Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2021, 12:31   #91
BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT

Thanks for this. Yes there is a low cover available, just that I haven't had the chance tooad so much luggage till now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorebhp View Post
At 11:03 take a look at https://Youtu.be/eCm5fiRniXc?t=663
Old 16th February 2021, 21:44   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorebhp View Post
This is quite odd. The test drive car I got had a space saver and that must have been one of the early facelift models. Wondering if someone else can confirm. Don't think you can be the only lucky one, though
IIRC, the petrol Tucson comes with a full size spare wheel. The diesel Tucson (like mine) has a space-saver spare because of the DEF tank (needed for BS6 norms).
Old 1st March 2021, 12:06   #93
BHPian

This car is simply amazing. Every time I drive, it puts a smile on the face. Drove the Tucson and GLE back to back; the suspension and driveability flatters me with the amount saved.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-20210225_191813.jpg  

2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-20210225_174613.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 2nd March 2021 at 06:55. Reason: Poor language & grammar
Deepu Sharma is offline   (18) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 4th March 2021, 12:05   #94

I was considering Jeep Compass model S, but still not quite able to pull my self around to go all in to spend 35L for that space it offers.

Never considered Hyundai at all, but after going through the reviews here 2020 Tucson facelift looks a compelling alternative to consider.

Have a couple of queries though, much appreciate your responses;

1) Is it advisable to go for 2020 Tucson given that the 2021 version is around the corner, personally do not quite like the over the top design of the latest version, but am concerned that once 2021 version is launched, will it make 2020 totally outdated, impacting its spare part availability given that not much Tucson's are sold.

2) How is high speed driving dynamics, is this a one that can cut into a corner or the one to be treated with respect while getting into corners or tight spots?

MOD NOTE -

thru = through. No abbreviations / short forms to be used.

Please use space after a punctuation mark [, .] not before it. Request you to proof read your post before submitting it.

Would be a good idea to visit Forum Rules.

Thanks.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th March 2021 at 04:38. Reason: Mod note edited
TourqeHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 06:05   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourqeHead View Post
1) Is it advisable to go for 2020 Tucson given that the 2021 version is around the corner, personally do not quite like the over the top design of the latest version, but am concerned that once 2021 version is launched, will it make 2020 totally outdated, impacting its spare part availability given that not much Tucson's are sold.
As a 2020 Tucson owner, I am personally not worried about the availability of spare parts. I believe that the Tucson currently sold in India is the same/similar to the ones sold in the UK / Australia. It is part of the third generation of the car and should not have any problems with spare parts. I fully expect Hyundai to support the Tucson without any issues given it's premium positioning - I guess time will tell.

Quote:
2) How is high speed driving dynamics, is this a one that can cut into a corner or the one to be treated with respect while getting into corners or tight spots?
The max I have driven the car steadily is 100-110 kmph on highways. At those speeds, I am comfortable with the handling and don't have any problems with curves and corners. Since I am a cautious driver, I don't plan to drive any faster. I would say that based on all the reviews I have read or seen that the Tucson is not really meant to be driven through curves or corners at very high speeds. It is a Hyundai with their typical light steering.
QuadraticAmoeba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 11:55   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraticAmoeba View Post
As a 2020 Tucson owner, I am personally not worried about the availability of spare parts. I believe that the Tucson currently sold in India is the same/similar to the ones sold in the UK / Australia. It is part of the third generation of the car and should not have any problems with spare parts. I fully expect Hyundai to support the Tucson without any issues given it's premium positioning - I guess time will tell.
Thank You!

I did another round of test drive of the diesel GLS 4 wheel drive and found that for an SUV of this size the overall driving dynamics, braking and cornering is not quite top notch but agreeable to what you find in comparison to the same price range.

Went ahead and booked a Diesel GLS 4W in Polar White (PWT) with PeeYesYem Hyundai Chennai. Have to say the review and fellow bhpians' experience shared here in team-bhp forum about Tucson did weigh in on the decision as well. Shall share the details on decision making, purchase and delivery experience in a new thread.

Initiated the finance processing and waiting for updates from bank. In the mean while, getting a push from the dealer to release ex-showroom price immediately once the loan is approved, because this is a premium segment SUV and they need the payment beforehand to initiate production. At the same time, I am told that there is one Polar White GLS 4W already in production line and I need not worry about delay in delivery, so now I am confused as it's definitely not from my booking, I am still of the stand that I need to get the car allotted and need the VIN number to proceed with the disbursement.

Not sure about the case of this premium segment. Is this how the purchase works? Anyone familiar with the details, kindly pitch in.
Old 10th March 2021, 12:22   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the mean while, getting a push from the dealer to release ex-showroom price immediately once the loan is approved, because this is a premium segment SUV and they need the payment beforehand to initiate production. At the same time, I am told that there is one Polar White GLS 4W already in production line and I need not worry about delay in delivery, so now I am confused as it's definitely not from my booking, I am still of the stand that I need to get the car allotted and need the VIN number to proceed with the disbursement.

Not sure about the case of this premium segment. Is this how the purchase works? Anyone familiar with the details, kindly pitch in.
You should check with HMP casually about this, and that will answer the question. This just sounds like the dealer getting greedy more than anything else.

Congrats on the choice - happy motoring!
ph03n!x is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 12:28   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Went ahead and booked a Diesel GLS 4W in Polar White (PWT) with PeeYesYem Hyundai Chennai. In the mean while, getting a push from the dealer to release ex-showroom price immediately once the loan is approved, because this is a premium segment SUV and they need the payment beforehand to initiate production.
Congrats on your booking. I don’t believe there is any such requirement for paying any money in advance other than the booking amount.

In my case, I waited until the car was allocated and present in the showroom. I would have paid only after PDI, but since I wanted the car immediately, the dealer told me that they can initiate registration only after payment (which was fair). So I paid 50% the day before PDI (car was in their stock yard having come from Chennai and I got the VIN two days earlier) and the rest after PDI the next day.

No reason why you should pay anything without VIN and PDI.
Old 10th March 2021, 20:16   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Went ahead and booked a Diesel GLS 4W in Polar White (PWT) with PeeYesYem Hyundai Chennai.
Congratulations on the booking. I have booked a starry night Diesel GLS 2WD with FPL Hyundai Guduvancheri on the second of March and awaiting delivery. What's your estimated delivery time?

I did inquire with HMP and KUN as well, but didn't visit PeeYesYem. What kind of discounts where you offered?

My quote details in the I booked my car thread : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ml#post5014883 (The "I Booked my Car" Thread)
ramprakashr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 23:43   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramprakashr View Post
Congratulations on the booking. I have booked a starry night Diesel GLS 2WD with FPL Hyundai Guduvancheri on the second of March and awaiting delivery. What's your estimated delivery time?
Thank You!

There is a confusion going on with booking, apparently there is a Polar White 4WD GLS AT in production line and is promised to be delivered by Mar 27th. I am waiting for a confirmation of it being really allotted to me, till that happens it's tentatively March 27th as earliest date.

Quote:
I did inquire with HMP and KUN as well, but didn't visit PeeYesYem. What kind of discounts where you offered?
Nothing much initially, once they were sure that my interest is genuine they were willing to forego on majority of the insurance part and that's it, I did check with a few others and no one is going below 32L OTR for the 4WD Diesel AT GLS.
TourqeHead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 14:48   #101
BHPian

Great review of a wonderful car.

I have been test driving several cars right from Innova, Compass and Safari - somehow each one has something that didn't tug the heart.

Scheduled Tucson as the last and it just blew my mind over the drivability, suspension and the bells and whistles. Loved the engine (good power - yet frugal), the space at the back was much needed and boot space is good.

Hoping for a April end delivery.

Thanks again for the review and it is was very useful during the purchasing decision.
Old 23rd March 2021, 10:02   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Thank You!

There is a confusion going on with booking, apparently there is a Polar White 4WD GLS AT in production line and is promised to be delivered by Mar 27th. I am waiting for a confirmation of it being really allotted to me, till that happens it's tentatively March 27th as earliest date.
I was promised a March 12th delivery. But apparently the car hasn't reached the showroom's yard yet. They said the same that a starry night 2WD GLS is in the production line, but the dealer is clueless why Hyundai hasn't shipped the car yet. Three weeks without a car in the family and the arduous wait continues!
Old 28th March 2021, 11:04   #103
BHPian

Quote:
I was promised a March 12th delivery. But apparently the car hasn't reached the showroom's yard yet.
Perhaps the global semiconductor shortage is affecting the Tucson also. I can understand your frustration - it seems the dealer / Hyundai have no clue about the status and are unable to give you any firm dates. This is the hardest part of the process - everything is done and you just have to wait. Best wishes to get your car as early as possible.
Old 28th March 2021, 12:23   #104
Senior - BHPian

This has to be hands down one of the most under-rated yet capable SUVs in India. I recommended the pre-facelift version to a friend of mine who was looking for a SUV and considering the Compass. He was impressed when he test drove it and ended up buying the AWD version of the diesel.

Everytime he calls me, he just cannot stop gushing over how much he enjoys the car and looks forward to taking it out. And it's been 3 years now!

I think the main attraction of this SUV is that it does so many things competently that the few drawbacks can be easily borne with.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 13:31   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraticAmoeba View Post
Perhaps the global semiconductor shortage is affecting the Tucson also. I can understand your frustration - it seems the dealer / Hyundai have no clue about the status and are unable to give you any firm dates. This is the hardest part of the process - everything is done and you just have to wait. Best wishes to get your car as early as possible.
Hi @QuadraticAmoeba, first a special thanks to you for the ownership thread, which played a pivotal role in our purchase process. It was immensely helpful.

The car has reached the yard and we did the PDI on Saturday. The SA says that the car did multiple "PDI Ins & PDI Outs" in the factory and that seems the reason for the delay. Attaching a couple of pictures during the PDI at FPL Hyundai's yard here.

2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-img_0467.jpg

2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-img_0469.jpg

The payment process should be completed today. As luck would have it, this week has a lot of bank holidays and the dealer is not sure if the RTO would be working on those holidays. Tomorrow seems a clear possibility though. The SA is really pushing things forward since she has to finish her March target and for the first time I'm happy with all the pushing for someone meeting their sales target . The next week is even crazier with elections in TN happening on 6th April.

Hoping for a delivery this week!

Last edited by ramprakashr : 29th March 2021 at 13:37.
ramprakashr is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks