Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2022, 17:20   #451
BHPian

Re: Another Tucson in Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady8701 View Post
Thanks a lot for reading through and if you've made it all the way here, please do provide inputs on whether I should go for a ceramic coating (I think PPF is crazy expensive in India right now). Even the ceramic coating feels like a bit of an overkill since cars would be just fine without as well.
There is a LONG Team-BHP thread about ceramic coating that I had gone through a while ago. Here are my opinions based on what I could learn from that thread:

The ceramic coating would essentially be a “sacrificial layer” on top of the existing clear coat layer to save the actual paint layer.

Once ceramic is done, it will last maybe 3-4 years depending on how well you take care of it. Getting it washed multiple times a week by the driver/security guard with an old rag and 1 bucket would mean the coating would last 1-2 years. Washing the car fewer times a week (or as necessary) with the 2 bucket method and 2-3 different clean microfibre cloths would maximise the coating’s life.

Also, note that ceramic coating does not eliminate the formation of new swirl marks. Couple of detailers I had called had themselves told me that. It would just reduce the occurrence of swirl marks.

As you said, cars will be just fine without coating as well. But for dark (such as Starry Night) and bright colours, the shine/gloss is a big part of the appeal of the color. If that goes, the paintwork would look dull and lifeless.

So the decision of whether or not to get ceramic coating kind of depends on how much effort you are willing to put into maintaining it post the coating.

On the flip side, many (including GTO) suggest to just get your car detailed once in 6-9 months and the paintwork will look good for a long time.
lordrayden is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 19:09   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
So the decision of whether or not to get ceramic coating kind of depends on how much effort you are willing to put into maintaining it post the coating.
Thanks lordrayden for the detailed information. I guess that certainly puts things in perspective. And getting it detailed every 6 months also is the same - expense-wise as well.

I'm leaning towards getting it detailed once after I've used it for about 2 months and see how it looks. At that point of time, I would probably be able to take a call around whether I should just get it detailed or do a proper coat.

Thanks again mate!
Old 27th April 2022, 01:05   #453
BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT

Can new owners shed some light on discounts given for GLS models? Just curious
Old 27th April 2022, 01:52   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinDev View Post
Hey Nitindev, I'm not sure about the forum rules around such information. If you'd DM me, I can give you some information. My purchase is just this 21st of April.
Old 27th April 2022, 02:56   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Nitindev, I'm not sure about the forum rules around such information.
The forum rules, as any seasoned member /mod will tell you, is to share the information publicly so that multiple people benefit from the information
SR-71 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 12:20   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
The forum rules, as any seasoned member /mod will tell you, is to share the information publicly so that multiple people benefit from the information
Thanks SR

@NitinDev - the on road price for the GLS 2WD Diesel which I've picked up in BLR is 33.5 L with the 4th&5th year extended warranty. I got this at a price of 32L on road. Which means that the discount is about 1.5 L on the on-road price. Hope that helps with your decision making.
shady8701 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 16:34   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randamoozham View Post
He asked me to stay away from HP and BPCL.
There is no basis for this advise. There is nothing such a IOCL Fuel or HPCL fuel or BPCL fuel. The Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) pick up product from the nearest available source. For example IOCL may be picking up fuel from HP/BPCL and vice versa. Only thing is adulteration that happens during transportation/done by dealer.
das_ren_auto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 18:51   #458

Quote:
Hi - I got a discount of 1.5L for the GLS petrol from Shreenath Hyundai, Mumbai. The on-road price was Rs.27.9L (insurance was purchased through the dealer).
Nikhil1406 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 20:10   #459
BHPian

@shady8701 @Nikhil1406 Thanks!
NitinDev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 08:28   #460
BHPian

Quote:
2. Car unlock -
.............. If you do not do that, but just walk away, the ORVMs do not fold back. That, I think, is a miss since you could inadvertently just walk by and have the ORVMs open up without even noticing it.
This shouldn't happen. In mine if you go near the car but don't unlock and open the door, the lights again go off and ORVMs automatically fold back in about 15 - 20 secs.

You may get the BCM codes scanned by them. But be aware, while trying to correct this, they may add some new issues altogether. E.g., while resetting my auto tailgate unlock once, I think they have messed up somewhere in the BCM settings and now my wiper settings seem a bit incorrect.
wanderer4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 08:48   #461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
There is no basis for this advise. There is nothing such a IOCL Fuel or HPCL fuel or BPCL fuel. The Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) pick up product from the nearest available source. For example IOCL may be picking up fuel from HP/BPCL and vice versa. Only thing is adulteration that happens during transportation/done by dealer.
Is this a fact? I thought only retailers without a refinery of their own (Shell) indulge in this practice, and add their additives before rebranding as VPower etc. Wasn’t aware the others also do this. Maybe they do this only for remote regions?

Can the experts confirm please?
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 09:02   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Is this a fact? I thought only retailers without a refinery of their own (Shell) indulge in this practice, and add their additives before rebranding as VPower etc. Wasn’t aware the others also do this. Maybe they do this only for remote regions?

Can the experts confirm please?
Yes. This will help in saving the huge transportation cost. It is applicable across Urban/Rural. For example if your are filling fuel from any outlets (HP/BP/IOCL) in and around Kochi or for that matter in any of the neighboring districts, there is every probability that you will be filling the fuel produced by BPCL Kochi Refinery. Because for HP , the nearest Refinery is Vizag/Bombay and for IOCL it is Chennai . BPCL will follow similar arrangements in areas where they don't have refining infra. It is an arrangement that benefits all.
das_ren_auto is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 15:06   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
This shouldn't happen. In mine if you go near the car but don't unlock and open the door, the lights again go off and ORVMs automatically fold back in about 15 - 20 secs.

You may get the BCM codes scanned by them. But be aware, while trying to correct this, they may add some new issues altogether. E.g., while resetting my auto tailgate unlock once, I think they have messed up somewhere in the BCM settings and now my wiper settings seem a bit incorrect.
I see. I should probably check this. Maybe I just never waited around for 15 seconds and assumed that they do not fold back.
Old 28th April 2022, 15:23   #464
BHPian

Quote:
This is my first ownership review at TBHP and it gives me immense pleasure to pen this for a car as wonderful as the Tucson.
This is the one that finally pulled the heart strings. The fit and finish looked great, the car felt powerful (specially given that the dealer brought over the Diesel test drive car), had all (well, almost) the bells and whistles and a ton of comfort features to boot. Even the missus drove it for a while and gave it a thumbs up.
Many congratulations finally choosing on what I personally felt is a fantastic vehicle after test drives of many, many vehicles in the last few months. I am sure you will enjoy your drives for many years to come. Look forward to following your updates on ownership experience

Quote:
Trident Hyundai[/b] - we'd purchased an i20 from them back in the day as well, had, by far the best sales experience of all. In fact, it was just about perfect. I was redirected to their sales guy (Mr. Kiran) who promptly brought the car over the next day for a test drive and inspection. He's also the only sales guy I saw who was really knowledgeable about the car and its myriad features.
Definitely agree with this one. Kiran was definitely the most knowledgeable and accommodated my several ad-hoc requests. He was patient and never belittled any of the competitor's products even when I specifically questioned him on features, value prop etc. I definitely recommend him to anyone who's considering a Hyundai in Bangalore
Old 28th April 2022, 17:05   #465
BHPian

Quote:

1. Alloy wheels - Hyundai apparently makes only one design of alloy wheels and thus if the design isn't symmetric, it looks different on different sides. In my case, If the wheels are "flowing" back on the right side, they are flowing forward on the left. You can see that in the two pics that I've posted from the different sides.
Actually, this is the case with most manufacturers. I first noticed this on my VW Polo so I looked at the alloy wheels of few other cars including Mercedes. If the design wasn't symmetrical, then one side of the car would have wheels flowing one way and on the other side, flowing the opposite way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks