Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2022, 17:57   #331
BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
I have noticed this in my Tucson. It happens under specific circumstances:
Generally, I keep the ACC temperature in the range of 23-24. When I start the car in the morning, given that its cold now I'm guessing the ambient temperature in the car is actually below that set point. So the ACC correctly decides to run the heater for a short while until the temperature comes up to the set point. After a short while (30-60 seconds), once the ambient temperature goes up, it switches to running the cooler.

When running the heater due to ACC temperature being higher than ambient, it seems to run the vents near your legs (hot air rises, maybe that’s why).

You can try this experiment: In Auto mode, move the ACC from something very low to something very high. As you are turning the dial to make this change, you will see these states:
  • When the cooler is running, only the top vents will be used.
  • At around the ambient temperature, BOTH vents will be used and the fan slows way down.
  • Above the ambient temperature, only the bottom vents will be used. And at the same time the "A/C" on the display will disappear.
I always felt like its designed like this.

Hope this helps.
Thanks lordrayden. This explanation makes a lot of sense. I will try out the steps you mentioned corroborate the hypothesis. In running traffic, I still feel the fan is not blowing as fast as it should but will continue to observe.
Old 6th January 2022, 22:05   #332

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNAWAYAJ View Post
Hello everyone,

Other than the cracked windshield, the Tucson returned an efficiency of 18.1 kmpl (!!!) on the trip to Chennai with sedate driving (sedate because with that crack staring at me throughout, I didn’t have the guts to floor the pedal!). The car has oodles of power on tap, and is eager to surge forward with the slightest push. The AC is extremely effective, and the dual zone climate control came in handy to configure the cooling based on the angle and direction of the sun. The stereo was punchy and bass-heavy just as I like it, and the Tucson glided over bad patches effortlessly. NVH levels were satisfactory though the tire noise was quite hard to ignore – possibly the Nexen compound isn’t the greatest?

That’s all for now. Will post updates after the windshield has been replaced. Hope Advaith ORR do a good job of it – I've become a little paranoid about scratches to the A-pillar trims and dashboard, soiling of the roof-liner, scratches on the bonnet, and so on. If any of you has a senior contact there, please pass it on. Wish me luck, folks!

Take care and stay safe.
I had a similar incident when i drove from chennai to goa..my windshield was hit by stone twice..the first time it resulted in a minor scratch but the secnd time it resulted in a crack.i immediately called my hyundai dealer (FPL Chennai) and checked on the availability and was told that it is not readily available and it would take approx 10 days once order is placed.I also found out an OEE in chennai but i was apprehensive about scratches to A Pillar and as i had zero dep decided to go with ASC.i placed the order and the windshield arrived in 8 days.The ASC did a professional job and there were no scratches.I only had to bear the insurance charges and interier cleaning (As the inside of A-Pillar was a bit soiled).The overall cost to insurance was around 45K but thankfully insurance was there for my rescue .
My suggestion is to go with ASC as long as you have insurance.
Koolkalmadi78 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 13:48   #333
BHPian

New-Gen Hyundai Tucson Reaches Dealerships, Seen Parked With Venue
https://www.carblogindia.com/new-gen-hyundai-tucson/

Can anyone confirm if this is true? Is the launch in sight?
Old 8th January 2022, 21:27   #334

Quote:
Originally Posted by desidino View Post
Dear Tucson owners,

Any car covers you would recommend? Couldn't find any tyvek ones specifically for Tucson online.

Thanks.
I have got body cover from TPH coverd..these are custom made and there are different varieties with different price range.
There is also a thread where body covers have been discussed extensively and I went ahead with TPH based on the feedback in that thread.
Hyundai also has a body cover but it is slightly heavy and material is a bit stiff.
Koolkalmadi78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 23:02   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolkalmadi78 View Post
The ASC did a professional job and there were no scratches.I only had to bear the insurance charges and interier cleaning (As the inside of A-Pillar was a bit soiled).The overall cost to insurance was around 45K but thankfully insurance was there for my rescue .
My suggestion is to go with ASC as long as you have insurance.
Thanks for the suggestion I am inclined to go to the ASC and have already contacted Advaith regarding this.
TNAWAYAJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 10:03   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojas View Post
New-Gen Hyundai Tucson Reaches Dealerships, Seen Parked With Venue
https://www.carblogindia.com/new-gen-hyundai-tucson/

Can anyone confirm if this is true? Is the launch in sight?
This is for Nepal and not India. No launch date yet for India
rave20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 11:56   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desidino View Post
Dear Tucson owners,

Any car covers you would recommend? Couldn't find any tyvek ones specifically for Tucson online.

Thanks.
I think the genuine accessory body cover from Hyundai is quite good. Why don't you try asking your dealer to procure one? It fits the car well and material feels durable too. Attaching a picture of my car cover for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-img20220108wa0018.jpeg  

Pyrotek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 23:22   #338
BHPian

It's been about 3 weeks and I just completed the 1000km mark today. So far, I covered long distances between Bangalore, Tumkur, Lepakshi, and Mysore.

The more I drive the Tucson Petrol, the more I am falling in love with it. I am in awe of the refinement and the utterly smooth suspension. This car feels effortless to drive. For a relatively sedate driver like me, the power feels plentiful both in the city and on the highway.

If anyone is on the fence about the Tucson Petrol, I strongly encourage picking one up. I chose this over the heavily discounted Audi Q2, VW Tiguan, and Jeep Compass and have no regrets whatsoever.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-img_20211230_181604.jpg  

Last edited by Pyrotek : 10th January 2022 at 23:28.
Pyrotek is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 09:44   #339
BHPian

Recently completed ~800km drive.. Vehicle is a pure joy to drive. So smooth and effortless..

Only concern i have is the alarm noise which comes in at 120kmph.. this is continuous, is there a way to stop this / reduce this?

Some of the pics of the drive
2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-img_0008.jpg

2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-img_0016.jpg
rave20 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 09:57   #340
BHPian

How's the quality of leather used on seats? Is it breathable enough? The one thing that I miss on my current car is ventilated seats when on long drive where over time you start feeling a bit uncomfortable. When driving Creta with ventilated seats, I could feel a big difference on long drives. Also, if you could comment on lumbar support and if it is adjustable enough to get to a comfortable driving position.
Old 11th January 2022, 12:49   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
How's the quality of leather used on seats? Is it breathable enough? The one thing that I miss on my current car is ventilated seats when on long drive where over time you start feeling a bit uncomfortable. When driving Creta with ventilated seats, I could feel a big difference on long drives.
I didn't find any issues with the quality of leather used. Always felt comfortable may be since i mostly drive with AC on and its pleasant inside the cabin & also the weather is not that hot / humid.

Folks who have the vehicle for long term can comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Also, if you could comment on lumbar support and if it is adjustable enough to get to a comfortable driving position.
Lumbar support is electrically adjustable and you can feel the same. I am not a huge fan of this and i would not complaint even if this was not there.
rave20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 10:46   #342
BHPian

Looks like some of us recent Tucson owners are encountering the same bad luck with the windshield. I got mine while en route from Mysore to Bangalore this morning. A truck laden with stone chips moved over a road undulation in Mandya town and my car's windshield was the unfortunate recipient of a particularly rogue stone chip.

The Crack looks small for now but will take a call on replacing it when I take the car in for first service next week.

The Bangalore Mysore highway is quite irksome with all the construction work and these tractors and trucks moving around with construction material.

Any suggestions for an alternative route? I am based around Yeshwanthpur.
Old 14th January 2022, 11:03   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
Looks like some of us recent Tucson owners are encountering the same bad luck with the windshield. I got mine while en route from Mysore to Bangalore this morning. A truck laden with stone chips moved over a road undulation in Mandya town and my car's windshield was the unfortunate recipient of a particularly rogue stone chip.

The Crack looks small for now but will take a call on replacing it when I take the car in for first service next week.

The Bangalore Mysore highway is quite irksome with all the construction work and these tractors and trucks moving around with construction material.

Not sure if you got a chip or crack, look at this post for DIY chip repair:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4045145
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 07:32   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post

UPDATE: I was able to answer my own question. Details herehttps://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5236309 (Bangalore - Mysore - Ooty : Route Queries).
Old 15th January 2022, 08:08   #345
BHPian

Did my first service yesterday from Advaith Hyundai Bellandur... No fuss and it was a pleasant experience. Tucson service relationship manager (Santosh) made the whole process very smooth.

No charges at all since they didn't change anything. Only checking and tightening of some nuts and bolts. Now full on motoring upto 10,000Km's
rave20 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks