Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2022, 17:17   #1441
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroydsilva View Post
Gave up and cancelled my Harrier booking with Auto Matrix Udupi. It's been a tiring 2 months and no longer interested in going through a similar ordeal with another dealer...
I have had the same experience in all the Tata showrooms in Pune. They work like a govt office. Have the least motivated dealers. Never will I purchase a Tata

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 14th April 2022 at 18:58. Reason: trimmed quote
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 20:08   #1442
BHPian

Did anyone face car shake-up/vibration during idling or at slow speeds in your manual Harrier? Did you fix the issue? what is the fix?
Old 16th April 2022, 19:10   #1443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moh1t View Post
I am so happy I don't have to deal the wires anymoreTired of plugging in the wire for apple carplay, I bought Carlinkit 3 CPC200-U2W-Plus from amazon US for $72 (~INR 5800). I am happy to report that it works well with R18 version of the infotainment system of my June '21 ZXA+

After the initial set-up it connects super quickly every time you enter the car, doesn't seem to have much lag in google maps or music apps.
I got too optimistic. The carlinkit connects 1-2 times out of 10 when plugged in, has to be constantly reset. The device works once after reset just fine but subsequently it has difficultly starting.

It probably works with some other cars but I wouldn’t recommend it for the harrier.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd July 2022 at 21:12. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
moh1t is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2022, 09:00   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I have had the same experience in all the Tata showrooms in Pune. They work like a govt office. Have the least motivated dealers. Never will I purchase a Tata
From my experience, the older showrooms like Bafna function like that. They still work like they are selling trucks or Indicas. I have had an amazing buying experience and service experience at Panchajany Motors. Their showrooms are swanky new and their staff is very courteous.
Old 20th April 2022, 01:46   #1445
BHPian

Completed a trip to Ghaziabad - Auli - Ghaziabad. One of the best trips I had and this car performed beyond expectations. Bad roads or no roads, it will take everything in its stride like a boss and eat them up like a Boss.
Will try to publish the Auli travelogue, and the long-awaited ownership experience which is in Draft from Day 1.
Completed 22000 km on the odometer in 16 months and the list of long drives done till now are:
Meerut - Khatu Shyam ji (Jaipur) - Meerut
Meerut - Bangalore
Bangalore - Hassan - Bangalore
Bangalore - Meerut
Ghaziabad - Mukteshwar - Nainital - Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad - Haridwar - Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad - Garh - Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad - Amritsar - Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad - Agra - Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad - Guptakashi (Kedarnath) - Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad - Auli (Joshimath) - Ghaziabad
Auli - Niti valley (towards Indo-China Border) - Auli
Ghaziabad - Meerut - Ghaziabad (Numerous drives via DME)

Attaching a few pics.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_7417.jpg

On the way to Malari/Niti Valley
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_7433.jpg

View of Snow Clad Mountains with Fresh Snowfall in Malari
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_7456.jpg

Somewhere in Malaari Village
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_7464.jpg

ITBP in Action near Indo China Border Areas
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_7481.jpg

Long-Awaited Mandatory Click
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_7504.jpg

Resort Parking with a View
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_7612.jpg

Summarisation of Trip in a nutshell via Odometer.
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_7675.jpg

PS: All Pictures are clicked by iPhone XR and posted SOOC.
Highh5 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 05:22   #1446
BHPian

Hello fellow Team BHPians,

Have booked the Harrier XZA+ DARK after taking the test drive twice. Was happy with how the car performed in most aspects, however one thing I'm still confused about is the rear seat comfort and experience while the car is being driven, I didn't consider sitting at the back in the TD vehicle while it was being driven was because I already sat at the back in the display car inside the showroom while it obviously was stationery.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-harrier-rearseats.jpg

What I'm now skeptical about is the rear seat comfort while on a drive. Is there sideways movement as mentioned in multiple Team-BHP posts?. Is it uncomfortable ?. Are there issues that I should be knowing about?

Now that I have booked the car I really do need to know about this.

P.S-Already have a Alcazar,Brezza at home.(Letting you guys know this as it would help reference rear-seat comfort of Harrier. Also don’t have any issues at all with the rear seat comfort with the Alcazar and Brezza.)

Kindly input your experiences of the rear seat experience.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Bil.007
Old 22nd April 2022, 09:28   #1447
BHPian

Hello Everyone,
I am on the fence here and could use a few pointers. I am in the market for a new car and have test driven almost everything from the S-Presso to the Harrier (I know, what started out as a search for a second city commuter car turned into a "one car for all occasions" search)

We have zeroed in on the Slavia and the Harrier. Both wife and I LOVED driving the Slavia but we want the practicality of the diesel automatic Harrier.

Going through this recent thread (Multiple issues on brand-new Tata Safari Dark Edition) has put serious doubts about Tata after sales service. The dealership experience in Bangalore has not been stellar either! Not one dealership answered my calls or bothered to return them. I had to literally drive to four dealerships to find one that had the automatic harrier.

Should I just bite the bullet and get the Harrier with the extended warranty and hope for the best? The dealership experience and the recent threads makes me want to just book the Slavia and save the 5 lakhs.
Old 22nd April 2022, 10:15   #1448

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerspiff View Post
Hello Everyone,
I am on the fence here and could use a few pointers. I am in the market for a new car and have test driven almost everything from the S-Presso to the Harrier (I know, what started out as a search for a second city commuter car turned into a "one car for all occasions" search)

We have zeroed in on the Slavia and the Harrier. Both wife and I LOVED driving the Slavia but we want the practicality of the diesel automatic Harrier.

Going through this recent thread (Multiple issues on brand-new Tata Safari Dark Edition) has put serious doubts about Tata after sales service. The dealership experience in Bangalore has not been stellar either! Not one dealership answered my calls or bothered to return them. I had to literally drive to four dealerships to find one that had the automatic harrier.

Should I just bite the bullet and get the Harrier with the extended warranty and hope for the best? The dealership experience and the recent threads makes me want to just book the Slavia and save the 5 lakhs.
Your post resonates with my search when I started searching for a smaller car and test drove the S-Presso also. This was before the Slavia had launched so I was looking at the Vento/Polo at that time (Aug 2021). I test drove the Harrier and really liked the engine+gearbox tuning and bought the top end automatic. My experience has been good thus far though the buying experience was not that great, however the car makes up for it. I have driven 15k kms in the past 8 months so have enjoyed the convenience of a bigger car with high ground clearance. Though I have not driven /considered the Slavia so maybe this is not relevant but I am happy with the SUV convenience though I was a sedan person earlier. I hope this helps you in your search.
atulshikhar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 12:21   #1449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

As someone who shortlisted Slavia and Harrier and then went ahead and got me a Harrier, here is my 2 cents:

1. Please make sure you do back-to-back TDs and list out your preferences. Do you like the ability to chuck the car around the corners, or do you like the no-nonsense attitude to dismiss the bad roads without a glance? I am someone who loved the leech-like handling of my Punto and I sorely misses that in Harrier and had to make corrections to my driving pattern. I still carry a bit more speed to the corners than Harrier can handle easily and had to shed speed quickly a couple of times, but I am getting there. On the other hand, I love the ease with which I can dismiss the bad roads and potholes, so it was a willing compromise I made.

2. The car is an absolute pleasure to drive, but the electronics may drive you crazy. I covered 2K in a month and my silver box (the control unit which controls both screens and infotainment system) went kaput, while none of my friends who own Harrier faced a similar issue. Till now, the service center experience is good. They have placed an order and expect the part to arrive in 4 to 5 days. The consolation part for me is that I can still potter around, though I won't know how much diesel is left in the tank, or can use the reverse camera or can listen to music, or, have access to any warning message which may pop up. So, yes - there may be some niggles, and go ahead only if you are ready to accept that.

3. If you haven't yet, please check out KHT Whitefield. I took my car from them and had a very good sales experience. I can give you the reference of my SA\Team Lead if required.

--Anoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by bil.007 View Post

What I'm now skeptical about is the rear seat comfort while on a drive. Is there sideways movement as mentioned in multiple Team-BHP posts?. Is it uncomfortable ?. Are there issues that I should be knowing about?
If you are a sedate driver, there is nothing to be concerned about. The rear seats are supremely comfortable (as certified by my wife and my Mother, who is a very picky\finicy passenger) over long drives. If you are someone who loves to take high-speed corners (to the extent an SUV can support), you will feel some lateral roll - but, it is much better than XUV500, and almost at par with Duster (again, experience from my passengers, when I was on the driving seat).

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 16:04   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulshikhar View Post
I have driven 15k kms in the past 8 months so have enjoyed the convenience of a bigger car with high ground clearance. Though I have not driven /considered the Slavia so maybe this is not relevant but I am happy with the SUV convenience though I was a sedan person earlier. I hope this helps you in your search.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
As someone who shortlisted Slavia and Harrier and then went ahead and got me a Harrier, here is my 2 cents:

. So, yes - there may be some niggles, and go ahead only if you are ready to accept that.

3. If you haven't yet, please check out KHT Whitefield. I took my car from them and had a very good sales experience. I can give you the reference of my SA\Team Lead if required.

--Anoop

Two replies and one of them has had a "silverbox" failure. Looks like I will be rolling the dice here

@anoop
Anyway, I have requested a longer test drive of the Harrier from the KHT(Inner ring road) guys. One of their SAs is good. Lets see how it goes.

As far as the contest between Slavia and Harrier, we are still leaning towards the Harrier. Hopefully the longer test ride will clear things up.
tracerspiff is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 02:13   #1451
BHPian

Appreciate your input Anoop, Thanks!.

My Harrier has arrived in the stockyard and I've done the PDI. Not to my surprise found 2 issues

1. Window line on the top corners of doors doesn’t seem to be assembled perfectly, excess rubber and bad pasting are clearly visible on all sides.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_5055.jpg

2. The Bonet seems to be wrongly aligned, jutted more towards the right fender of the car rather than having equal gapping on both sides.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_5053.jpg

Was certainly disappointed but was not surprised as to my research majority of TATA owners face the same problem.

Why can’t TATA just fix these niggles once and for all!

Also, the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT was on as well, upon asking they told me they haven’t done their PDI yet, they will wire it up to their computer and solve the issue before delivery. I did tell them that this is quite uncommon to happen in a brand new car, They said that it happens most of the time due to various reasons and were quite chill about it. Hope the issue is nothing.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_4994.jpg

Have informed the sales consultant to fix the matter, they will get these issues sorted by next week hopefully. Following this I will take the delivery

If you are a sedate driver, there is nothing to be concerned about. The rear seats are supremely comfortable (as certified by my wife and my Mother, who is a very picky\finicy passenger) over long drives. If you are someone who loves to take high-speed corners (to the extent an SUV can support), you will feel some lateral roll - but, it is much better than XUV500, and almost at par with Duster (again, experience from my passengers, when I was on the driving seat).

--Anoop[/quote]
bil.007 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 09:59   #1452

I recently got delivery of my Harrier automatic. I must say its a pleasure to drive. Still learning about the vehicle. One thing, I observed a couple of times - after I switch off the ignition the radiator fan still seems to be running. After switching on and switching off the vehicle once again it stops. Anyone else faced this problem ?
sumeet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 10:30   #1453
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeet View Post
One thing, I observed a couple of times - after I switch off the ignition the radiator fan still seems to be running.
As per design, and the feature has been there for many years now. It will stop automatically in a bit. Do not do the second switch-on: switch-off.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 12:59   #1454
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeet View Post
I recently got delivery of my Harrier automatic. I must say its a pleasure to drive. Still learning about the vehicle. One thing, I observed a couple of times - after I switch off the ignition the radiator fan still seems to be running. After switching on and switching off the vehicle once again it stops. Anyone else faced this problem ?
I don't own the car but I can tell that it is normal. Cooling fans are mostly timer based and are set to run for a certain time after system is shut down.Once you switch the ignition off, it resets the system and therefore the fan doesn't start again. You can see similar behaviour in Induction cooktops in your home.
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 09:33   #1455

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
I don't own the car but I can tell that it is normal. Cooling fans are mostly timer based and are set to run for a certain time after system is shut down.Once you switch the ignition off, it resets the system and therefore the fan doesn't start again. You can see similar behaviour in Induction cooktops in your home.
If this is expected - why doesn't it happen every time ? I have seen it happen only 3-4 times in the last 2 weeks. Moreover, its not as if it only happens after a long drive - I have seen it happen even after a very short drive. My software background keeps telling me - if its not consistent its not a feature

Last edited by Sheel : 25th April 2022 at 13:53. Reason: Typos.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks