Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2020, 13:02   #331
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

I got the delivery of my Black Panther (XZA+) two days back. The overall delivery experience with the dealer (Lakshmi Motors, Chennai) was good. I experienced better service with these guys as compared to general perception with TATA motor's SAs.

I have now driven the vehicle around 250 Km (took delivery with 16 km ODO reading). The drive quality, sitting comfort & space, and finally, the road presence is outstanding. The suspension of the car is very comfortable, and transmission is very smooth & refined.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-edited2.jpg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-edited1.jpg  

KSingh is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 16:17   #332
BHPian

I went to the dealer's stockyard on Saturday for pre-registration PDI. Found a scratch and ding on the rear part. Dealer said that this will be rectified by replacing the parts as it is a manufacturing defect and its TML's responsibility. Got a call later that they want to assign another October manufactured car to me.

I will have to go for the inspection again and my wife is not very happy about it.
rags.singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 17:30   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rags.singh View Post
I went to the dealer's stockyard on Saturday for pre-registration PDI. Found a scratch and ding on the rear part. Dealer said that this will be rectified by replacing the parts as it is a manufacturing defect and its TML's responsibility. Got a call later that they want to assign another October manufactured car to me.

I will have to go for the inspection again and my wife is not very happy about it.
I can understand the disappointment you may be feeling about waiting further and that after you planned the vehicle's delivery in a few days. But I think it is good for you that you found it at PDI before registration. Otherwise, it may be impossible to replace the vehicle and you may have to accept the vehicle repaired or replaced at the dealer's workshop .
Take it positively, and don't spoil your mood [Patience is always bitter but the results are always sweetest].
KSingh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 15:15   #334
BHPian

Completed 5k mark during the drive from Kerala to Bhopal . Got a mileage of 15.4 for a drive of 2200km comprises of highways and Bangalore evening traffic ( took 3 hrs to cross)
Almost all the drive was in city mode
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-9cf81a9eb3174ac5a303df3fa42cbda5.jpeg

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-f6ba2e57a17e491197e98730d4eb5448.jpeg

Last edited by greyhound82 : 27th October 2020 at 15:17.
greyhound82 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 15:46   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Completed 5k mark during the drive from Kerala to Bhopal . Got a mileage of 15.4 for a drive of 2200km comprises of highways and Bangalore evening traffic ( took 3 hrs to cross)
Almost all the drive was in city mode
Great , 15.4 km/l is a good number with local city drives.
What was the maximum speed at which you have driven it on highways?
KSingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 16:49   #336
BHPian

Quote:
That's very good. Please share more pics from the ride. How is your ownership experience holding up after the initial hiccups?
Old 27th October 2020, 20:21   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSingh View Post
What was the maximum speed at which you have driven it on highways?
Quote:
Originally Posted by andafunda View Post
Please share more pics from the ride. How is your ownership experience holding up after the initial hiccups?
1. Average speed on highways = 110 km/hr . The problem is you will not know till you reach 120( over speed chimes )
2. We hardly took any pictures . The experience is amazing so far with the car other than the initial hiccups . At my age (38 running ) I was able to drove continuously for 20hrs with 2 breaks that too through notorious Bangalore traffic on a rainy day with no body pains
3. Harrier took us to a beach ( Kappil near Varkala ), to a Hill Station ( Ponmudi ) , through narrow streets of Trivandrum , some off-road rocky tracks in MP on the way to Chanderi ( thanks to google maps) with out breaking a sweat . We are so happy with our choice
greyhound82 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 23:12   #338

I am planning to up upgrade from my 8.5 years old Indica Vista. I'm being bombarded with ads of Harrier at an EMI of 10,999/-, but not getting any specifics anywhere (down payment and tenure). Has anyone enquired with any dealers in this?
Old 28th October 2020, 08:18   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev_GT View Post
I am planning to up upgrade from my 8.5 years old Indica Vista. I'm being bombarded with ads of Harrier at an EMI of 10,999/-, but not getting any specifics anywhere (down payment and tenure). Has anyone enquired with any dealers in this?
These are the step-up EMI plans being offered by Tata Motors Finance (and now I think HDFC too). Initial EMIs (first 6 or 12 months) would be lower but considering that the maximum tenor would be capped at 7 years the subsequent EMI's would be much higher. TMF's financing rate would be 8.5% as compared to PSU bank rates which are around 7.3-7.5%. TMF does 100% on-road financing.
rags.singh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 15:43   #340
BHPian

I am not able to open the tailgate with the key button available in the smart key of the XZA+ variant. However, as per the Harrier manual, it is marked as a tailgate opening button (smart key PEPS), and it should work.

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-capture.png

I understand that similar issues were reported in this forum earlier, and greyhound82 mentioned that "service guys told him this option is not available due to the availability of boot open switch in Harrier." (2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review)

Quote:
Issues :
1. Boot relase key in the keyfob is not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitRavi07 View Post
After reading your post, just checked mine today and found the same issue. Not sure when it stopped working, as I generally don't use the keyfob to unlock the boot. Which version of ICE software are you on? Mine is R12.2
Quote:
Update:
First free service done . Niggles got solved

2. Boot opening with Keyfob : service guys told me this option is not available due to the availability of boot open switch in harrier and this option is meant for other cars with out this option . Tested on other Harrier, and it’s the same with others too .
Whether other owners (with smart key) are also facing a similar issue with the key button?
KSingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 17:56   #341
BHPian

Quote:
I am not able to open the tailgate with the key button
Quite sure that it just unlocks the boot and does not lift the boot open, you will have to press the button and pull the boot.
ajaiD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 18:04   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaiD View Post
Quite sure that it just unlocks the boot and does not lift the boot open, you will have to press the button and pull the boot.
Yes, it unlocks the tailgate. For opening, you need to press the button and open the tail gate. Electric tail gate opening is not a feature that's available in Harrier, if that's indeed what you were asking @KSingh

You can unlock the tailgate with the button on the key fob.

Name:  tailgate.png
Views: 3291
Size:  37.0 KB

Last edited by rags.singh : 28th October 2020 at 18:11. Reason: formatting
rags.singh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 20:55   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rags.singh View Post
Yes, it unlocks the tailgate. For opening, you need to press the button and open the tail gate. Electric tail gate opening is not a feature that's available in Harrier, if that's indeed what you were asking @KSingh
Thanks for your response.
I am refering to unlocking of tail gate only not tail gate opening. I think there is some electric issue with my car. Currently, I can only open tail gate with its button not through key.
Old 29th October 2020, 00:17   #344
BHPian

Harrier does look nice.
In Pune it is an ordeal to get a salesperson to talk to you, and even more painful to get a test drive arranged.
Tata dealerships have the attitude of 1970s Hindustan Motors dealers
Mustang Sammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 01:46   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your response.
I think there is some electric issue with my car. Currently, I can only open tail gate with its button not through key.
It’s the same with me too . You can only open the tail gate with the button .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks