Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2020, 12:51   #496
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

This must have been mentioned many times over earlier on many threads, but well worth mentioning again-

The Harrier is, THE best 5-seater SUV, in the current scenario. That is after considering all aspects where some might score more points than the Harrier. But ultimately it is as a package that we judge cars and it is a pity that the Harrier is not a smashing hit that it deserves to be .
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 13:06   #497
BHPian

Are the xz/xza variant still produced with the silver skid plates?

All variants above and below have moved on to black.

Can any new owners confirm?
Old 8th December 2020, 13:36   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Congrats on your new Ride!! The Camo color is a very nice addition to the options in my opinion. Better than the all black.

What treatment do they exactly do for the rodent? 3 months is a very short time
According to 3M the smell is what keeps rodents away and it fades in about 3 months time.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-3mrodentrepellent1_1024x1024.jpg  

Turbo_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 13:53   #499

Hi, I have booked my TATA Harrier XZA+ white from Arya Motors, Gurugram, and delivery is expected around 20 December 2020. Please guide about 2 things:

1. What should I notice on the Pre-delivery inspection

2. My only concern is boot space in Harrier... what are your thoughts about boot space in Harrier, as it is less compared to its competitors... Hector- 587 liters, Creta- 433 liters, Seltos- 433 liters, and my present cars-Volkswagen Vento (to be replaced by Harrier)- 494 liters and Beleno- 339 liters.
Akash Kaushik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 23:06   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash Kaushik View Post
1. What should I notice on the Pre-delivery inspection

2. My only concern is boot space in Harrier... what are your thoughts about boot space in Harrier, as it is less compared to its competitors
Congrats Akash, wish you many happy miles on the beast. There is thread on PDI and Team BHP's PDI list is very thorough. Do take note of the kms in odo.

Compared to Hector, the space is less in Harrier, but the 425 liters is a misnomer. The reason I say that is because, there are two large compartments under the boot floor, which can be utilized. Things like cover, tools, dusters, etc. can be placed there freeing up the bootspace for luggage or you could use that to store luggage as well.
AmitRavi07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 02:07   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitRavi07 View Post
Congrats Akash, wish you many happy miles on the beast. There is thread on PDI and Team BHP's PDI list is very thorough. Do take note of the kms in odo.

Compared to Hector, the space is less in Harrier, but the 425 liters is a misnomer. The reason I say that is because, there are two large compartments under the boot floor, which can be utilized. Things like cover, tools, dusters, etc. can be placed there freeing up the bootspace for luggage or you could use that to store luggage as well.
Totally agree ! I have my Jopasu set, Tire inflator and few other knick knacks stored under the boot floor.
Turbo_head is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 11:38   #502
BHPian

God, This Render of Tata Harrier Pick-Up Truck by XLR8 is stunning!

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-tataharrierpickuprender.jpg
kamilharis is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 13:53   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
It is for the same reason that crossovers like Creta and Seltos have 4wd variants available in global markets but Hyundai hasn't bothered to launch them here in India. Only CBU/CKDs like Tucson have this option.
i felt Harrier platform can take more beating than Seltos/Creta. Harrier bad road manners are good and even you can afford to miss some speed breakers but creta / seltos didn't give me that confidence. In my opinion, for India rural roads , Harrier is the best when compared to creta/seltos
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 13:56   #504
BHPian

I registered my interest in Harrier on Tata website yesterday evening. I got a call from Tata customer support today and they asked if the dealer has contacted me yet. I said no, they assured callback.

After few minutes I got call from wrong dealer who is far away from my location. They then assured someone from different dealership which is near to my home will call me. Till now no call. I tried looking up their phone number on Google, but no luck. Looks like dealers are also not willing to sell Tata cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_head View Post
According to 3M the smell is what keeps rodents away and it fades in about 3 months time.
This is funny, because when I got my vehicle this rodent treatment, the 3M manager said it is not smell, but there will thick coating on all wires due to this spray and rats will not able to chew the wiring anymore.
Old 9th December 2020, 14:51   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
i felt Harrier platform can take more beating than Seltos/Creta. Harrier bad road manners are good and even you can afford to miss some speed breakers but creta / seltos didn't give me that confidence. In my opinion, for India rural roads , Harrier is the best when compared to creta/seltos
McPherson strut upfront like all other normal cars, it sure can be tuned to give you that invincible magic carpet like feel but not an abuse friendly design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
I registered my interest in Harrier on Tata website yesterday evening. I got a call from Tata customer support today and they asked if the dealer has contacted me yet. I said no, they assured callback.

After few minutes I got call from wrong dealer who is far away from my location. They then assured someone from different dealership which is near to my home will call me. Till now no call. I tried looking up their phone number on Google, but no luck. Looks like dealers are also not willing to sell Tata cars?
You have to often buy the car from a Tata dealer, they do not sell it to you. Sales satisfaction is not their strength. The product in itself is perhaps worth the trouble and value for money.
Old 9th December 2020, 19:24   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
McPherson strut upfront like all other normal cars, it sure can be tuned to give you that invincible magic carpet like feel but not an abuse friendly design.
MacPherson strut is a type of suspension system, how its implemented and tuned is different for different cars. So it can definitely be setup to take up a lot of abuse.
AmitRavi07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 20:55   #507

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitRavi07 View Post

Thanks for clearing my doubts...
Akash Kaushik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 08:07   #508
BHPian

Quote:

After few minutes I got call from wrong dealer who is far away from my location. They then assured someone from different dealership which is near to my home will call me. Till now no call. I tried looking up their phone number on Google, but no luck. Looks like dealers are also not willing to sell Tata cars?.
I had a similar experience. Frustrated with the lack of interest from dealership, I emailed the customer care mail id and complained about how the dealers were not interested in selling the cars. I then got a call from the regional sales team of TML followed by a prompt call from the dealer and the TD was scheduled at the earliest. Dealer had become pretty after this escalation. You may want to try that.
rags.singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 11:44   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rags.singh View Post
I had a similar experience. Frustrated with the lack of interest from dealership, I emailed the customer care mail id and complained about how the dealers were not interested in selling the cars. I then got a call from the regional sales team of TML followed by a prompt call from the dealer and the TD was scheduled at the earliest. Dealer had become pretty after this escalation. You may want to try that.
I had the same experience when purchasing Nexon EV. I had to escalate to Tata to get a call back from the dealer. Once it was escalated, the dealer response was great and was extremely courteous, and the entire buying experience was well handled.
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 12:21   #510
BHPian

https://mobile.twitter.com/nkhemchan...75673745850368

This user complains of steering getting locked while driving, twice!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks