Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2021, 11:51   #226
BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT

Had my first long drive, turned out to be a wet drive but loved every bit of it.

Drove from Bangalore to Vailankanni and back.

Covered 1100 kms over 2 days - to and fro was about 550 kms. Enjoyed the engine, suspension & the comfort. Good fuel capacity and mileage as well...
monish_m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 12:38   #227
BHPian

I booked a white GLO last week and got it delivered yesterday. So far so good. Thanks all in this thread for helping me to decide on Tucson. Planning for a longish drive next week end to Coimbatore and back.
Old 11th October 2021, 00:20   #228
BHPian

I have been in the same boat for a while now and my last post on the search was
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...ml#post5162348 (VW Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs others)

My boat is yet to find a shore and still looking for a CSUV at around 30L and may be another lakh or two that provides good back bench and good boot space, Diesel automatic.

Read through the entire Tuscon Facelift post. Had seen several Youtube videos on Tuscon Facelift that is available here in India. Still not able to cross shop from Compass - well, heart doesn't allow. However thinking purely from the practicality and the trends, if and when the new Tuson (already launched internationally) arrives here in India, it definitely would be a couple of lakhs more than the current price level as many in this thread had felt, affordability slipping by a few lakhs. That would make, on a lighter note, Compass suddenly would look affordable From that point of view the current Tuscon is worth considering.

Another fact to consider is most likely the new Tuscon would be 7 starter keeping with the trends as well as to justify the increased cost. Which would be a waste for people like me.

But, if Hyundai does launch the 5 seater as well with all the top end features at the current level of prices - purely wishful thinking now - then surely they would have runaway success since it will cut into Compass big time and even potential Innova Crysta customers might be lured towards them. Letting my wishes fly further with gay abandon - just imagine Kia Sportage too introduced later at around 25L-28L range- even Safari and XUV700 top end models will face the heat.
zensure is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 10:41   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monish_m View Post
Covered 1100 kms over 2 days - to and fro was about 550 kms. Enjoyed the engine, suspension & the comfort. Good fuel capacity and mileage as well...
Can you please share the mileage you got? I need to pick between compass and tucson, but it's not an easy decision to make.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th October 2021 at 11:00. Reason: Typo.
Old 26th October 2021, 17:04   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Can you please share the mileage you got? I need to pick between compass and tucson, but it's not an easy decision to make.
Trip 1 - about 1000 kms
Going - ~13.8 kms / litre
Returning ~ 13.5 kms / litre

Trip 2 about 800 kms
Going - ~14.5 kms / litre
Returning ~12 kms / litre

Basically on a good highway cruising around 80-120 kms/hr gets you good mileage and with slow speed-ups. The minute you are in the >130 range your mileage drops...

BTW I was reading someone who got ~18 kms / litre. So its extremely interesting how such a powerful engine can be frugal as well - gem of a engine from Hyundai.
monish_m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 17:08   #231
BHPian

Quote:

BTW I was reading someone who got ~18 kms / litre. So its extremely interesting how such a powerful engine can be frugal as well - gem of a engine from Hyundai.
Thanks a ton for the numbers. They have further tilted the scales in favor of the Tucson.
Old 26th October 2021, 17:16   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Trip 1 - about 1000 kms
Going - ~13.8 kms / litre
Returning ~ 13.5 kms / litre

Trip 2 about 800 kms
Going - ~14.5 kms / litre
Returning ~12 kms / litre

Basically on a good highway cruising around 80-120 kms/hr gets you good mileage and with slow speed-ups. The minute you are in the >130 range your mileage drops...

Drive around 80 kmph using cruise control. I got 16 kmpl from my Kodiaq that usually gives around 11. Both my rear tyres had cuts and were patched and running them using tubes so i had to keep under 80. I reached from Agra to Raipur a distance of 1004 km using 63 ltr of fuel. Around 80 the car cruised in 7th gear and 1200-1300 rpm. My car is remapped and has similar power figures.
Old 26th October 2021, 20:45   #233
BHPian

Just did my 1st service. Did about 1400kms including a long drive from Chennai to Coimbatore and back. I occasionally touched 120 kmph Got fed up with the warning bells and keep it less than 120
The accumulated information shows 14.6 kmpl.
Just city driving with slow speeds (less stops) gives about 10-11. Only in real traffic jams I get 6-7
This is GL(O) diesel

Last edited by thalavoy : 26th October 2021 at 20:47.
thalavoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 17:42   #234
BHPian

Looks like the new Tucson is going to be launched soon:

https://www.motoroids.com/news/motor...ting-in-india/
Old 4th November 2021, 14:26   #235

Hello Folks - Could you help with some real world feedback on the suspension and comfort in the rear seat if used as a driver driven car for my wife. I found the petrol Tucson TD vehicle fairly decent but when a Diesel AWD found its way to me yesterday I found the ride jiggly. Also how would this compare to a Crysta (we don't really need the space of the Crysta but the passenger comfort factor does give it some additional points)..

Thanks,
anand253 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 12:15   #236
One
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand253 View Post
Hello Folks - Could you help with some real world feedback on the suspension and comfort in the rear seat if used as a driver driven car for my wife.

Also how would this compare to a Crysta (we don't really need the space of the Crysta but the passenger comfort factor does give it some additional points)..

Thanks,
In my limited times in a Tucson, and specifically sitting at the back seat, found the suspension to be just excellent , more so in Bombay roads. You will hear the thud but it will not reach your back. (The first few times this was very interesting where the mind was prepared for a bump after the sound but it never really came!)

In the Crysta, one can go faster over the same bad patches and get out fine. Better/ Worse by how much degree- not sure; faster and still comfortable in Crysta- definitely yes. Also in the Crysta, one can go over really bad patches and feel better though in city, not sure how many of these will be present. Tucson has less lateral movement than Crysta, this difference is clearly noticeable. In terms of shoulder room at back seat for three people, Tucson seats and width are comparable with Crysta.

See if the tyre pressure was correct in the AWD model, then try taking over the same road. Back to back drive in Crysta over same road with tyre pressure correct will hopefully answer this.

Last edited by One : 5th November 2021 at 12:17.
One is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 14:06   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Folks - Could you help with some real world feedback on the suspension and comfort in the rear seat if used as a driver driven car for my wife. I found the petrol Tucson TD vehicle fairly decent but when a Diesel AWD found its way to me yesterday I found the ride jiggly. Also how would this compare to a Crysta (we don't really need the space of the Crysta but the passenger comfort factor does give it some additional points)..
Thanks,
Have taken the car over all kinds of roads (Bangalore and ghats) and the ride quality is pretty decent. As mentioned by One, you will hear the thud but it won't feel it. This is even better with some decent tyres (the OEM Nexen tyres that came with my Tucson are not the best).

There is a good amount of legroom in the back even with the front seats pulled back to the maximum. The rear seats can be reclined a little bit. Pull down the middle armrest and it's not a bad place to be in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I have gotten an average mileage of 14.2 kmpl or so over 20000 km. This is with 20% city and 80% highway, which includes a lot of slow ghat section driving.

Last edited by QuadraticAmoeba : 5th November 2021 at 14:14.
QuadraticAmoeba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 22:43   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Folks - Could you help with some real world feedback on the suspension and comfort in the rear seat if used as a driver driven car for my wife.

Thanks,
Here are my two cents on it. I have test driven the car a few times and the rear seat is the only reason I never bought one. The rear seat is positioned so low that window line was somewhere in between my ear and shoulder. I am 5’6” and to make things worse the window line slopes up towards the rear. It basically felt sitting in a cave with almost no visibility to the outside. Your wife is not going to be happy with it unless she is much taller than I am. The suspension is typical Hyundai and nothing to write home about. The Tata twins have much better suspensions and the rear seat visibility is way better in the Compass. I drive a Hexa so my suspension and rear seat comfort benchmarks are way too high.

Last edited by yd_gli : 5th November 2021 at 22:44.
yd_gli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 16:36   #239
BHPian

Is the Hyundai Tucson a CKD or is it locally manufactured here?
Old 10th November 2021, 11:52   #240
BHPian

Hyundai Tucson is a CKD assembled in their TN Plant.
sreddyhere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks