Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2023, 15:50   #856
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Now Creta ( Petrol ) and Alcazar are going to be available in camo-green.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-fb_img_1691401683254.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-fb_img_1691401686298.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-fb_img_1691401689083.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-fb_img_1691401693262.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-fb_img_1691404039611.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-fb_img_1691404035171.jpg  

Last edited by Hickstead : 7th August 2023 at 16:01.
Hickstead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 10:53   #857
BHPian

Time to try if i can get the Dashcam from the adventure version installed on my dark knight.

Looks like a neat solution. Will be interesting to check on where have the connected it to the power source.
callmeneo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 21:00   #858

I know I'm very late on this thread, but I just recently joined and got approved to the team-bhp so this is my first comment as well.

My brother and I are planning to get the Alcazar Adventure Edition Turbo Petrol DCT, and I've been on a mission to find everything I can about the car. Watched all the videos etc, and did a test drive yesterday as well. The car drives beautifully, so comfortable. But the mileage is concerning. On the test drive, although a short ride, I got just 7.6kmpl in peak Bangalore traffic.

Is there anyone here who owns a Turbo petrol DCT Alcazar, who can possibly give me an idea about how mileage has been for you? My major use for the car will be commute to and from office, 40kms a day. And the under 10kmpl figures I've been reading and hearing about is concerning. Does anyone have any real life figures for it?

All help appreciated immensely!
Old 14th August 2023, 09:14   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoodp View Post
I know I'm very late on this thread, but I just recently joined and got approved to the team-bhp so this is my first comment as well.

But the mileage is concerning. On the test drive, although a short ride, I got just 7.6kmpl in peak Bangalore traffic.

Is there anyone here who owns a Turbo petrol DCT Alcazar, who can possibly give me an idea about how mileage has been for you?

Hey. Welcome to the forum. I own a diesel Auto version and i get 9-10.5 in peak traffic on the outer ring road between Hebbal and Whitefield. The Turbo petrol will be even worse in this condition.

Also the reading on the MID and actual figures vary by 1-2.5 kmpl. Hence if you have seen 7.6 kmpl on the MID then it would be close to 5-5.5 kmpl in actual.
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 15:17   #860
pms
BHPian

Quote:

Is there anyone here who owns a Turbo petrol DCT Alcazar, who can possibly give me an idea about how mileage has been for you? My major use for the car will be commute to and from office, 40kms a day. And the under 10kmpl figures I've been reading and hearing about is concerning. Does anyone have any real life figures for it?

I own a Turbo Petrol DCT and its been over a month now. I drive from HAL area to my office in Whitefield daily which is close to 12Kms. Depending on the traffic, I get a mileage between 8 - 9 KMPL, this is as per the MID and in peak hour traffic in old airport road. I decided to take the plunge fully aware of the low mileage, but that apart am very happy with the refinement, ease of drive and the overall package. I used to drive a Honda City before that gave me 10-11KMPL in the same city traffic.

Mileage climbs to 10-11KMPL when the traffic is light, but in peak hours be sure it will be in single digits only.

Am yet to take the car on a long drive to see what would be highway figures.

Last edited by pms : 14th August 2023 at 15:19.
pms is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 15:20   #861

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
I own a Turbo Petrol DCT and its been over a month now. I drive from HAL area to my office in Whitefield daily which is close to 12Kms. Depending on the traffic, I get a mileage between 8 - 9 KMPL, this is as per the MID and in peak hour traffic in old airport road. I decided to take the plunge fully aware of the low mileage, but that apart am very happy with the refinement, ease of drive and the overall package. I used to have an Honda City before and that gave me 10-11KMPL in the same city traffic.

Mileage climbs to 10-11KMPL when the traffic is light, but in peak hour traffic be sure that it will be in single digits only.

Am yet to take the car on a long drive to see what would be highway figures.
Thanks for the response! That's also my commute, but from Koramangala to Whitefield through HAL. 8-9 seems fine as my present car only gets about 10-12. I loved the overall comfort of the drive in the test drive, just the mileage being concerning. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Is there anything else I should keep in mind in terms of general ownership of the car, any issues that you've seen?

Thanks!
Old 14th August 2023, 18:59   #862
pms
BHPian

Quote:

Is there anything else I should keep in mind in terms of general ownership of the car, any issues that you've seen?

Thanks!
No major issues (touchwood) and am happy with my purchase!
Some minor points from my limited experience

- I felt the Sports Mode to be irritant in city traffic. I used it couple of times and the engine kept revving at a higher RPM even when you slow down from a higher speed. This creates an unpleasant experience for me, maybe thats the way it is. I use Comfort mode which is more than enough.

- There is a lag below 2K RPM, which one will experience when driving in peak traffic. But its just a matter of getting used to and not too much of an irritant. Once you get a small stretch of open road the vehicle picks up speed and you get the real feel.

- Fuel efficiency, since its a Turbo Petrol and very sensitive to the driving style.

- As discussed in all reviews and forums, the headlights are just adequate & nothing great.

For me the positives far outweigh the points have mentioned above. Post a long drive I will be in a position to nail down a bit more detailed review.

First one week post the delivery fuel efficiency displayed was 7.6KMPL

Fuel Efficiency after my last fuel refill, 10KMPL
Hyundai Alcazar Review-20230814_161938.jpg

Fuel Efficiency so far, 8.8KMPL
Hyundai Alcazar Review-20230814_161948.jpg

Last edited by pms : 14th August 2023 at 19:12.
pms is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 09:30   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post

- Fuel efficiency, since its a Turbo Petrol and very sensitive to the driving style.

First one week post the delivery fuel efficiency displayed was 7.6KMPL

Fuel Efficiency after my last fuel refill, 10KMPL
Attachment 2490598

Fuel Efficiency so far, 8.8KMPL
Attachment 2490599
Did you calculate using the tankful to tankful method? I Suggest you do as i see that the displayed mileage is 8.8 kmpl and so I guess the real time would be close to 6.5 or 7.

A diesel would have made more sense here as even though the mileage would be same, the cost per km would be less considering that diesel is cheaper than petrol.
Old 16th August 2023, 11:23   #864
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Did you calculate using the tankful to tankful method? I Suggest you do as i see that the displayed mileage is 8.8 kmpl and so I guess the real time would be close to 6.5 or 7.

A diesel would have made more sense here as even though the mileage would be same, the cost per km would be less considering that diesel is cheaper than petrol.
Didnt perform the calculation via tankful to tankful. It might be lesser.

I was clear on going ahead with the Petrol as I felt its drive to be more appealing than that Diesel one (just my personal experience). Plus I got down to Alcazar from booking Tucson earlier :-)
Old 16th August 2023, 19:32   #865
BHPian

Quote:

My brother and I are planning to get the Alcazar Adventure Edition Turbo Petrol DCT, and I've been on a mission to find everything I can about the car.

Is there anyone here who owns a Turbo petrol DCT Alcazar, who can possibly give me an idea about how mileage has been for you?
First of all, big Welcome to the TBHP family!

Now coming to mileage(fuel efficiency), if you are looking for a Petrol (turbo too) SUV (mostly Cross Overs with increased Ground Clearance) which gives double digit kms (to a litre) in Bangalore City Traffic daily commute, it's a very tough ask.

In a NA 1.5 Petrol with odd hour traffic commute (5 am / 3 pm) I manage 11-12. But, I am a sedate driver.

Also, asking others is not a guarantee to get the best answer too - like I said my driving style will result in different numbers, than another enthusiastic driver.

Best is to drive someone's well maintained car (if you know of someone) to get a feel for the numbers, or take the expected range of 7 - 9 kmpl, with a pinch of salt.

If that's unacceptable, and you have low run mileage (kms / year), mandating Petrol engine, probably look at lighter cars which are more fuel efficient.
HarshVShrotriya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 08:37   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the response! That's also my commute, but from Koramangala to Whitefield through HAL. 8-9 seems fine as my present car only gets about 10-12. I loved the overall comfort of the drive in the test drive, just the mileage being concerning. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Thanks!
I have an Alcazar D AT Signature since May 2022. I have completed 30000kms and my daily commute is from Bannerghatta road to Whitefield. I manage about 10kmpl in the city and highway mileage is pretty good.

With a 50-50 city vs highway drive for 30000kms, I have a overall mileage figure of 12.5kmpl (tankfull-tankfull method). The MID shows about 2kmpl higher than this number.

The only issue I would mention is the headlight. It is not adequate for night driving especially in the rains on the highway. But really there is no perfect car. But this one is pretty close this side of 50Lakhs.
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2023, 11:22   #867

Thanks everyone for the information! While still a bit concerned about the mileage, the rest of the car seems worth it. We're booking the Adventure edition Turbo Petrol DCT on the weekend. They're saying it could potentially be delivered by the end of the month, but I'm skeptical.

Will update again once I have the car and maybe driven a bit as well.

Thanks for all the info!
thegoodp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 01:59   #868
BHPian

Hello,

Thought of providing 3rd Service update on my Alcazar since it had a few aspects that might be useful for fellow owners. Kindly bear with me for the rather long post where I have tried to put the facts/ information as clearly as possible. Also, apologies for the low quality pics clicked hurriedly.

My Alcazar (Hyundai Alcazar 1.5D AT Prestige(O) 2021 Model) had completed 16k+ KMs and I already started getting Service reminders from Hyundai through SMS. (I had done 2nd Service after 1year at 8k KMs last year). I also had a long drive coming up in a week's time, hence decided to get the 3rd service completed before the long drive.

Called up Pavan Hyundai, Kanakapura Service Centre and took appointment the pervious day. Service experience was nice and got below the bill which mentioned 'DPF Logic update..' as well as 'AVNT Software Update'. Service advisor also mentioned "Software Update done sir" when I collected the vehicle after servicing. Needless to say I skipped the wheel alignment, balancing at the ASC this time as I had just got it done from Madhu's a couple of weeks before.

I drove the vehicle to office the next day of Servicing and felt that engine response got a bit better after the service - was also thinking if it is my perception or is it real. After about 10KM of drive (on NICE road) at the speed of ~80KM/hr, I started getting the DPF symbol along with attention indication on the instrument cluster. (I never got the DPF indication during the entire 2 years of ownership - partially due to my driving has been 80% on highways.) Parked the vehicle on the side and clicked a pic thinking to show it to the ASC just in case I have to. I continued my drive to office (total ~16KM) and parked at the office parking.

While returning home the 'Diesel filter regeneration required. See owner's manual' message started appearing. I tried holding the 'OK' button the steering wheel (as suggested on the instrument cluster) and got momentary message 'Regenerating conditions not met; start manual regeneration..' sort of message (could not click a pic as I was driving and the message was only momentary). Tried pressing OK a few times and by now it was clear that I would have to visit ASC to get it checked/ addressed before my scheduled long drive.

By the time I had reached office, SA called up to check about the vehicle condition after service and I had mentioned about the DPF indication. He quickly requested me to visit ASC to get it checked (as if he was expecting DPF related event would happen). I asked him if they hadn't cleared the DPF as part of the service. SA mentioned they usually do it if the indication is around 60 - 70% and in my case it was just ~40%.

I visited ASC the next day and the vehicle was directly taken to the service floor. I accompanied mentioning that I haven't removed any valuables from the vehicle (usually I remove all valuables before leaving the vehicle for servicing; this time SA mentioned it is just 1hr procedure and I could wait for the completion). I also wanted to see what was going on during the regeneration hence was prepared to wait. While entering the floor, another Alcazar (Diesel, manual model) was undergoing DPF regeneration and I was told that mine can start after completing the already progressing one.

Once the other one completed regeneration and cleared the bay, Equipment was connect on the OBD port of my vehicle and paired with the tab. It showed 42% 'Relative soot accumulation..' (a reading that was very close to what the SA had mentioned when I enquired initially). DPF regeneration was initiated manually and it took about 20 - 25 minutes to complete. The engine was at 2k RPM during DPF regeneration and was back to idling RPM once regeneration was completed.

Meanwhile the OTA Map update was going on in the background and that got completed as well. All went well and I returned back home in about 50 minutes.

I am contemplating two possibilities for the DPF indication to kick in:

1. DPF Logic Update kicked-in some sort of calibration and resulted in manual regeneration message

2. Engine was kept running/ idling for very long time on the service floor resulting in soot accumulation (less chances as the soot accumulation reading was still around 42% only)

I will drive the vehicle for a couple of hours in coming days to see if any further indications pop up after the logic update - I will update here if any. Just thought of being helpful and contribute to this otherwise full-of-rich-content forum by sharing my experience with the Service/ software update. Guess how I was able to converse with the SA/ Technician about DPF and the Regeneration related topic? Of course Tbhp and the DPF related threads here helped the conversation - and more importantly, handle the whole situation related to my vehicle with relatively cool mind. Being an informed soul really helps

Kudos to Tbhp and its fabulous Moderators/ Members/ Participants

Note: I have attached the pics in the sequence of the events mentioned above. I am yet to learn how to insert text in between the attached pics here.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-1.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-0.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-2.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-3.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-5.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-4.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-5_2.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-5_3.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-5_4.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-6.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-7.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-7_2.jpg  

Last edited by sunil_k_u : 21st August 2023 at 02:26. Reason: Correct typo, add additional context
sunil_k_u is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 03:26   #869

Few queries:

1. Due to unavailability at the time of delivery, we'd conveyed our intention of having mud guards installed asap and very recently the Service Centre updated us on availability and accordingly it was planned to be installed along with 1st service. However on the day our vehicle was picked up, the manager mentioned on call that the technician was unable to install mudguards in front due to interference from side steps and even explained that it is common to see Alcazar without front mudguards, which we never noticed nor did we know about such handicap. Is this true, is there any issue pertaining to installation of front mud guards on any Alcazar variant?

2. Kindly suggest good products for fender fins, floor mats (including 3rd row; no boot mat) and mud guards respectively, preferrably if it is available online with return policy. For suggestions for shops, location is Pune.
Old 21st August 2023, 09:29   #870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthGrrGrr View Post
Few queries:

However on the day our vehicle was picked up, the manager mentioned on call that the technician was unable to install mudguards in front due to interference from side steps and even explained that it is common to see Alcazar without front mudguards
This is true. I was also told the same when i had taken the delivery 10 months back. The front mud guard's design (for reason only known to the designer) seems to interfere with the side step. However the back mudguards seem to fit just fine. I still have the front guards in the boot.

For the floor mats, i used to have the 7D mats in my previous car. Those did look good initially, but removing / cleaning them seemed a bit cumbersome. For my Alcazar, i got the 3D mats from Hyundai official accessories list. They are not expensive as the 7D, but are quite good. They fit well, look good, and cleaning is absolutely easy.
Vikashmalya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks