Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2020, 18:43   #451
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

A few visuals of this week's drive to Rajmachi over really really bad trails.

Car handles brilliantly over bad roads
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20201129_100251.jpg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20201129_115926.jpg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img_20201129_11482101.jpeg  

ihrishi is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 18:50   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post

Harrier looks really smashing. Kudos to TATA designers for churning out this beauty

I would pay a lakh more than koreans just for the looks & macho presence

Last edited by SoumenD : 1st December 2020 at 18:52.
SoumenD is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 21:56   #453
BHPian

Quote:

Looks smashing!
How's your overall experience with the Harrier so far? Any niggles? Do you find it comfortable to handle it in city traffic?
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 22:11   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
Looks smashing!
How's your overall experience with the Harrier so far? Any niggles? Do you find it comfortable to handle it in city traffic?
It's been flawless so far. Fingers crossed.
Not even an glitch in the infotainment system.
The handling and ride quality is simply outstanding. The feeling of speed is missing! You can cruise all day long on silence at 90-100.

From an urban perspective, it's really surprised me to how easy it is to live with, especially the auto box. Makes life so much simpler. Overtaking is a breeze. Steering is spot on at both low and high speeds. One thing worth mentioning is the turning radius. Or rather the lack of it. Sometimes I feel its even lesser than that of the Linea which was my previous ride.
ihrishi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st December 2020, 22:17   #455
BHPian

Quote:
One thing worth mentioning is the turning radius. Or rather the lack of it. Sometimes I feel its even lesser than that of the Linea which was my previous ride.
I’d agree with you on this. Even though I took just a couple of test rides only yet. The turning radius was or seemed to be surprisingly less than my Rapid
Garth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 08:04   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
Even though I took just a couple of test rides only yet
Hey Garth ,
Did you decide on the next ride ? I think you are confused between Harrier and Tucson or Jeep is also there in the race
greyhound82 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 12:41   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Hey Garth ,
Did you decide on the next ride ? I think you are confused between Harrier and Tucson or Jeep is also there in the race
I am sold on the Harrier. Not going for the Tucson even though it was a sad one to let go.
The second row space, boot and the fact that the Harrier was 5 big ones cheaper tilted the scales. Haven’t booked it yet. Will do so in the next few days or so.
Garth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 12:53   #458
BHPian

Quote:

Lovely images. The car looks stunning. The images of this car itself makes it aspirational. I am sure driving it would be so much more satisfying.

Quick question - how is the braking considering Drum brakes at the rear? Do you feel its adequate when fully loaded with 5 pax + luggage ? What kind of mileage you are getting inside the city as one of the reviewers said it is in single digit ?
thanks
ShankarG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 14:21   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankarG View Post
Quick question - how is the braking considering Drum brakes at the rear? Do you feel its adequate when fully loaded with 5 pax + luggage ? What kind of mileage you are getting inside the city as one of the reviewers said it is in single digit ?
thanks
1. brakes are good and adequate . most of our high way trips were with 2 people but in state highways of Kerala with 4 people it was good

2. for me highway mileage hovers around 15-17kmpl (2 people onboard) , city mileage 12 - 13 kmpl (not metros , cities like Trivandrum and Bhopal but in peak hours )

Quote:
I am sold on the Harrier. Not going for the Tucson even though it was a sad one to let go.
The second row space, boot and the fact that the Harrier was 5 big ones cheaper tilted the scales. Haven’t booked it yet. Will do so in the next few days or so.
I was drooling around Tuscon(was not available for test drive back in August) but thinking of usage(rough roads + beater+ Tourer ) + Savings + Awesome driving manners and looks decided to go with Harrier . At 9k within 3 months , for me the decision was good

extremely sorry for back to back posts. Mods , kindly merge the posts.

Last edited by vb-saan : 2nd December 2020 at 14:34. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use edit/multi-quote options when posting back-to-back. Thanks!
greyhound82 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 08:16   #460
BHPian

Quote:
thanks
The brakes are quite good, have never felt the need for more bite yet. Having said that, better brakes are always a good to have and that’s for every vehicle.
The worst I have got in city traffic is @12.x and the best I have got is @17 on the highways. This is the figure reported by the car and not tankful to tankful method. Getting this kind of mileage and that too for an automatic, exceeds my expectations.
ihrishi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 12:58   #461
BHPian

Quote:
The brakes are quite good, have never felt the need for more bite yet. Having said that, better brakes are always a good to have and that’s for every vehicle.
The worst I have got in city traffic is @12.x and the best I have got is @17 on the highways. This is the figure reported by the car and not tankful to tankful method..
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
1. brakes are good and adequate . most of our high way trips were with 2 people but in state highways of Kerala with 4 people it was good

2. for me highway mileage hovers around 15-17kmpl (2 people onboard) , city mileage 12 - 13 kmpl...
Wow. this kind of average with stunning looks is a big reason to take the plunge. Tata's have given us an all-rounder. IMO, a petrol version is a must now considering the line up from Jeep, Skoda, VW and others. It will be a big pull for the prospects of Seltos / Creta top end variants to jump the ship.
ShankarG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 21:19   #462
BHPian

I booked my Harrier XZA+ Dark edition today. Delivery promised in max of 2 weeks.
Garth is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 22:00   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I booked my Harrier XZA+ Dark edition today. Delivery promised in max of 2 weeks.
Congratulations, really nice to see good number of our members picking this car, usually we have seen everyone praising Tata cars, but not many buying them. Putting such big amount on a Tata car by bhp team members, speaks volumes that Tata is making progress, and if you get the right product with the right price people will buy it.

Wish you many happy miles on your new steed.

Last edited by AtheK : 3rd December 2020 at 22:23.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 23:49   #464
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
really nice to see good number of our members picking this car, usually we have seen everyone praising Tata cars, but not many buying them. Putting such big amount on a Tata car by bhp team members, speaks volumes that Tata is making progress, and if you get the right product with the right price people will buy it.

Yes. Harrier 2.0 (BS6) in 2020 has done pretty well compared to 2019 and held on to its sales numbers of >2k units per month in the recent months. This is inspite of most variants costing between ₹20-25 lakhs on-road in many states.

Harrier sold 2200 units in this month of Nov-2020 and ~2400 units in Oct-2020.
Source:
https://www.autopunditz.com/tata-mot...for-the-month/

Probably the launch of it’s 7-seater elder brother Gravitas in Jan-2020 with better features like all-disc brakes and electronic parking brake (& possibly connected-car tech) will push the sales of Harrier+Gravitas above 3k per month in future.

Quote:
Tata's have given us an all-rounder. It will be a big pull for the prospects of Seltos / Creta top end variants to jump the ship.
Tata will have to launch the XTA+(Auto) version and add connected-car tech to push the Harrier sales even higher than 2.5k per month(and steal sales from top-end Creta/Seltos). Right now I think it is stealing sales from Compass & Tucson.

I don’t see Tata launching Harrier petrol version even in 2021. Plus I am not sure if a 1.5 Ltr turbo-petrol engine will do justice to the size and weight of Harrier like this 2.0 Ltr MultiJet Diesel engine does. I wish they would localise the JLR’s 2.0 Ltr Ingenium petrol engine and launch it in Harrier.
Napalm is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 15:41   #465
BHPian

Guys. I have waited for the end of the year to get a good deal. Moreover with the pandemic travel was very restricted. What's the best you guys are getting?

A potential reduction of 50k with insurance and a 50k discount is a minimum I would expect. If not, I would probably wait for a newer model next year. Thoughts?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks