Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2024, 12:55   #1021

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

After a long shortlisting process of almost 4 months finally booked the Alcazar Signature Adventure Edition DCT 7 seater variant in white dual tone last week through Ackodrive. I had checked with various dealers but nobody was able to match the price offered by Acko. The vehicle is expected to arrive at the dealership tomorrow and I'm planning to undertake PDI through Zekardo on Sunday with delivery on Monday or Tuesday. I have opted for BH registration and though my Aadhaar card has Gurugram address and registration will be done through Delhi, the dealership has assured me that they will get it done.

I'm not planning to opt for the accessories package. Any idea if there are any basic accessories that are included or the car comes without anything? Also is it worth opting for 7 yrs warranty or the 5 yrs one would suffice? the price difference between both of them as quoted on Hyundai website is around 25K.

Any other inputs regarding things to keep in mind while taking delivery will be extremely helpful.
deepdive1985 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 08:42   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepdive1985 View Post
After a long shortlisting process of almost 4 months finally booked the Alcazar Signature Adventure Edition DCT 7 seater variant in white dual tone last week through Ackodrive.

I'm not planning to opt for the accessories package. Any idea if there are any basic accessories that are included or the car comes without anything? Also is it worth opting for 7 yrs warranty or the 5 yrs one would suffice? the price difference between both of them as quoted on Hyundai website is around 25K.

Any other inputs regarding things to keep in mind while taking delivery will be extremely helpful.
Hey, Congrats on your purchase . Welcome to the club .

The car comes naked. The first and foremost thing to buy is the 7D mats ,the trunk 3D mat and the boot lip with Alcazar name etched on it(avoids scratches while loading luggage).

On Warranty : 7 years is the one to go. 25 k will be peanuts compared to the part prices if they come up for replacement.
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 18:31   #1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Hey, Congrats on your purchase . Welcome to the club.
Thanks.
Quote:
The car comes naked. The first and foremost thing to buy is the 7D mats ,the trunk 3D mat and the boot lip with Alcazar name etched on it(avoids scratches while loading luggage).
Actually the dealer told me that 3D mats are included from the company. He said most dealers don't inform the customers about this. I'll have a word with him at the time of delivery and maybe exchange them for the 7D ones. Boot lip and trunk mat from the genuine accessories or aftermarket?

Quote:
On Warranty : 7 years is the one to go. 25 k will be peanuts compared to the part prices if they come up for replacement.
I think this makes sense. Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 10:29   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepdive1985 View Post
Thanks.

Boot lip and trunk mat from the genuine accessories or aftermarket?

From the official accessories list.

I felt they were of better quality and fitted very well compared to the aftermarket ones.
Old 12th March 2024, 11:13   #1025
pms
BHPian

I would like to de-chrome the front grill of my Alcazar DCT model similar to the Adventure edition. Any vehicle accessory shops or leads in Bangalore who can do a good job of it?
Old 14th March 2024, 10:26   #1026

Alcazar Adventure Edition - 4000km review

Car is a 7 str, Turbo DCT Petrol AT.
Done with 2 road trips to Himalayas, daily office commute over 2.5 months and 1 servicing.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-screenshot-20240312-11.35.438239pm.jpg

Research, considerations and buying decision

Having previously owned a Diesel Ecosport I wanted a similar punchy car (petrol this time) but loaded with modern creature comforts that I missed in the older car.

I love spirited driving whenever the roads give me the leeway so the engine performance was non-negotiable. Budget was around 20L.

Test drove the following:
  • Thar (great looks but handling was too rigid for my taste)
  • Seltos (nothing particularly bad but it is way too common in Delhi NCR)
  • Alcazar (adventure edition looked great. turbo was lovely but we wondered if we really needed a 7-seater)
  • Scorpio N (lovely engine and handling but interiors are outdated. mileage a concern too. actually booked one but cancelled)
  • XUV 700 (everything was great but AX7 was out of budget and AX5 is terribly short on features. mileage a concern again.)
  • Kushaq (nice peppy engine but small in stature for the price point)
  • Taigun (same observations as Kushaq. Also DSG issues sounded scary)
  • Astor (boring engine but nice interiors)

After roughly 2 months of test driving and endlessly reading all BHP threads and watching all YT videos we finally decided on Alcazar. It felt like a perfect balance of performance and features. Almost no other car (spare Seltos) offered these many goodies in our budget. It helped that the adventure edition is absolutely gorgeous!

Purchased from Dee Emm Hyundai Gurgaon. Costed us 23L on-road. Sales experience was okayish. Nothing to write home about.

Driving experience

The good parts:

Turbo

Turbo is a joy to drive. Kicks in nicely around the 2K mark.
Not too soon to feel jerky and not too late to be of use only on highways.

NVH

One of the things I'm particularly enjoying with petrol engine is the super low NVH levels which means driving hard whenever I want to without thinking twice.
This wasn't something I could do with my older diesel.

Even at speeds of 120kmph+ there's barely any noise or vibration so highway rides have been super comfy.

Handling and transmission

Auto transmission has been a great plus, particularly in the mountains.
Did two trips: one to Rajgarh in Himachal foothills and one to Gangotri in Uttarakhand, upper himalayas. Loved every bit of both drives.
This reminds that the turning radius is very impressive for a car of this length. Very useful in both mountain roads and narrow city lanes.

Mileage

Mileage has been decent too. Right now averaging around 11.8kmpl as per Fuelio.
Highway drives pull this up to 14 and city drives pull this down to 10.

Features

The interiors have been top notch. Physical controls, touchscreen, sage colored seats, window curtains, speakers, even the gear handle... these are all the things I enjoy every time I get into the car.

The not-so-good parts:
Suspension / wheels and seats

The ride quality is something I would have expected better at this price range. I know the threads indicate that the suspension is soft but in my experience I've seen Tatas that do much much better.

I've started to suspect this isn't as much about the suspension as it is about the 18-inch wheels. There's probably lesser shock absorption overall.
Would love to understand this better from fellow BHPians.

Same with seats. They don't feel as plush and don't hug you at the ends which means you have more work to do when when you're driving in the ghats.

Steering

Steering is responsive but Ecosport's felt like a feather which I liked. Not complaining. This is just a remark.

Digital aspects

Finally the in-built maps are pathetic. Forget being useless, they're actually incorrect at many times and I have to fall back to my wired Android auto.

While the voice control recognizes everything I say but that car actually supports very little functions! So I'm not sure what good this feature is for.

----
Sharing some photos from the trips
Hyundai Alcazar Review-img_9558.jpg
Hyundai Alcazar Review-img_9702-2.jpg
Hyundai Alcazar Review-img_9238.jpg
harsha_bornfree is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 12:02   #1027
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha_bornfree View Post
[*] Thar (great looks but handling was too rigid for my taste)
Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha_bornfree View Post
Handling and transmission

Auto transmission has been a great plus, particularly in the mountains.
Did two trips: one to Rajgarh in Himachal foothills and one to Gangotri in Uttarakhand, upper himalayas. Loved every bit of both drives.
This reminds that the turning radius is very impressive for a car of this length. Very useful in both mountain roads and narrow city lanes.
Can you kindly elaborate what exactly you mean by 'handling' ?
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 14:23   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
I would like to de-chrome the front grill of my Alcazar DCT model similar to the Adventure edition. Any vehicle accessory shops or leads in Bangalore who can do a good job of it?
I am looking to get the same done(except the Hyundai logo) in Pune.

And also dechrome the alloys(except the Hyundai Logo on the wheel hub) as well as rear name plate.

But just worried about the quality of work. May go with Brotomotiv for this.
Have to approach them about this work.
Old 14th March 2024, 21:59   #1029

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Can you kindly elaborate what exactly you mean by 'handling' ?
I'm referring to the effort and ease in maneuvering the car around turns.
Old 18th March 2024, 00:15   #1030
BHPian

Alcazar Diesel Manual 1 lac Km up in 21 months short report

And so it completes the figure in 21 months, overall it took less time than our Creta all thanks to excellent Road Network getting built in UP and it being the de facto choice for any trip and place within 500 km.

Pros :
1. Loaded to the bits. Pity the top end does not comes in Auto so missed out on 2 or 3 features but still the vehicle is loaded with stuff to make you feel satisfied.
2. Excellent NVH properties for a Diesel, Roll down the window and then you realize how good the car is insulated from outside noise.
3. Excellent mile cruncher, 500 km with just a small stop is breeze and is not tiring. The car can go all day long at 90 - 100, that being the max speed the whole family generally drives at.
4. Superb mileage. We have averaged 19+ kmpl with the figure going up to 21+ sometimes. None of the tank fills are without a highway run so can't really comment on city mileage. (more than 80% fuel ups have been from the same IOCL pump)
5. Decent Handling, for the extra space it offers, it still does not feel like a boat and actually rides well for its size. Special mention to the turning radius, it is surprisingly good for its size
6. Physical controls. I have a liking towards old school physical buttons and Alcazar has the right blend of touch and physical which makes it possible to keep your eyes on the road as compared to full touch where sometimes you invariably lose attention. The Knurled volume knob is actually better in finish than a lot of cars priced double than this.
7. Auto hold parking brake, never realized how useful such a small feature can be once you start using it.

Cons :
1. Headlights : Not at all suited for a vehicle of this class and size. The throw and intensity is not good and leaves a lot to be desired.
2. Tyres : The original set from Apollo did not last 20k km even, on Bridgestone since then but the 18" large size is too pricey on the pocket
3. Middle bench comfort : Hyundai has reduced the seat pitch to accommodate 3rd row and this is quite noticeable in the long runs when there is space between the back of your knee and the seat.
4. No extended warranty beyond 3 years for high usage people like us. At present rate, I expect to cross 1.6 to 1.7 lacs km in 3 years. Hyundai does not offer a warranty beyond 1.5 lacs which is a bummer. Not exactly sure how this is going to fare after that and which so much electronics on board, every paid stuff will be expensive.

Short take : For an odd 2 million, it is a near perfect, loaded, no-nonsense car if you look at it as Creta + some extra features + extra boot space / 2 jump seats for short runs. It still manages to bring a smile on an open good stretch of road, add some rain falling on the sunroof, good music on the radio and you are nearing Nirvana
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-whatsapp-image-20240318-12.00.19-am.jpeg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-whatsapp-image-20240318-12.03.13-am.jpeg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-whatsapp-image-20240318-12.02.44-am.jpeg  

sids1811 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 08:05   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids1811 View Post
Alcazar Diesel Manual 1 lac Km up in 21 months short report

Short take : For an odd 2 million, it is a near perfect, loaded, no-nonsense car if you look at it as Creta + some extra features + extra boot space / 2 jump seats for short runs. It still manages to bring a smile on an open good stretch of road, add some rain falling on the sunroof, good music on the radio and you are nearing Nirvana
Thank you for sharing your experience and congratulations on achieving the milestone!

How is the car holding up after 1 lakh kilometres? Any reliability concerns, rattles/squeaks or niggling issues that you’ve faced?
Old 18th March 2024, 08:59   #1032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids1811 View Post
Tyres : The original set from Apollo did not last 20k km even, on Bridgestone since then but the 18" large size is too pricey on the pocket
How are the Bridgestone 18 inches? How much are they?

Even in the Prestige 17 inches, only JKs and Apollo Alnacs are 5200 and 7500 respectively. Rest start from Apollo Apterras at 9700 apiece.

Quote:
No extended warranty beyond 3 years for high usage people like us. At present rate, I expect to cross 1.6 to 1.7 lacs km in 3 years. Hyundai does not offer a warranty beyond 1.5 lacs which is a bummer.
I guess this is common across the board. Not much choice here.
Old 2nd April 2024, 12:41   #1033

Hi Friends,

1. What's the tyre pressure to maintain? Do you often change based on the capacity? Lower psi when on lone ride and higher psi when with family and luggage?
2. What's the mileage on Diesel? I tend to refill just near the alarm (before it becomes ---) and see approx 600kms driven since the last refill. So, it is generally around 13kmpl (600/45) for me. My ride is generally 100km on peak traffic and rest on free traffic or highway.
Old 2nd April 2024, 13:31   #1034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar12 View Post
1. What's the tyre pressure to maintain? Do you often change based on the capacity? Lower psi when on lone ride and higher psi when with family and luggage?
Used to maintain 33 in all when solo and 35 with load. Nowadays I maintain 35 anytime. Mine is a Prestige with 215/60/R17.

Quote:
2. What's the mileage on Diesel?
I get 18-19 consistently on a diesel manual in off peak traffic (7am-3/4 pm). Worst case is 17.x

Not much different for highway either. Only during winters, I've seen 20-22, but that is without/minimal AC usage.

All numbers are tank-to-tank (auto-cutoff). Refilled with 150-300 km on DTE.
narayans80 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2024, 12:58   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
1. What's the tyre pressure to maintain?
Early morning/cold tyres, I maintain 33 psi. When driving this typically becomes 35 PSI.

Quote:
2. What's the mileage on Diesel?
On my 2022 1.5 Litre Diesel Signature variant: I average 13 kmpl tankful-to-tankful based on Fuelio app, after 10,500 kms of driving. 60% in Bangalore/Whitefield traffic, 40% highways. Always AC On. Around 9-10 kmpl in typical moving Bangalore traffic with average speed of 10-15 kmph. When really stuck in a jam, it is 3-5 kmpl with AC on. On highways, I average 20 kmpl at 100 kmph. If I maintain a boring 80 kmph speed, I see 25 kmpl on the screen.
rvlkiran is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks