Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2023, 19:46   #841
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Does anyone know how to accept the autocomplete suggestion for destination on the navigation input. While typing the destination, below the input field, navigation interface shows up suggestion, but unable to tap it to set up as target destination. I have tried tapping the suggestion, tapping the input field, move the cursor to end of suggested name but it won’t budge. End of it, I had to still type it complete to set it up.

What am I missing? This is for the inbuilt 10.25 inch Nav on the Signature variant.
Old 22nd July 2023, 22:41   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldian View Post

What am I missing? This is for the inbuilt 10.25 inch Nav on the Signature variant.
If my memory serves me right, while typing the destination the top most suggestion would appear on search input as kind of autofill. We can keep continuing typing further characters until it matches with first search results and move cursor to end and press OK.

I will double check this tomorrow and update you. Mine is also same variant as yours.
rx100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 10:38   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
If my memory serves me right, while typing the destination the top most suggestion would appear on search input as kind of autofill. We can keep continuing typing further characters until it matches with first search results and move cursor to end and press OK.

I will double check this tomorrow and update you. Mine is also same variant as yours.
I’m unable to “Move cursor to end”. Will wait for you to check and suggest.
Old 23rd July 2023, 13:44   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldian View Post
I’m unable to “Move cursor to end”. Will wait for you to check and suggest.
I just checked and I think you are correct. There is no option to move cursor to end of the autocomplete result. Also pressing OK, not giving the correct results.

Better option would be setting destination using Bluelink app or using Apple carplay or Android auto.
rx100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 09:01   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post

1. Every car upwards of 20 lakhs will soon boast of ADAS in the next 6m it appears. How useful really is ADAS if 80% of our driving is on Hyderabad city roads? is it worth spending a lakh or two to get that feature? this is a key factor for decision making, as Alcazar doesnt have one, while the other three will/have one.

2. How worrisome is the poor throw from the low/high beam lamps of Alcazar, as stated by multiple owners? Is it really bad, and has it been fixed with the recent feature lift that happened in March 2023?

On 1, we dont want to spend on tech if it is not useful . The 360 degree camera should work fine to get through tight spots. Do we really need the ADAS tech?

On 2, don't want to buy something, knowing it is unsafe during night driving, hoping an after market uplift, thereby putting warranty under risk.

Please advise.
1. Why not wait a year for the Alcazar to get the ADAS as well. Once you get used to the space that Alcazar provides, Creta and Seltos would not matter.

2. The light throw is bad. Especially in the rains and badly lit areas. No two ways about it. But same will apply for Creta as well I believe.
Old 25th July 2023, 13:33   #846

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxo View Post
Thanks for sharing your ownership review. I am a new member on Team-Bhp and looking for some guidance from fellow members.
I have the 1.5 Diesel AT. The power is sufficient for city and highways with a full load. I have driven it ample times on the western ghats. If you have a good and tall build, middle-seat passengers, might have lesser legroom (partly because of the folding trays).

I feel this diesel is more refined and has better NVH levels than 700 and Safari. The new Safari has a new infotainment system but it's not sorted as yet. Probably would get better with future OTA.

In my opinion, Hyundai would give you greater peace of mind especially if you are going pre-owned.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th July 2023 at 13:41.
UchihaItachi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 14:38   #847
BHPian

Quote:
I am always confused when one says the light throw is poor. What is the benchmark for light throw? What are we baselining it against?
ITs not about comparing it with a benchmark, its about highlighting the road ahead safely. Its atrocious in rains. The problem is (as many times stated) the white light. It cannot penetrate though the rain drops. A projector would have worked wonders here. The lowest/entry variants have projectors i believe and they fare better than the higher variants.

Quote:

1. How useful really is ADAS if 80% of our driving is on Hyderabad city roads? is it worth spending a lakh or two to get that feature? this is a key factor for decision making, as Alcazar doesnt have one, while the other three will/have one.

2. How worrisome is the poor throw from the low/high beam lamps of Alcazar, as stated by multiple owners?

1. If you have a well kept car which does not need a change immediately, i would recommend to wait a year and get one with ADAS. I got to know that the Alcazar will get ADAS at the end ,after Creta gets it with the facelift .

The Alzacar as many have said is a great jack of all trades. It has something for everyone even if it does not have everything for someone.

Good quality inside out whether its the entertainment unit or the seats or the plastics.

Great features keeping up with the times except ADAS.

Covers the entire safety specifications spectrum - ABS,EBD,ESC,HillHold,6airbags etc etc.

Good Diesel engine ,enough to haul 6 people on hilly roads in reasonable speed and comfort.

Mileage could have been better though. Daily commute in Bangalore traffic gives me 9kmpl and 16 on highways with speed around 100 kmph.

But the MID always shows + 3kmpl and that's my pet peeve in this car.

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th July 2023 at 08:43. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use Multi Quote function when required instead of posting twice. Thank you.
Old 27th July 2023, 13:02   #848

Hi everyone.

I was in a quandary and was hoping for some support from the forum .

I have been looking to buy an SUV for a couple of months now. The purpose is primarily for family trips. I have a couple of kids along with wife and one parent.

After going through multiple cars, my wife and I zeroed in on alcazar. It's a very functional car which ticks all th boxes. Power train, interiors, safety features, mileage, luggage space , music system everything seems to be good. In fact better than xuv700 which is the segment benchmark.

What am I missing ? Why is xuv700 much more desirable and selling more than alcazar ? (Apart from engine and adas) . I just can't wrap my head around it. Since there is such a big difference in market perception, it's got me in double mind.

Can someone please help me in understanding? What are the clear differentiating points between alcazar and xuv700? Specifically in petrol automatic and top end versions.

Thank you.
Old 28th July 2023, 08:29   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroodVarun View Post
What am I missing ? Why is xuv700 much more desirable and selling more than alcazar ? (Apart from engine and adas) . I just can't wrap my head around it. Since there is such a big difference in market perception, it's got me in double mind.

Thank you.
Alcazar is a highly underrated and understated car. Infact, most people who sit in my car are blown away and 2 of my friends have booked an Alcazar.

About comparison with XUV and other competitors, I was in a similar situation in 2022. You can check my take here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5305482 (Hyundai Alcazar Review)
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 13:29   #850
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I own neither and absolutely don't plan to own either one ever. But my outsider opinion - The engine and the full-spec ADAS - themselves are more than enough to pull people to the XUV. The engine (both fuels) is really fantastic, never runs out of power at all. A 1.5 diesel (and similar petrol) can only dream of catching up. The car on its own of course is not bad. Ticks most of the boxes for a regular buyer with clear ideas of what they want the car for. Its just that the XUV7OO offers far more - for those who want more. The AWD credentials of the 7OO also pull the strings of the "SUV" fan much more, even if they end up buying FWD for budget reasons.

If one still needs another reason - the chart smashing test performance and well earned 5 star safety rating of the XUV7OO, seals the deal. Alcazar may have a long list of safety features, the credentials with facts, do not match-up with the 7OO.

Also - a lot of times, when a customer is upgrading after a while and with a lot of money to put in - more often than not, the thought is to spend a little bit more right now, but to buy something significantly bigger, that will continue to wow for 10 years. An Alcazar afterall is an elongated Creta (nothing wrong with that of course, for the specific purposes, its fine.) and a large number of customers today, would want something more aspirational, which the Creta used to be, but might not be today given the available choices.

Last edited by Reinhard : 28th July 2023 at 13:32.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 17:45   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Fit and finish of Alcazar is top notch even compared to XUV 7OO, though both top end variants are priced at a difference of 6 lakhs. Bigger diesel engine, ADAS and five star build rating are the pros of 7OO. I preferred Alcazar just because I was not happy with feature list and the interiors of 7OO AX5 variant for the same price.

Last edited by Hickstead : 28th July 2023 at 17:48. Reason: Corrections
Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 16:44   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Fit and finish of Alcazar is top notch even compared to XUV 7OO, though both top end variants are priced at a difference of 6 lakhs. Bigger diesel engine, ADAS and five star build rating are the pros of 7OO. I preferred Alcazar just because I was not happy with feature list and the interiors of 7OO AX5 variant for the same price.
I had the XUV700 in my list too and in fact had finalized it. But i swayed by the way the features were implemented in the Alcazar. I felt it was more robust than the XUV. The head unit and MID blanking off in 2 consecutive test drive cars did not allay my fears too. The switches , interiors and fit and finish are definitely plusher in the Alcazar when you compare it back to back. Yes the XUV has N number of features more than the Alcazar but i fell the XUV as a product was rushed in to the market. Most of the issues might have been solved by now but back then i was not ready to take up that headache. I wanted a buy it,fill it ,drive it kinda vehicle .
Old 1st August 2023, 11:17   #853

For the last 1 month, when I go over a speed bump (smooth or hard) I often get a knocking sound from my front wheels. I think it is from the suspension.

I haven't driven over rough/bad roads (barring the normal Mumbai roads). It just started all of a sudden. Anyone else facing the same issue?
UchihaItachi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 20:09   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaItachi View Post
For the last 1 month, when I go over a speed bump (smooth or hard) I often get a knocking sound from my front wheels. I think it is from the suspension.

I haven't driven over rough/bad roads (barring the normal Mumbai roads). It just started all of a sudden. Anyone else facing the same issue?
I had a knocking sound on the rear suspension about a month back. But the noise went away in a couple of weeks. My 30000 service is coming up soon and planning to get it checked out.
Old 6th August 2023, 00:32   #855

So I went to a test drive of the Petrol Automatic the other day.

The sales rep told me that the car was unavailable at the Andheri showroom because it was at the Chembur showroom and that I could test drive the diesel version.

First, does anyone else think offering a diesel to someone specifically looking for a petrol version to test drive is absolutely moronic?

Second, with all the crores that Shreenath Hyundai earns, how hard would it be to have a second test drive vehicle?

I was wondering if asking for another rep would be feasible since I wasn't really happy with the one who attended to me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks