Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2023, 22:16   #916
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Hi

I am planning to upgrade from my Linea Tjet to a bigger, comfortable car (that can seat four people and our dog comfortably).

The Alcazar fits the bill quite well. And after doing my own r&d, felt the base model (in its 1.5 turbo petrol manual avatar) would be the most value for money variant.

The problem is I haven't been able to get a test drive of the car so far. The 1.5 turbo in manual isn't available in any of the showrooms I visited.

Until Trident Hyundai (HAL branch) agreed to manage a test drive of the same. I double checked, saying, "I want only the manual 1.5 turbo petrol". The sales advisor confirmed, saying he will only get the variant I'm looking for.

So he came day before yesterday with the car to my residence. Only that the car was an old 2.0 NA Alcazar!

The sales advisor tried to convince me saying it's the same car, as both the engines put out the same amount or power. I saw no logic in reasoning with him, as I had a window of only an hour to take the test drive.

I was quite surprised and disappointed as I looking forward to the drive. Still, I hopped on and drove the car around to get the feel of the size and dimensions of the car. It was very easy to drive and overall, I felt the car offered a plush ride. The brakes were good too. Just that the engine response was a little disappointing.

The sales guy left saying that he will call me when he has the 1.5 manual for test drive. He hasn't called me yet obviously. And I don't think he will.

I called up a few more showrooms to see if they have the car, but no one seems to have it.

Now I'm thinking if I should really consider the car. Not very impressed with how Hyundai sales guys handled my request. Honestly, I like the car but they are making it very difficult for me to buy it from them... What would be your suggestion?
Old 22nd October 2023, 11:21   #917
mtk
BHPian

Since the last two months, I have noted something weird with my Alcazar. It was first observed in my drive to Bangalore two months back.

In September I gave the car for the 10k service. There was no issues with the car except for the wiper making noise. So to abide the service rules and to find a solution for the loud wiper noise I gave the car to Popular Hyundai, Cochin. The service was completed in two days. Two days later I had a planned visit to Bangalore and we started the journey. Three of us - Dad, Mom and myself with luggages.

While on the drive I experienced something shocking and something that never occurred in my 1 year of ownership. The car after crossing speeds of 100 started to vibrate. My dad was sitting in the back and he could feel the same. I also felt the car was having some alignment issues as it tend to move to the left. But we continued our journey.
So when I came back from Bangalore I visited Popular Hyundai and gave it for another service (5th or 6th Oct). This is what I mentioned to them:

1. Alignment issue. The car tend to move left
2. Vibration when crossing 100kmph
3. Wiper noise still very evident

They completed the service in a day and delivered the car. On 8th Oct I drove to Trivandrum and to my surprise the Vibration is still evident as soon as you cross 100kmph. The wiper noise is still there. However, the alignment seems to have been rectified.

I will visit Popular Hyundai aging next week. I’m not sure what to tell them apart from the same thing I’ve told them the last time.

Anyone else faced these Vibration issue and Wiper issue?
Old 23rd October 2023, 13:13   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_fiat View Post
The Service center guys will help you out specially to conceal the dashcam wire. Since there are no wire cuts and power is drawn through the cigarette lighter / usb, warranty will not get impacted. Dashcam is a necessity now and there is more awareness about it now.
Thanks I will contact my SA during the next service and see if it is a possibility for them to do it for me.
Old 24th October 2023, 14:30   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theps View Post
Hi,
I am planning to get a dashcam for my alcazar. Is it better to get from the Hyundai service centre or outside? Any suggestions?
Better to go for ones from Viofo. Have HDR support and also work on capacitors instead of batteries. Do check the thread on Dashcam too .
Old 30th October 2023, 13:53   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meples View Post
Hi

Now I'm thinking if I should really consider the car. Not very impressed with how Hyundai sales guys handled my request. Honestly, I like the car but they are making it very difficult for me to buy it from them... What would be your suggestion?
Lets say you keep your car for 10 years. You have deal with sales team for may be a few days in those 10 years. The rest is with the service team. And Hyundai service team is pretty good.

Go for the car, if you like it. I would say you should take test ride of any variant with 1.5 engine petrol and check out.
Old 30th October 2023, 13:57   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post
Since the last two months, I have noted something weird with my Alcazar. It was first observed in my drive to Bangalore two months back.

Anyone else faced these Vibration issue and Wiper issue?
Multiple people have reported the wiper noise issue with Alcazar. My theory is that the issue occurs if you pressure wash the wiper. Until then the new wipers work well without noise. I got a new set installed in August and made sure that the pressure washer is not pointed at the wipers. In the past two months the wipers have been good. Fingers crossed.

About the vibration issue - is that a engine/transmission judder? Not very clear what you mean by vibration. If it is a juddering, then please refer my thread on the same here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...injectors.html (Hyundai Alcazar | Juddering due to faulty fuel injectors).
This was due to issue with fuel injectors.
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 14:54   #922
mtk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Multiple people have reported the wiper noise issue with Alcazar. My theory is that the issue occurs if you pressure wash the wiper.
Interesting observation. Let me get the wipers changed again and avoid pressure washing the next time.

Quote:
About the vibration issue - is that a engine/transmission judder? Not very clear what you mean by vibration.
The judder is a different issue which I am living with. This issue is only there when the car speeds above 90-100kmph. This is where the car and steering vibrates. As if the car can’t handle this speed. It was never like this. Just started after the last service.
Old 30th October 2023, 16:46   #923
srh
BHPian

Quote:

The judder is a different issue which I am living with. This issue is only there when the car speeds above 90-100kmph. This is where the car and steering vibrates. As if the car can’t handle this speed. It was never like this. Just started after the last service.
Check wheel balancing and alignment. If it is speed dependent vibration, that is the most likely to be the issue.
srh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 20:14   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting observation. Let me get the wipers changed again and avoid pressure washing the next time.

Make sure to change the wiper assembly, not just the wiper blade rubber. I got it changed twice under warranty and Shield of Trust. And currently making sure the pressure wash is nowhere close to the wipers.
Old 30th October 2023, 21:16   #925
BHPian

Quote:

I will bet that it is wheel balancing gone wrong. Vibrations felt at the pedals + steering at very specific speeds very often point towards poor wheel balancing.

The folks at ASCs are absolute idiots when it comes to balancing and alignment. I even suspect that they are incentivised to sell more wheel weights than required

Get it done at a reputed tyre store/ dedicated wheel alignment centre. In BLR: Madhus's and even Tyre Empire for that matter do a great job.

My Verna had this issue once (just two days after service at Advaith Hyundai) when I was driving to Coonoor. Folks at a workshop even in a small sleepy town like Coonoor were able to fix the issue in a jiffy. The drive back was smooth sailing.
ashivas89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 22:30   #926
mtk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashivas89 View Post
I will bet that it is wheel balancing gone wrong. Vibrations felt at the pedals + steering at very specific speeds very often point towards poor wheel balancing.
I will do this. I too feel it’s the wheel balancing.

Quote:
Make sure to change the wiper assembly, not just the wiper blade rubber. I got it changed twice under warranty and Shield of Trust. And currently making sure the pressure wash is nowhere close to the wipers.
I have taken SOT and SOT super as well. Yet these guys pays no heed to my issues. Terrible experience with Popular Hyundai. Nevertheless, I’ll still visit them this week.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th October 2023 at 22:38. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button (QUOTE+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts. Thanks.
Old 1st November 2023, 21:25   #927

Does anyone else experience a rattling noise coming from the 2nd row sunshade on the left side? Gets really annoying after a while on bumps, especially with bangalore road conditions
Old 5th November 2023, 00:21   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arshzh View Post
Does anyone else experience a rattling noise coming from the 2nd row sunshade on the left side? Gets really annoying after a while on bumps, especially with bangalore road conditions
Does it come when the sunshade is in use or when its back inside its slot ?

I haven't observed either ways though.
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 19:07   #929

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Does it come when the sunshade is in use or when its back inside its slot ?

I haven't observed either ways though.
Hello,
Yes it occurs when it is inside its slot. Has been there since day 1, but it wasnt very noticeable or bothering back then.
Old 6th November 2023, 12:44   #930
BHPian

Is there a change in Hyundai's Blue Link app features? Has anyone checked or noticed? I can no longer see the "My Trips" details anymore, which was a very useful feature. Does anyone else have the same experience?
Ays7 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks