Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2024, 14:13   #601
BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT

Hello @sjain2054! I bought a new Tucson in May 2022, AWD, at 32L on-road price. It was arguably the last one available in NCR and the dealer hunted in down. I was very keen to buy that model for all the good features, but mostly due to its understated exterior design. It has a sunroof (I am not a fan, my Fortuner, which this replaced, did not have one).

At that time, the Tiguan was not in the market with their petrol AWD version, so I had to settle for a diesel. NCR has this 10 and 15 years rule.

It is a great car, inside and out. Front to back, great lights, superb engine, city and highway cruiser, a wonderful Infinity music system, response screen, large cooled glove box, spacious and reclinable rear seats, weird middle seat seatbelt position (!), space saver tire is OK to have, am not comfy with the 225 width of the 18" wheels (235 would have been better to give wider choice), firm but pliant shock absorbers, good sound insulation.

Tested AWD in sand and slush and maybe 8" high waterlogged roads during the Chennai cyclone and it is all good. If I am not confident, I manually move to all wheels, equal torque distribution - I am not an offroader and don't want to take risks. It has always got me out of holes, pun intended!

The AWD is certainly feels much more planted than any of my Front-2WD sedans which we have owned, specifically with my driving style (appropriately fast, generally safe), especially on wet roads.

Hope this helps. Is 20L the right price, it could be 10% on either side, so bargain hard!
xantia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 21:30   #602

Re: 2022 Hyundai Tucson Review

Re: Tyre Pressure Monitoring Sensor TPMS for spare wheel - For Tucson 2021 Petrol the space wheel is also 17-inch rim with same size tyre on it as the other 4.

Please help me with answers to _
Q1 - while tyre rotation during servicing why are only the 4 types rotated and the spare wheel is left intact? I would have liked the spare wheel also to have been used.
Q2 - I wanted to instal TPMS on the spare wheel - am told by the service engineer that the spare rim does not have valve/groove to fix TPMS. So I cannot buy an extra TPMS and have it installed in the spare wheel.
Any feedback/experiences to share from my fellow BHPians?
Old 29th March 2024, 23:13   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjain2054 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am writing this only to understand the expert views/owner views on purchasing a 2021 Tuscon vs a new Kia Seltos/Creta/Kushaq or any other new cross over.
I purchased a little used 2021 model in 2022-end. Cost me around the same as a brand new Seltos. One drive and you will know that a Tucson is definitely a notch above the Seltos. Ask me, I have a Seltos in the family and it feels distinctly down market despite the better kit it carries.

Please buy the extended warranty if available. I got a 5 year warranty for mine and it's worth it for the peace of mind it gives.
Old 1st April 2024, 12:37   #604
BHPian

Been a while since I posted here, good thing considering the car has been performing amazingly well in 3 plus years of ownership.

I am recently experiencing the car pull to the left during a highway run. Didn't get a chance for diagnostics at Hyundai, tried wheel alignment and balancing at a highway tire shop. That didn't help, I tried to get then to rotate the tires but they were in a hurry to shut shop and told me that suspension needs overhaul and this can't be fixed with wheel alignment, balancing, tire rotation. I did research online and have found many instances of steering wheel recalibration fixing the issue. I am little worried as I had the steering stabilizing arm replaced in July after a underbody hit damaged the original. Any owners experience anything similar?

On a different note, any suggestions for a good car cover? I am someone generally detest using car covers but in Bangalore, especially when the car lies idle for most part, this becomes a necessity. Thank you for helping!
Old 2nd April 2024, 13:14   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulraag View Post
Been a while since I posted here, good thing considering the car has been performing amazingly well in 3 plus years of ownership.

I am recently experiencing the car pull to the left during a highway run. Didn't get a chance for diagnostics at Hyundai, tried wheel alignment and balancing at a highway tire shop. That didn't help, I tried to get then to rotate the tires but they were in a hurry to shut shop and told me that suspension needs overhaul and this can't be fixed with wheel alignment, balancing, tire rotation. I did research online and have found many instances of steering wheel recalibration fixing the issue. I am little worried as I had the steering stabilizing arm replaced in July after a underbody hit damaged the original. Any owners experience anything similar?
Had experienced this issue during the initial days of ownership. It was fixed by a conventional wheel alignment though. Perhaps get your car diagnosed at Hyundai too. Could be a simple fix.. you never know!
umairalvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 20:25   #606
BHPian

Quote:
My Tucson is about 2.5 years old and I had the same issue after my first puncture(happened within 1k kms ). This was fixed during the first Hyundai service. Talk with the service center personal if nothing works and they will fix the issue.

I would recommend "Madhus Tyre Centre" for puncture repair, wheel alignment or tyre replacement down the line if you are in Bangalore. I replaced my Nexon tyres with Vredestein after 20k kms, haven't had any issues for any jobs done from Madhu's.
moongazer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 14:56   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongazer View Post

I would recommend "Madhus Tyre Centre" for puncture repair, wheel alignment or tyre replacement down the line if you are in Bangalore. I replaced my Nexon tyres with Vredestein after 20k kms, haven't had any issues for any jobs done from Madhu's.
Thanks!

I am around 26k mark, and running stock Nexens bar one tire replacement due to sidewall tear. Replaced that around 15k with Bridgestone Turanza. How are the Vredestein performing? Did you up size? When I was looking at options found very limited ones in the same tire size as the stock ones.
rahulraag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 21:19   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!
How are the Vredestein performing? Did you up size? When I was looking at options found very limited ones in the same tire size as the stock ones.
I am only aware of Bridgestone and Vredestein with 225/55 R18 tyres in India. Hyundai really had to choose this size for the older Tucson model.

I have Vredestein Ultrac Vorti tyres now. Vredestein is way better compared to stock Nexen(better breaking and lower road noise are very noticeable).

Tyre shops were trying to make me upsize to 235/55 R18 when I asked for Vredestein. I finally found these in Madhu's.
moongazer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 03:17   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongazer View Post

I have Vredestein Ultrac Vorti tyres now. Vredestein is way better compared to stock Nexen(better breaking and lower road noise are very noticeable).

Tyre shops were trying to make me upsize to 235/55 R18 when I asked for Vredestein. I finally found these in Madhu's.
Thank you for that! I mean to check this out soon.

On a different note, got the tow to the left side fixed at Advaith, Hyundai service center in ITPL. They took about 30 minutes- did the alignment, tire rotation(front tires), I think may have also done steering recalibration. All this was done free of cost! The SA assigned Sidhu was very helpful. Ever since I moved to Bangalore, I have been doing all the service at Trident, KR Puram. It is good to find another center equally adept at handling Tucson and closer to where I live.

Has anyone opted for extended warranty? At the time of purchase I went with 4 years 60K KMs which was more in line with my running at the time but little over a 3 years since the purchase I only have 26k on the odo. On hindsight, I should have opted for 5 years 50k KMs. Seems like Hyundai only offers 5th and 6th year separate, 5th year costing ballpark of 25k and 6th year at around 31k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks