Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2021, 12:05   #211
BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrys987 View Post
Finally have decided to go with the diesel Tucson. Was a tough decision but super happy with the choice made. Will update here after talking to SA for further details.
Took the delivery of the vehicle yesterday . Will do a write up of the overall experience soon.

Last edited by starrys987 : 30th September 2021 at 12:05. Reason: Fix grammar
starrys987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 16:11   #212
BHPian

Looks like dealers in Bangalore are way more responsive compared to Mumbai.
I registered for test drive on Hyundai's website. Received call from dealership. But They say they don't have vehicle for test drive. Other dealer said they only have petrol Test drive vehicle. Instead they asked me if I am interested in any other vehicle like Creta.
Looks dealers in Mumbai are not interested in selling Tucson and are happy selling Creta/Alcazar.
Old 30th September 2021, 21:44   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrys987 View Post
Took the delivery of the vehicle yesterday . Will do a write up of the overall experience soon.
Congratulations ! Wish you exciting miles ahead.

Can you please tell me which model you bought and from which dealer?

I booked GLO and my friend booked 4WD with Advaith on the 6th and we are told cars 'may' arrive only by October end.
BenglurianBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 11:01   #214
BHPian

Apologies if this isn’t the right thread for this but isn’t the current edition a bit long in the tooth? I presume the new global 2021 Tucson should hit our shores soon?
Old 1st October 2021, 11:04   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenglurianBHP View Post
Congratulations ! Wish you exciting miles ahead.

Can you please tell me which model you bought and from which dealer?

I booked GLO and my friend booked 4WD with Advaith on the 6th and we are told cars 'may' arrive only by October end.
Thank you. I took Starry Night 4WD from Trident. When did you confirm your booking? I did it on 1st september.
starrys987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 11:11   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
Apologies if this isn’t the right thread for this but isn’t the current edition a bit long in the tooth? I presume the new global 2021 Tucson should hit our shores soon?
Agree, but to some extent. It all depends on what one is looking for. I have seen many people indicating the interiors are a bit dated. I say, the layout of the dash may be a bit dated but not the feel of it. It can give a 50L car a run for its money with its fit, finish and quality levels. And no one comes close to provide the power, torque this vehicle provides (except for the big 3).

The new tucson is longer in length, which is not something I prefer in a city like Bangalore. I don't quite like the design either. I prefer something neat and classy. Needless to say, its just a personal opinion.

Given the exclusiveness this car provides today, it makes for an great option for someone looking into this category.
starrys987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 11:59   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
Absolutely. There are many people waiting for the new version.

It all boils down to what you are able to pay at the end of day. The new version is good looking, may even have better ride, handling, etc. But then, it would also command a 2/3 L higher price The current OTR price in Bangalore for lowest trim is 28.5L. Which means the new base version may have a price tag upwards of 30.5L atleast. Nobody seems to factor that in

Additionally, if you have read reports from Autocar India and Evo india, the new version that get's launched in India may only be a 7 seater. (I like to believe they have some inside news which we don't). The price will go further north.

As I said, price is a factor which somehow we don't speak about enough
BenglurianBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:23   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhisheksinh View Post
How are the brakes on Tucson? On my test drive, I felt that the brakes were not up to the mark. Also, any other issues faced by the owners like rattling noise or battery issues or any other.

As Tucson is ‘CKU’ has anyone faced issues with the availability of the parts?
Tucson brakes are certainly not confidence-inspiring on highways. It gives you a nasty feeling when applying emergency brakes although that's not a problem in city driving. Being CKU, Tucson parts are not easily available. I ordered some parts two months ago and still waiting for their arrival. The dealer is unsure himself and keeps blaming the delay on the Covid pandemic.
handsome_guy17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 14:19   #219
BHPian

Hyundai does not want to sell this vehicle. Went to showroom and kept waiting for any sales staff to be competent enough to brief about this SUV. Alas no one knew much details, finally sales person said I will get my senior to call you back with details.

All they wanted to sell was Creta. Kept shoving it down my throat for a test drive. When I said Not interested then sales person gave me a dirty look as if saying you are being difficult

@Hyundai how will you sell a car if your sales staff is not even trained on the same?
Old 4th October 2021, 17:42   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Hyundai does not want to sell this vehicle. Went to showroom and kept waiting for any sales staff to be competent enough to brief about this SUV. Alas no one knew much details, finally sales person said I will get my senior to call you back with details.

All they wanted to sell was Creta. Kept shoving it down my throat for a test drive. When I said Not interested then sales person gave me a dirty look as if saying you are being difficult

@Hyundai how will you sell a car if your sales staff is not even trained on the same?
Hyundai has a little different strategy. If you go to any showroom, you will most likely not find anyone to show around Tucson on the spot. Reason? - That is how it is structured.

Best option is to call the showroom and tell them that you are interested in Tucson. You will get a call back from a senior sales person (usually a guy who takes care of premium models like Elantra, Tucson etc.) He will schedule a test drive and come to your place of convenience and time within next few days depending on Car's availability. Showroom usually caters to other Cars till Creta.

I had a good experience and liked the car too! Although it is a different thing that I did not book the car and still waiting for that perfect car in 30L price bracket
SourPai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 00:05   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai does not want to sell this vehicle
In Bangalore, for cars in this segment, one just expresses one's interest in their online portal, and they call back, set up an appointment and come to your place with the car (usually on a weekday since they are busy on weekends)

That is how I test drove the Tucson, the MG Hector and also the Tata Safari.

I reckon it will be the same in other big cities. You should try that.

The sales guy who came with the Tucson understood why it is better than the Creta and understood that I knew it too. He admitted that Hyundai isn't trying very hard to sell the product. He was pretty candid about the Creta/Alcazar/Seltos's shortcomings in the safety department; said that the people who come to the showroom do not even ask about safety.
Old 5th October 2021, 10:52   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai does not want to sell this vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPai View Post
Hyundai has a little different strategy. If you go to any showroom, you will most likely not find anyone to show around Tucson on the spot. Reason? - That is how it is structured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
In Bangalore, for cars in this segment, one just expresses one's interest in their online portal, and they call back, set up an appointment and come to your place with the car (usually on a weekday since they are busy on weekends)
Agree with these comments. When I started out looking at Tucson, initial days were a bit difficult with one dealer. Then I switched to Trident and Voila, got a extremely capable SA assigned who knew the vehicle in and out. Only limited SAs are assigned for Tucsons, Konas and Elantras.

So, the idea is to find the right SA and dealership who would be able to provide a detailed ride, details and can help with early deliveries.

After being with the vehicles for 5 days, the initial pain with the first dealer is long forgotten. Please do not rule this out just because of dealer attitude.
starrys987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 19:43   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsome_guy17 View Post
Tucson brakes are certainly not confidence-inspiring on highways. It gives you a nasty feeling when applying emergency brakes although that's not a problem in city driving.
I didn’t get a chance to check the brakes at a very high speed, but at the speed of 80 or 90 Kmph, the brakes were fine, although the response from the paddle was weird. This was the same in city driving as well. There was a kind of spongy feel from the brake paddles while applying the brakes.

Also, the rear seats are positioned too low. Visibility from the back seat could be an issue for the person who is below 5’4.
Old 10th October 2021, 11:03   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhisheksinh View Post
True I felt the same that the brakes are spongy. May I know which varaint you own?
Did you do PDI before you went ahead with the registration?

I did my PDI before I took the delivery. I found the brakes to be spongy then as well ,but since I had no issues with sponginess and the bite was quite good and the car stopped without any fuss I thought it was an non- issue. Actually of all the Tucson's I test drove I felt the same spongy nature of the brakes. I have a diesel GL(O).
Old 10th October 2021, 11:10   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by umairalvi View Post
This may be a little off topic but here goes.
I have noticed that when playing audio through Android auto, the sound seems to come only from the front speakers of the car. Is this expected? I am not sure if it's true for Apple Carplay too. Is there any setting that needs to be tweaked so that the sound comes through the rear speakers as well? The other day, my dad was in the back seat and he made this observation.
I have experienced the same. But my issue is little more complicated. This phenomena for my car is happening sporadically and at random. So it does not happen always but sometimes during the middle of a song. This has happened during playing of the radio/USB drive so I am guessing this is a speaker issue. I looked into the settings and did not find anything amiss or incorrectly configured. I called a technician from Advaith to check on the issue twice. In both the cases I was not able to reproduce the issue since for me this is not happening always but at random that too for couple of seconds.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks