Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2023, 21:28   #736
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaleen View Post
Hi, looking to purchase Alcazar 1.5 Turbo and had a few questions:

- How are the OEM tyres, are they sufficient or has anyone done an upgrade? Recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks.
As it has been a norm for me to upgrade the rubber immediately on purchase, I was in a similar boat and found out that there are not too many options for 215/55 R18 tyre size in the market. A dealer promised same sized Conti's but could not deliver even after 10 days of my vehicle delivery. Michelin were not even available in this size.
Finally settled to use the OEM Aptera for now and upgrade later. After approx 4500 Kms of run and two 1000 kms plus drives including highways and mountains, I could say that these tyres are doing ok.
Haldian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 23:30   #737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldian View Post
B. Drive Information: It resets the minute you stop the car and get out of it for few mins. IMO, it should not reset when one is on the long drive and takes Bio/Food breaks in between. There should have been an option to setup interval before which it resets OR there must have been an additional manually controlled 'trip meter' of some sorts
Use the Accumulated Info for this, reset it before a big trip to use it as a trip meter.
EazyDriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 02:26   #738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Drive Information: It resets the minute you stop the car and get out of it for few mins.
Just today I parked at 2130 hrs and started the car at 0100 hrs. My Drive info did not reset. It does reset from the time I reach office and return commute home, which is > 6 hrs.

Mine however is the Prestige trim, yours is the Signature I guess. But am not sure, there would be a difference in this across trims.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 10:11   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyDriver View Post
Use the Accumulated Info for this, reset it before a big trip to use it as a trip meter.
Thanks for the tip EazyDriver. That is actually what I do as a workaround. However, I like to use Accumulated Info for the whole trip (to and fro) and anything in between. Usually cars have Trip 1 and Trip 2 Odos for such calculations and I reckon this is missing here. While drive info is still useful for that particular leg of journey, we surely are missing on Trip 2 for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Just today I parked at 2130 hrs and started the car at 0100 hrs. My Drive info did not reset. It does reset from the time I reach office and return commute home, which is > 6 hrs.

Mine however is the Prestige trim, yours is the Signature I guess. But am not sure, there would be a difference in this across trims.
Correct Narayans80. I have Signature trim and I think the odometer panel is different from Prestige variant. In fact, there are 3 points in your variant that are better than Platinum or Signature IMO. Tyre size (more apt for broken Interior roads and peace of mind), Wireless AA / AC (a norm now-a-days) and drive info as a trip meter being the obvious third.
Haldian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 10:35   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyDriver View Post
Is there any other way to track overall FE during the whole period of ownership? I’m currently using accumulated info for that purpose, and I know if me or someone inadvertently resets it, then it’s gone
Old 7th April 2023, 15:04   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
Is there any other way to track overall FE during the whole period of ownership? I’m currently using accumulated info for that purpose, and I know if me or someone inadvertently resets it, then it’s gone
I think it goes upto 9999 Kms. only.
I use a mobile app DRIVVO for service, fuel and other expense tracking activities.

Last edited by Haldian : 7th April 2023 at 15:06.
Haldian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 17:13   #742

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
Use the Fuelio app for this , I log every fill up in this. Helps track mileage, fuel expenses and FE
EazyDriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 11:47   #743

B. Drive Information: It resets the minute you stop the car and get out of it for few mins. IMO, it should not reset when one is on the long drive and takes Bio/Food breaks in between. There should have been an option to setup interval before which it resets OR there must have been an additional manually controlled 'trip meter' of some sorts.

The accumulated info can be reset and used as a trip meter if required. I also had the same feeling of why the driver info resets everytime.
CastleDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 09:38   #744
BHPian

Has anyone installed a rear dashcam on the hatch door in the Alcazar? If so, can you post pics of how you routed the cables?
Old 13th April 2023, 15:24   #745
BHPian

Hey Guys , i am presently not in town but want to keep the battery health of my Alcazar in good shape. Hence am trying to start the car remotely but it ain't working. I believe that the car has gone to sleep mode as i am trying to start it after a gap of 2 weeks.

Is there any way to "wake" it up? I did ask the guard to press the request sensor on the driver's side but still doesn't work. The area has enough reception too as i remote started it a couple of times to check the reception.

Any ideas guys?
Old 13th April 2023, 15:40   #746
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
B. Drive Information: It resets the minute you stop the car and get out of it for few mins.
Get it checked at the service center. The car could be in the transport mode or it could be a software issue. The trip (drive information) is retained for up to 4 hours after the car has been parked.

PS: There's a drive information on the ICE unit which shows driving/idling time, acceleration/deceleration rate, etc. This gets reset the moment the car is switched off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
AFAIK, it resets if the car is parked for more than 4 hours.

Last edited by ashis89 : 13th April 2023 at 15:41.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 17:37   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Hey Guys , i am presently not in town but want to keep the battery health of my Alcazar in good shape.
How long would be your downtime? If its only 2 weeks or less than a month, you should be fine. When I was down with Covid in 2021, I didn't see my car for a good 45 days. Started on first crank. And this was on a 3 year old car.

For a 6 month old car with lesser downtime, I won't be so concerned.
Old 13th April 2023, 18:23   #748
BHPian

Ill be out for a couple of months. Its not just the battery though. Would like to keep the internal air fresh by switching on the AC since it has leather seats.
Old 14th April 2023, 14:45   #749
BHPian

Alcazar is a great offering - a Reliable and luxurious people mover. If you fold down the third row and use it as a five seater, then there is nothing to complain. The quality of interiors, instrument cluster and the overall fit N finish are top notch for a vehicle in this segment.
Old 17th April 2023, 12:13   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Has anyone installed a rear dashcam on the hatch door in the Alcazar? If so, can you post pics of how you routed the cables?
I have installed 70mai A500+ with rear camera. I installed it myself in July last year after taking the delivery. I will click the picture and post here for your reference.
Kulvinder is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks