Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2022, 17:25   #1396
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Got my Harrier XZA+ back from 1st year service. I had a few complaints and they were taken care of after an email to Tata customer care.

Mine being a Orcus White Dual Tone - the spoiler had pinholes on paint and white dots. It was repainted under warranty.

Gear lever leather had some stains since the day of delivery.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-gearleverold.jpg

This was replaced under warranty - the service head mentioned that the entire gear lever unit complete with the knob had to be changed. That's what they did. But they installed a gear lever part from the Harrier Dark model!

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-20220218_162121.jpg

I did notice while taking delivery after service but I wanted the vehicle immediately and hence took it without any further questions. TASS got the parts jumbled up while ordering. This is where TASS were not honest. I'm sure they would've noticed this while changing the part but must have assumed that the customer is blind &/or dumb.

Will get the part changed again during my next service as my OCD is kicking in

Also changed the Harrier mascot on the boot from Chrome to Satin Black. It costed 275 bucks on Boodmo.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-20220217_180839.jpg
The Riddler is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 20:57   #1397
BHPian

Are we hearing of any updates (or facelift) to the Tata Harrier coming soon? Considering that:
1. It's going to be close to 2 years (Aug 2020 - 2022) since the last update
2. Tata Safari has a few features that can be directly ported into the Harrier.
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 00:21   #1398
BHPian

I guess it’s safe to assume that all the features in Harrier Kaziranga edition will be offered in the XT and XZ variants by mid of this year. I wish they provide all disc brakes, TPMS and a front parking sensor also to Harrier considering their emphasis on safety and that the SUV is not yet GNCAP rated.
techmotor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 10:17   #1399
BHPian

Hello, good to meet a fellow Mangalorean, I am assuming you have given your car for service at Auto Matrix, Bejai. How is their service? Their Google review doesn't look very convincing. I am thinking of changing to an EV in the near future. But Tata's reputation and after sales services is holding me back.

MOD NOTE : Please capitalize where required.

Last edited by Sheel : 25th February 2022 at 11:42. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 25th February 2022, 13:54   #1400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonith View Post
Hello, good to meet a fellow Mangalorean, I am assuming you have given your car for service at Auto Matrix, Bejai. How is their service? Their Google review doesn't look very convincing. I am thinking of changing to an EV in the near future. But Tata's reputation and after sales services is holding me back.
Hi Shonith,

Welcome to Team-BHP! Always nice to see a fellow Mangalorean on this forum.

Yes, Auto Matrix is the only TASS in Mangalore. The service experience was okay to begin with. My last service experience was really good. Hope they improve. Honestly, I feel Tata service centers still lacks the finesse when it comes to attention to detail and stuff.

I know a few people in my circle who've gone ahead with Nexon EV in Mangalore and are happy with it.

Regards,
Rufus
The Riddler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 20:04   #1401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
This was replaced under warranty - the service head mentioned that the entire gear lever unit complete with the knob had to be changed. That's what they did. But they installed a gear lever part from the Harrier Dark model!
Can you share the part code and the cost in the invoice? I wanted to fir the leather wrapped gear lever to my XT+ which has the normal hard plastic one. Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th February 2022 at 20:09. Reason: Quote trimmed, typos fixed. Please quote relevant sections of posts only. Thanks!
Old 26th February 2022, 00:25   #1402
BHPian

Hello everyone, I am an owner of Harrier XZ+ since Jan 2022. Just completed one month of ownership of the car.

I want to lean on the collective wisdom of the forum to help me with couple of queries:

1. How do we stop the engine without unlocking the car in scenarios like traffic light where the car is to be turned off temporarily? Pressing the start stop button kills the engine, turns off the instrument cluster, and unlocks the car - not really a desired thing in city.

2. Is there a way to pause a song without using touch screen? Muting the song isn't always the preferred way?

In addition to the two, wanted opinions on the following 2:

1. protective coating or treatments to be done to improve the life of car's paint: The dealer pushed for teflon coating which I had said no to, wasn't really sure how professional would they be. Had visited one car care shop and they suggested going for ceramic coating and not for PPF. Would ceramic coating be worth it? And what all protection would it provide?

Additionally, would. underbody anti-rust coating be effective?

2. Installation of dashcam: Need suggestions from fellow members around the option to go for and their installation experience where available.

3. TPMS: which option to go for?
Old 26th February 2022, 08:38   #1403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMambaXX View Post
Can you share the part code and the cost in the invoice? I wanted to fir the leather wrapped gear lever to my XT+ which has the normal hard plastic one.
The part number was not mentioned on the invoice they provided. The job was listed as Gear lever replace.

Here's the part number from the Tata OEM catalogue

1) Gear shift lever with bezel
Part number: 541268910207CE
MRP: 4261/- INR

2) Gear knob assembly
Part number: 541268920102ZZ
MRP: 2324/- INR

I got the part numbers off Boodmo. Do verify them once again before placing an order
The Riddler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 09:25   #1404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarBorne View Post
1. How do we stop the engine without unlocking the car in scenarios like traffic light where the car is to be turned off temporarily? Pressing the start stop button kills the engine, turns off the instrument cluster, and unlocks the car - not really a desired thing in city
I am not sure how it works in Harrier, but in Safari, if we push the stop button, it will turn off only the engine. All doors will be locked and the instrument cluster will be ON. If I open the driver side door, all other door locks will get unlocked and the instrument cluster also will switch off.
Old 3rd March 2022, 14:02   #1405
sbm
BHPian

Is it just me or anyone else feels that TATA is offering really limited color options on the XT and below variants? As per my knowledge, there is white, grey and red color on offer and that too without option of dual tone. Previously there was Dark edition XT but it has been discontinued now. Also, has anyone got black roof wrap done in their white Harrier and updated it their RC?
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2022, 06:22   #1406

Around the time of 2nd free service, I noticed a couple of rust spots at identical places on both sides under the tail gate. Did anyone else have the same/similar issue?
I brought it to the notice of the service advisor at AutoVikas Mayapuri and had to send the car separately to bodyshop for the complete tail gate to be repainted. The experience with the concerned service advisor was horrible but the issues were rectified every time it was brought to the notice of Service Head.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_4061.jpeg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_4064.jpeg  

Abhiyaantrik is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 17:52   #1407

I just returned from Tata showroom and got to know that all the three additional features from Kaziranga edition (AQi, Air Purifier & front ventilated seats) are coming to all the regular Harrier variants in a week. There seems to be an increase in the Ex-showroom price by 50K.

With this set of features addition, rear disc brakes and electronic parking brake seem to be a distant dream. Whoever is waiting for them should take the plunge as it is not worth more waiting.
itsaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2022, 16:48   #1408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsaj View Post
I just returned from Tata showroom and got to know that all the three additional features from Kaziranga edition (AQi, Air Purifier & front ventilated seats) are coming to all the regular Harrier variants in a week.
Would these also make to the "Accessories Catalog" and can be retrofitted on the existing cars at the showroom ?
Old 13th March 2022, 11:46   #1409

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling_Stock View Post
Would these also make to the "Accessories Catalog" and can be retrofitted on the existing cars at the showroom ?
When I asked about it, they had no clue.
Old 14th March 2022, 18:50   #1410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsaj View Post
I just returned from Tata showroom and got to know that all the three additional features from Kaziranga edition (AQi, Air Purifier & front ventilated seats) are coming to all the regular Harrier variants in a week. There seems to be an increase in the Ex-showroom price by 50K.

This is true. Went to the dealership for something, and came across a White DT Harrier on display- same colour as mine. Out of curiosity went to check it out and was surprised (want to use a much stronger word). The car had ventilated seats, wireless charging, Airpurifier, Wireless Android Auto, Connected Car tech.

Imagine the plight of someone like me who got the car in last one month, owing an outdated car even after paying the top bucks. I have actually raised a formal complaint with Tata Motors regarding the same.

To put salt in the wound, it still carries the same exchange discount as the older models. There is a price hike of about 40k, though sales agent wasn't sure about this. They also didn't have any idea of these features making it to Harrier - they have received the display vehicle 3 days back.

On the prospect of retrofitting these features - seems like wireless charging and Android auto will be software update. I say so, because the wireless charging pad is exactly like the one in my harrier.

AQI: will probably be retrofitted by Tata - under driver's seat there is open plug of sorts, which is not for OBD diagnostics. In the new models that plug has some equipment attached to it and covered under driver's seat. So guess is that it is for airpurifier. Other guess is that it could be for wifi connectivity. I saw that option as well in the updated menu on infotainment unit.

Ventilated seats: Not sure if the size of perforation will have any role to play in ventilated seats. The perforated pattern on ventilated seats has larger holes for the air compared to perforated pattern of standard seats. The ventilation mechanism is in forward segment of those seats.

Feeling duped and taken for a ride, not sure who thought this will be a good idea to introduce these features discreetly.
CarBorne is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks