Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2022, 20:11   #1411
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

While I understand your concern, you can't really blame tata, harrier has been around for sometime, and has not got any significant updates. These were long time coming specially since Safari already gets them. This update was even more apparent once they launched the kaziranga edition. The competition has moved on and to stay relevant tata has to continue upgrading and keep the product fresh.

It's time we had an updated harrier which includes all the new updates alongwith 360 degree camera, updated infotainment system and disc brakes all around

It's a chicken and egg story you buy car early you get it cheaper you buy it late you take the price increase pinch, good for tata to accompany price hikes with updates.

Last edited by AtheK : 14th March 2022 at 20:22.
AtheK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 09:44   #1412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
It's a chicken and egg story you buy car early you get it cheaper you buy it late you take the price increase pinch, good for tata to accompany price hikes with updates.
Exactly my views.

I would have been really livid if the feature increase is not accompanied by a price increase.

As someone booked a Harrier Dark Edition XZ+ a few weeks back, I had the option of waiting for these features (once Kaziranga edition was released, this was writing on the wall), but when I evaluated the features viz the price increase, I did not find it attractive and opted to get the car allocated asap so that I will get the car without these features.

One of my friends also booked Harrier after 2 weeks I made my booking and he is also of the same opinion and wanted a car without these features, but since his car is still not allocated, his chances are really sim to get an example without these features.

The increase in price takes Harrier XZ+ Dark Edition's ex-showroom price over 20L and in Karnataka, and this is accompanied by a 1% increase in road tax, so the effective on-road price increase will be more.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2022, 01:34   #1413
BHPian

After 15 months of ownership, gave my car for PPF. Took so much time to decide the place considering the workmanship and price every other detailing workshop is charging. Much needed in order to avoid scratches to a certain extent. Dropped the car off on Sunday and will be going to collect it tomorrow.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_7005.jpg
Highh5 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 14:22   #1414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
After 15 months of ownership, gave my car for PPF.
Just a wild question. Is it better to get the PPF on a brand new car (or) after an ageing period of 2-3 years ?
Does the above make a visible difference in the overall appeal / gloss ?
Old 17th March 2022, 20:02   #1415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling_Stock View Post
Just a wild question. Is it better to get the PPF on a brand new car (or) after an ageing period of 2-3 years ?
Does the above make a visible difference in the overall appeal / gloss ?
PPF is Paint Protection Film and quoting from the 3M website - "is a transparent/matte, self-healing film that protects car paintwork and sensitive areas of the vehicle from stone chips, scratches, insect damage, tar, stains from vehicle fluids and weathering, including strong UV radiation".

As for when to get the ppf - best done when the car is purchased new and has negligible damage on the paint or if done after 2-3 years, will prevent the paint from degrading further.

Last edited by Porschefire : 17th March 2022 at 20:04.
Old 20th March 2022, 10:25   #1416
BHPian

Quick Question : What format flash drive is supported by the infotainment. I tried using a sandisk 64gb formatted in exfat and it doesn’t seem to detect any songs. What am I doing wrong ?
Old 22nd March 2022, 10:22   #1417
Senior - BHPian

Tata Harrier gets an air purifier in almost all variants

Earlier this year, Tata Motors introduced an air purifier in the Harrier Kaziranga edition. Now, the feature is available in almost all standard variants of the SUV.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-2020tataharrierfacelift01-1.jpg

Tata is now offering an air purifier in the XT, XT+, XZ, XZ+, XTA+, XZA and XZA+ variants of the Harrier. Prices for the Harrier with the air purifier start from Rs 17,21,400 (ex-showroom).

Apart from the new feature addition, Tata hasn't made any mechanical changes to the Harrier. The SUV is powered by the same 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine that produces 168 BHP and 350 Nm. The engine is mated to either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 22nd March 2022 at 10:23.
TusharK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 11:01   #1418
BHPian

Oh my god!
This has got to be the funniest thing today!

Most TATA fan boys online troll Kia/Hyundai for having an 'air purifier' and they mock it to be a gimmick.

Tata just UNO Reverse moved them
omranga98 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 12:15   #1419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Tata Harrier gets an air purifier in almost all variants

Earlier this year, Tata Motors introduced an air purifier in the Harrier Kaziranga edition. Now, the feature is available in almost all standard variants of the SUV.
Not only this, now XZ+ and XZA+ plus versions come with iRA and ventilated seats, which is accompanied by a price hike. The Dark Edition XZ+ price got increased by 46,600 INR.

--Anoop
Old 22nd March 2022, 14:40   #1420
BHPian

I was torn between the Harrier and the XUV 7OO. I desperately wanted to book the Harrier as I am in love with the Evosique design, LR pedigree and the overall stance. My wife has never been a Tata fan, still I managed to convince her to have a look at the Harrier.

So we go on Staurday afternoon to the Dev Motors showroom near Symbiosis. I am met by one of the most unenthusiastic sales person. All that he did was give me a price list and mumbled about new features in XZA+. There was no enthusiasm to show me the car, explains features, positives... Still I managed to get my wife to sit in the car and first thing she said are plastics are pretty sad. Especially the dashboard. Hard plastics all around. It definitely needed soft touch plastics. Even the horn button was sad. So unfortunately I was not able to convince my wife to look at this car.

Contrast this to the Mahindra showroom where the sales person was well informed, eager to make the sale and explained everything in detail. The interior of the XUV too looks modern and rich ( I personally like the dials on Harrier) but the screen is definitely a wow. Took a long drive on the highway which is where we will be using the car primarily. Again all features explained.

We ended up leaving the showroom having booked the XUV 7OO. Sad the way sales and after sales are being handled by Tata.
Palio_2005 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 10:46   #1421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Still I managed to get my wife to sit in the car and first thing she said are plastics are pretty sad. Especially the dashboard. Hard plastics all around. It definitely needed soft touch plastics. Even the horn button was sad. So unfortunately I was not able to convince my wife to look at this car.

Contrast this to the Mahindra showroom where the sales person was well informed, eager to make the sale and explained everything in detail. The interior of the XUV too looks modern and rich ( I personally like the dials on Harrier) but the screen is definitely a wow. Took a long drive on the highway which is where we will be using the car primarily. Again all features explained.

We ended up leaving the showroom having booked the XUV 7OO. Sad the way sales and after sales are being handled by Tata.
Hard plastic on Harrier Dash !!! Really ?! I totally agree on the horn pad part though. Mine is 1.5 years and the soft plastics on dash has aged well. Mine is a CAMO edition so it comes with Black seats and Stone grey dash as Dark edition.

Which variant of XUV 700 did you book and what is the waiting period quoted ?
Turbo_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 10:51   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
This should be a welcome move, as per recent reports 63 of the 100 most polluted places in the world is in India.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th March 2022 at 23:00. Reason: Adding quote
Old 23rd March 2022, 15:51   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_head View Post
Hard plastic on Harrier Dash !!! Really ?! I totally agree on the horn pad part though. Mine is 1.5 years and the soft plastics on dash has aged well. Mine is a CAMO edition so it comes with Black seats and Stone grey dash as Dark edition.

Which variant of XUV 700 did you book and what is the waiting period quoted ?
I will go to another Tata showroom and check out again. The fact remains that inspite of me visiting the showroom, I am yet to receive a call either from the showroom or Tata asking for a feedback. Contrast this to the Mahindra team. I have received several calls from the dealer to MnM asking about the experience, car, feedback for improvement etc...

I have booked the AX7 variant and waiting period is 18 months.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 11:58   #1424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I will go to another Tata showroom and check out again. The fact remains that inspite of me visiting the showroom, I am yet to receive a call either from the showroom or Tata asking for a feedback. Contrast this to the Mahindra team. I have received several calls from the dealer to MnM asking about the experience, car, feedback for improvement etc...

I have booked the AX7 variant and waiting period is 18 months.
For me, I never got a call from Mahindra after test driving the XUV700, but KHT was very aggressive in following up and closing the sale.

--Anoop
Old 26th March 2022, 21:05   #1425
BHPian

I booked a Harrier XZA on 11th Feb from Auto Matrix Udupi and during booking I was promised a waiting period of 45 days. After 4 weeks of waiting, I started to follow up with my sales advisor. I just wanted to understand when I will hear some progress on the booking so that I can arrange my finances. Since then, the SA has been dilly dallying saying it’ll come in a few days. Now that the promised waiting period was over with absolutely no sign of the car, I escalated the matter to the region manager.

Got a call from their main branch in Mangalore that they will try to expedite the process, but they have absolutely no idea when the car is expected. Is this how the normal order process is these days? In the past I’ve only bought cars from Hyundai/Maruti, but they seemed to be better informed about these processes. I see a complete lack of any kind of process with Tata.

I’m a little jittery mainly since I need to return to Bangalore in three weeks since office is starting and I feel there will be no progress seeing how clueless these guys are. What do you folks recommend? Continue to wait? I just wish someone could tell me when I could expect the car to arrive. Is there someone in Tata who can tell where my booking is?

On the official Harrier review thread I see some people are getting deliveries in 4-6 weeks. Was it a mistake to book the car in a tier 3 city? Should I just cancel and book it in Bangalore instead?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks