Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2021, 13:29   #826
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
I upgraded from Punto and Figo 1.5 TDCI to Harrier. I had cancelled by Seltos 1.4 DCT booking and went with Harrier . Following are the advantages I saw in Harrier

1. Build Quality : Seltos is a more finished product but delicate. Harrier felt more like a tank build for Indian roads (both urban and village roads, especially during those monsoon days )

2. Engine and Gearbox combo : Torquey and Powerful Engine along with that 6 speed well mated gearbox from Hyundai ( I found Seltos Engines to be more refined )

3. Ride Quality

4. Safety features ( 14 ESP modes)

5. Looks

6. LR-D8 platfrom

In other words : Me and wife found our all India Tourer in Tata Harrier
Thank you greyhound82. I also found that in the Seltos, while undertaking a simple overtaking situation, the engine seemed to be working a lot harder and seemed to be a bit stressed. In a similar situation, Harrier would have used a fifty percent of its engine prowess.
Old 7th April 2021, 13:39   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
Hello everyone.

I have a December 2020 manufactured Harrier XZA+.
My car has been pulling towards the left. Initially I did not notice it. But after a 330 km drive, my driver mentioned that the car is pulling towards the left and needs wheel alignment.

I then took out the car to test it, and it indeed is pulling towards the left. It is a bit shocking to me. Is this kind of behaviour natural in a brand new car?
Has any other owner faced the same issue? If yes, then is it indeed an improper wheel alignment issue or some other issue?

I want to have some feedback from other BHPians before I take the car for wheel alignment.
If it's not a case of improper wheel alignment, then it's useless to waste the money and time for aligning the wheels.

My car has completed approximately 2500 km as of date.
I have taken delivery in March 2021 and had exactly the same issue in just 1600kms. My SC fixed it with a wheel alignment and tire rotation free of cost.

Nothing to worry, get it checked and will be fixed.
Venku2015 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 13:52   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
I have taken delivery in March 2021 and had exactly the same issue in just 1600kms. My SC fixed it with a wheel alignment and tire rotation free of cost.

Nothing to worry, get it checked and will be fixed.
Honestly, I'm relieved to know that.
But I'm still contemplating whether to get it done from the ASS or my regular, highly professional Tyre service center. This contemplation is mainly due to the following reasons-
  1. Don't know whether the service center will do the job for free or not, given that my car has completed about 3 months of ownership & about 2500 km, and I didn't report this problem at the first service.
  2. The service center is about 18 km away from my place. If they don't do the job for free, then it's a sheer wastage of fuel. And I don't think whether they will tell me beforehand if the service would be free or not.

Whatever be the case, need to get it fixed at the earliest.
Thanks for your quick response!
Big Smoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 19:21   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone.

I have a December 2020 manufactured Harrier XZA+.
My car has been pulling towards the left. Initially I did not notice it. But after a 330 km drive, my driver mentioned that the car is pulling towards the left and needs wheel alignment.
Mine is September manufactured and It was there with my car too. I had done the wheel alignment from ASS(have to visit two times to make it correct) but Its better to be from outside tyre shops

Quote:
  1. Don't know whether the service center will do the job for free or not, given that my car has completed about 3 months of ownership & about 2500 km, and I didn't report this problem at the first service.
They will do free of cost. In my case they didn't charge at all

Last edited by greyhound82 : 7th April 2021 at 19:27.
Old 9th April 2021, 01:03   #830
BHPian

Guys,

When I had went to Tata showroom for the TD of Safari and when I asked my SA about the discounts available on Harrier, he told that the company is giving nearly Rs.80k on Harrier XZ and XZA(without sunroof) while there are no offers on Harrier XZ+ and XZA+.

The discount which I got for the Harrier is:

Rs.20k as dealer discount
Rs.30k as discount on insurance
Rs.25k as exchange bonus

Is it a good deal?
Old 9th April 2021, 11:07   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Guys,

When I had went to Tata showroom for the TD of Safari and when I asked my SA about the discounts available on Harrier, he told that the company is giving nearly Rs.80k on Harrier XZ and XZA(without sunroof) while there are no offers on Harrier XZ+ and XZA+.
Official offers are available on the link Tata Offers
For insurance, will be better to take quote from outside and ask them to match the same. Not sure about dealer discounts. If I am right, nowadays we don't get dealer discounts, since the prices and discounts are controlled by the manufacturing company.
Old 12th April 2021, 08:56   #832
BHPian

Today this warning came up in the instrument cluster.
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-water-filter.jpg
I do not know yet if it is a false alarm or there is actually some water in the fuel filter/tank.
Some details:-
1. Car is not frequently washed, last wash was 3 weeks ago.
2. Last 2 tanks full were from the gas station near my society. Most of the people in my society get their fuel from the same station. I am the only one facing this issue.
3. The car has clocked 8700km so far. The last service was done on 23 March 2021. The car was purchased on 29 Sep 2021, it is an XMA model.
Old 12th April 2021, 13:09   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandeepkamboj View Post
Today this warning came up in the instrument cluster.
Attachment 2143510
I do not know yet if it is a false alarm or there is actually some water in the fuel filter/tank.
Some details:-
1. Car is not frequently washed, last wash was 3 weeks ago.
2. Last 2 tanks full were from the gas station near my society. Most of the people in my society get their fuel from the same station. I am the only one facing this issue.
3. The car has clocked 8700km so far. The last service was done on 23 March 2021. The car was purchased on 29 Sep 2021, it is an XMA model.
Did the warning pop up immediately after fuel refilling? If so then it is not safe to drive. If not, water doesn't necessarily have to be from outside. Contact your service centre and ask them if it is safe to drive to the centre or should it be brought using tow truck.

Last edited by Technic90 : 12th April 2021 at 13:12.
Technic90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 15:13   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic90 View Post
Did the warning pop up immediately after fuel refilling?.
The tank was refilled 5 days ago. Funny thing is that tata motor technicians said that it is not a big deal, moisture can cause this warning. Without even diagnosis, they concluded it is safe to drive. Now, their driver is coming to pick the car. To be on a safer side, I have dropped a mail to Tata stating that they have assured me that driving the vehicle in such a condition is safe and their driver will be picking the car.
amandeepkamboj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 16:07   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandeepkamboj View Post
The tank was refilled 5 days ago. Funny thing is that tata motor technicians said that it is not a big deal, moisture can cause this warning. Without even diagnosis, they concluded it is safe to drive. Now, their driver is coming to pick the car. To be on a safer side, I have dropped a mail to Tata stating that they have assured me that driving the vehicle in such a condition is safe and their driver will be picking the car.
If you have driven the car in these 5 days and warning popped up now then it should be fine. Adultered fuel usually throws up error in few kms but not always the case. I guess the technician has seen the same issue in other vehicles that's why he's confident of it. Good you have mailed to TATA, now you have an official record just in case new problem pops up in future.

Once the issue is fixed and you get your car back, keep an eye on loss of power especially climbing slopes or increased fuel consumption for few days. Damage to fuel injection can cause it but if its due to moisture nothing to worry about.
Old 13th April 2021, 21:19   #836
BHPian

Good evening dear BHPians

It was Jul 2008, when I bought my first car SX4 Vxi. Though it was a alternate choice, but I never failed to admire her and still look back at her after parking. First choice was Safari, but it was 100K more than SX4 and was out of budget. This constant internal nudge by my heart to my brain kept this fire for SUV lit.

So finally, I decided to get myself a car, a big car and after due diligence to reviews and test drives of all the prospective contenders, I finally walked into Tata showroom for Hexa XT 4X2 (2017). Something kept holding me back and I did not finalise my Hexa booking. 2018 to 2020 went in a jiffy as these were super-hot/busy/ tensed/ other adjectives period.

Though all these years my research for perfect car continued and my radar took a lock on Harrier. Still, something was missing and that something was nagging issues/ AT / Refinement / etc. Due to my so-called research, some of my friends felt that I am some sort of car guru and I too behaved like a dhongi baba who suggest upaay as per needs. I suggested them cars and all are happy with their ones. (This knowledge came from TeamBHP which I openly shared and advised them to follow Teambhp)

Finally, after again stabilising at somewhere in Jul 2020, I realised enough is enough. Though these are the exact words of my spouse, however I would like to take credit and save myself from embarrassment. I decided to take a leap of faith and booked Tata Harrier XZA+. My personal choice was XZA, but daughter’s wish is father’s command. Self and wife both wanted Black edition but I knew I wont be able to manage Black, till date couldn't make my spouse understand this point.

Booked on 5th March 2021, Got VIN on 3rd April 2021. I took a printout of Team BHP PDI checklist, went for inspection on 8th Apr. After satisfying myself by carrying out about 80% checks, I told my SA to Invoice it to me and start process of registration. DEF was about 60 to 70%, ODO was surprisingly only 11Km. Went back to dealership on 12th April and got the delivery with all those shoshabazi of cutting cakes/ congratulation songs/ handing over of keys (It was fun).

Now come the daring part, I drove from South east Kolkata to extreme north of Kolkata and was performing the most sedate driving till date. I think this nervousness was just second to my first solo in flying career. Was cursing people who were breaching safety bubble. Just wanted to reach home without knocking someone down due to my error in judgement.

And here come first day of Navratri 13th Apr. We went to Temple, saw mockery of Covid protocols but finally took as many precautions as I can and did some small pooja. Came back home and everybody in my residential area was waiting for us to unveil the Car. Usual exchange of pleasantries and sweets and came back to my home. I parked it in my garage wherein I felt at a distance my SX4 upset due to allocation of another sub-standard garage for her.

All is well that ends well, but HU not responding to touch , used physical buttons by hit and trial and found out software is V15.01 while the new one is 16.09. Conveyed my feelings to SA who confirmed that it will be taken care of, Lets wait and watch. But this feeling kept me bugging, After gobbling lip smacking Potato stuffed Indian flat bread delicately cooked in dash of pure butter garnished with Coriander and served with sweet yoghurt – aka Aloo Paratha, I went back to garage. Switched on car and everything is back to normal. Now I am unable to decipher what was the problem.

So, this is the brief narrative of my episode with Harrier, will update frequently like service intervals (sarcastic).
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img20210413wa0012.jpg  

2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review-img20210413wa0020.jpg  

Last edited by Aviatoraval : 13th April 2021 at 21:34.
Aviatoraval is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 07:53   #837
BHPian

Hey @Aviatoraval. Congratulations on your new purchase. The harrier looks stunning in white.
Your hu issues will be sorted after the software update. An easy bypass is to connect your phone and use steering buttons to control everything.

But let me assure you one thing. Even a senior colleague of mine has purchased this. He got the black edition XT plus. And he was so enthusiastic and enthralled that he clocked up 5000 kms in the first month only.

The car is a great mechanical package. You will realise this as you drive. I mean a 100 at 1700 rpm and you are barely scratching the engine and it is a very comfortable tourer. I can vouch as I have accompanied him for a few trips. The sheer size of the vehicle is intimidating. Autos and other vehicles simply move away on seeing this beast in the rear view mirror. No need for the horn. So enjoy the drives. Don't let these small niggles which are very much sorted now, take away your happiness and pleasure. Harriers come with 60-70% def in tank at delivery. It is topped up at the first service and other updates taken care of. So it will be better with time. Congratulations on the purchase again.

And I can indeed say- happy mile munching. The automatic gives a heavenly driving pleasure.
knrn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 08:11   #838

Thanks for this review and the awesome pics in this thread. I was able to decide and purchase a Harrier. Cheers !!
Old 14th April 2021, 08:32   #839
MaG
BHPian

Hi Folks!

I just booked a Harrier XZA yesterday at Pune on the auspicious occasion of Gudi Padwa. I wanted to know whether the extended warranty offered for an additonal year is worth it? The dealer quoted me about 16-18k for the same.
Old 14th April 2021, 09:27   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaG View Post
Hi Folks!

I just booked a Harrier XZA yesterday at Pune on the auspicious occasion of Gudi Padwa. I wanted to know whether the extended warranty offered for an additonal year is worth it? The dealer quoted me about 16-18k for the same.
Yes , Please. It is totally worth it. You should take the maximum extended warranty available. Beyond the obvious peace of mind, it also helps in resale.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks