Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
UPDATE - 4
UPDATE - 5

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img20210107wa0024.jpg

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20210107_183038_hdr.jpg

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20210107_190421_hdr.jpg

Received delivery on 7 January 2021. This is exactly 27 days after booking the car.
Delivery experience was much better than what I had initially expected.

Got a nice registration number as well :-
WB XX XX 3330

Odometer reading on delivery = 17 km.
All complementary accessories were fitted.

Only undesirable thing was the infinite number of swirl marks throughout the car. I had specifically asked my SA to make sure that only a microfiber cloth be used to clean the car. However, it was not followed, and resulted into these heartbreaking swirl marks on a brand new car.
Now the only way to get rid of these marks would be to get the car professionally polished.

The number plate is supposed to arrive towards the end of this week.

Overall, it was still a very pleasant experience.

Question to the forum members (especially those from Kolkata): My SA says that the card system of RC has been lifted. Now, no cards are issued. He says that the process has been digitalised, and that I would only recieve a paper print-out with all the details of the digitalised Registration Certificate (I'm yet to receive it from the dealer).
Dear forum members, kindly confirm and throw some light upon this system.

I had last bought a new car in December 2018. The card system of RC existed then. I have no knowledge of this new system.

Regards.
Big Smoke is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 20:37   #617
Distinguished - BHPian

Despite not having a crash test rating yet, the Harrier seems to be a very safe car. Check out the pictures of this major accident from where all occupants emerged unhurt.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/tata-harrier-...engers-unhurt/
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 21:16   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Despite not having a crash test rating yet, the Harrier seems to be a very safe car. Check out the pictures of this major accident from where all occupants emerged unhurt.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/tata-harrier-...engers-unhurt/
Ya that's reassuring, but as detailed the issue is only pertaining to the footwell, I can't bring myself to think about plonking my money when a niggling doubt exists.
Old 12th January 2021, 11:22   #619

Hi everybody

Last week I took delivery XZ+ Automatic and I am facing engine stalling at low speeds especially between 40-60 and although once it reaches 80+. It is a very smooth drive.
Please guide.

Mod Note: Please avoid typing like.... this...

Last edited by ampere : 15th January 2021 at 23:27. Reason: Dotty post + formatted
Akash Kaushik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 17:01   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash Kaushik View Post
Hi everybody... Last week I took delivery XZ+ Automatic and I am facing engine stalling at low speeds especially between 40-60 and although once it reaches 80+, it is a very smooth drive... Please guide
Which drive mode you are using? A little bit lag is there in ECO mode, otherwise there is no issue in CITY and SPORTS drive modes.
However, in case of acceleration peddle is pressed hard (suddenly), the transmission downshifts the gear and this in ECO mode (take around a second to respond) may give you the feel of engine stalling.

Last edited by KSingh : 12th January 2021 at 17:03.
KSingh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 15:24   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post

3. In another exclusive scoop, Tata is expected to launch the connected car platform on the Harrier in the next couple of months. So Harrier will get these features before the Gravitas.
Hi Ram,

Any info on whether TATA decided to skip the connected car update for the Harrier. The SAFARI (Or the Gravitas) is about to be launched with these connected car tech features and few other differentiators. I was waiting to book the harrier for sometime now hoping this feature would soon be there.

I don't really need or fancy a 6-7 seater. Considering Safari is launched ~1Lac over the equivalent harrier and with the current discounts on Harrier, the price difference would come close to 2 Lacs on road. If the reports are to be believed, the Safari would get Electronic parking brake, Connected car, TPMS + the additional seats. I don't think it would be any wiser to go for the Safari instead of the Harrier or am I missing something here?
Old 14th January 2021, 15:37   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raman.aries View Post
If I have anything to complain, its about the brakes. I did not expect the brakes to be this spongy. That was quite a letdown since it did not give the confidence one expects. Dont know if this is made worse by the lack of rear disc brakes and its heft.

The dipped beam, which is LED, is decent. However, the bright beam is halogen and it isnt all that impressive.
I have not driven the 2020 Harrier (did drive the launch version though). Surprised to hear about the brakes as the general consensus seems to be that they get the job done well inspite of the drums at the rear. For reference, my Hexa's brakes do feel a little spongy as well inspite of being disks all around but I don't think that really impacts the stopping distance.

I believe the fully loaded version of the Harrier has HID low beams. I dont think the Harrier uses LED in any version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post

Question to the forum members (especially those from Kolkata): My SA says that the card system of RC has been lifted. Now, no cards are issued. He says that the process has been digitalised, and that I would only recieve a paper print-out with all the details of the digitalised Registration Certificate (I'm yet to receive it from the dealer).
Dear forum members, kindly confirm and throw some light upon this system.

I had last bought a new car in December 2018. The card system of RC existed then. I have no knowledge of this new system.

Regards.
Have not heard of this. I am not in Kolkata though currently and so maybe it is a very recent change. That being said, legally an RC in Vaahan or Digilocker is valid but given the inconsistency in digital understanding of the police force across the country, I would be apprehensive if I did not have a physical RC lying around somewhere! Maybe you can cross check with some other dealers as well?

Last edited by Sheel : 15th January 2021 at 17:31. Reason: Please edit / multi-quote your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
Strangerintown is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 16:24   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
I would be apprehensive if I did not have a physical RC lying around somewhere!
Yes, I have the same apprehension. And for that, the dealer is giving me a print-out of the digital RC.
Quote:
Maybe you can cross check with some other dealers as well?
I was planning to do that. But to be honest, I am not very concerned about this change at the moment, since I received an SMS from the RTO that my car has been registered, and the details of the same can be viewed in digilocker.

Thanks for your advice.
Big Smoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 10:51   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
Surprised to hear about the brakes as the general consensus seems to be that they get the job done well inspite of the drums at the rear.
I believe the fully loaded version of the Harrier has HID low beams. I dont think the Harrier uses LED in any version.
I was driving a Polo and a Nexon before I drove the Harrier. That could be why I felt the brakes were inadequate, assuming that both these cars have better brakes. Did not feel as though the brakes could keep up with the rest of the car, esp considering how effortlessly it was picking up speed. It really felt spongy, dunno why.

With regards to the low beams, thank you for pointing that out. I assumed that it was LED - did not verify. I stand corrected.
Old 15th January 2021, 17:11   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raman.aries View Post
I was driving a Polo and a Nexon before I drove the Harrier. That could be why I felt the brakes were inadequate, assuming that both these cars have better brakes. Did not feel as though the brakes could keep up with the rest of the car, esp considering how effortlessly it was picking up speed. It really felt spongy, dunno why.
I have driven Harrier over 4000Kms and never felt that brakes are inadequate. Yes, they are spongy when compared to my previous Ecosport. But even on a couple of hard braking instances at high speeds, the vehicle slowed down without any issues.

Last edited by Sheel : 15th January 2021 at 17:31. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
rsanthosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 22:54   #626
BHPian

BHPians,

Safari (or the 7 seater Harrier ) will be launched by the end of this month. Leaks have confirmed rear disc brake, connected car features etc. How long do you think will Tata take to update the same on Harrier?
Old 16th January 2021, 13:41   #627
Senior - BHPian

In an exclusive walkaround of the Tata Harrier plant, Mohan Savarkar, VP (Product Line Head, PVBU) TataMotors explains some key aspects of building the SUV and also discusses some interesting engineering topics.

Tata Harrier weld shop tour

Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2021, 15:59   #628
Team-BHP Support

The videos are really interesting but one cant help but feel the initial 2019 owners of the Harrier have gotten a proper half baked car which probably doesn't have this welding quality as well!! We were more concerned of panel gaps and plastic panels not matching but here the video says they ensured welds are proper and some weld joints are not missed out. That means the 2019 cars might have improper welds and missing welding joints as well.

I have never heard of international brands having to fix weld issues and you hardly see parts changing so much.
Vid6639 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 01:32   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandeepkamboj View Post
I am facing exactly the same issue.
Brake sound- When I press the brake with a light foot and bring the car to stop, an audible "Khad" sound is observed.
Car moving left (additionally, on uneven roads steering always turns to left side)- For this wheel alignment and wheel swapping was done (for front wheels). It helped but the problem still persists, I am waiting for 1000 km service, will get these rectified during the service.
Hi All,

I am facing exact same issue as mentioned above. I also did wheel alignment and wheel swapping however issue has worsened with car pulling left. I have taken delivery this Monday and hence car has not even completed 200kms on odo.

Same issue with brakes with a thud sound coming. Is this some manufacturing defect or both are linked.
@amandeepkamboj - Is your issue resolved? And if yes how?

Also based on past threads seems these issues have not been resolved. Hence can someone please post tata email addresses for serious escalation? I am planning to escalate this.

Last edited by shashankrt : 18th January 2021 at 01:48.
Old 18th January 2021, 09:51   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

I have never heard of international brands having to fix weld issues and you hardly see parts changing so much.
International brands don't talk about this sort of thing. They make improvements quietly and claim "ALL NEW!" for even minor improvements. We only need to look at problems threads in our own tech section to see what sort of problems foreign brands have.
Motard_Blr is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks