently quoted the threads I read about this on Team-BHP which indicate otherwise.

She guaranteed me that there is no issue with the car whatsoever and it was merely because of the fuel sensor. Also, they are thoroughly re-checking the car.

I’m taking her word for it.

Also, a bit chill about the issue as if there is any problem, I already have a business relationship with the dealer, fixing my issues in a jiffy shouldn’t be an issue hopefully.

I will take the delivery tomorrow

Cheers,
bil.007
bil.007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 18:30   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
Tropical Mist colour shade introduced in Harrier.
A new royal blue shade has also been introduced taking the total number of colours offered on the model to 7.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-harrierroyalbluembanner.png

Regards,
Debrup
rupdeb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 21:02   #1464
BHPian

This is an overview of the selection process and buying experience of my Harrier XZA+ Kaziranga edition. This is also my first long post. Please pardon any errors.

For detailed review this vehicle, please refer to the - Team-BHP Review (2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review).

The context

My previous ride – Duster AWD – in its 7th year nearing 70K. Significant expenditure on the following components in the past 18 months, but also meant it was running like new:
  • 3/4 Injectors
  • Diesel rail
  • Front shocks

Undertook damping on doors and boot from 3M (acoustic solution) recently and the Duster was in top shape.

A parting shot of the 7-yr old Duster AWD
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20220330_192340.jpg

Since the start of the 7th year my thinking has been that I should reduce vehicle footprint – a 5-seater compact or even sub-compact SUV should be my next buy. I realised that most of my use will be for commute to work in Mumbai region, with occasional long drives.

The need: A 5-seater SUV that also must offer: Diesel, auto-box, > avg ride quality for long drives (err, 6+ yrs of Duster AWD – need I say more?), high-ground clearance, ventilated (at least front) seats (yes, a must have now)

The wish: A vehicle that also offered as many contemporary features as possible for the target price point.

Been eying Kia Sonet diesel auto as it ticked most items in my wish list. Also, have been watching upgrades to Venue (I like its less busy design) though secretly wishing the Renegade or Jimny arrive soon (for awd). My wife and I seemed sure (until that Saturday afternoon) that we would stick with the Duster for another 12-18 months given the wait times and lack of credible upgrade (i.e. AWD) in similar or near about price points. In addition to the experience with wait time for parts, Renault’s announcement about stopping Duster production triggered something.

The new car selection process – no logic!

Early March, one Saturday afternoon we just set out for test drives.

1. Jeep Compass

The Compass though aspirational in its 2022 avtar, was not a serious contender because it was beyond our budget. Yet for some unexplained reason on that Saturday afternoon we made our first stop at the nearest Landmark showroom. No other customer except us and was pleasantly surprised when we were immediately offered a test drive of Limited AWD (diesel auto) with 11K on Odo. Drove it only for 20 mins and were came out really impressed at the quality of ride, fit and finish. Compass had suddenly become a serious contender even with its exorbitant (for us) price tag. We also took at look at one S variant that was being prepared for delivery. Incidentally, the Trailhawk was being launched that evening and we were invited for the ceremony (nice of them, but we couldn’t attend).

Likes and dislikes:
+ executive interior - fit-n-finish, NVH, and I thought tan+ colour interior of limited is fantastic
+ drive – ride, power, high seating position (note I am coming from a brute 6+ yrs old Duster K9K)
+ city drive (only 4-5 kms) was a significant step up for me – didn’t bother taking highway drive (was sure it would pass the muster for me)
+ offered a variant (S) that ticked everything in my list including features – diesel, city-box (auto), ventilated seats, 360 camera, awd (of course), powered driver & pass seats, sun-roof
- price tag - way beyond my budget even the limited 4x4

For a few days the Compass remained a serious contender in that none of the others we looked at seemed to be ticking our ‘need’ list, let alone wish list. But back of my mind, there was this middle-class guilt of over-spending on a vehicle – which eventually won.

2. Sonet Diesel Auto GTX+

This was my prime target. Walked into Kia showroom and it was relatively very busy compared to the Jeep showroom. Again, pleasantly surprised when our sales rep offered test drive within a minute of conversation.
The sonnet test drive vehicle was on a beaten diesel gtx auto 2020 model with 15K+ on odo, clearly showing abuse.

Likes and dislikes:
+ everything I want in small foot-print – diesel auto, ventilated seats, paddle shifters (obviously test vehicle didn’t have, since this came in 2021 onwards), plus host of other features we could think of
- hard ride quality, dark interior (didn’t realize how much I started to dislike it till then), ‘gadgety’ dash staring at the driver
- at least 4+ months to delivery (officially 6+ months wait)

3. Seltos Diesel Auto GTX+

This was my wife’s prime target. During the Sonet test drive the sales rep egged us to try Seltos, clearly trying to upsell. My wife had indicated preference for the Seltos over Sonet so we agreed to test drive one. Our test drive Seltos was a 2022 manu gtx+ diesel auto with 5K+ on Odo, but much better maintained.

Likes and dislikes:
+ everything I want (everything in Sonet that we just drove) plus paddle shifters, plus lane change camera view in digital cockpit, in a size that didn’t seem to be screaming budget and still easy to commute in within MMR
- at least 4+ months to delivery (officially 6+ months wait)
- very stiff ride (which they now claim to have addressed in to be launched 2022 refresh) and again that gadgety dash left us with a sense of inexplicable discomfort

That last bullet point is why our respective primes, Seltos and Sonet lost out (we were ok waiting for a few more months, an opportunity to enjoy our good-as-new Duster AWD into its sunset). I'd like to mention the professionalism of the Kia sales rep - continued to follow-up regularly till the time I told him about my purchase.

4. Kushaq Ambition (1.5 DSG)

I had not intent of making this my next vehicle (didn’t want a petrol even with turbo, but didn’t mind a DSG even with a history), but my wife was keen on testing this (after Seltos). So it had to be the top variant. JMD was the usual treatment – at first they didn’t seem welcoming as they were too busy with Slavia prospects and test drives. But I had already paid for parking (!!) so hung around for a few more minutes just past the door (lets enjoy the air-conditioning). Finally, someone had a change of heart and approached us. We headed straight to the display vehicle – both of us spent several minutes, sat on every seat since test drive was not available. I was pleasantly surprised with the ligh-coloured interior, space in the rear and mature dash design (coming from the gadgety Kias). But this top ariant was going to cost us a few thousands more than the Seltos – which was a bummer. Don’t remember if they were offering the 4-yr unlimited service back then, but that would have been a plus.

Likes and dislikes:
+ space at the back, mature dash design, ventilated seats
+ of course, the drive dynamics of the engine+DSG combo (even without driving one)
- petrol only so fuel cost (strangely, because were just sold on 2L diesel Compass likely to have similar running fuel cost),
- price didn’t seem value (compared to Kia),

5. Hector Diesel (only manual available)

Next went to MG as again wife was keen. The showroom experience was as expected brilliant, sales rep was methodical asking right questions to identify what we wanted (not needed). I told him Hector diesel it is unless there was a plan to launch an auto-box near future. Hector was not available to test drive, so he offered us Hector Plus, which I took.

Likes and dislikes:
+ 2L diesel, great fit and finish, for some reason I didn’t find it as gadgety (as you know who)
- no auto-box, too much badging on outside (for my liking), I stalled the vehicle at least thrice in a span of 10 mins
- one of my neighbours already has one (such things too, we learnt, mattered to us! After all we are only humans.)
- Felt huge – one size bigger than anything we thought we needed thus far (even the Compass)

The upgraded Astor with its fantastic red interior was very enticing with ADAS and what not. But alas didn’t appeal to the driver me.

That weekend ended on a sour note for us – our prime contenders rejected, aspirational Compass was beyond budget and we both were left dejected for rest of the week trying to convince ourselves that the original idea of riding Duster AWD for some more time was better (though much less exciting now having tasted blood).

So the next weekend, we set out again with my wife firmly targeting Taigun.

6. Taigun (1.5 DSG)

On a Sunday afternoon, there was only one other family there just taken delivery of their 1.0 TSI Highline. The Sales lead offered us test drive of 1.5 GTX+. The first thing that I liked was the mature dash design in red colour on a mustard yellow car (against the all-grey in Kushaq). Test drive was great and drove on several inclines/declines and rough roads to get a sense of city ride quality (but did not try highway speeds).

Likes and dislikes:
+ fit-n-finish more appealing than Kushaq – the red or body coloured dash was nice touch
+ low speed ride quality and drive dynamics of the engine+DSG combo
- again petrol only so fuel cost (but we knew this right?) and price didn’t seem value
- 15K discount because only manual OVRMs are available instead of auto-folding (huh!), only one key and a 5-yr AMC package where the per year maintenance cost was > 15K

Once we hear the last two felt fishy – parts shortage could get worse for VW, while AMCs are supposed to showcase low maintenance costs, but this one was already high. Experience says service centres will always succeed in adding more costs on each visit on top of this. More significantly, for reasons best known to her, wife was clear that a Taigun will not be our next vehicle.

As we walked back to our Duster outside the VW showroom, she said something about only a 2L engine would be a proper upgrade and I was staring at an ad on Kaziranga edition on my phone. So next was Tata motors, was never on our radar till then.

7. Tata Harrier Diesel Auto (Harrier Kaziranga Edition)

We enter Heritage Motors (Tata) that is close by. Its Sunday evening and the showroom is full of people. One variant of almost every Tata car on offer was on display – Nexon EV and Punch getting maximum attention. But we were only interested in the 5-seater Harrier Kaziranga edition that was on display (next to a Safari Dark edition). We both spent significant time with the display vehicle. They didn’t have one for test drive and never provided me a test drive. I was told this show room was sharing its Harrier test vehicle with three other showrooms so arranging one for weekend was logistical challenge and I couldn’t do weekday due to work.

This showroom was new, and they even had their opening ceremony by local MP and Tata Motors VP a week later.

Likes and dislikes:
+ Rugged vehicle with 2L Diesel auto-box
+ Dual tone interiors, ventilated seats
+ Assured < month old vehicle, delivery within weeks
- Big footprint, not city-friendly, but parking at apartment was not going to be problem
- Tata’s CS reputation

At this point I had made my mind to go for Harrier because it ticked all items on my needs list though on-road price was still a stretch. In hindsight it clicked because there were no immediate showstoppers with the Harrier like a dear feature missing or long wait. CS experience was a question mark, but it was in the future, not immediate.

The buying experience at Tata showroom

First visit – day #1

Showroom was busy with 9 Punch deliveries that evening, but we had audience with:
  1. 1. Sales rep (my primary contact) who explained the vehicle variant and distinct features
  2. 2. Finance rep who explained the finance schemes
  3. 3. Exchange rep who provided explained the offer and process
  4. 4. Sales lead who offered and explained the discounts

All the above done under 20 mins and we were free to spend more time with the display. Delivery was possible in 3 weeks, but I gave them a specific date when I needed to take delivery (5 weeks away). They were OK. We walked out with no commitment. Wife was not convinced with the CS experience, but said Harrier was the most realistic contender if not Compass. We stewed over the next 5 days on whether to stretch for the Compass (Limited or S) or go for the Harrier.

Second visit – day #7

The following weekend we visited again to look at the vehicle and paid the booking amount. The sales rep again failed to arrange for a test drive vehicle despite us informing him a couple of days in advance. The showroom was again very busy.

Third visit – day #18

This was after allocation (receiving VIN) for handing over the Duster (exchange, with bonus), negotiating final price with discounts, documentation (finance, RTO, exchange), accessories and down payment. RTO work was completed in 3 working days after this. I got the RC view in Digilocker app on the next day, though physical RC will take time to arrive. Weekday so relatively less busy, still all tables occupied.

Fourth visit – day #26

The first look at the new vehicle before PDI at the showroom
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20220414_155142.jpg

Did PDI at the showroom one day before delivery (I had already mentioned this at the time of booking). I was apprehensive that I could not do it at the yard before registration. Saw my vehicle for the first time (that is some feeling). It was kept ready for me. Except for light dirt on the tyres and wheel well it was spotless, all wrappers in place. A couple of accessories were not yet fitted (to my disappointment). The sales rep stood by patiently, non-intrusively even helped a few times (opening bonnet, photographing a couple of difficult to reach underbody areas) as I went through the Team-BHP PDI list and it turned out well (except 3/5 accessories I had paid for). It was also missing the Kaziranga 3D mats I had specifically asked for, which when I pointed out was told will be available next day at delivery. It also had the 3M underbody anti-rust. Start of long holiday weekend, so busy.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20220414_155155.jpg

Fifth visit – day #27

For delivery. Four of us reached 75 mins later than the agreed time. Showroom was packed with people being Friday first day of a long weekend. We had to stand near the door for about 15 minutes till one seating area vacated. I noticed today there were no customer water bottles or tea being offered to any of the visitors – all my earlier visits I was offered. Again, holiday weekend so they were super busy.

Ours was the 3rd out of 6 deliveries that day. Staff was getting ready for the 2nd. After nearly 45 minutes the sales rep called me aside for some final documentation. At that point he mentioned for the first time that Tata is providing only one key for now. Felt a bit anxious. He immediately introduced me to the GM and she reiterated the same (and for the first and only time someone from Tata Motors conversed in English with me in all this while). Said the 2nd key will be available within a month.

Another 15 mins to clean the vehicle. Then a quick ceremony, a few photos and a customer 30 second feature explanation (because I said I don’t need detailed explanation), we drove off.

The fuel was already topped up. I had paid for the Diesel to be topped up so that I didn’t have to face the stress of hunting the nearest fuel station on a vehicle I was driving for the first time.

Only later I noticed the mats were 3D (regular Harrier emblem) but not Kaziranga ones (with rhino emblem).

What was delivered:
  • Harrier XZA+ Kaziranga edition manufactured in March 2022 with HSRP
  • Insurance - 3rd party 3 yrs and self for 1 yr
  • Only one smart key
  • Manual/warranty booklet

Comes with 2-yr / 100000 KMS warranty. I asked for the Pentacare, 5-yr package, but the dealer had no clue and I didnt have energy to chase.

Accessories fitted at showroom:
  • Harrier branded 5-piece 3D mats (I had asked for Rhino emblemed Kaziranga ones - they had them in the display vehicle)
  • Mud flaps
  • Floor matting (aka lamination)
  • Underbody anti-rust coating (3M)

Waiting to be delivered (paid for):
  • Second smart key
  • Accessories (waiting to ship) – window visor, ambient lights, door edge protection, boot mat (not sure why I went for OEM, could have got at a local shop)
  • Documents - 3M anti-rust warranty, battery warranty, physical RC, road tax receipt

These are the additional accessories I am considering in short term:
  • Window shades (magnetic)
  • Replace floor mats with GFX branded 3-piece 3D which I think are more effective
  • Front and back dashcam (leaning towards 70mai A500S)

Overall, the buying experience was not bad and even pleasant considering all that we had heard and read about. So already a win for Tata Motors.

My reflection on Tata Showroom experience

I hope I won’t be bashed for this next paragraph but having heard/read so many adverse comments about Tata CS my intent is to just highlight what I perceived - pardon if reads like a judgement, certainly not start a long thread on this topic.

Having seen several other showrooms recently, this Tata showroom was definitely more ‘local friendly’ - staff always spoke local language (Marathi or Hindi), dressed in neat uniforms but cannot say sharp/suave, very warm/friendly and yet matter of fact (e.g. no sugar coated words or calibrated response just because I was a prospect/customer), less organized in a few instances (e.g. coordination between different depts. for common documents, unable to arrange test drive despite clear ask), showed none of the etiquettes/efficiencies a globally travelled person would come to expect (beyond offering water / chai / coffee). When I reflected on the entire experience later, they were clearly no less professional, nor the experience at the showroom more chaotic than some of the others I had recently been to. But perhaps showroom staff was not as rigorously trained as some of the competition on how to engage with prospects and relying a lot on their street smarts to succeed on the job. Also, this showroom always seemed to have significantly more staff (easy to spot in their uniform) than any other brand showroom I have been to, so am speculating there is a lot of internal competition and consequently individuals may be poorly paid.

Having driven the Harrier for a week now, am very happy with the vehicle.

Here is a summary of what I liked and how I wish it was better.

What I liked:
  • Big, butch vehicle that is well powered to offer good driving dynamics, an upgrade from the Duster
  • People stop to give way – more so with the DRLs ON
  • Spacious interior – value for money on that parameter
  • Rugged feel – gives a sense of lasting, while seems ready to take a few scratches and dings in city traffic without causing heart ache (or may be its just me preparing my mind to this eventuality)
  • Reasonably well featured - at least one gets it all in the top variant (unlike some competition)
  • AC – comes with auto, cools quickly even for mid-April Mumbai afternoons
  • Ventilated front seats – both back and seat ventilated (unlike some competition)
  • Common controls – are all physical buttons making life easier
  • Interior fit-n-finish – for me use of some light colours in the interior is a plus given my previous vehicles had mono-coloured, darker interiors
  • Lots of small, nifty features – such as separate buttons to control each part of sunroof, auto everything close, switching to circulation automatically mode when reversing to prevent ingress of exhaust into cabin, etc. Still on pg 206/266 of the manual.
  • NVH reasonably good – cuts off surrounding noise to a large extend but one can catch the engine notes, which is good for me as I rely on engine note to determine driving inputs more than the speedo – an auditory driver in many other ways)
  • Kaziranga edition – I am not a fan of the colour, but having moved around in it for a few days think the colour helps the vehicle be less conspicuous (like camouflaged) in most lighting conditions – artificially lit parking, under daylight – though DRLs when turned on negate this. My reading is the Dark edition, White and Red colours immediately draw attention.

What I wish was better:
  • 360-view camera for vehicle of this size
  • Infotainment Screen – must fidget with it to get anything done
  • Digital cluster - that is less busy with art / colours and prioritizing vehicle info; coming from Duster’s traditional monochrome cluster, as I have struggled to locate icons and notice warnings (like door ajar) in the few days. Plus, the constant (default) view of fuel range seems to make me anxious about mileage (hear Ux designers), though I can change it to a different view.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20220425_085200.jpg

• Low beam – stock light works for drives at 40-50 kmph under streetlights, but not for dark roads at speeds >25 m/s, so need ones that have a brighter throw.
  • Powered tail gate – takes significant effort to open and then close, most people will struggle
  • Powered Passenger seat adjustment – there is no height adjustment for passenger seat, so significant other is not happy
  • Rear AC vents – the B-pillar placement is a mixed bag, and some may find the blower angle good enough for quick cooling
  • Hydraulic struts for bonnet lid – another one that takes significant effort to open
  • Hangs on to the 2nd and 3rd gear a bit longer than I like – the engine revs higher (~1.8-2K before stepping up). The whine at slower speeds draws attention from those around who are not familiar with auto-boxes (it is acceptable at higher gears/speeds). Both my apartment security and office security have told me I am speeding out of the gate in the new vehicle, though I am not. But the same characteristics I suppose is positive for overtakes and on inclines.

Other features that are good to have, but I don’t miss are:
  • AWD – if offered I would have lapped up
  • TPMS – I have never had it in the past, so don’t know what I am missing
  • ADAS –I have never had it in the past, so don’t know what I am missing
  • Dual Zone Climate – given size would have been useful

Leaving for a few pictures. Hoping to update after the first service.

Have to fidget with the screen half the time. I found the functions to be clear - easy to find.
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20220425_083711.jpg

Well appointed dashboard.
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20220425_083729.jpg

I liked the dual-toned interior with lighter colour dominating.
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20220425_083750.jpg

Kazirange edition family
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img20220416wa0013.jpg

Getting ready for delivery
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img20220416wa0018.jpg

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img20220416wa0019.jpg

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img20220416wa0022.jpg

Thank you for reading!
subuiyer is offline   (93) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 16:42   #1465

Congratulations @subuiyer on your new ride. Thanks for sharing your honest experience right from shortlisting and getting delivery of the vehicle in detail.
Traveller17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 00:29   #1466
BHPian

My suggestion on accessory ambient light , please think twice for this electrical accessory.
They may cut a few wires. Probably the interior cabin lamp wire to make the ambient lamp work in tandem with cabin light.
And by ambient lighting do they mean just the foot-well lamps ?
Old 2nd May 2022, 16:53   #1467

Congratulations @subuiyer. I too got my Harrier (XZA) from the very showroom at end of April and I agree with most of your comments mentioned above. They did promptly offer the 5yr Warranty package which I have opted for.
samre75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 18:10   #1468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subuiyer View Post
This is an overview of the selection process and buying experience of my Harrier XZA+ Kaziranga edition. This is also my first long post. Please pardon any errors.
Thank you for reading!
Very well written about the buying experience and initial ride on it, may be you can create a separate thread of your own like Initial Ownership experience thread and post updates there. Will be glad I can follow the updates in that thread!
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 19:58   #1469
BHPian

While coming from Mumbai to Pune yesterday, I was behind a Harrier on the Khandala ghat of the expressway. The traffic was dense and we were moving at speeds under 15km/hr. The Harrier in front of my car suddenly started releasing white smoke. It was bumper to bumper traffic and hence I thought it was coming from the silencer at first. After a roadside marshal came by on his scooter to alert the driver in front, I started making space between my car and the Harrier in front and realized the smoke was coming from below the car. Any one faced such an issue in ghat traffic? Was this because of the clutch being worked too much in the traffic?

Last edited by throttleflick : 2nd May 2022 at 20:00.
Old 2nd May 2022, 20:23   #1470
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleflick View Post
While coming from Mumbai to Pune yesterday, I was behind a Harrier on the Khandala ghat of the expressway. The traffic was dense and we were moving at speeds under 15km/hr. The Harrier in front of my car suddenly started releasing white smoke. It was bumper to bumper traffic and hence I thought it was coming from the silencer at first. After a roadside marshal came by on his scooter to alert the driver in front, I started making space between my car and the Harrier in front and realized the smoke was coming from below the car. Any one faced such an issue in ghat traffic? Was this because of the clutch being worked too much in the traffic?
Were you driving down a hill/slope? Smoking brakes can be due to wrong gears and unnecessary braking! Overheated braking components!
M35 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks