Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2023, 14:54   #871
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthGrrGrr View Post
Few queries:

1.the technician was unable to install mudguards in front due to interference from side steps and even explained that it is common to see Alcazar without front mudguards, which we never noticed nor did we know about such handicap. Is this true, is there any issue pertaining to installation of front mud guards on any Alcazar variant?

I had the same issue with my Alcazar, but the technician said that if i permit then will add a cut to the front mudguards and that will help them fit it. It works well for me though.
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 15:45   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_k_u View Post
Hello,

Note: I have attached the pics in the sequence of the events mentioned above. I am yet to learn how to insert text in between the attached pics here.
A side question : is that the official Hyundai 3D mats on your Alcazar?

how good are they?
callmeneo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 17:20   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
A side question : is that the official Hyundai 3D mats on your Alcazar?

how good are they?
These are the original 3D mats from Hyundai official site. https://hyundaimobisin.com/products/...zar/809/3d-mat

Hyundai Alcazar Review-3d-mats.jpg
Old 21st August 2023, 17:42   #874

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikashmalya View Post
This is true. I was also told the same when i had taken the delivery 10 months back. The front mud guard's design (for reason only known to the designer) seems to interfere with the side step. However the back mudguards seem to fit just fine. I still have the front guards in the boot.

For the floor mats, i used to have the 7D mats in my previous car. Those did look good initially, but removing / cleaning them seemed a bit cumbersome. For my Alcazar, i got the 3D mats from Hyundai official accessories list. They are not expensive as the 7D, but are quite good. They fit well, look good, and cleaning is absolutely easy.
Thanks, we'll get in touch with Service Centre to get mudguards installed asap, car gets incredibly dirty in rain without them and black exterior makes it look worse.

We tried getting 3D mats and dealer was in process of ordering it. However they're claiming that 3D mats are not available anywhere and we don't want 7D mats due to "cross woven mat" that is difficult to clean if pebbles and mud gets into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
I had the same issue with my Alcazar, but the technician said that if i permit then will add a cut to the front mudguards and that will help them fit it. It works well for me though.

Could you share pics of front guards? That way we'll know of what to expect in finished product. Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 21:23   #875
BHPian

No, they are the 7D Mats from the Hyundai Accessory list.
They have been doing the job perfectly for last 2 years.
Old 21st August 2023, 21:39   #876
BHPian

Quote:
These are the original 3D mats from Hyundai official site. https://hyundaimobisin.com/products/...zar/809/3d-mat

Attachment 2493443
I kind of know that they are not the mats shown in your pic as I have this one and it doesn't cover the dead pedal while the one in his car covered the dead pedal as well.

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd August 2023 at 05:39. Reason: Punctuation, capital letters, etc.
callmeneo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd August 2023, 11:56   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthGrrGrr View Post
Thanks, we'll get in touch with Service Centre to get mudguards installed asap, car gets incredibly dirty in rain without them and black exterior makes it look worse.
Unfortunately, the mudguards wont help much. Just take it as a Alcazar feature. Your back will be dirty.
Naetik30 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 17:13   #878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Unfortunately, the mudguards wont help much. Just take it as a Alcazar feature. Your back will be dirty.
We'll take whatever protection it offers. Having natural canvas on doors was not what we were expecting to witness, it was inconceivable.
Old 26th August 2023, 18:44   #879
BHPian

Quote:
This is true. I was also told the same when i had taken the delivery 10 months back. The front mud guard's design (for reason only known to the designer) seems to interfere with the side step.
I haven't had any such issues while purchasing my Alcazar. For a perfect installation of mud guard, wheels need to be removed. Unfortunately, these things don't come with allen key compatible screws.

Even for my old i10, wheels had to be removed before mud guard installation.

Also, I am looking for a 360 degree dashcam which should also be compact. I don't need a screen on that. Any recommendations?

I have enquired about the dashcam which comes along with Alcazar/Creta Adventure editions. My dealer's accessory guy conveyed that it cannot be fitted as official accessory.

Last edited by pradeep_mvpa : 26th August 2023 at 18:50.
Old 2nd September 2023, 18:51   #880

Hi

My Alcazar 1.5L Diesel Auto has done ~9500 Kms.

On shifting the gears b/w D,R and N I feel a bit of a jerk - it feels like if I can use the term a mild shockwave. This is more intense when shifting from P to R/D. I did not find this pattern in the Petrol 2.0L Auto. Is anyone else facing the same issue in 1.5D Auto?

The ASS is saying that this is normal for a diesel Auto.
Old 3rd September 2023, 09:27   #881
mtk
BHPian

Today marks 1 year of owning the Alcazar. ODO is at 12k KMS.

It was an absolute joy (almost) to own the Alcazar. All the long drives were smooth and fatigue-less. There are more than enough features to keep the driver and the passengers engaged.

+ Comfortable ride in general. Absorbs most of the potholes with ease
+ Cabin insulation is excellent
+ Drive modes are very useful. ‘Sport’ more is not a gimmick. It works well.
+ Decent sound quality from the Bose speakers (though expected more)
+ Very good mileage (city 12+kms | highway 15-20kms). There are times it has shown 22kms in the MID
+ Just like all panoramic sunroofs, It is a conversation starter
+ Air purifier works very well. Never knew it was a feature I needed
+ Good built quality (except …read the negatives)
+ We are a family of 4. And our 6str variant is super comfortable and spacious for the 4 of us.

- Quality of the centre console is pathetic. The plastics squeak all the time. When the leg touches, while going through the potholes or while simply resting your hand on the console. It has become an embarrassment at this point.
- The car needs an auto closing boot in it’s next facelift. The boot closes with a ‘thunderous thud’ rather than a ‘thud’. Every time someone closes the boot I look back to check if the glass is alright. The sound is that terrifying.
- Headlights are pathetic. Night driving, when there is cross traffic, is not at all comfortable. Saw a video where an Alcazar owner has installed a thin light bar in the bumper. Exploring that option.
- The DPF warning is irritating. In the last year, this issue has come up 6 times.
- There is a jerk between 15-25kmph. I haven’t been able to replicate it but it comes between these speeds. While accelerating (between 15-25kmph) the jerk is uncomfortable.
- Recently after my second free service I drove down to Bangalore and I felt the car and the steering vibrate when going above 110kmph. I’ve done multiple ping drives but this is the first time. I plan to get this checked soon.
mtk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 18:20   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post

- There is a jerk between 15-25kmph. I haven’t been able to replicate it but it comes between these speeds. While accelerating (between 15-25kmph) the jerk is uncomfortable.
Have you seen this happening between this speed range, or is it related to a RPM range? Check if your facing this between 1500 to 2000 RPM when you are trying to accelerate. I have notice this happening in the new Verna too when I did a recent test drive on turbo petrol. And I was quickly able to isolate the issue to around this RPM range when the car is trying to accelerate at low speeds. The low range to mid range transition was noticeably jerky.
Old 3rd September 2023, 18:23   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaItachi View Post
Hi

My Alcazar 1.5L Diesel Auto has done ~9500 Kms.

On shifting the gears b/w D,R and N I feel a bit of a jerk - it feels like if I can use the term a mild shockwave. This is more intense when shifting from P to R/D. I did not find this pattern in the Petrol 2.0L Auto. Is anyone else facing the same issue in 1.5D Auto?

The ASS is saying that this is normal for a diesel Auto.
I have been driving Hyundai Elantra diesel auto for the last 09 years and never felt any shock wave passing through my arm. The gear shifts or the mode shifts are still superbly seamless. ASS is truly being an a$$.
Old 3rd September 2023, 19:31   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post
- Recently after my second free service I drove down to Bangalore and I felt the car and the steering vibrate when going above 110kmph. I’ve done multiple ping drives but this is the first time. I plan to get this checked soon.
I had severe vibrations on my steering over 80kmph when i initially got my car 1 year 11 months back. I got it rectified during my 1st service. All they did was rotate the wheels and the issue was gone. I did not realise the impact of the solution then, but after my second service last month, i took the car for wheel alignment and balancing as i had crossed 10k kms to MRF Tyredrome. When the wheels were again rotated and tested, the issue seems to have recurred as per them. They said there is some issue with the tyres and they are extremely bouncy and are vibrating unusually at all speeds. I was also told that this could have been a manufacturing defect and should have been replaced when i first reported this. The issue might have subsided when the tyres were rotated during the 1st service when i had complained at the service center. However, Luckily for me, atleast for the time being, i have not felt vibrations at higher speeds (between 80 and 120). They did ask me to report this to the Hyundai authorized service center and check if they can be replaced under warranty. I am yet to check with the service center as i am unable to replicate the issue yet. Though your issue might be very different, it is better to get this checked at the service center.
Vikashmalya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 20:51   #885
mtk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
Have you seen this happening between this speed range, or is it related to a RPM range? Check if your facing this between 1500 to 2000 RPM when you are trying to accelerate. I have notice this happening in the new Verna too when I did a recent test drive on turbo petrol. And I was quickly able to isolate the issue to around this RPM range when the car is trying to accelerate at low speeds. The low range to mid range transition was noticeably jerky.
Most of the time it’s during acceleration and deceleration. What I have also noticed is that when the car is idle the car accelerates own its own. It’s very minor but can be felt.

I’m no expert in diagnosing this. I think it’s better I get it checked with the service centre soon.

Last edited by mtk : 3rd September 2023 at 21:00. Reason: Spelling

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks