Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2021, 03:38   #766
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_head View Post
Wanted to check if hardwiring of dashcam is a good option. Will that put the electricals warranty void in case we do that ?

Since the only 12 v port is inside the arm rest, I don't want to use it to connect the dashcam. Also hard wiring it will help with parking surveillance which might not work if connected to the 12volts port.
Which dashcam are you installing? I wired mine to connect to the rear USB port. Since there are two using one is fine and the wires are almost invisible.

I want to hardwire mine but every time I ask about this I am reminded that I will lose my warranty. Which is idiotic in my opinion.
Old 17th March 2021, 11:33   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_head View Post
Hi,
Has anybody owning October 2020 manufactured Harrier got a call from service center to change the coolant hose ?
Hello, I also own October 2020 manufactured Harrier but have not received any call from the service center regarding the coolant hose. You received a call from Tata Motors or a specific service center in Chennai?
Old 17th March 2021, 12:08   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Which dashcam are you installing? I wired mine to connect to the rear USB port. Since there are two using one is fine and the wires are almost invisible.

I want to hardwire mine but every time I ask about this I am reminded that I will lose my warranty. Which is idiotic in my opinion.
I was planning for 70 Mai pro plus which comes around 7500 + the hard wiring kit with a proper fuse tap at 1500.

I want the wires as hidden as possible due to my 7 year old who gets curious with each and everything visible.

Does it really affect the warranty ? we are just using the empty port with accurate power requirement.
Old 18th March 2021, 02:08   #769
BHPian

Coolant Hose Pipe and Other updates

Got a call from the showroom from where I bought the car that is Vasu Automobiles, Meerut to get the Coolant Hose pipe changed as per the official recall from Tata Motors a couple of weeks back.
Since the car is in Bengaluru now, Visited Adishakti motors for changing the Coolant Hose pipe for the November 2020 manufactured Harrier and also to get the Infotainment system updated with the latest version. Besides that, I have asked them to fix the front left side mud flap which came off while doing mild off-roading and requested them to route the dangling wires of the dashcam through the A-pillar in a concealed manner, if possible.

Attended by Service Advisor Anil and he instantly updated the infotainment system with the latest version. Since I reached almost at lunchtime, have to wait for around an hour. After lunch, Anil moved my car was to the service bay and parked in a vacant service bay till the time any of the Service mechanics got free. Now the only issue I faced there is there was a choc a block situation inside the service bay area. There were around 20 service bays, but almost 30 plus cars where the extra ones were parked in front of the service bays making it difficult to get the cars moving if someone has to take the car inside or outside. Interestingly even the washing bay uses the same route in order to take the car out of the service bay, a bit cumbersome I must say.

After around half an hour, the car was moved to a service bay where a young chap did the duties on the car, quickly placed the car on the hydraulic ramp and lifted it. This is the first time I was able to witness the underbody of the harrier and it was packed very neatly. Except few wires, fuel and DEF lines that were travelling from the rear side of the axle to the front engine side, I can’t see anything else which was exposed. Impressive, when I compare it to my other Maruti vehicle. Forget to take the pic, however, this made me realize we never had underbody pics in our official reviews.

The coolant hose pipe was changed in a quick and professional way, following all necessary procedures. Anil made sure that the mud flap and Dashcam wires will get fixed too before the car is moved out of the service bay. Technician, who routed the Dashcam wires did a thorough assessment, spent a good amount of time and did a very good job in routing the wire to the central armrest for connection. I would like to say, this was not required and I mentioned it only as a request to Anil, but the way SA and his team went a step ahead and accomplished it, made me feel really happy and satisfied with their services. Those small gestures certainly make a big impact on customers.
Once work was done, again I witnessed the same traffic jam inside the service bay. SA has to move quite a few cars in order to get my car out.

Good bits:
Found the staff friendly and accommodating for all my requests.
They have a nice waiting area overlooking the service bay and have the facility of refreshments like Coffee and tea. (Actually, saw a waiting area along with refreshments first time in a TATA service centre, NEXA is a pioneer in that).
Didn’t keep me waiting for long and were upfront about the time I have to wait for getting things fixed.
Nice enough to fix my dangling dashcam wires and route them through the A-pillar towards the central console.
Bill was absolute zero, didn’t even charge for the nuts they used for fixing the front left mud flap, contrary to the experience I have in Maruti SC.
Staff was knowledgeable and keen on solving your issues, even though there was a huge rush of vehicles, that too on a weekday.

Bad bits:
Service Centre was overcrowded with cars and highly restricts the movement of cars as well.
Not able to find anyone in their accessories department when I want to enquire.

Infotainment Update in Progress
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210318-01.58.06-1.jpeg

And it's updated to this version now.
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210318-01.58.06.jpeg

Culprit, I mean Coolant Hose Pipe
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-1.jpeg

About to get a lift
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-3.jpeg

Overcrowded, isn't it?
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-5.jpeg

Stuck while exiting, Choc-a-bloc situation
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-6.jpeg

Saw this kind of colourful feedback form for the first time. To date, only photostats.
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-updated-copy.jpeg

After a good and thorough 3M wash
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-8.jpeg

This experience was absolutely opposite to the experience I had with Vasu Automobiles, from whom I took the delivery of my vehicle, can say that was one of the worst experiences I had to date. I was really apprehensive of my decision of opting for a TATA vehicle after dealing with them. I did raise a formal complaint about all my issues whenever I got a feedback call but didn’t see any action from TATA motors. Half of the time they have forwarded my complaints to the same service centre who will put pressure on Service Advisors to get the approval from the customer that the complaint has been solved, otherwise the SA will be made to suffer. Must say it was more like dealing with a government office. People sitting as GM of Sales and Service in those Service centres are least bothered about the complaints logged by the customer.

But after dealing with Adishakti motors, I think there are still few good dealerships and Service Centres available, one should be lucky enough to locate those. This time I really wanted to provide very positive feedback ad SA also told me that I will get a call from TATA motors for feedback, but I’m yet to get one.

Last edited by Highh5 : 18th March 2021 at 02:12.
Highh5 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 12:34   #770

Hi all,

I have been an avid follower of Team BHP for many years although I have not participated in any of the forums here.
What I like about this group is the very detailed and systematic coverage of new cars and connected issues and also the honest
feedback given by users about their vehicles. Way ahead of most of the leading auto portals or experts out there

Congrats and Keep it up !

I am from one of the southern most tips of the country - Trivandrum and owns a Honda Civic which I am using for last 13 years
and has so far covered 1.48L kms. Even now it is a joy to ride and doesnt give me any issues. A well refined and polished car
I must say.

My wife drives a Honda Brio.

Now the kids have grown up/tall and I was looking for an automatic SUV in the range of 25L. My choices where between Creta, Seltos,
Harrier and Hector.

BTW, I am a big fan of Fortuner as 2 of my friends own it and they are very very happy with it. However it was ruled out as it
was out of my budget.

Creta and Seltos were ruled out as they were not SUVs. I liked the features of Seltos but the huge waiting period of 4-5 months
put me off.

I test drove Harrier and Hector.

Harrier was really good and I found it be a well grounded car although the hand brake and arm rest were a bummer. I am not a speed
driver and so it looked very good for me. With Hector we were amazed by the set of features but the petrol auto was only
saying 11-12 as mileage and so I was not sure. Also my friends in Gulf region was saying that Hectors were running into trouble
there with some issues etc. My kids loved the Hector and I spent some time in our forums here and saw that most users were reporting less
than 10 as mileage which was not an option to me. I then thought of waiting for the CVT model but then I learned from my friends
who have CVT that it was not a relaible tech to bank on.

and so finally on Feb 3rd week we booked for Harrier XZA+ model in Dual tone (white and black). the dealer was not ready to offer
anything and I only got a 45K discount overall. I took a 1 yr AMC and also a 5 year warranty package for my peace of mind.

They offered to take my Civic on exchange and said theye are giving the best offer and said 90K. I told them you can forget it. I
checked with a car dealer here and he said he can get me 2L.(yet to sell as I am waiting for delivery of Harrier). The delare told
me that I can sell outside and he will give me the exchange bonus of 40k.

I have been promised delivery in 1 month and so I hope to get the car by next week hopefully.

My concerns now are

1. How will I move from a brand like Honda and its refined product to Tata with its known service issues and all the small
niggles and issues reported here

2. The move from petrol to diesel itself will be big for me.

Anyway I know that I am not going to get a 13 year service from a Harrier and mentally preparing myself for the new change
and also to accept the above 2 points.

Thanks to all of you who gave me all the right inputs to make my decision and wishing you all the best !
alextekno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 15:18   #771
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats, alextekno. Wishing you a long happy ownership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alextekno View Post
Anyway I know that I am not going to get a 13 year service from a Harrier and mentally preparing myself for the new change
and also to accept the above 2 points.
This is not necessarily true. We are with our 4th & 5th Tata now. Treat it like a family member. Hopefully only small issues will be there. My Storme is now almost 8 years and inching towards the 1L mark. No plans to change it.
condor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 17:17   #772
Distinguished - BHPian

Our Dark XZ cutie MT has arrived at the dealer.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img20210317wa0011.jpg

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img20210317wa0010.jpg

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img20210317wa0012.jpg

I had warned my brother enough about the effort that goes into maintaining dark colours. He is optimistic about it though. I am very sure it will be a dust laden car in a few months

Can't wait to feel harrier's 170 PS 350 Nm and then 156 PS 400 Nm of my storme back to back on the highway.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 18th March 2021 at 17:20.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 17:31   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Congrats to your brother for purchasing the Harrier. Surely, the Harrier is a beast in black colour and I admire the Harrier in this colour whenever I see it on roads.

And, I feel the alloys in this version looks much better than the one in the top-end version IMO.
car_guy1998 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 17:44   #774
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Congrats to your brother for purchasing the Harrier. Surely, the Harrier is a beast in black colour and I admire the Harrier in this colour whenever I see it on roads.

And, I feel the alloys in this version looks much better than the one in the top-end version IMO.
Thank you!

Ofcourse, the road presence of dark harrier is unparalleled, or to be honest, paralleled on road by a very very few iconic designs like the new thar
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 18:03   #775
BHPian

Congrats Prasanna! She'e a definite head-turner. Wish you and your brother lakhs of happy kilometers with your new steed!

Quote:
I am very sure it will be a dust laden car in a few months
Few months?! Man, with black shade and our beautiful dusty roads, few moments are enough I'd say. We live with our black cars for just fleeting moments of those admiringly beautiful pristine spotless-ness!
museycal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 18:11   #776
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by museycal View Post

Few months?! Man, with black shade and our beautiful dusty roads, few moments are enough I'd say.
New car is like a new wife. The first few months are extra special and every man puts extra effort to keep her warm and welcome.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 18:26   #777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had warned my brother enough about the effort that goes into maintaining dark colours. He is optimistic about it though. I am very sure it will be a dust laden car in a few months

Can't wait to feel harrier's 170 PS 350 Nm and then 156 PS 400 Nm of my storme back to back on the highway.
Congratulations. Could you please elaborate what worked in favour of Harrier against the Safari?
Old 18th March 2021, 18:47   #778
BHPian

Quote:
The alloy wheel design looks to be from the BSIV model. IIRC, the alloy wheel design was changed in the BSVI model. The design is same in all models only it was blacked out in Dark & Camo edition. Has Tata gone back to older design or the design change is limited only to XZ+ / XZA+ models.
MadAbtCars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 19:08   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc73 View Post

Do units on other cars support Carplay (or Andriod Auto) along with music from USB stick ? I guess there should be theoretically no technical issue in the music system supporting 2 USB ports, other than additional cost of doing it, but then I am not sure. Just to experiment I tried a passive USB hub (to connect both phone and USB stick) and as I expected it does not work.
I can play USB songs/ Radio while using android auto/apple car play via Ford sync 3 infotainment on my Ford Ecosport.

Also this folder limit issue is with ford sync 3 infotainment as well.
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 19:18   #780
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Congratulations. Could you please elaborate what worked in favour of Harrier against the Safari?
Thank you.

He had to buy a new car asap as his rapid met with an accident and is declared total loss.
Naturally, the jump from a 4.4 meter Rapid to 4.6m Harrier itself is a step up. Safari is even longer (by 6 cm than harrier). He also doesn't need 3rd row seat as his is a family of 3. Add to it the 1.5 lakh premium, it wasn't worth it when his needs were considered.

To me personally, Harrier looks better and will perform better than the new safari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAbtCars View Post
The alloy wheel design looks to be from the BSIV model. IIRC, the alloy wheel design was changed in the BSVI model. The design is same in all models only it was blacked out in Dark & Camo edition. Has Tata gone back to older design or the design change is limited only to XZ+ / XZA+ models.
Must be. I have no idea about this.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks