Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2022, 14:00   #376
BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT

I'm keeping in touch with the SAs from two dealers in Bangalore. One is very clear that the Tucson new-gen will not come for another 1-2 years. He told me about how Hyundai only releases the next gen only every 4 years or so. And since the facelift on the prev gen itself was in late 2020, he was confident nothing will come this year. This was when I test drove both the petrol and diesel in early Jan. He's been pushing me to go with the current model only. Didn't discuss any pricing and he said whatever discount is there will come from dealer side only. Hyundai is not giving anything.

The other SA said they don't have any info from HQ on new gen release for India. He acknowledged the recent news articles, but no new info when i spoke with him 10 days ago. But he's not pushing and left it open saying he'll let me know when he hears anything more. He offered 50k discount from dealer side again mentioning that Hyundai doesn't give any. Here also, since I didn't get to discussing price/offers in detail. Waiting on a couple of other things to fall in place before taking the plunge.
Old 18th February 2022, 14:15   #377
BHPian

The SA who is saying that he is clear that new Tucson wont come for another year+ is either lying to you to push out the existing Tucson or he is completely ignorant. Either way you should stay away from this guy. I can tell you with a some degree of confidence that the plans for rolling out the new Tucson before the festive seasons are still on. Of course no one can/will confirm how things will pan out 3 to 4 months from now. However, I am aware of dealerships collecting token booking amounts for the new Tucson unofficially. The details you have shared on the discount for the current gen Tucson is true since Jan '22.

Last edited by SR-71 : 18th February 2022 at 14:17.
Old 18th February 2022, 14:29   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaykr View Post
I'm keeping in touch with the SAs from two dealers in Bangalore. One is very clear that the Tucson new-gen will not come for another 1-2 years. He told me about how Hyundai only releases the next gen only every 4 years or so.
Look at the dedication of this SA to sell current generation Tucson . I did test drive the top spec current generation Tucson last week and loved the engine but interiors felt dated, something I was open to the SA. I mentioned about next generation Tucson for which he mentioned that no news but he definitely expects the same to be launched around mid this year. Whether it would go around Diwali time is something to be seen.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 16:01   #379
R_R
BHPian

Quite surprising how little information is coming out about the next-gen Hyundai Tucson. I suppose the chip shortage etc might be the reason but I would have thought they would have some incentive to release some titbits just so that potential customers stay interested and wait and don't buy something else, like the VW Tiguan/Skoda Kodiaq or Jeep Compass. And considering it would take at least a couple of months from announcements to actual release, I don't foresee the Tucson being available until at least summer, if not later. Quite frustrating, as I am waiting for it too, and running out of time!
Old 18th February 2022, 16:20   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahil_29 View Post
Anyone here who has bought Tucson in the last 2-3 months or at least gone for an enquiry and got offered cash discounts now that the new generation Tucson is well on it's way to India sometime this year? I know the new gen model is much more feature rich than the current gen but I also expect them to price it higher than the current gen one so would love to check if there are discounts being offered on the current gen?
i am also in the market for current Tucson Petrol and been speaking to few SA in gurgaon. There are no discounts from Hyundai and dealers are giving discounts only on the cars that they have in stock. One dealer quoted me over 1L discount on 2021 GLS (D) but none of them have a petrol in stock. They say if the car has to come from the factory then there are no discounts.
nickoo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 16:53   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolkalmadi78 View Post
Shouldn't they be using 0W-20 for Tucson ?
I am sorry. It was the C2 spec 0W-30 that was used for refill. I made a mistake comparing the part code to the the part description in the bill. Sorry again!

Last edited by umairalvi : 23rd February 2022 at 16:55.
umairalvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 12:40   #382
BHPian

I wanted to check with Tucson owners in Bangalore if someone is waiting on sunroof parts to arrive from Korea for repair? My sunroof had started creaking and service centre had ordered parts for that. As per them another Tucson is having the same issue and parts will arrive only by end of May - 2.5 months after order. Curious, who is the other unfortunate Tucson owner in the same boat. This is Advaith Hyundai on Outer Ring Road
Old 30th March 2022, 09:06   #383
BHPian

Picked up our Tucson Diesel 2WD GLS on the 18th of this month. Got a significant discount on the fact that this car was already with the dealership in their yard. Otherwise this car has no discounts.

Bought this in an instant since I don’t like the new one that’s coming. Don’t like any of Hyundai’s designs lately. Upgraded from a Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDI.

The engine + gearbox combo in this is an absolute delight and a hoot to drive. IMHO the best one in the segment.

2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-6a7c29874bc24107b68a7844e553db86.jpeg

Last edited by drhoneycake : 30th March 2022 at 09:31.
drhoneycake is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 09:22   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Picked up our Tucson Diesel 2WD GLS on the 18th of this month. Got a significant discount on the fact that this car was already with the dealership in their yard. Otherwise this car has no discounts.

Bought this in an instant since I don’t like the new one that’s coming. Don’t like any of Hyundai’s designs lately. Upgraded from a Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDI.

Attachment 2289892
Congratulation !! Wishing you many years of happy driving. The Tucson's Diesel Auto is gem of a machine and if you like the package, this is no brainer, especially with the pricing we are seeing with all other new launches
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 11:29   #385
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Congratulations!

I too feel the same, infact, I have seen the new one going to Nepal / Bhutan and did not like it. My good friend got himself the '18 model (before the facelift & has retained his '13 Verna) & made his colleague buy the '21 model (the current gen) and well all agree that this (the current one sold in India) is the best looking Hyundai and shall remain so for coming years. Remember seeing your posts of your Verna logging some serious kilometers. I am sure this will outdo it in every aspect .

You got the AT I think...as the GB is very good in my opinion as well.

Last edited by Sheel : 31st March 2022 at 08:57.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 19:45   #386
BHPian

Quote:

The engine + gearbox combo in this is an absolute delight and a hoot to drive. IMHO the best one in the segment.

Attachment 2289892
I have sent you a DM, I am looking to pick up the same
Old 2nd April 2022, 06:53   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Congratulation !! Wishing you many years of happy driving. The Tucson's Diesel Auto is gem of a machine and if you like the package, this is no brainer, especially with the pricing we are seeing with all other new launches
Thank you and yes, Absolutely. It’s the perfect size for the city, a scorcher on the highway. IMHO the perfect crossover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Congratulations!

Remember seeing your posts of your Verna logging some serious kilometers. I am sure this will outdo it in every aspect .

You got the AT I think...as the GB is very good in my opinion as well.
Thank You sir. Yes, the Verna was sold with 3.35Lakh kms on it in 7 years. Hopefully this one will outdo it.

Things have changed now with the 2020 facelift. The full model line up is AT-only. The petrols get the older 6AT whereas the Diesels get the new 8AT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
I have sent you a DM, I am looking to pick up the same
Replied sir.
drhoneycake is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 11:09   #388
BHPian

A question..do the parking sensors turn on when you are crawling in bumper to bumper traffic? I have observed that I have to turn them on manually on most occassions. Sometimes, even while parking. Perhaps they only work on their own when I engage the car in reverse. Is there a solution to this because it's quite cumbersome to manually turn them on all the time?
In my other car which is an Octavia, the sensors automatically turn on below a particular speed whenever an obstacle is detected in the car's vicinity. It's quite convenient in bumper to bumper traffic. Haven't found this to be the case with the Tucson. Any solutions / insights will be helpful.

Last edited by umairalvi : 2nd April 2022 at 11:11.
Old 2nd April 2022, 16:44   #389

Booked a GLS Petrol in Phantom Black today. The dealer has promised delivery within the next 3 weeks. Can’t wait!

How I went from almost booking a Creta IVT petrol to going ahead and booking the Tucson is a story for a new thread (and an ownership report!).
Old 2nd April 2022, 17:43   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umairalvi View Post
A question..do the parking sensors turn on when you are crawling in bumper to bumper traffic? I have observed that I have to turn them on manually on most occassions. Sometimes, even while parking. Perhaps they only work on their own when I engage the car in reverse. Is there a solution to this because it's quite cumbersome to manually turn them on all the time?
In my other car which is an Octavia, the sensors automatically turn on below a particular speed whenever an obstacle is detected in the car's vicinity. It's quite convenient in bumper to bumper traffic. Haven't found this to be the case with the Tucson. Any solutions / insights will be helpful.
Wouldn't that be extremely annoying though, with the sensor going off all the time in traffic? Just trying to understand how useful it is when everyone in India drives hugging the car ahead.

Most Viewed