Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2021, 14:56   #241
BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT

Did anyone feel that the seats were too hard? Both me and my wife felt the same during our test drive.
Old 11th November 2021, 15:14   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
Did anyone feel that the seats were too hard? Both me and my wife felt the same during our test drive.
We did not feel so. Our TD car had 1500 Kms on odometer and the car felt good. The seats and comfort were on the expected lines. The variant came for TD was HTRAC. Not sure about other variants.
sreddyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 16:29   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreddyhere View Post
We did not feel so. Our TD car had 1500 Kms on odometer and the car felt good. The seats and comfort were on the expected lines. The variant came for TD was HTRAC. Not sure about other variants.
We took another long test drive to check the seats and the ride. I didn't adjust the front seat properly while taking the first test drive(I know, that was very stupid) which turned out to be the issue. Rear seats aren't the best in the original position either, but they are ok after adjusting properly. I wish the visibility from rear seat was better though, rear windows are set too high.

The 8 speed gearbox coupled with the diesel engine really impressed me once more. Ride quality is good without too much body roll either.

We went ahead and booked the GLS diesel 2WD. Expecting the delivery sometime during December.
moongazer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 18:09   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
We went ahead and booked the GLS diesel 2WD. Expecting the delivery sometime during December.
Congratulations! Nice choice. Please do post delivery experience. Are there any discounts on Tucson now?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th November 2021 at 18:15. Reason: Fixing broken quote + space after period.
sreddyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 10:49   #245
BHPian

What is the feedback on the Petrol Tuscon from folks here ? Is it a good machine or Diesel mill still the preferred one? Asking this for a friend, who is worried about the DPF issues with BS6 Diesels that are being reported everywhere
shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 16:07   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreddyhere View Post
Congratulations! Nice choice. Please do post delivery experience. Are there any discounts on Tucson now?
Thank you!

There aren't any discounts from Hyundai. But I got a 75k discount from the dealer.
Old 21st November 2021, 17:17   #247

Took delivery of a Phantom Black GLS Diesel 2WD model from Pavan Hyundai Kanakapura Road three weeks ago, thoroughly enjoying the car (coming from a 2014 Fluidic Verna Petrol AT).

20 Days since delivery, completed a 900Km BLR -> Velankanni -> BLR, and a 700Km BLR -> Connooor -> BLR trip, the car handles very well. Coming from a Hyundai, the car seems familiar, but we’re still getting used to the many features.

My wife and I both drive the car, and we love the practicality, power and convenience of the car.

Thanks to @quadraticamoeba for the ownership review, we even took the car to Krithi Car Care straight from the showroom and got full PPF done. Happy to answer any questions if someone here is considering the Tucson.
Bangaloreyoda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 22:47   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
What is the feedback on the Petrol Tuscon from folks here ? Is it a good machine or Diesel mill still the preferred one? Asking this for a friend, who is worried about the DPF issues with BS6 Diesels that are being reported everywhere
I am using Petrol GLS for the last few months, done about 7000 KM in various terrains including Mumbai - Delhi - Mumbai and Mumbai - Ganpatipule - Mumbai recently. The car was fully loaded with 5 passengers. The drive quality, power and suspension are awesome. However, be prepared for 10-12 kmpl of Petrol. Hope this helps. Thanks.
Dharmen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 07:20   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharmen View Post
However, be prepared for 10-12 kmpl of Petrol.
This is great input, thanks!!! Is this on the highway ? What about the city?
shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 13:41   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
This is great input, thanks!!! Is this on the highway ? What about the city?
In city also I find it equally good. Please let me know if you want to know anything specific. Thanks.
Old 23rd November 2021, 16:46   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangaloreyoda View Post
Took delivery of a Phantom Black GLS Diesel 2WD model from Pavan Hyundai Kanakapura Road three weeks ago
So Pavan Hyundai also deals with the Hyundai Tucson now. Couple of months ago when we enquired for a relative, the folks at Pavan Hyundai said, they don’t deal with Elantra and Tucson. Only cars up till the Creta.
Old 24th November 2021, 14:56   #252
BHPian

My search for the perfect upgrade continues. This week I drove the Hyundai Tucson Diesel with AWD. Following closely on the heels of the C5 Aircross, I am happy to share my thoughts below.

1. The Tucson has the best back seat among all the Premium SUVs/crossovers. The range of recline angles is incredible and makes it easily the most comfortable for 3 people in the back seat.

2. The quality and ambience feels sophisticated without being quirky. Same goes for the features. Every aspect of the car feels usable and focused on convenience.

3. The ride comfort is not in the same league as the Citroen. But with a 7 lakhs price difference between the two, I don't think most buyers will consider the premium justified.

4. The engine and gearbox combination is amazing. Smooth and refined and acceleration was brisk.

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the updated Tiguan to make a decision. I am also looking forward to driving the Tucson Petrol before I make a decision.
Pyrotek is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 18:59   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
So Pavan Hyundai also deals with the Hyundai Tucson now. Couple of months ago when we enquired for a relative, the folks at Pavan Hyundai said, they don’t deal with Elantra and Tucson. Only cars up till the Creta.
Yes, they're now "eligible" to sell Tucson and Elantra. I was told that the dealership has to meet certain sales goals (and service goals) in order to be eligible to sell premium cars like Tucson and Elantra.
Old 29th November 2021, 12:11   #254
BHPian

Anyone face any issues with Android Auto? It was working fine until few days back when it started to quit working intermittently, unless you reconnect the cable again. But for last two days everytime I try Android Auto, the screen goes blank until I remove the cable. I have tried with two phones running Android 11 and 12, and two OEM cables. Each of these combinations have worked perfectly till now. Is there any firmware update available for the infotainment system?
Old 30th November 2021, 11:51   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulraag View Post
Is there any firmware update available for the infotainment system?
I haven't encountered any such issues with Android Auto and Apple Carplay yet. However, I happened to check the Hyundai website for the map update and turns out, there is indeed an update available for the Tucson. I am not sure if it will solve the issue you are experiencing but there's no harm in contacting your dealer regarding the same. I shall hopefully get this update done during the 10k kms service (i.e. around a month from now).
umairalvi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks