Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2022, 18:54   #346
BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT

Hello everyone... I am starting to hear a rattle from the sunroof when the sun shade is open. I have clocked around 10000 kms and it's now that I have started hearing the annoying rattle. I have seen a few people face this issue on this forum and a quick google search tells that the problem is quite common with all cars including the likes of premium ones like BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc.
The only solution I could come across is to lubricate the sunroof seals with a silicone lubricant every few months.

Also came across this dangerous news while browsing through the internet.

https://www.rushlane.com/hyundai-tuc...-12304117.html
Old 16th January 2022, 16:02   #347
BHPian

Hi everyone, the ownership review of my Tucson Petrol is now live. I look forward to adding my experiences there in the years to come.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ck-beauty.html (2021 Hyundai Tucson GLS Petrol : My Black Beauty!)
Pyrotek is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 17:45   #348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
Looks like some of us recent Tucson owners are encountering the same bad luck with the windshield. I got mine while en route from Mysore to Bangalore this morning. A truck laden with stone chips moved over a road undulation in Mandya town and my car's windshield was the unfortunate recipient of a particularly rogue stone chip.

The Crack looks small for now but will take a call on replacing it when I take the car in for first service next week.

The Bangalore Mysore highway is quite irksome with all the construction work and these tractors and trucks moving around with construction material.

Any suggestions for an alternative route? I am based around Yeshwanthpur.
I have been driving on highways for the last 15+ years with different cars and have never encountered a flying stone crack my windshield. While flying objects have caused mild scratches , it has never cracked the windshield.
However with Tuson on a single trip i had two flying projectiles hit my windshield and both ended up cracking the windshield at two different places. I have now seen other tuscons(atleast 3 in this thread) ending up with cracked windshield..makes me wonder if it jas got anything to do with design or the quality of windshield.
Any thoughts ?
Koolkalmadi78 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 19:21   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolkalmadi78 View Post
I have been driving on highways for the last 15+ years with different cars and have never encountered a flying stone crack my windshield. While flying objects have caused mild scratches , it has never cracked the windshield.
However with Tuson on a single trip i had two flying projectiles hit my windshield and both ended up cracking the windshield at two different places. I have now seen other tuscons(atleast 3 in this thread) ending up with cracked windshield..makes me wonder if it jas got anything to do with design or the quality of windshield.
Any thoughts ?
Your thoughts echo mine, Koolkalmadi78. I think all us affected owners should connect and discuss a way forward to bring this to Hyundai India's notice. As owners of their premium product, we deserve a reasonable explanation. This cannot be a mere coincidence.
Pyrotek is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 20:09   #350

Quote:
Your thoughts echo mine, Koolkalmadi78. I think all us affected owners should connect and discuss a way forward to bring this to Hyundai India's notice. As owners of their premium product, we deserve a reasonable explanation. This cannot be a mere coincidence.
Absolutely..when my windshield cracked in Oct i thought as an unfortunate isolated incident but seeing the numbers may be we should bring it to hyundai india's notice.
Considering that these replacements are made to order they already must have noticed a trend.
Would be keen to hear other fellow bhpians views just to understand if there is any reasonalbe explanation for the high number of cracked windshield in Tucson.
Koolkalmadi78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 11:59   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolkalmadi78 View Post
Any thoughts ?
Completely agree here - never had a cracked windshield in many years of driving myself on national and state highways, village and city roads. I thought it was my bad luck initially, but there is a possibility that there is a manufacturing or assembly issue here? Given the cost of the windshield replacement (almost 50k including labour + consumables) definitely merits a discussion with Hyundai.
Old 18th January 2022, 14:02   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like some of us recent Tucson owners are encountering the same bad luck with the windshield. I got mine while en route from Mysore to Bangalore this morning. A truck laden with stone chips moved over a road undulation in Mandya town and my car's windshield was the unfortunate recipient of a particularly rogue stone chip.

The Crack looks small for now but will take a call on replacing it when I take the car in for first service next week.

The Bangalore Mysore highway is quite irksome with all the construction work and these tractors and trucks moving around with construction material.

Any suggestions for an alternative route? I am based around Yeshwanthpur.

Not sure if this has anything to do with the design or quality of windshield.

I have been driving for 15+ years myself and have driven on Mysore - Bangalore highway countless times since I am from Mysore and I work in Bangalore.

Never ever did I have a cracked windshield on routine trips(VW Jetta) but 2nd trip in our brand new VW Polo (2021 model GT TSI) I had a cracked windshield from a projectile.

So multiple things to ponder over :
  1. Too much construction activity on the highway resulting in more projectiles hitting the windshield.
  2. Higher speeds compared to what we were doing earlier.
  3. Are windshields particularly vulnerable to crack during daytime/hot sunny days as mine cracked on a sunny afternoon?

Regarding alternative route query for Bangalore Mysore trips:

Try Mysore > Nagamangala > Bellur cross > Kunigal > Nelamangala > Bangalore

Less traffic and more scenic.
bipinbn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 21:10   #353
BHPian

There is a lawsuit in the US against Hyundai regarding plausibly defective windshields. Wonder if we are seeing this on other Hyundais in India - specifically the premium CKDs like the Kona and Elantra too.

https://www.glassbytes.com/2020/05/h...ion-complaint/
TNAWAYAJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 21:44   #354
BHPian

Is there any information on the petrol engine specification of the upcoming new-gen Tuscon? Will it be the 2.0 or the 2.5?
Old 18th January 2022, 22:05   #355
BHPian

There you go. The news is regarding Hyundai recalling the Elantra, Santa Fe and Sonata. However, the issue here is with improper adhesion. Still worth a share I thought!

https://www.livemint.com/auto-news/h...480939860.html

Last edited by umairalvi : 18th January 2022 at 22:08. Reason: Insufficent context
Old 18th January 2022, 22:20   #356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Is there any information on the petrol engine specification of the upcoming new-gen Tuscon? Will it be the 2.0 or the 2.5?
According to ACI the same 2L petrol and diesel are going to be carried forward in the new gen Tucson as well.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 11:41   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Tucson in spy pics!

2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-271959697_4442198625892375_4920353346367844151_n.jpg

2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-272199220_4442198952559009_819870054765761774_n.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 13:26   #358
BHPian

Hyundai Dealers are offering NIL discounts on Tucson - checked with Popular Hyundai in Kerala and KUN United in Hyderabad. They say there is no inventory available and will only be made to order. Earliest delivery is expected in March.

I'm wondering if the new model will roll in by then. I was also expecting some massive discounts on the outgoing model to clear inventory, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Popular at least offered some discounts once I decide to book, KUN Utd staff seem rather confused about anything related to the Tucson. At one point he even asked me if I was looking for the Manual or Automatic variant.

Also there is no mention of the Service Warranty package of 5 years.

Have any of the recent buyers got it. Also did you manage any discounts.
Old 19th January 2022, 14:28   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post

Popular at least offered some discounts once I decide to book, KUN Utd staff seem rather confused about anything related to the Tucson. At one point he even asked me if I was looking for the Manual or Automatic variant.

Tuscon's case has always been built o order, as per SA at Trident , Bangalore they receive about 150-200 kits from Korea that are built as per dealer bookings. Typically the wait period is 2-3 weeks from booking based on how far the location is from Chennai.

I was offered nearly 1.5 lakhs off (this was to match an offer I had from an out of state dealer) by Popular Hyundai, Vytilla exactly a year back. This includes the discount on insurance if bought through them. I think the final OTR quoted waa Rs 33.65 lakhs.

Regarding apathy from Hyundai dealers about selling, please ensure the dealer is a Signature dealer who holds the rights to sell Hyundai premium cars. During my initial scouting I wasn't aware of this, and an SA argue with me that Hyundai sells no car in India by the name Tucson. 😁
rahulraag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 21:35   #360
BHPian

Quote:
This "Wonder Warranty" as Hyundai calls it is structured such that the customer can select one of 3 options depending on their usage:
3 years / unlimited kms
4 years / 60000 kms
5 years / 50000 kms

As far as I know the Tucson in India has always been offered with this warranty.

Quote:
I bought a GL(O) in November last year and got about 1.2 lakhs discount from Pavan Hyundai Bangalore. This was conditional on taking insurance from them which I did. During negotiations he did mention that he would be able to give me more discount on the GLS.

Not sure how far along in the negotiation process you are/were, but there were some dealers who on the phone, started with "Sir, there is chip shortage, no discounts on anything". But the same guy started increasing the discount amount after a few days.

Quote:
Earliest delivery is expected in March.
From booking to PDI was about 8 days for me. Of course before booking itself, the SA checked the color/variant availability at the factory. Manufacturing month as per the VIN was October.

Last edited by lordrayden : 19th January 2022 at 21:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks