Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2021, 20:38   #256
BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by umairalvi View Post
I haven't encountered any such issues with Android Auto and Apple Carplay yet. However, I happened to check the Hyundai website for the map update and turns out, there is indeed an update available for the Tucson.
Well one important thing that I missed doing while troubleshooting was to reboot the phone(s). That seems to have fixed the issue (for now).

Thank you for the information regarding the available update. I will check it out with the local dealer.
Old 6th December 2021, 08:07   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the updated Tiguan to make a decision. I am also looking forward to driving the Tucson Petrol before I make a decision.
You are in the most exciting phase of buying a car

I was waiting for the Tiguan for a long time but finally took the plunge for Tucson Petrol considering price, transmission and service network. I can tell you that the Tucson Diesel is ofcourse outright much more powerful. But that doesn't mean the petrol is bad. Last weekend I drove from Bangalore to Yercaud and back and I am happy to report that the petrol engine packs some punch.
BenglurianBHP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 09:28   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenglurianBHP View Post
Last weekend I drove from Bangalore to Yercaud and back and I am happy to report that the petrol engine packs some punch.
Congratulations on your car and on your decision to buy the Petrol Tucson when everyone recommend Diesel one.
I am also actively considering Tucson or Tiguan Petrol. My drive is 90% highway and 10% in city and I cover about 20k kms annually.
Can you please share the driving experience in highways particularly:
a. the cornering ability of this SUV,
b. the ride quality for front and rear passengers and
c. the mileage and the fuel tank range

Last edited by Sheel : 7th December 2021 at 08:30. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
CArspeed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 07:09   #259
BHPian

I am happy to share that I finally booked the Tucson Diesel GLS Auto. This feels like a worthy upgrade from the S-Cross 1.3 I currently have.

My test drive journey covered all of the following:
1. Audi Q2
2. BMW 220i
3. Skoda Octavia
4. Citroen C5 Aircross
5. Jeep Compass 1.4 Petrol Auto
6. VW Taigun 1.0 TSI Auto
7. Hyundai Tucson Diesel AWD Auto
8. Hyundai Alcazar Petrol Auto

In the end, the Tucson Diesel offered the best value for money and felt like an upgrade in all respects. Should arrive by month end.
Pyrotek is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 08:05   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArspeed View Post
Can you please share the driving experience in highways particularly:
a. the cornering ability of this SUV,
b. the ride quality for front and rear passengers and
c. the mileage and the fuel tank range
a. No complaints. Yercaud has 18 hairpin bends and the car held it's line without any problems to the passengers (especially rear passengers). Ofcourse, I couldn't drive at high speed during the bends which I don't see myself doing anyway (I like passengers comfortably sitting and sleeping ). Fits my bill. The steering weighs up decently at high speeds and adds to the confidence (one of the reasons I didn't buy a Harrier)

b. Front - Good. Rear - Excellent. I have driven over very bad roads without using the brakes much (just to test the comfort levels). Rear comfort is absolutely great. The front comfort is also good. You may hear a thud but that won't come through your body. Though it's quite big in size when compared to a few out there, it drives like a small car without any pronounced body rolls.

c. 62 ltr tank. Mileage isn't great but I think that's already a given in this segment. In Bangalore city - 6.7 kmpl. On highway with speed less than 80 kmph I got 16.4 kmpl. As I increased speed during my return, I got 12.5 kmpl. I am hoping the mileage improves after the 1st service.
BenglurianBHP is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 08:11   #261
BHPian

Congrats @Pyrotek!

I took delivery of my Tucson this week(GLS Diesel, 2WD). It took less than a month to get the vehicle from the time of booking. I am loving the engine and gearbox combination.

Only downside is that I still can't figure out how to turn off the DRL. It is on even when the lights are switched off.
moongazer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 10:48   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
Only downside is that I still can't figure out how to turn off the DRL. It is on even when the lights are switched off.
You cant turn them off. The bottom DRLs are always on. They only switch off when you switch on the headlights, but when you do that the top DRLs (or position lamps to be precise) come on. So one pair of running lights are always on as long as the car's running.

Here's what the Hyundai India Tucson manual says:

Name:  Tucson_Manual_DRL.png
Views: 539
Size:  25.0 KB

Last edited by lordrayden : 7th December 2021 at 10:49. Reason: Team-BHP logo overwrote key parts of image, so resized image to leave space at the bottom.
lordrayden is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 17:14   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
You cant turn them off. The bottom DRLs are always on. They only switch off when you switch on the headlights, but when you do that the top DRLs (or position lamps to be precise) come on. So one pair of running lights are always on as long as the car's running.
Thanks @lordrayden. I found this in the manual(and the screenshot you provided is the only reference to DRLs in the manual), but then I found a Tucson running with the DRLs turned off in my apartment complex. So I was hoping that there might be some workaround. Looks like I'll just have to live with always on DRLs since I don't want to disconnect them.
Old 9th December 2021, 07:29   #264
BHPian

Quote:
You are in the most exciting phase of buying a car

I was waiting for the Tiguan for a long time but finally took the plunge for Tucson Petrol considering price, transmission and service network. I can tell you that the Tucson Diesel is ofcourse outright much more powerful. But that doesn't mean the petrol is bad. Last weekend I drove from Bangalore to Yercaud and back and I am happy to report that the petrol engine packs some punch.
Can I just say, BengalurianBHP, that your posts proved to a twist in my tale!

I changed my Diesel booking to the Petrol. After some introspection, we decided the Petrol offered more than enough performance for my driving needs while also offering better NVH. While I have not driven a Petrol Tucson, the Alcazar with the same engine did not feel underpowered in any way. Not to mention my limited running and the lower cost.

Taking delivery (hopefully) next week!
Old 9th December 2021, 08:46   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
Petrol offered more than enough performance for my driving needs
Which colour did you decide?

I bought the petrol for precisely the same reason - enough for my needs. There will always be some better and bigger engine (or in my case the 7 slot grill) that the heart wants

My friend and I bought together - he went for the 4wd diesel whereas I got the GLS petrol. I drove both and the 8 speed diesel is ofcourse more fun to drive.

Whichever engine, Tucson is the right choice. Space, Safety, Important features, Comfort, GLS headlights (loving them), Transmission and most importantly the price point. Not a fan of - looks and the difficulty of using the horn - I can get used to both.
BenglurianBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 09:45   #266
BHPian

Quote:
I chose the Phantom Black Pearl. It was Quadratic Amoeba's ownership thread which tilted the favor although Starry Night was my first choice.

I completely agree on all the points you made. It's the most balanced package on offer among the Premium SUVs.
Pyrotek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 12:02   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I bought the petrol for precisely the same reason - enough for my needs. There will always be some better and bigger engine (or in my case the 7 slot grill) that the heart wants

My friend and I bought together - he went for the 4wd diesel whereas I got the GLS petrol. I drove both and the 8 speed diesel is ofcourse more fun to drive.

Whichever engine, Tucson is the right choice. Space, Safety, Important features, Comfort, GLS headlights (loving them), Transmission and most importantly the price point. Not a fan of - looks and the difficulty of using the horn - I can get used to both.
Congrats!!

Did you guys get any discounts/offers?
Old 9th December 2021, 12:12   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Congrats!!

Did you guys get any discounts/offers?
Thanks ! We got a discount of 1.5L (for each vehicle) on ex-showroom since we bought 2 vehicles together. Additionally, 6k for accessories was also waived off on request. Lastly, I bought insurance directly from the the provider which saved ~50% when compared to the showroom price for Insurance.

Tucson has anyway a standing offer of 3 year maintenance + 5 year or 50k warranty free.
BenglurianBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 15:12   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
I found a Tucson running with the DRLs turned off in my apartment complex.
Interesting. Was that one a facelifted Tucson or a pre-facelift model?
Old 10th December 2021, 18:32   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
Interesting. Was that one a facelifted Tucson or a pre-facelift model?
Yes it was the facelifted model, front LEDs of the facelifted version are very distinctive.
moongazer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks