Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2022, 11:03   #361
BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post

Also there is no mention of the Service Warranty package of 5 years.

Have any of the recent buyers got it. Also did you manage any discounts.
Hyundai website itself mentions extended warranty information in case you wish to opt for warranty beyond the standard 3/4/5 years warranty. Link provided below:
https://www.hyundai.com/in/en/connec...ended-warranty

I opted for extended warranty of 5 years 140,000 km which cost me Rs. 32,800.

In case you meant service package (and not warranty), Hyundai does provide Shield of Trust packages for up to 5 years. Link provided below:
https://www.hyundai.com/in/en/connec...hield-of-trust

I did not opt for it as the 5 year package cost of Rs 78,000 seemed too steep, especially given that services up to 30,000 km is complementary.

As for discounts, I managed about Rs. 1 lakh discount. Bought the AWD version last month. Dealer already had the vehicle in stock though.

Last edited by desidino : 20th January 2022 at 11:05.
desidino is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 09:57   #362
BHPian

I am happy to share with you all that I got the 10000 kms service done yesterday. The following activities were carried out during the service:

1) Routine oil change
2) Tyre rotation and alignment
3) Sunroof rattle fixed. As per the SA, it is quite common and happens when some dust gets accumulated on the sunroof rails.

Interestingly, the DEF was not topped up as the DEF gauge is still at the half way mark. We had also asked the SA to get the maps updated but turns out, the update wasn't carried out and the maps are still the same. Not a huge problem but I don't understand what keeps them away from updating software that hardly takes 20 minutes to update.

The total service cost came out to be 2242 to be precise. No major issues so far touchwood. The car has been a joy to own.
umairalvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 13:53   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umairalvi View Post

1) Routine oil change
Can you please share the engine oil spec they'd used in your car during service? Thanks.
ramprakashr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 11:37   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramprakashr View Post
Can you please share the engine oil spec they'd used in your car during service? Thanks.
The 5 W 30 was used for refill.
Old 29th January 2022, 12:10   #365
BHPian

Can anyone please shed some light as to when is the new Tucson 2022 going to be launched in India? I'm currently in the market for the same segment car and am almost decided to book a Jeep Compass S. But can wait till March 2022 to take a call.

Any definitive guide or news will be of great help.
abs182 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 10:55   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
Can anyone please shed some light as to when is .....
I am in the same boat and waiting for new Tucson. I contacted the dealer; there is no communication from Company and he expects that it will only be available after June.
Old 30th January 2022, 12:12   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
Can anyone please shed some light as to when is the new Tucson 2022 going to be launched in India?

Any definitive guide or news will be of great help.
There is no concrete news about the launch of the new Tucson but from what I have read from various sources, it should be the first of the launches that Hyundai has in pipeline for this year i.e. before the Venue and Creta facelifts and perhaps the new Elantra. The Venue facelift is slated for a mid year release so the Tucson should be launched by March/April going by this timeline.
However, there is no official word or even a hint of leak from Hyundai. The cars that have been spotted shipping were all headed to Nepal.
Old 30th January 2022, 15:29   #368
BHPian

Quote:
However, there is no official word or even a hint of leak from Hyundai. The cars that have been spotted shipping were all headed to Nepal.
The only ones which were camouflaged is what I believe are for Indian market and are undergoing testing. I checked with one of the SA here and same thing pretty much that no information but he believes it'll launch by mid of this year.

Since Hyundai has not stopped taking bookings for the current generation Tucson, they indeed have to be tight lipped. This is different from the Tiguan/Kodiaq launches where early indications were given(since there was a gap) so they can hold potential buyers from going somewhere else.
Old 1st February 2022, 16:41   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Interestingly, the DEF was not topped up as the DEF gauge is still at the half way mark.

The total service cost came out to be 2242 to be precise. No major issues so far touchwood. The car has been a joy to own.
Hyundai service centers don't provide DEF. I checked during my first service and was told that they are planning to add it in future.

Glad to hear that there aren't any issues with the car. I have only covered 2k kilometers far. I am loving the engine-gearbox combo.
Old 2nd February 2022, 21:38   #370
BHPian

I have requested for a test drive of the Tucson Diesel 2-3 weeks ago. Sales folks from the dealership were calling me every other day in the last 2-3 weeks asking me if I have enquired for the i10 or Venue but they were not interested/informed on the Tucson.

Finally I was able to drive it on Saturday. It was a short drive, me and my wife drove it for 1-2 kms each. The drive was very refined and acceleration was very smooth. My wife and son were not interested on the Tucson and have set their heart on XUV 700. I had to make quite an effort for them to accompany me for the test drive, they ended up adding this vehicle to the probable list now

My wife was apprehensive of diesel autos as she feels they are lethargic in acceleration in comparison with her Polo GT TSI but she felt the Tucson to be easy revving and effortless. The panoramic sunroof, powered tailgate, dual zone climate control, wireless charger etc. left a fancy impression with my son and wife. They were even asking the sales rep to convince them to buy Tucson over XUV 700 and also to list out the difference in both the vehicles.

The sales rep was mentioning that they have received an update that the new Tucson is expected to be launched in March 2022 but there is no news on the pricing. If that is true, it is worth waiting for especially for the new features expected - ventilated seats, drive by wire (no gear lever), digital dials + MID, ADAS etc.

I hope they don't increase the price too much as the XUV 700 retails for ~5 lakhs lesser than the existing model with ADAS and 7 seats.

If the recent rumors about Hyundai - Kia discontinuing the diesel models, they may lose me a customer in me.
vinaydatla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 22:06   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydatla View Post
I hope they don't increase the price too much as the XUV 700 retails for ~5 lakhs lesser than the existing model with ADAS and 7 seats.
I'd expect the next generation Tucson to get an increase in price to bring it on par with its peers : C5, Tiguan, Kodiaq (if 7 seater).
If you can wait, it would be worth waiting a few days to get some more concrete information on the next gen provided Hyundai has adequate stock of the existing model.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 20:55   #372
BHPian

Hi friends,

My XUV 5OO (MT AWD) will be completing 6 years in a couple of months,
The other car in the garage is an AT CVT Jazz.
With offices opening up will need a capable AT replacement to the XUV.

Citroën a brand is almost non existent.

XUV 7OO wait is long.

The Jeep Compass seems a good upgrade ( Model S 4X4 AT ) and only the real competition. ( Size is really small though)

Tuscon latest gen is taking long, really long!

Anyone have any inside news on the launch dates/ confirmation and variants that will be available.

Thanks!

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, MS, T-Fort, ANHV, Endy, JC) when referring to cars or their makers. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Thanks for the support & understanding

Last edited by Sheel : 18th February 2022 at 11:16. Reason: Mod note attached.
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 06:23   #373

Quote:
The 5 W 30 was used for refill.
Shouldn't they be using 0W-20 for Tucson ?
Old 18th February 2022, 12:33   #374
BHPian

Anyone here who has bought Tucson in the last 2-3 months or at least gone for an enquiry and got offered cash discounts now that the new generation Tucson is well on it's way to India sometime this year? I know the new gen model is much more feature rich than the current gen but I also expect them to price it higher than the current gen one so would love to check if there are discounts being offered on the current gen?

Last edited by rahil_29 : 18th February 2022 at 12:47. Reason: grammar edits
Old 18th February 2022, 13:51   #375
Senior - BHPian

Many dealer don't have Tucson in stock & shun discount talk on production capacity & semiconductor shortage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks